• RonwaldRonwald Posts: 71

Malice from Marvel Comics:

Malice 1

Malice 2

• Ronwald said:

Malice 1

Malice 2

You really did a great job with those expressions and poses. You really captured her anger and convey a sense of menace. The fabric of her costume also has a very interesting look to it. I like that it looks like something with weight and body. Are you going to try a different pose so we can see the dress/skirt flow over her sexy legs? Also, thank you for lighting the scene with daylight. I think the contrast with the simple blue sky helps make her seem even more menacing. Well done.

• mmitchell_houstonmmitchell_houston Posts: 2,473
    edited March 2022

Here's something I created for a fanzine. I definitely spent too much time making this, but it was a learning experience to try recreating the coloring effects/processes of comics from the 1970s-1980s. My workflow is pretty standard: Original renders created in Poser Pro 11 with the Comic Book Preview. I then clean up and composite the work in Clip Studio Paint. I used a new toolset for this that I purchased from the Vintage Texture Supply Co., KraftTone. KraftTone is a set of brushes designed to duplicate the look of old comics. It's an interesting set of tools that has a lot to offer. I'm just scratching the surface with this stuff, but I think this mostly came out okay.

Figure is Victoria 4 wearing the Red Sonja costume by TerryMcG.

I don't know if the shading tone dots are going to reproduce well here, or not.

Red-Sonja-800px.jpg
    800 x 1090 - 1M
    Post edited by mmitchell_houston on
  • dark-BuBdark-BuB Posts: 44
    edited March 2022
    Hi all!
    If we already have the premiere of the new Bat movie around us, a little Batman made in Daz ...

Dc Heroes - Batman in cave.png
    1100 x 1467 - 1M
    Post edited by dark-BuB on
  • dark-BuB said:

Hi all!
    If we already have the premiere of the new Bat movie around us, a little Batman made in Daz ...

Nicely done. I like the atmospheric effects. I suggest adding a stronger light off to his side, as it would bring a nice shine to the cowl and shoulders, thus making him pop a bit more. All in all, very nice work.

mmitchell_houston said:

Ronwald said:

Malice 1

Malice 2

You really did a great job with those expressions and poses. You really captured her anger and convey a sense of menace. The fabric of her costume also has a very interesting look to it. I like that it looks like something with weight and body. Are you going to try a different pose so we can see the dress/skirt flow over her sexy legs? Also, thank you for lighting the scene with daylight. I think the contrast with the simple blue sky helps make her seem even more menacing. Well done.

Thank you! I spent a bit of time getting the exact look I was shooting for on the expression. I may do another pose, but I have to be careful exactly how the dress flows over the legs as it might reveal certain things I'm not allowed to show here. :)

I went back and forth for a while on daylight verses night. I agree the daylight contrast works well for this character.

edited March 2022

mmitchell_houston said:

I don't know if the shading tone dots are going to reproduce well here, or not.

This looks great!

I have fought for the last couple of years to get a comic book effect from 3D renders which looks good. I am impressed when someone can pull this off as you have in this image. 

Post edited by Ronwald on

dark-BuB said:

Hi all!

I agree the atmospheric effects make this image look incredible. Fantastic work! 

Oh, Thank you very much guys! :) 

mmitchell_houston said:

Nicely done. I like the atmospheric effects. I suggest adding a stronger light off to his side, as it would bring a nice shine to the cowl and shoulders, thus making him pop a bit more. All in all, very nice work.

Oh, yeah, thanks, I'm still struggling with the lights but it looked good on my monitor :D
    But thank yout for the advice I try to take :) 

• An Agent Carter Character study/comparison inspired from the "What If" animated series. TD

Carter comparison.jpg
    927 x 1200 - 441K
    Agent Carter Training Gear.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 396K

terry_duquette said:

An Agent Carter Character study/comparison inspired from the "What If" animated series. TD

Those look amazing!  I especially like the reflective texture of the Cap suit.  

• terry_duquetteterry_duquette Posts: 256
    edited March 2022

Ronwald said:

terry_duquette said:

An Agent Carter Character study/comparison inspired from the "What If" animated series. TD

Those look amazing!  I especially like the reflective texture of the Cap suit.  

Thanks,

I think I just lucked out, when I moved the British Flag onto the texture map, all the other settings were maintained! I also liked that reflective look. TD

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • I'm missing the mask but here is my Spider-Gwen (Ghost-Spider). Still looking for a good mask that will blend well with the Super Hero Suit from Smay.

solisphotography said:

I'm missing the mask but here is my Spider-Gwen (Ghost-Spider). Still looking for a good mask that will blend well with the Super Hero Suit from Smay.

That's very cool :O
    Did you do the textures for the suit?

Can I ask where did you get the web? 

• The textures came from Smay's Facebook page as a freebie (https://www.facebook.com/DAZsmay3d). I did the hood to match the suit.

This web came with the pose I found at Rendo but I've done a better one by using https://www.daz3d.com/ptf-magic-shaders-and-wearables-for-genesis-3-and-8 and playing with the displacement settings and removing the color maps. I used it at https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/6254758822150144#gallery=album8833106&page=2&image=1122378

solisphotography said:

I'm missing the mask but here is my Spider-Gwen (Ghost-Spider). Still looking for a good mask that will blend well with the Super Hero Suit from Smay.

That looks great!  I really like the lighting on the character. 

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,540
    edited March 2022

Playing around with Sketchy for IRAY

Wolverine Test Sketch by tkdrobert Wolverine Test Sketch by tkdrobert

Post edited by tkdrobert on

tkdrobert said:

Playing around with Sketchy for IRAY

Wolverine Test Sketch by tkdrobert Wolverine Test Sketch by tkdrobert

That's very cool!   

Three Marvel characters: Black Widow, the Invisible Woman, and Captain Marvel...

Black Widow, Invisible Woman, Captain Marvel

And a second version...

Black Widow, Invisible Woman, Captain Marvel - version two

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,905

I guess Carol didn't get the joke. 

Gordig said:

I guess Carol didn't get the joke. 

Something like that. smiley 

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,870

Harley...Da Bomb!

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,213

RawArt said:

Harley...Da Bomb!

That came out great! 

butterflyfish said:

RawArt said:

Harley...Da Bomb!

That came out great! 

Thanx :)

RawArt said:

Harley...Da Bomb!

That's an excellent image! 

Ronwald said:

RawArt said:

Harley...Da Bomb!

That's an excellent image! 

Thank You

Namor the Sub-Mariner and Sue Richards the Invisible Woman from the Fantastic Four...

Namor and Sue Richards

• My attempt to converge on a passable Miles Morales character.   Excellent Spiderman Ultimate suit by Guhzcoituz at Renderhub.   

Miles_02.png
    1024 x 813 - 813K

Three Wishes said:

My attempt to converge on a passable Miles Morales character.   Excellent Spiderman Ultimate suit by Guhzcoituz at Renderhub.   

Cool image! 

• I finally found a mask to complete my Ghost-Spider / Spider-Gwen.