[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female(Now Conv JCMs) [Commercial]

Comments

• I've had some trouble with converting custom characters to G8 I have both the G2F/G8F and G2M/G8M converters). The morphs aren't extreme. Unless I check "hide eyes" those are distorted, and there have been nose and lip problems. Now I've taken one converted G8M character, switched to the joint editor tool and -- no wonder there are problems -- the bones are a mess.However, opening the Windows > Panes(Tabs) > Tool Settings > Pane Options (upper right corner) > Edit, and selecting Adjust Rigging to Shape, solved all the distortions.

Hopefully a useful suggestion.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,520

I've had some trouble with converting custom characters to G8 I have both the G2F/G8F and G2M/G8M converters). The morphs aren't extreme. Unless I check "hide eyes" those are distorted, and there have been nose and lip problems. Now I've taken one converted G8M character, switched to the joint editor tool and -- no wonder there are problems -- the bones are a mess.However, opening the Windows > Panes(Tabs) > Tool Settings > Pane Options (upper right corner) > Edit, and selecting Adjust Rigging to Shape, solved all the distortions.

Hopefully a useful suggestion.

Interesting.  I will have to look at that.  Thanks for sharing!

• ps2000ps2000 Posts: 278

I tried to convert the lydiahd character (https://www.daz3d.com/lydia-hd-for-victoria-7) and it looks pretty good with one exception. 

There is a "seam" visible on the right arm but strangely not on the left.

Is there a way to correct that?

lydiahd.PNG
    1915 x 750 - 810K
  • raven449raven449 Posts: 46
    edited April 2020

Is it possible to convert a custom Gen 3 Teen model from a scene and have her stay a teen? When I tried to convert my custom Amber model the progarm makes her an Adult. And when I try to convert the original Amber model into a Gen 8, the program says "unalble to save file".

Post edited by raven449 on
    ps2000 said:

I tried to convert the lydiahd character (https://www.daz3d.com/lydia-hd-for-victoria-7) and it looks pretty good with one exception. 

Perhaps it is a UV problem on the material.  Do you have
    https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-character-uvs-for-genesis-8-female

raven449 said:

Is it possible to convert a custom Gen 3 Teen model from a scene and have her stay a teen? When I tried to convert my custom Amber model the progarm makes her an Adult. And when I try to convert the original Amber model into a Gen 8, the program says "unalble to save file".

The Convert Custom Character script does not actually save a character.  It converts the morphs.  At the end, you need to save the character preset with all the morphs engaged.

raven449 said:

The Convert Custom Character script does not actually save a character.  It converts the morphs.  At the end, you need to save the character preset with all the morphs engaged.

I have a preset fore the Gen 3 model. but when I merge her with the Gen 8 model, the Gen 8 result is taller. Can we not convert figures of different heights?

raven449 said:
    raven449 said:

I have a preset fore the Gen 3 model. but when I merge her with the Gen 8 model, the Gen 8 result is taller. Can we not convert figures of different heights?

Yes, you can.  If it is a character preset and you use the main script, it takes into account the scale of the character.  For the custom character, you need to dial in the scale yourself before saving the preset.

edited April 2020
    raven449 said:
    raven449 said:

Yes, you can.  If it is a character preset and you use the main script, it takes into account the scale of the character.  For the custom character, you need to dial in the scale yourself before saving the preset.

Ohh Scale! I was using the Height slider. Got it working now. Thank You!

ps2000 said:

No, I don't have that product.

But what use would it be?

I think that LydiaHD is not a "Daz Original '7' figure"?

I would like t apply the lydiaHD skin on the figure correctly. 

ps2000 said:
    ps2000 said:

Lydia probably uses a different UV layout than Genesis 8.  Default materials copied to your new Genesis 8 characters may have ugly seams and/or misaligned features due to the different UV layout.

raven449 said:
    raven449 said:
    raven449 said:

Ohh Scale! I was using the Height slider. Got it working now. Thank You!

