[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female(Now Conv JCMs) [Commercial]

Comments

• Hello, 

Are folks having success with this tool? All my g3 to g8 converts end up with bad eye distortion. After churning the manual and the entirety of this thread... I've tried all the {hide eyes, legacy, tolerance value tweaking, etc} numerous times and combinations. The results end up generally the same if I'm doing in scene convert, or character file convert scripts, which is squished eyeballs.

Is that the accepted result standard? I see people have posted some 'success' pictures to this thread, but mostly they are distance views, and maybe had some post work done.

I'm just trying to use it with general G3 female realistic human characters, no stylized, no creatures, etc.

Anyone have any suggestions or tips to resolve this? I just need to be able to have a normal g8 eyeball, and don't care about the g3 texture either. Or some manual steps I could do afterward to put in a proper eyeball?

I've attached some example results. If people say it works for them without eye squish, please give some character names from the catalog I could try.

Thanks for your help

It definitely works better on some characters than others, and some will work with a lot of experimentation. For example, Victoria 7 and Olympia 7 both converted with default settings no problem. Ophelia 7 took a lot lot lot of tweaking and what eventually worked was using the legacy method with 'hide eyes' unchecked and a tolerance of .0004. I've had the same problems as you with both females and males and I still cannot get Darius 7 to convert without that distortion no matter what combination of settings I use. My guess is that some characters just won't go. 

Thanks for the help @melissastjames!  laugh

• MouserMouser Posts: 675
    Mouser said:

Finally got around to using this sucker and it performes well (slow) but well.

Unfortunatly running multiple instances of DazStudio doesnt seem to work with this sript (clothing & Hair does) as it defaults to only one core but it works.

Textures as per the PDF mentions are an issue but I lazily just used Genesis 8 textures instead.

The only issue I have had so far is the extreme shapes such as Star3's eye textures, has anyone thought up a solution to this?

Otherwise like this script;)

I am glad you like it.  Star is going to be a problem probably.  Those eyes make it difficult.  All I can suggest is playing with the 2 methods, and for the legacy method (uncheck hide eyes and really low tolerance, 0.0005 or less.

Yep, Star and characters like her where why i got this script as there isnt a Star 3 for Genesis 8.

• dragotx said:

I ran this, and it successfully (mostly) converted most of the characters I told it to, but now every time I load any g8F character i get an error that "the following filse could not be found: studio/my library/people/genesis  8 female/characters/genesis8female.dsf.  It shouldn't be looking there for anything as I do not use that folder for anything, it never existed until this script ran (it's there now, but empty).  How do I get Studio to stop looking for something there?

That is strange.  Can you PM me with your email?  I would like to look at one of your character files.

I think this is similar to what I ran into today when I first tried G3F to G8F CHaracter Converter.  It complained that I did not have content that I was sure I did.  I remembered that I did move my content directory last year and had not removed the old one.  So I manually added the 'missing' content to the old default (I assume) directory (C:\Users\Public\Documents\Studio\My DAZ 3D Library) and it worked; my G8F version was identical to the G3F version (once I applied the morphs).  Is there a way to change the content directory in this product?

I want to express my appreciation to the PA.  Your products are well documented and I see you are very active and responsive in the forums.  Well done!

Craig

• azcraigrr said:
    dragotx said:

I ran this, and it successfully (mostly) converted most of the characters I told it to, but now every time I load any g8F character i get an error that "the following filse could not be found: studio/my library/people/genesis  8 female/characters/genesis8female.dsf.  It shouldn't be looking there for anything as I do not use that folder for anything, it never existed until this script ran (it's there now, but empty).  How do I get Studio to stop looking for something there?

That is strange.  Can you PM me with your email?  I would like to look at one of your character files.

I think this is similar to what I ran into today when I first tried G3F to G8F CHaracter Converter.  It complained that I did not have content that I was sure I did.  I remembered that I did move my content directory last year and had not removed the old one.  So I manually added the 'missing' content to the old default (I assume) directory (C:\Users\Public\Documents\Studio\My DAZ 3D Library) and it worked; my G8F version was identical to the G3F version (once I applied the morphs).  Is there a way to change the content directory in this product?

I want to express my appreciation to the PA.  Your products are well documented and I see you are very active and responsive in the forums.  Well done!

Craig

Thank you!  I appreciate the kind words.  

And thanks for the input.  The script asks Daz Studio to find content.  For example, it asks DS where can I find 'People/Genesis 3 Female/Characters/Genesis 3 Female.duf'.  DS looks for and finds the full path to the file.  If DS cannot find it, the script is in trouble.

