Comments

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

Kludge said:
    jeeperz said:
    Kludge said:
    DanaTA said:
    Dyslexics really shouldn't work on road signage! :-P

One appeared like that in Nanakuli some years ago. Sooo ... out came the black cover-up stuff and it was redone ... as SPOT.

that's a case of just can't spell, that person probably gets lost on the way to his bathroom at home

Or it's a case of good Hawaiian bud at work. ;-)

would that be Maiu Wiwo

edited December 1969

guess I can't spell either...

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

Kludge said:
    DanaTA said:

One appeared like that in Nanakuli some years ago. Sooo ... out came the black cover-up stuff and it was redone ... as SPOT.

So...they hired the same guy to redo it? :lol:

Dana

edited December 1969

yeah, now who's the dummy in that case, you'd think they would of made sure he or she know how to spell it before they let em do it again. That must be UPPER management that called that one......

edited December 1969

jeeperz said:

Well, I've given a lot of thought to another lately...

No good deed goes unpunished!

The problem is, I can't help myself...I keep doing them. I'm doomed!

Dana

• KludgeKludge Posts: 354
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    Kludge said:
    jeeperz said:
    Kludge said:
    DanaTA said:

that's a case of just can't spell, that person probably gets lost on the way to his bathroom at home

would that be Maiu Wiwo

ROFL ... I see you've had some. :lol:

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Kludge said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Of course! DOT here is, if nothing else, consistent. Consistently bad. ;-P

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Kludge said:
    DanaTA said:
    Kludge said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Public School Education: Yup, they built that!

Kendall

edited July 2012

Kludge said:
    DanaTA said:
    Kludge said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

yeah DOT stands for Dumb@$$'$ on target

Post edited by jeeperz on
    edited December 1969

Kludge said:
    jeeperz said:
    Kludge said:
    jeeperz said:
    Kludge said:
    DanaTA said:

would that be Maiu Wiwo

*evil smiley* I'll never tell..... ooohhh,,,, look at the lights.......

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Well, I've given a lot of thought to another lately...

No good deed goes unpunished!

The problem is, I can't help myself...I keep doing them. I'm doomed!

Dana

you and me both Dana

edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    yeah, now who's the dummy in that case, you'd think they would of made sure he or she know how to spell it before they let em do it again. That must be UPPER management that called that one......

We're talking about the same Dept of Transport that hasn't yet figured out that they're supposed to repave roads after pipelines etc have been laid and not before and then after ... then complain about not having enough money to maintain the highway system. And a water department that takes over 10 years to complete a 2-3 year project. Etc. So very much etc. It's still a fun place to live and I wouldn't trade it for anything ... except to be with my daughter.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,408
    edited July 2012

Kludge said:
    jeeperz said:

We're talking about the same Dept of Transport that hasn't yet figured out that they're supposed to repave roads after pipelines etc have been laid and not before and then after ... then complain about not having enough money to maintain the highway system. And a water department that takes over 10 years to complete a 2-3 year project. Etc. So very much etc. It's still a fun place to live and I wouldn't trade it for anything ... except to be with my daughter.This is the Government you're talking about. Think about it. :smirk:

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Sorry to interrupt the current levity...

I need each of the ETO's, and Music to PM me their comments on the "gallery" proposal. If we're going to do this I'd like to finalize the initial setup this weekend so that I can have it operational ASAP. I have a major project starting next week that may take a significant amount of my time for the next 2 weeks, and I want to make sure that everything is in place for multiple people to maintain the gallery.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Kludge said:
    jeeperz said:

We're talking about the same Dept of Transport that hasn't yet figured out that they're supposed to repave roads after pipelines etc have been laid and not before and then after ... then complain about not having enough money to maintain the highway system. And a water department that takes over 10 years to complete a 2-3 year project. Etc. So very much etc. It's still a fun place to live and I wouldn't trade it for anything ... except to be with my daughter.

that would be the same DOT that puts in the new road and then 6 months later tears it up to build a "better" road, yeah there are just as stupid here as they are there.

edited December 1969

Kludge said:
    jeeperz said:

This is the Government you're talking about. Think about it. :smirk:

I like how they have 6 people who stand around looking at a hole while 1 holds the shovel. gotta love the stupidity

edited December 1969

Kludge said:

Public School Education: Yup, they built that!

