[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female(Now Conv JCMs) [Commercial]

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,519
    edited August 2019
    carrie58 said:

That to me looks like an issueof texture try applying G8's eye textureoops my bad you already did that ....well fudge.....

Yeah, I noticed someone else a couple pages back converted Ophelia 7 and I saw the same thing with the eyes, and come to think of it, it also shows the same wonky pupil shape in the script's .pdf guide...so I'm beginning to think it's a limitation that I either have to accept or just stay with these characters on G3. 

It is a limitation of the conversion.  I wish the conversions were perfect, but aside from pushing the tolerance extremely low and the textures (both of which you have already done), there is not much more to do.  And please return it if this is a deal breaker for you.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,611
    carrie58 said:

That to me looks like an issueof texture try applying G8's eye textureoops my bad you already did that ....well fudge.....

Yeah, I noticed someone else a couple pages back converted Ophelia 7 and I saw the same thing with the eyes, and come to think of it, it also shows the same wonky pupil shape in the script's .pdf guide...so I'm beginning to think it's a limitation that I either have to accept or just stay with these characters on G3. 

It is a limitation of the conversion.  I wish the conversions were perfect, but aside from pushing the tolerance extremely low and the textures (both of which you have already done), there is not much more to do.  And please return it if this is a deal breaker for you.

Thank you for confirming, so I know I'm not doing something wrong!

Here's the funny thing - I did try converting the same character via Sickleyield's manual process (the one on DeviantArt)...and her face came out looking pretty much the same as when I used your script...short of the eyes. The irises stayed round. But the body was all sorts of wonky. I wonder if I can combine the two processes and have your script handle the body and the manual steps handle the head, each separated using X-Tools. It sounds really roundabout and tedious, but it's something to try.

carrie58 said:

Here's the funny thing - I did try converting the same character via Sickleyield's manual process (the one on DeviantArt)...and her face came out looking pretty much the same as when I used your script...short of the eyes. The irises stayed round. But the body was all sorts of wonky. I wonder if I can combine the two processes and have your script handle the body and the manual steps handle the head, each separated using X-Tools. It sounds really roundabout and tedious, but it's something to try.

Hmmm.  That is strange.  SY's process was a lot of what I do.  Did you use her process when she used the "transfer eyeballs sideways" method or after she switched to using the tolerance?

edited August 2019
    carrie58 said:

Hmmm.  That is strange.  SY's process was a lot of what I do.  Did you use her process when she used the "transfer eyeballs sideways" method or after she switched to using the tolerance?

I'm not sure, lol. It was this one - https://www.deviantart.com/sickleyield/journal/Tutorial-Transferring-Character-Morphs-G1G2G3G8-409437916 *edit* Oh, that was before she added the 2019 update part, so it was before using the tolerance function. But the body didn't transfer right, so I used X-Tools to separate and use just the head. 

Post edited by MelissaGT on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,337
    edited August 2019

Hi, RiverSoftArt.

I have another idea for the script related to what you have done with the character converter.

In Unity I can produce a very natural looking head from the photo of the person.

The problem is, that the resulting mesh is not Genesis 8 and that it is only the head and neck mesh with the nice textures.

Do you think that one can make such head mesh projected on Genesis 8 to get the whole character?

I know, that there will be still problem with the materials for Genesis 8 body to match the head materials,

but it will be the first step to have the complete character.

Below is the iray DS render of one of my attempts, made by hiding seem on the neck and the head on Genesis 8 Male.

Post edited by Artini on
    edited August 2019
    carrie58 said:

I'm not sure, lol. It was this one - https://www.deviantart.com/sickleyield/journal/Tutorial-Transferring-Character-Morphs-G1G2G3G8-409437916 *edit* Oh, that was before she added the 2019 update part, so it was before using the tolerance function. But the body didn't transfer right, so I used X-Tools to separate and use just the head. 

Artini said:

Hi, RiverSoftArt.

I have another idea for the script related to what you have done with the character converter.

In Unity I can produce a very natural looking head from the photo of the person.

The problem is, that the resulting mesh is not Genesis 8 and that it is only the head and neck mesh with the nice textures.

Do you think that one can make such head mesh projected on Genesis 8 to get the whole character?

I know, that there will be still problem with the materials for Genesis 8 body to match the head materials,

but it will be the first step to have the complete character.

Below is the iray DS render of one of my attempts, made by hiding seem on the neck and the head on Genesis 8 Male.

Hmmm.  I don't know.  I have not studied something like that.  What I am good at is automating steps in DS.  If you can figure out the manual steps, I usually can automate it.  I don't know if this one would make *economic* sense, i.e., how many users would want such a thing and would use Unity as well. 

Thanks for the honest answer, RiverSoftArt. I have forgotten about that economic sense. Sorry for that.

Artini said:

Thanks for the honest answer, RiverSoftArt. I have forgotten about that economic sense. Sorry for that.

No, not at all.  I am open to trying new things.  And it doesn't have to make a LOT of economic sense. cheeky  I have definitely done products that were more for me and won't necessarily sell well.  It depends on how much work something is.

Ok, I will try to figure it out, if I could do conversion manually - perhaps with shrinkwrap in Blender first.

Artini said:

Ok, I will try to figure it out, if I could do conversion manually - perhaps with shrinkwrap in Blender first.

Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but there is a tool called FaceGen that you can purchase and it will make Daz-Ready head morphs based off photos. It's rather pricey, but it does go on sale quite frequently. I was able to score it for 75% off not to long ago, but I haven't had a chance to use it. I have seen some amazing characters produced from it though. 