• azcraigrrazcraigrr Posts: 70
    edited December 2019
    azcraigrr said:
    dragotx said:

Craig

And thanks for the input.  The script asks Daz Studio to find content.  For example, it asks DS where can I find 'People/Genesis 3 Female/Characters/Genesis 3 Female.duf'.  DS looks for and finds the full path to the file.  If DS cannot find it, the script is in trouble.

I believe that is the issue.  I'm confusing the script.  Thanks!!

daz_content.jpg
    460 x 226 - 27K
    Post edited by azcraigrr on
  • azcraigrr said:
    azcraigrr said:
    dragotx said:

Craig

I believe that is the issue.  I'm confusing the script.  Thanks!!

No problem! smiley

• bringhobringho Posts: 239

Message to RiverSoftArt

For some reason I am unable to access my messages, I'm also unable to create a new message?!? Will file a support issie with Daz when this comment is sent.

The answer to the question "Did you convert things twice without deleting morphs? " is that I deleted all morphs in the data folder manually before I comverted the character agan.

The /data/ morph directory chreated when converting Victoria 7 was "DAZ 3D,Heysun Oh,Yannek", converting Victoria 7 HD created the /data/ folder "DAZ 3D,Heysun Oh".

Looking into the original Victoria 7 files, the "pJCMVictoria7ShoulderBndFwd_110_L.dsf" file formulas look like this;

"formulas" : [
                    {
                        "output" : "Genesis3Female:#pJCMVictoria7ShoulderBndFwdR?value",
                        "operations" : [
                            { "op" : "push", "url" : "lShldr:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Genesis3Female.dsf#lShldr?rotation/y" },
                            { "op" : "push", "val" : [ -110, 1, 0, 0, 0 ] },
                            { "op" : "push", "val" : [ -85.5, 0, 0, 0, 0 ] },
                            { "op" : "push", "val" : 2 },
                            { "op" : "spline_tcb" }

]
                    },
                    {
                        "stage" : "mult",
                            { "op" : "push", "url" : "Genesis3Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7.dsf#FBMVictoria7_v1?value" }
                        ]
                    }
                ],

And the formulas in "pJCMVictoria7ShoulderBndFwd85_L.dsf" look like this:

{
                        "output" : "Genesis3Female:#pJCMVictoria7ShoulderBndFwd85L?value",
                            { "op" : "push", "url" : "lShldr:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Genesis3Female.dsf#lShldr?rotation/y" },
                            { "op" : "push", "val" : -0.01176471 },
                            { "op" : "mult" }

]
                    },
                    {
                            { "op" : "push", "url" : "Genesis3Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7.dsf#FBMVictoria7_v1?value" }
                        ]
                    }
                ],

As stated earlier I don't know enought about dsa files to know whar the formula does but it is the only difference in the original files so that may indicate the reason for the:
    WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5978): Unsupported formula: /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D%2CHeysun%20Oh%2CYannek/Victoria%207/pJCM_RS_Victoria7ShoulderBndFwd_110_R.dsf"

Cheerio for now.

• dougjdougj Posts: 92
    edited January 2020

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong thread.

I'm getting the following error when I try to run the clothing converter script:

2020-01-17 09:48:19.692 Loading script: D:/Users/Doug/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/scripts/riversoft art/clothing converter/clothing converter g3f to g8f.dse
    2020-01-17 09:48:19.698 DEBUG: Found: D:/Users/Doug/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/data/cloud/1_57641/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa
    2020-01-17 09:48:19.700 DEBUG: Found: D:/Users/Doug/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/data/cloud/1_56469/data/riversoft art/common/rsccconstants.dsa
    2020-01-17 09:48:19.700 WARNING: Script Error: Line 1
    2020-01-17 09:48:19.700 WARNING: SyntaxError: Parse error
    2020-01-17 09:48:19.705 WARNING: Stack Trace:
        <anonymous>()@D:/Users/Doug/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/data/cloud/1_56469/data/riversoft art/common/rsccconstants.dsa:1
    2020-01-17 09:48:19.706 Error in script execution: D:/Users/Doug/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/scripts/riversoft art/clothing converter/clothing converter g3f to g8f.dse

I've used the script many times in the past without errors.

Annotation 2020-01-17 102935.png
    531 x 446 - 72K
    Post edited by dougj on
  • bringho said:

Message to RiverSoftArt

For some reason I am unable to access my messages, I'm also unable to create a new message?!? Will file a support issie with Daz when this comment is sent.