We have one of the worst public educational systems in the country however some if not all of the private schools are pretty decent. Fer 'zample, a couple years ago a small team of girls from one of them built a rocket that went up some 26 miles. That's not too shabby for a first attempt. The reaction from the public school students, especially the boys? "And so? My 'cuz can get me sky rockets and I don' gotta build nuttin'." Maybe - and this is an outside chance - one in a hundred might have grasped the significance of the difference let alone the launch itself. Sadly that includes faculty and administration.

edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    Kludge said:

yeah DOT stands for Dumb@$$'$ on target

More like off target. ;-)

edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    Kludge said:
    jeeperz said:
    Kludge said:

would that be Maiu Wiwo

*evil smiley* I'll never tell..... ooohhh,,,, look at the lights.......

Hee, hee, hee

edited December 1969

Well, yeah. There is a line in H. Beam Piper's Space Viking that comes down to "There may be something unworkable in the whole idea of government." (That's not the exact wording but the concept is there.) Piper was by no means an anarchist and that was the only place I recall that idea being forwarded but I have to admit there is some truth to it. OTOH, humans as a species are pack animals and there always will be an alpha within each pack. The self-sufficient lone wolf is an exception to that and I'm not entirely sure it's a healthy one. (This coming from someone who does not do well around other people.) In any event, that alpha and his/her supporters are, by definition, "government." How successful they are depends on a great number of factors, some less pleasant than others.

edited July 2012

Kludge said:

Well, yeah. There is a line in H. Beam Piper's Space Viking that comes down to "There may be something unworkable in the whole idea of government." (That's not the exact wording but the concept is there.) Piper was by no means an anarchist and that was the only place I recall that idea being forwarded but I have to admit there is some truth to it. OTOH, humans as a species are pack animals and there always will be an alpha within each pack. The self-sufficient lone wolf is an exception to that and I'm not entirely sure it's a healthy one. (This coming from someone who does not do well around other people.) In any event, that alpha and his/her supporters are, by definition, "government." How successful they are depends on a great number of factors, some less pleasant than others.As the late, great DeForest Kelly (RIP) as Dr. Bones McCoy said in Star Trek IV, "The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe."

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
  • Oom FooyatOom Fooyat Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Kludge said:

Well, yeah. There is a line in H. Beam Piper's Space Viking that comes down to "There may be something unworkable in the whole idea of government." (That's not the exact wording but the concept is there.) Piper was by no means an anarchist and that was the only place I recall that idea being forwarded but I have to admit there is some truth to it. OTOH, humans as a species are pack animals and there always will be an alpha within each pack. The self-sufficient lone wolf is an exception to that and I'm not entirely sure it's a healthy one. (This coming from someone who does not do well around other people.) In any event, that alpha and his/her supporters are, by definition, "government." How successful they are depends on a great number of factors, some less pleasant than others.

As the late, great DeForest Kelly (RIP) as Dr. Bones McCoy said in Star Trek IV, "The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe."

Parkinson's Law is well over 50 years old and still apply.

edited December 1969

Kludge said:

As the late, great DeForest Kelly (RIP) as Dr. Bones McCoy said in Star Trek IV, "The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe."

Parkinson's Law is well over 50 years old and still apply.Very true. Now let's see some more renders.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I have trouble with doing renders for this one. I can do Toon, but I fail miserable at trying to do comic.

NAE. Toon Town.

toon_town.jpg
    800 x 600 - 384K
    edited December 1969

Hey, they're all driving on the wrong side of the road! Is that why the police officer is sad? :-P

Dana

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

vivayo said:
    Hi all,

There is my first entry for this month. Hope I did not make any mistake.

Title: The steampunk duellist (hmmm.. who will I kill today ?)

Composed and rendered with DAZ Studo 4 (cartoon mode)

