Superheroes Rebooted - Renders Assemble

Comments

• RonwaldRonwald Posts: 71

BrianP21361 said:

Just a WIP, but I thought I'd share. Comments welcome. 

From Amazing Spider-man #900, the Sinister Adaptoid. 

Most pieces are from MightyMite. The arms are from the Stellar Kninghts Collection

Very cool!  

edited August 2022

A series of images involving the Invisible Woman and Namor, the Sub-Mariner.

Namor asked Sue to join him in a secluded rocky cave near the ocean.

- - -

Namor pleads with Sue to leave her husband.

- - -

Sue tells Namor she would never leave Reed.

- - -

What do you think?

Post edited by Ronwald on
  • Nice series! Emotions are great. 

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225

RawArt said:

It was a dark and Stormy night

Wow!  Really well done, @RawArt and love that you gave her white eyes.  IIRC  John Byrne said in an interview years ago that the whiteness was meant to be light reflecting off the eyeball, like a cat's; he did give her cat shaped iris and pupil cool

Redfern said:

Mzzkiti:  "So, I'm cosplaying as whom, exactly?"

Phahnboi:  "Why, Spiderman's greatest nemesis..."

Phahnboi:  "Dr. Octopussy!"

Mzzkiti:  "..."

Lol!  laugh  I didn't see that coming yes

edited August 2022

Redfern said:

JoeQuick's M4 Spiderman (mask prop with expression morphs,  conforming "socks" and second skin type textures for M4's torso and limbs), pitted against my custom Doc Ock assembly built around the "vintage" Michael 3.  I've shown him before, but I've continually made incremental refinements.  Now he uses the Technophilia Techno-Tentacles and sports the "Morning Hair that better resembles the unkempt "bowl cut" Steve Ditko gave the character.

Love the classic Spidey and Dock Ock look, @Redfern; that takes me way, way back laugh yes  I also remember the finger dials wink 

Apropos of nothing, Doctor Spider from Jack Kirby's Sandman kind of reminded me of Doc Ock cool (although he seemed seriously unhinged).

Post edited by 3dLux on

BrianP21361 said:

Just a WIP, but I thought I'd share. Comments welcome. 

From Amazing Spider-man #900, the Sinister Adaptoid. 

Most pieces are from MightyMite. The arms are from the Stellar Kninghts Collection

This is amazing @BrianP21361 !  Haven't read the issue but I recognized Electro, Mysterio, Kraven and Doc Ock right away; looking forward to seeing the finished work yes yes

solisphotography said:

I finally found a mask to complete my Ghost-Spider / Spider-Gwen.

!!!!!!!!!!!  Takes me back to Into the Spiderverse @solisphotography!  IMO it's the best Spider-Man movie, bar none (admittedly I still haven't seen No Way Home  blush)

Love the lighting and composition:  great use of the rule of thirds on the horizontal and vertical axes.  Love her pose as well:  graceful and has a quirky Ditko vibe.  Two thumbs way, way up!

Ronwald said:

A series of images involving the Invisible Woman and Namor, the Sub-Mariner.

Namor asked Sue to join him in a secluded rocky cave near the ocean.

- - -

Namor pleads with Sue to leave her husband.

- - -

Sue tells Namor she would never leave Reed.

- - -

What do you think?

I love the cinematic way you directed the scene:  the two shot a gradual zoom in.  Lighting is very good; the skin tones are lovely, as my tutors in film school would say.  Conflict (the source of all drama) is present in each panel.  Well done on the expressions!

An observation:  In the earlier post I didn’t recognize Namor immediately as he’s usually depicted with highly arched thin eyebrows (from Bill Everett to John Byrne, others probably but Byrne’s Namor is where I stopped).  It’s possible you tried that and opted for something else.  Just my $0.02

Keep up the great work!

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,870

3dLux said:

RawArt said:

Wow!  Really well done, @RawArt and love that you gave her white eyes.  IIRC  John Byrne said in an interview years ago that the whiteness was meant to be light reflecting off the eyeball, like a cat's; he did give her cat shaped iris and pupil cool

I didnt know that.............though honestly I see no need for a cat shaped iris for her, doesnt really follow her mutation   *shrug*

edited August 2022

RawArt said:

3dLux said:

RawArt said:

I didnt know that.............though honestly I see no need for a cat shaped iris for her, doesnt really follow her mutation   *shrug*

True; it does make more sense for Catsye of the Hellions.  At least they kept her eyes with a human's proportions:  if it was the proportions of a cat's her eyeballs would be the size of oranges surprise

Post edited by 3dLux on

BrianP21361 said:

Nice series! Emotions are great. 

Thank you! 

3dLux said:

I love the cinematic way you directed the scene:  the two shot a gradual zoom in.  Lighting is very good; the skin tones are lovely, as my tutors in film school would say.  Conflict (the source of all drama) is present in each panel.  Well done on the expressions!

An observation:  In the earlier post I didn’t recognize Namor immediately as he’s usually depicted with highly arched thin eyebrows (from Bill Everett to John Byrne, others probably but Byrne’s Namor is where I stopped).  It’s possible you tried that and opted for something else.  Just my $0.02

Keep up the great work!

Thank you!

I tried to go with arched eyebrows for Namor, but I think the expression may have gotten in the way of that.  I'll keep watch for that in the future. I'll also see if I can arch them more as the default to help solve that problem. I do think you're right about the thinness of the eyebrows. I'll see if I can replace them with a better choice.

Thank you for all the observations and comments!

Some She Hulk Pin-up

RawArt said:

Some She Hulk Pin-up

Excellent! The pose, the expression, and the skin texture are great! 

Thanx

• Sue Storm - Agent of SHIELD

Sue Storm - Agent of SHIELD

Sue Storm (the Invisible Woman), Agent of SHIELD and her partner, Natasha Romanoff (Black Widow).

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,905

Ronwald said:

What do you think?

I think she's making a terrible mistake.

• Gordig said:

Ronwald said:

What do you think?

Do you mean working for SHIELD? 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,905

Ronwald said:

Gordig said:

Ronwald said:

What do you think?

Do you mean working for SHIELD? 

Staying with Reed.

• rdudarduda Posts: 579

Too much photoshop?

JLA1_SM.jpg
    701 x 864 - 809K
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,340

rduda said:

Too much photoshop?

No, too much fun!

I love th\e toonish, illustrated look, thanks for sharing!

-- Walt Sterdan 

• rduda said:

Too much photoshop?

No. In the context of the image it works. 

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,540

Looks like a Job for Supergirl

tkdrobert said:

Very cool image!

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,540

Ronwald said:

tkdrobert said:

Very cool image!

Thanks