[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female(Now Conv JCMs) [Commercial]

Comments

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,135

I ran this, and it successfully (mostly) converted most of the characters I told it to, but now every time I load any g8F character i get an error that "the following filse could not be found: studio/my library/people/genesis  8 female/characters/genesis8female.dsf.  It shouldn't be looking there for anything as I do not use that folder for anything, it never existed until this script ran (it's there now, but empty).  How do I get Studio to stop looking for something there?

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,519
    dragotx said:

I ran this, and it successfully (mostly) converted most of the characters I told it to, but now every time I load any g8F character i get an error that "the following filse could not be found: studio/my library/people/genesis  8 female/characters/genesis8female.dsf.  It shouldn't be looking there for anything as I do not use that folder for anything, it never existed until this script ran (it's there now, but empty).  How do I get Studio to stop looking for something there?

That is strange.  Can you PM me with your email?  I would like to look at one of your character files.

• Submitted an update just now:

• Added ability to convert corrective morphs (JCMs, MCMs)
    • Added ability to detect and load "Actor" and "Preset/Character" presets as well as "Character/Actor" presets
    • Added new conversion process
    • Added more status messages to dialog during conversion
    • Fixed to strip out special characters from Vendor, Product, and Item Name as that can cause problems for saving the morphs
    • Added legacy conversion, hide eyes, and convert corrective morphs options
    • Added Reset Options button
    • Updated Manual with new conversion process and to note about corrective morphs being converted now
  • Hi Riversoft!

I seem to be able to use the Scene converter, but not the batch converter ("Character Converter"). When I input a directory, it only identifies things like horns - which your wonderful tutorial vid said the check was specifically supposed to avoid. No characters are identified or listed. Any thoughts? I did note that in your vid you say that "preset shapes" aren't handled by the product? Since I use the Content Library almost exclusively, this is what I'm used to applying to characters (preset shapes)..

Apologies if this is a simple mistake on my part!

• ImagoImago Posts: 5,065

Submitted an update just now:

• Added ability to detect and load "Actor" and "Preset/Character" presets as well as "Character/Actor" presets
    • Fixed to strip out special characters from Vendor, Product, and Item Name as that can cause problems for saving the morphs
    • Updated Manual with new conversion process and to note about corrective morphs being converted now

It's already on the DIM or we have to wait?

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,337

Wow, you have been really busy. Excellent news.

• Imago said:

It's already on the DIM or we have to wait?

It is only submitted.  Daz still has to test it.

• Artini said:

Wow, you have been really busy. Excellent news.

Thanks!

• Hi Riversoft!

I seem to be able to use the Scene converter, but not the batch converter ("Character Converter"). When I input a directory, it only identifies things like horns - which your wonderful tutorial vid said the check was specifically supposed to avoid. No characters are identified or listed. Any thoughts? I did note that in your vid you say that "preset shapes" aren't handled by the product? Since I use the Content Library almost exclusively, this is what I'm used to applying to characters (preset shapes)..

Apologies if this is a simple mistake on my part!

Yes, for the main script, preset shapes do not work.  The script wants to LOAD a character, not change a character already loaded into another shape.  When you use Add Dir, does the directory have messages about skipping files that you know are character presets?  My guess is your log is full of messages like:

2019-08-01 17:20:38.214 DEBUG: SKIPPING "Actor" file: D:/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Characters/Chara Centaur.duf

2019-08-01 17:20:38.095 DEBUG: SKIPPING "Preset/Materials" file: D:/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Characters/Xolani/Materials/Xolani Translucency Medium.duf

2019-08-01 17:20:38.096 DEBUG: SKIPPING "Preset/Morph/Apply/Head" file: D:/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Characters/Xolani/Xolani 1 Head.duf

2019-08-01 17:20:38.095 DEBUG: SKIPPING "" file: D:/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Characters/Xolani/Materials/Xolani Translucency Medium.duf

The quotes after the "SKIPPING" keyword should contain the metadata that Daz Studio thinks a file is.  If it is blank, "", then no metadata is found.  Some users, for whatever reason, have Daz Studio get corrupted and it reports "" for files that it should be reporting as

2019-08-01 17:20:35.791 DEBUG:    Adding "Actor/Character" file: D:/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Characters/Skinchangers/Skinchangers Wolves.duf

If so, you are one of the users where Daz Studio is not returning the correct metadata.  In that case, you need to uncheck "Check Content Type" option and use Add Files to add those character presets.

• f7eerf7eer Posts: 123

It just got released today. Thanks!

• f7eer said:

It just got released today. Thanks!

Excellent!  Enjoy!

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624

RiversoftArt I just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work on this converter!  It has been put in my wishlist and will be getting it just as soon as I can.  I wanted to also let you know that I would LOVE a V4 to G8F converter.  I know you said previously that you would possibly look into it and I figure the more votes for it the better!!  

Thanks again!!

• Daventaki said:

RiversoftArt I just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work on this converter!  It has been put in my wishlist and will be getting it just as soon as I can.  I wanted to also let you know that I would LOVE a V4 to G8F converter.  I know you said previously that you would possibly look into it and I figure the more votes for it the better!!  