Freebies:
    1.Hard Man M4 (morph)**: http://www.most-digital-creations.com/freestuff.htm (27th from the bottom)
    2.Level Hype for M4 (texture)*: http://www.sharecg.com/v/57731/View/11/Poser/Level-Hype_for-Michael-4
    3.Valens Hair for V4/A4 *: http://www.sharecg.com/v/36166/View/11/Poser/Valens-Hair-For-V4/A4
    4.Soul Patch**: http://www.most-digital-creations.com/free_poser_poses_textures_morphs_props_45.htm (last one on the page)
    5.M4 Steampunk Vest*: http://www.sharecg.com/v/45520/View/11/Poser/M4-Steampunk-Vest
    6.DD M4 Pants: http://poserg.sakura.ne.jp/vue/index.cgi (2nd on the left side)
    7.T2 for M4 (boots)*: http://shop.poseraddicts.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=3713
    8.V3 Uber-googles smart prop*: http://www.sharecg.com/v/31583/View/11/Poser/Uber-Goggles-Smart-Prop
    9.M4 famous hats collection (Van Helsing hat)*: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=66816
    10.Wrist Blade (Bracer)**: http://www.most-digital-creations.com/free_poser_poses_textures_morphs_props_43.htm (2nd from the bottom)
    11.Velvet and Fur shaders for DAZ Studio (on the vest)*: http://www.sharecg.com/v/57474/View/11/Poser/Velvet-and-Fur-shaders-for-DAZ-Studio
    12.Ultimate shader pack (on the buttons of the vest)*: http://www.sharecg.com/v/27568/Material-and-Shader/Ultimate-Shader-Pack-for-DAZ-Studio
    13.V4 duellist set (sword)*: http://www.sharecg.com/v/30153/View/11/Poser/Duellist-V4
    14.Vaguely M4 (pose)*: http://www.sharecg.com/v/49586/View/11/Poser/Vaguely-M4
    15.Skydome*: http://www.sharecg.com/v/45996/View/11/Poser/SkyDome
    * means registration required
    ** means required by the contest rules

Not counted:

M4
    Free but no longer available: Bridge of Pontus on the DAZ freepository

Bought: M4 Morphs, Visual style shaders

Vivayo welcome to the challenge. This is a nice entry, love the sword.

:-)

• JesterVIIJesterVII Posts: 175
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    JesterVII said:
    Ok so after spending most of the day tracking down my daz stuff and figuring out MAC stuff I was about to work on a new render (actually one I finished yesterday before comp died) and i realized I can't. I do not have any freebies in my runtime. Nor do I have Comic Life on here. AGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really really really want to take a sledge hammer to my old comp. So now I have to track down all my old stuff. So I might be ready to work again some time next year...lol

If your old PC drive is still readable then I can help you transfer the data from it to your new Mac.

Email me: [email protected]

Kendall

You might want to PM him, because without quoting your message, he won't know what that address is...it doesn't show in the forum. But I can see it here. Another bug in the site, I guess.

Dana

I sent it via forums because so few people check their PMs. My email is available via my profile as well.

Kendall
    Sadly the samurai (name of my old comp...no really it had a name) is dead. his brain may still be readable, but I would have to remove it and bring it in to some one, and have them do a data transfer.

Anyway thank you Kendall for the offer.

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

Kludge said:
    This is going too far. I had a series of renders complete and almost ready to submit. I'm out.

Alexa, please get yourself back here. Please?

No one has a greater respect for you as an artist or as a person than I do. Going with the artist for now, every time I see what I believe will be my favorite piece of your work you put out another even better. This has been going on since your first submission way back when and has happened once again with your most recent - the one posted by your father. (Thank you, Kendall.) LG isn't the only one who should be feeling the heat from your talent. You have taken the Freebie Contest by storm and have become an integral part of it in the process.

Yes, the rules can be an issue from time to time. We've seen this before in previous contests but this month, for whatever reason, it has become a major problem. You've asked questions before without a problem, never as a complaint but rather for clarification. Granted some of the answers could have been worded better but you've always seemed to be satisfied with them and with the fact that the rules are somewhat fluid contest to contest. The core rules don't change but the "special" rules for each contest do. The unwritten ones should be unified so there's some agreement on them but that's up to the ubersupreme PTBs not a poor peon like me who hasn't yet hit the 10k post level yet and isn't really likely to.

We need you. You are the type of artist the freebie contests are about, the one who grows with each each month's new challenge and each entry within that challenge. Absolutely no one here doesn't enjoy, appreciate and admire your work and I can think of no one who doesn't like & care about you as a human being. So please, Alexa, reconsider and rejoin us. Please?

What he said!

:)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Hey, they're all driving on the wrong side of the road! Is that why the police officer is sad? :-P

Dana

The left side of the road is the right side in this neck of the woods.
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

The left side of the road is the right side in this neck of the woods.

Yes...I know that...it was a joke!

Dana