Awesome!  You're welcome.

ps2000 said:
    ps2000 said:

Lydia probably uses a different UV layout than Genesis 8.  Default materials copied to your new Genesis 8 characters may have ugly seams and/or misaligned features due to the different UV layout.

I know that it probably uses a different UV layout. I wanted to know if there is maybe a way to correct that. I guess not. 

• It seems like my polite question got deleted.

I was asking how progress on the similar legacy related script for V4 to G8F was going?

ps2000 said:
    ps2000 said:
    ps2000 said:

I know that it probably uses a different UV layout. I wanted to know if there is maybe a way to correct that. I guess not. 

Sorry, not from this script.  This script just copies the materials to G8F.  The UV Layouts have to match.

It seems like my polite question got deleted.

I was asking how progress on the similar legacy related script for V4 to G8F was going?

Slow.  I am still trying to do Genesis to G8F.  First tests were not encouraging.

• marcolijmarcolij Posts: 5

The script doesn't save morphs. And I have to go through Force convert because it doesn't recognize characters, even those from DAZ.

Screen Shot 05-03-20 at 12.20 PM.PNG
    518 x 333 - 29K
    Screen Shot 05-03-20 at 12.20 PM 001.PNG
    422 x 204 - 15K
    marcolij said:

The script doesn't save morphs. And I have to go through Force convert because it doesn't recognize characters, even those from DAZ.

Can I see the Daz log of the conversion?

marcolij said:

13:27:37 GMT+0200 (Paris, Madrid (heure d’été)): Executing Script

13:27:37 GMT+0200 (Paris, Madrid (heure d’été)): Selecting Preset: E:/Poser Pro 2014 Content/People/Genesis 3 Female/Characters/Bethany 7.duf

13:27:37 GMT+0200 (Paris, Madrid (heure d’été)): Converting character from E:/Poser Pro 2014 Content/People/Genesis 3 Female/Characters/Bethany 7.duf to E:/Poser Pro 2014 Content/People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Bethany 7.duf

13:30:20 GMT+0200 (Paris, Madrid (heure d’été)): Bethany 7 is of type Actor/Character

13:55:12 GMT+0200 (Paris, Madrid (heure d’été)): Error saving morphs

13:55:12 GMT+0200 (Paris, Madrid (heure d’été)): Execution Complete.

• It seems like my polite question got deleted.

Slow.  I am still trying to do Genesis to G8F.  First tests were not encouraging.

Oh dear.

That is a shame. :(

I hope you will hang in there though.

There was no where near as much volume of characters made for V5 as there was for V4, & there are still vendors putting out new V4 characters even now.

I am sure a lot of hobbyists would like the option of converting their V4 favourites to the current technology base.

marcolij said:
    marcolij said:

13:27:37 GMT+0200 (Paris, Madrid (heure d’été)): Selecting Preset: E:/Poser Pro 2014 Content/People/Genesis 3 Female/Characters/Bethany 7.duf

13:27:37 GMT+0200 (Paris, Madrid (heure d’été)): Converting character from E:/Poser Pro 2014 Content/People/Genesis 3 Female/Characters/Bethany 7.duf to E:/Poser Pro 2014 Content/People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Bethany 7.duf

13:30:20 GMT+0200 (Paris, Madrid (heure d’été)): Bethany 7 is of type Actor/Character

I need the Daz Log (Help->Troubleshooting->View Log File) for the conversion, not the script window log.

It seems like my polite question got deleted.

Oh dear.

That is a shame. :(

I hope you will hang in there though.

There was no where near as much volume of characters made for V5 as there was for V4, & there are still vendors putting out new V4 characters even now.

I am sure a lot of hobbyists would like the option of converting their V4 favourites to the current technology base.

I will keep plonking away at it.  I know people want it.

marcolij said:
    marcolij said:

I need the Daz Log (Help->Troubleshooting->View Log File) for the conversion, not the script window log.