The answer to the question "Did you convert things twice without deleting morphs? " is that I deleted all morphs in the data folder manually before I comverted the character agan.

The /data/ morph directory chreated when converting Victoria 7 was "DAZ 3D,Heysun Oh,Yannek", converting Victoria 7 HD created the /data/ folder "DAZ 3D,Heysun Oh".

Looking into the original Victoria 7 files, the "pJCMVictoria7ShoulderBndFwd_110_L.dsf" file formulas look like this;

{
                            { "op" : "push", "val" : [ -110, 1, 0, 0, 0 ] },
                            { "op" : "push", "val" : [ -85.5, 0, 0, 0, 0 ] },
                            { "op" : "push", "val" : 2 },
                            { "op" : "spline_tcb" }

]
                    },
                    {
                        ]
                    }
                ],

And the formulas in "pJCMVictoria7ShoulderBndFwd85_L.dsf" look like this:

{
                            { "op" : "push", "val" : -0.01176471 },
                            { "op" : "mult" }

]
                    },
                    {
                        ]
                    }
                ],

As stated earlier I don't know enought about dsa files to know whar the formula does but it is the only difference in the original files so that may indicate the reason for the:
    WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5978): Unsupported formula: /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D%2CHeysun%20Oh%2CYannek/Victoria%207/pJCM_RS_Victoria7ShoulderBndFwd_110_R.dsf"

Cheerio for now.

I apologize!  Somehow I missed your post. 

You can try a solution from the forums (https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/22220/duplicate-formulas-error-solved-thank-you-bejaymac):

1. load Genesis 8 into an empty scene, you'll get the error message, just click it to carry on.
    2. Find the offending morph(s) in the Parameters tab, in this case it Actor/Universal/Fantasy SciFi and it's the HFS_Shapes_Head01 morph.
    3. Dial the morph to make sure it works and then zero it again.
    4. At one end of the dial you'll see a little "cog", click on it and in the little menu that opens click on Parameter settings.
    5. In the new window that has just opened you will see a Color A & a Color B, click on Color B to open the color picker.
    6. Set the color to 254, 254, 254 and click OK.
    7. Click "Accept" at the bottom of the Parameter Settings window.
    8. After that window closes go "File > Save As > Support Asset > Save Modified Assets".

DS will do a quick scan of the figure and open a small window that should only have the one file listed, accept it and DS will replace the old file with a new updated one.

• dougj said:

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong thread.

I'm getting the following error when I try to run the clothing converter script:

2020-01-17 09:48:19.692 Loading script: D:/Users/Doug/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/scripts/riversoft art/clothing converter/clothing converter g3f to g8f.dse
    2020-01-17 09:48:19.698 DEBUG: Found: D:/Users/Doug/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/data/cloud/1_57641/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa
    2020-01-17 09:48:19.700 DEBUG: Found: D:/Users/Doug/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/data/cloud/1_56469/data/riversoft art/common/rsccconstants.dsa
    2020-01-17 09:48:19.700 WARNING: Script Error: Line 1
    2020-01-17 09:48:19.700 WARNING: SyntaxError: Parse error
    2020-01-17 09:48:19.705 WARNING: Stack Trace:
        <anonymous>()@D:/Users/Doug/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/data/cloud/1_56469/data/riversoft art/common/rsccconstants.dsa:1
    2020-01-17 09:48:19.706 Error in script execution: D:/Users/Doug/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/scripts/riversoft art/clothing converter/clothing converter g3f to g8f.dse

I've used the script many times in the past without errors.

I answered in the other thread.

• FlortaleFlortale Posts: 611

Can someone tell me if this will convert Ophelia 7's body morph, and her textures to Genesis 8? I only need her body morph and textures to work with Genesis 8.

• Hmm.  Just tried running this, and it's not working for me.  I started with the G2F Taurette, then used GenX to get her to G3F (along with the needed Minotaur morphs), and saved her out as a character preset, which loads fine on it's own.  Then I tried running the preset through the script.  It took about 5 minutes, and the end result was a default G8F.

• bringho said:

Flortale said:

Can someone tell me if this will convert Ophelia 7's body morph, and her textures to Genesis 8? I only need her body morph and textures to work with Genesis 8.

