Superheroes Rebooted - Renders Assemble

Comments

• RonwaldRonwald Posts: 71

solisphotography said:

I finally found a mask to complete my Ghost-Spider / Spider-Gwen.

Excellent! I love the lighting and the pose. 

• Ronwald said:

solisphotography said:

I finally found a mask to complete my Ghost-Spider / Spider-Gwen.

Excellent! I love the lighting and the pose. 

Thank you! 

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,870

It was a dark and Stormy night

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,701

^Very cool (love Storm and this is a great rendition)

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,870

Silent Winter said:

^Very cool (love Storm and this is a great rendition)

Thank You...yeah...she is one of my favs too

• I'm working on who I think is the toughest super hero of all time (unbeatable) if you all agree do I win anything?

• It's a Little Wooden Boy

Little Wooden Boy.JPG
    640 x 919 - 49K
  • Type 0 NegativeType 0 Negative Posts: 323
    edited May 2022
    Little Wooden Boy.JPG
    773 x 1000 - 615K
    Post edited by Type 0 Negative on
  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,540

Batman Crime Alley 2

Batman in Crime Alley.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593
    edited June 2022

Mzzkiti:  "So, I'm cosplaying as whom, exactly?"

Phahnboi:  "Why, Spiderman's greatest nemesis..."

Phahnboi:  "Dr. Octopussy!"

Mzzkiti:  "..."

Octopussy-Gag-J-1.jpg
    600 x 600 - 46K
    Octopussy-Gag-J-2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 53K
    Octopussy-Gag-J-3.jpg
    1000 x 666 - 102K
    Post edited by Redfern on
  • BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 807

Redfern,

That's so bad that it's hilarious! Great render too. 

BrianP21361 said:

That's so bad that it's hilarious!

Then my work here is done! wink

Oh...BTW, thanks!

• Francis TaylorFrancis Taylor Posts: 84
    edited June 2022

May be an anime-style image of 1 person

colossus.jpg
    2500 x 3125 - 1M
    Post edited by Francis Taylor on
    edited June 2022

JoeQuick's M4 Spiderman (mask prop with expression morphs,  conforming "socks" and second skin type textures for M4's torso and limbs), pitted against my custom Doc Ock assembly built around the "vintage" Michael 3.  I've shown him before, but I've continually made incremental refinements.  Now he uses the Technophilia Techno-Tentacles and sports the "Morning Hair that better resembles the unkempt "bowl cut" Steve Ditko gave the character.

M4-Spidey-v-M3-Ock-J-1.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 357K
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

Redfern said:

JoeQuick's M4 Spiderman (mask prop with expression morphs,  conforming "socks" and second skin type textures for M4's torso and limbs), pitted against my custom Doc Ock assembly built around the "vintage" Michael 3.  I've shown him before, but I've continually made incremental refinements.  Now he uses the Technophilia Techno-Tentacles and sports the "Morning Hair that better resembles the unkempt "bowl cut" Steve Ditko gave the character.

So good. Excelsior!

TJohn said:

Redfern said:

So good. Excelsior!

Thank you!  I'm particularly satisfied with the control harness Otto wears.  The "belt" is from an ancient DavoRama freebie, but I modeled the control dials based upon the truly bulky apparatus Octavious wore in his debut.  When I was still in elementary school (the early 70s), I thought they were rotary telepjone dials! blush Much later I noticed each dial had 5 "buttons" or "holes", far too few for an old fashioned phone dial.  It finally dawned upon me those 'pips" corresponded to the number of digits upon one's hand.  Anyway, they were legacy features I wanted to include upon my interpretation of Doctor Octopus.

• MuzMel said:

@BrianP21361 That looks great! You've got her mischeaveous look down.

@Geoffrey Thanks a lot. The Cleo hair looks promising, but you're right. The accessories don't seem removable from the promo pics. I am using "Flora hair". The bangs don't come down straight but they have volume

There are ways around that, with the Geometry Editor or the Suraces tab. (This doesn't work at all with dForce hair, sadly.) I use the former more, now. You can select the accessories and delete them, as I did with Scarlett's hair below. I combine hair sets as much as anything else. It takes a little practice but it can work great. Here are two examples.

GI Joe Scarlett uses https://www.daz3d.com/force-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s and "Messy Hair G3" from the other store - not sure if it's  ok to link it here. 

The other render is Jane West, a work in progress. I'm doing the entire Best of the West line of 12" action figures from the 60s-70s for the fun of it. (Two of the images below are the action figure, not the render). She uses only one hair - https://www.daz3d.com/paige-hair-for-genesis-8--3-females - but several iterations of it with different parts eliminated.and pushed around with D-formers to accommodate the hair band.  Still working on the bangs but you get the idea.

You do this by loading a hairpiece and deleting everything but the scalp, because you need that separate. Then you load another one and delete the scalp from it. If the hair has more than one face group or surface group, you can select it all using the Geometry Editor - all of it except the part you want to keep. Then just delete it. In Jane's case I used the marquis selection mode to just chop off the front on the second hair load, and the back when I loaded it a third time. If you're using multiple hair pieces from different vendors, try a uiversal hair shader to get them all the same color - for example, https://www.daz3d.com/idg-iray-hair-essentials-shaders. If they're all from the same vendor, the color options might even work across different models. Don't count on it, but every now and then it works.

Scarlett 01.jpg
    977 x 1582 - 834K
    jane west 01.jpg
    1588 x 1843 - 373K
    jane west 02.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 58K
    jane test 01.jpg
    1091 x 759 - 444K
    edited June 2022

"I webbed myself..."

SpiderCat-Gooped-J-1.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 293K
  • stuthursostuthurso Posts: 192

"Wow, THE Batman - or is it just "Batman"? It's your choice, of course!"

Keaton Headmorph and Texture and the Burtonverse Batsuit are all from @Magnus1781 over on DeviantArt: magnus1781 User Profile | DeviantArt

• stuthursostuthurso Posts: 192

The Maid of Might!

Another Morph and Texture from Magnus1781's collection.  cheeky

The Top, Belt and Cape used here are available from Ocelot1300 over on ShareCG for free: Typical Supergirl outfit for G8F, with dForce - DAZ Studio (sharecg.com)

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,540

Batman Patrol

tkdrobert said:

Batman Patrol

Great image. I love the cape! 

Griffin Avid said:

Oh snaps.

There's my Webtoon release of The Dynamic Spider-Man Plus.

The Dynamic Spider-Man Plus

https://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/the-dynamic-spider-man-plus/list?title_no=710590

The composition and the pose are excellent! 

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

Thank you. The capes are awesome for Batman and Supergirl too.

edited July 2022

Doom and Sue

Post edited by Ronwald on
  • Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758
    edited July 2022

The suit looks awesome and the red lighting is sinister.

Doc Oc from Issue 04 The Dynamic Spider-Man Plus.

Dynamic Spider-Man Plus

SP_Cover_04 My Wife 01.jpg
    940 x 1225 - 340K
    Post edited by Griffin Avid on

Griffin Avid said:

The suit looks awesome and the red lighting is sinister.

Doc Oc from Issue 04 The Dynamic Spider-Man Plus.

Dynamic Spider-Man Plus

Again, I love the composition. The level of detail is great too. 

• BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 807

Just a WIP, but I thought I'd share. Comments welcome. 

From Amazing Spider-man #900, the Sinister Adaptoid. 

Most pieces are from MightyMite. The arms are from the Stellar Kninghts Collection

Sinester Adaptoid G3M Posed.png
    1200 x 900 - 210K