What part of the report? it is really very long.

2020-05-03 13:55:07.739 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileoutput\dzassetoutfile.cpp(611): Failed to create file path.
    2020-05-03 13:55:07.740 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzAssetIOFilters\dzmorphsupportassetfilter.cpp(936): Failed to write Morph Asset(s).
    2020-05-03 13:55:12.312 Failed to save Morph Asset(s). See the log for more details.
    2020-05-03 13:55:12.320 DEBUG: Error: Operation failed
    2020-05-03 13:55:12.320 DEBUG: Error saving morphs
    2020-05-03 13:55:12.321 DEBUG: END Conversion of E:/Poser Pro 2014 Content/People/Genesis 3 Female/Characters/Bethany 7.duf
    2020-05-03 13:55:12.352 DEBUG: Execution Complete.
    2020-05-03 13:57:55.134 Script executed successfully: E:/Poser Pro 2014 Content/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Character Converter/Character Converter G3F to G8F.dse

marcolij said:
    marcolij said:
    marcolij said:

2020-05-03 13:55:07.739 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileoutput\dzassetoutfile.cpp(611): Failed to create file path.
    2020-05-03 13:55:07.740 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzAssetIOFilters\dzmorphsupportassetfilter.cpp(936): Failed to write Morph Asset(s).
    2020-05-03 13:55:12.312 Failed to save Morph Asset(s). See the log for more details.
    2020-05-03 13:55:12.321 DEBUG: END Conversion of E:/Poser Pro 2014 Content/People/Genesis 3 Female/Characters/Bethany 7.duf
    2020-05-03 13:57:55.134 Script executed successfully: E:/Poser Pro 2014 Content/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Character Converter/Character Converter G3F to G8F.dse

Best from when it starts the conversion to the end.  Just with what you posted, I can see that it failed to create the path (directory).  I would like to see what path it thought it was supposed to create.

marcolij said:
    marcolij said:
    marcolij said:

Best from when it starts the conversion to the end.  Just with what you posted, I can see that it failed to create the path (directory).  I would like to see what path it thought it was supposed to create.

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    1M
    edited May 2020

I have noticed that converted characters will no longer work with some of my Genesis 3 facial expession pre sets. Is there a way to fix that? Thanks.

marcolij said:
    marcolij said:
    marcolij said:
    marcolij said:

In the Content Directory Manager, your Daz Studio Formats specifies a folder under Program Files!  I cannot state strongly enough that this is a bad idea.  These folders should be in documents or on another drive, but not in Program Files.  The script fails at writing the morphs because Windows does not allow it to write to Program Files without elevated privileges (which is a good thing as a badly written script could otherwise overwrite programs in these folders).

raven449 said:

I have noticed that converted characters will no longer work with some of my Genesis 3 facial expession pre sets. Is there a way to fix that? Thanks.

The converted characters are now Genesis 8.  They will not work with Genesis 3 morphs.

• ViragoJonesViragoJones Posts: 3
    edited May 2020

Edit: Fixed! The problem was with duplicate Genesis 8 Female files.

Hi -

I'd like to start by saying I'm completely new to Daz Studio and all I know comes from working with a more experienced co-creator. That being said, I've followed the instructions in your Youtube video for this product to the letter and I cannot get it to work for the life of me.

I'm trying to convert Arabella 7 to Genesis 8. No matter what I do, the result is always this:

Image removed

I have tried converting the character from my library.
    I have tried using the Scene Converter tool.
    Having installed Arabella through Daz Connect, I uninstalled her and manually installed both her and the basic Genesis 8 Female, thinking the script was struggling to find the assets it needed because of Daz Connect.
    I also manually installed the converter script.
    I have tried adjusting the tolerance levels.
    I even had a friend send me a converted Arabella, with exactly the same results. It looked fine for him, but when I opened the file he sent me, I had the same problem.

Absolutely nothing works. Please help.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on