It converts the body morph.  The textures are copied but you need something like for the textures: https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-character-uvs-for-genesis-8-female

• Hmm.  Just tried running this, and it's not working for me.  I started with the G2F Taurette, then used GenX to get her to G3F (along with the needed Minotaur morphs), and saved her out as a character preset, which loads fine on it's own.  Then I tried running the preset through the script.  It took about 5 minutes, and the end result was a default G8F.

Can I see the log?  

Also, check for the character parameter slider, it might not be at 100%.  There is a bug in DS where it doesn't save properly at 100%.  The script fixes that by editing the character preset file, but if for some reason it couldn't find the file, it may have failed on that step.  The log will tell me what happened.

•  

Also, check for the character parameter slider, it might not be at 100%.  There is a bug in DS where it doesn't save properly at 100%.  The script fixes that by editing the character preset file, but if for some reason it couldn't find the file, it may have failed on that step.  The log will tell me what happened.

Ah, that was all it needed.  When I opened the converted G8F character, the sliders were there, just set to 0.  I ran it again and saved the log for debugging purposes.  I'm also finding that there's a ton of problems daz is having in the background when I load my figures.  I'm going to be taking that over to the nuts&bolts part of the forums to try and get some help.

txt
    txt
    taurette test.txt
  •  

Ah, that was all it needed.  When I opened the converted G8F character, the sliders were there, just set to 0.  I ran it again and saved the log for debugging purposes.  I'm also finding that there's a ton of problems daz is having in the background when I load my figures.  I'm going to be taking that over to the nuts&bolts part of the forums to try and get some help.

Did you delete the old morphs from Windows Explorer first?  Converting twice can cause problems (as the manual states).  The log definitely shows that it could not open the file to fix it:

Unable to open zipped file C:/Users/thist/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs//LOCAL USER/CTRL-RSC-G3FTaurette.dsf

The double slashes (//) are what is messing it up.  THAT is occuring I think because the vendor is blank for the original file:

2020-02-04 17:42:30.513 DEBUG: Vendor Name: 
    2020-02-04 17:42:30.513 DEBUG: Product Name: LOCAL USER
    2020-02-04 17:42:30.513 DEBUG: Character Name: G3FTaurette

Can you try to add a vendor name to the G3 character and then rerun it? (after deleting the morphs please).

• I'm not sure how to add the vendor name.

• I'm not sure how to add the vendor name.

For testing purposes, just save a new character preset.  (make sure you have set your authorship info in preferences).

• Ack!  Somehow this testing changed the default load-out for G3F.  Now every character I open comes with Taurette dialed in.

• Ack!  Somehow this testing changed the default load-out for G3F.  Now every character I open comes with Taurette dialed in.

What did you do?  Saving a character preset should not affect all characters.

• Sorry for dropping off.  A bunch of deadlines have come up.  I should be able to get back to these next week.

• Sorry for dropping off.  A bunch of deadlines have come up.  I should be able to get back to these next week.

No problem.  I am here when you have time.

• Sorry to go off topic a little.

Is a Victoria 4 to G8F Character Converter script still on the cards?

:)

• Sorry to go off topic a little.

Is a Victoria 4 to G8F Character Converter script still on the cards?

:)

Yes, it is.  It has turned out to be tougher than I hoped to go back to even Genesis 2 though so it is delayed.

• Thanks for the reply.

I shall try to wait patiently. ;)

• Unable to convert Kayless G3F Characters Jen Gwennelli, etc. They don't show up when I load the directory and adding them as a single file gives No Character Found error. Please advise?

• Unable to convert Kayless G3F Characters Jen Gwennelli, etc. They don't show up when I load the directory and adding them as a single file gives No Character Found error. Please advise?

You will need to uncheck the "Check Content Type" option, and then use the Add Files button to add them manually.

• edited February 2020

Hello,

Unable to convert Kayless G3F Characters Jen, Gwennelli, etc. They don't show up when I load the directory and adding them as a single file gives "No Character Found" error. Please advise? Most characters do work! Are they not supported?

Thanks In Advance!

Post edited by anthony.luigi_05ebfcd7e7 on
  • Hello,

Unable to convert Kayless G3F Characters Jen, Gwennelli, etc. They don't show up when I load the directory and adding them as a single file gives "No Character Found" error. Please advise? Most characters do work! Are they not supported?

Thanks In Advance!

What does the log say?  

• edited February 2020

Hello,

Thanks In Advance!

What does the log say?  

How do I find the log? Sorry I'm not at the pc. I will be in the morning.

Post edited by anthony.luigi_05ebfcd7e7 on