Thanks again!!

You're welcome!  I hope you love it when you get it.  Thank you for your support.

I will add your vote to the others! laugh

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,337
    Daventaki said:

Thanks again!!

You're welcome!  I hope you love it when you get it.  Thank you for your support.

Please add also my vote for V4 to G8F converter.

It will be crazy, because I have accumulated so many V4 characters over the years.

• Artini said:
    Daventaki said:

Thanks again!!

Please add also my vote for V4 to G8F converter.

It will be crazy, because I have accumulated so many V4 characters over the years.

Got you @Artinismiley

Just got the plugin, made the first conversions... And got the first issues! laugh
    I converted the Caucasian Little One by 3DUniverse. The first attempt went good, the body and the head were perfect but the eyes got completely smashed up.
    So I reduced the Tollerance and redid the conversion, but the whole DAZ Studio got stuck and froze. What I did wrong? I used all the default setings at the firts attempt and only changed the Tollerance.

And, I want to add my plea to the others for the V4 and Genesis plugins. wink

• Imago said:

Just got the plugin, made the first conversions... And got the first issues! laugh
    I converted the Caucasian Little One by 3DUniverse. The first attempt went good, the body and the head were perfect but the eyes got completely smashed up.
    So I reduced the Tollerance and redid the conversion, but the whole DAZ Studio got stuck and froze. What I did wrong? I used all the default setings at the firts attempt and only changed the Tollerance.

It probably didn't crash.  When Daz is deleting morphs (if you have the overwrite morphs option set), it can take a LONG time.  That is why I recommend deleting the morphs using the File Explorer.

I will add your vote! laugh

Imago said:

It probably didn't crash.  When Daz is deleting morphs (if you have the overwrite morphs option set), it can take a LONG time.  That is why I recommend deleting the morphs using the File Explorer.

I will add your vote! laugh

Thanks!

I'll try deleting the files and retry.

• Is there a way to convert just one slider from G3 to G8? There are some individual face sliders that I use that would be great if I can convert them.

• Purchased! This has been so useful. But does anyone know a way to convert a slider morph from G3 to G8? There are some individual face sliders I use frequently on my G3M characters that I would like to convert over.

• Is there a way to convert just one slider from G3 to G8? There are some individual face sliders that I use that would be great if I can convert them.

Yes, use the Convert Custom Scene Character script.  Only dial in the face or individual morph you want to convert.

Yes, use the Convert Custom Scene Character script.  Only dial in the face or individual morph you want to convert.

AWESOME! Thanks.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Thanks again for this. That is a very helpful tip! :)

• I would expect the most popular of the legacy to G8 converters would prove to be from Vicoria 4. :)

• I would expect the most popular of the legacy to G8 converters would prove to be from Vicoria 4. :)

I really don't know.  I am surprised sometimes what generates more interest than something else. surprise

• RKane_1 said:

Thanks again for this. That is a very helpful tip! :)

You're welcome!

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624
    edited October 2019

Found an interesting discovery as I was working on this conversion.  I of course got the eye distortion so I decided to see what would happen if I parented another G8F to the converted one then tweaked the eyes to look right.  Well guess what when you parent them onto the converted G8F it causes the distortion to those also.  (I maybe way behind on all this and you all may already know, sorry if thats the case)  Of course you can unparent and they go back to being normal and I guess if you are doing a still image you could position and be fine.  I know position on the parented one is not exact but when I noted the eye shape i didn't try to get them exact.

In image far left is V4, middle is G8F with parented eyes, right standard G8F for comparison.

Click for larger view.

Eyes.jpg
    1462 x 851 - 187K
    Post edited by Daventaki on
  • Daventaki said:

Found an interesting discovery as I was working on this conversion.  I of course got the eye distortion so I decided to see what would happen if I parented another G8F to the converted one then tweaked the eyes to look right.  Well guess what when you parent them onto the converted G8F it causes the distortion to those also.  (I maybe way behind on all this and you all may already know, sorry if thats the case)  Of course you can unparent and they go back to being normal and I guess if you are doing a still image you could position and be fine.  I know position on the parented one is not exact but when I noted the eye shape i didn't try to get them exact.

In image far left is V4, middle is G8F with parented eyes, right standard G8F for comparison.

Click for larger view.

No, I did not know this.  (BTW, I assume by V4, you mean a G3F).  That is interesting.

• So Im trying to convert skylers friends sleepover to gen8 but 8 of the 10 charactes wont convet I get an error each time.

If I pose the gen3 in any way the script completes but the resulting gen8 has deformed lims.

One of the characters I can't convert is Cami , Brie converted with no problems I have attached log file.

Anyone know why this wont work ?

txt
    txt
    convert.txt
  • cypher969 said:

So Im trying to convert skylers friends sleepover to gen8 but 8 of the 10 charactes wont convet I get an error each time.

If I pose the gen3 in any way the script completes but the resulting gen8 has deformed lims.

One of the characters I can't convert is Cami , Brie converted with no problems I have attached log file.

Anyone know why this wont work ?

Can you update to the latest version?  There is no LogMessage at line 74 so it makes me think this is an old version.