Artini said:

Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but there is a tool called FaceGen that you can purchase and it will make Daz-Ready head morphs based off photos. It's rather pricey, but it does go on sale quite frequently. I was able to score it for 75% off not to long ago, but I haven't had a chance to use it. I have seen some amazing characters produced from it though. 

Yes, I have purchased FaceGen Artist Pro here at Daz, but results I got from Unity looks much better to me.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

i used SY and Redz tutorials to transfer all my characters to G8.  I bought this as well as I will buy the other products that are coming but haven’t really tried converting morphs that i already did manually yet, originally i tried doing batch convert but i think it was having issues because it was trying to delete the ones i already converted so it just stalled and gave up  so i started trying the scene converter script but will try more

dkgoose said:

i used SY and Redz tutorials to transfer all my characters to G8.  I bought this as well as I will buy the other products that are coming but haven’t really tried converting morphs that i already did manually yet, originally i tried doing batch convert but i think it was having issues because it was trying to delete the ones i already converted so it just stalled and gave up  so i started trying the scene converter script but will try more

The overwrite option can be much slower.  You have to give it a chance to finish.  The other thing to do is uncheck "Overwrite Morphs".  Then the converter will use your morphs in the characters.

edited August 2019
    carrie58 said:

Ok, I *think* I figured out the old method that SY did.  However, it does not do as well as I hoped.  It makes rounder eyes except for one area, but it does seem to depend on the tolerance.  I might add it as an option.  What do you think?

Tolerance Only (0.06)

Eyes Translation, Tolerance is 0.0005

Eyes Translation, Tolerance is 0.06

Ophelia No Eye Transfer.jpg
    2033 x 1852 - 347K
    Ophelia Eye Transfer Method 0.0005.jpg
    2015 x 1862 - 349K
    Ophelia Eye Transfer Method 0.06.jpg
    2001 x 1855 - 347K
  • Could the default G8F eyes be called up after the conversion process. or is that not an acceptable work around?

Could the default G8F eyes be called up after the conversion process. or is that not an acceptable work around?

You need to convert the eyes as they could be very different like Aiko 7.

edited August 2019
    carrie58 said:

Ok, I *think* I figured out the old method that SY did.  However, it does not do as well as I hoped.  It makes rounder eyes except for one area, but it does seem to depend on the tolerance.  I might add it as an option.  What do you think?

Tolerance Only (0.06)

EDIT: Made mistake.  Uploaded correct image this time smiley

Sickleyield has kindly been trying to help me improve the eye conversion.  She gave some tips that make this:

Not perfectly round, but a nice improvement.  I will add this to the list of changes to be submitted once CC from G3M->G8M comes out.

Ophelia Eye Transfer Method and Tweaks 0.06.jpg
    1796 x 1856 - 331K
    carrie58 said:

Tolerance Only (0.06)

Sickleyield has kindly been trying to help me improve the eye conversion.  She gave some tips that make this:

Not perfectly round, but a nice improvement.  I will add this to the list of changes to be submitted once CC from G3M->G8M comes out.

This is much better! And I so very much appreciate trying to improve the eyes process because I would absolutely love to get my main characters onto G8. If I have time this weekend I will try to reproduce the process I used to get my dial-spun girl onto G8. It was a two-step process because I first used SY's to do the full body, and then I used X-Tools to isolate just the head from that conversion. I'm not sure if X-Tools in any way did something to fix the eyes in the process of saving that morph. 

carrie58 said:

Tolerance Only (0.06)

This is much better! And I so very much appreciate trying to improve the eyes process because I would absolutely love to get my main characters onto G8. If I have time this weekend I will try to reproduce the process I used to get my dial-spun girl onto G8. It was a two-step process because I first used SY's to do the full body, and then I used X-Tools to isolate just the head from that conversion. I'm not sure if X-Tools in any way did something to fix the eyes in the process of saving that morph. 

I am glad you like it!  It makes me happy too smiley  

This new process seems to be an improvement.  I did some more testing.  Check out Aiko 7 (using the https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-character-uvs-for-genesis-8-female for textures).

Aiko 7 New Process.jpg
    1997 x 1855 - 350K
    Aiko 7 New Process Iray.jpg
    1997 x 1855 - 502K
  • LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,118

May I ask you if you're planning to do a product that allows to convert G8F to G8M and viceversa, with some steps in between?
    The gold standard would be to have a starting G8F/M character, and a single slider that allows to go to another G8M/F character.

I would surely buy something like this, no matter the price! :)

I know there was GenX for the Genesis 3 generation, but the amateur tool for G8 is nearly impossible to use, while I see you've realized two similar very easy-to-use products so far.

LenioTG said:

May I ask you if you're planning to do a product that allows to convert G8F to G8M and viceversa, with some steps in between?
    The gold standard would be to have a starting G8F/M character, and a single slider that allows to go to another G8M/F character.

I know there was GenX for the Genesis 3 generation, but the amateur tool for G8 is nearly impossible to use, while I see you've realized two similar very easy-to-use products so far.

Interesting idea with the single slider.  I am considering doing cross gender.  

• LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,118
    LenioTG said:

Thank you for answering and for considering it! :D

If someone will do this, I guess it could be you, given how much great software for Daz you've realized! I use some of them daily :)

LenioTG said:
    LenioTG said:

Thank you for answering and for considering it! :D

If someone will do this, I guess it could be you, given how much great software for Daz you've realized! I use some of them daily :)

I am glad you like what I make.  Thank YOU for your support.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

i read somewhere in this thread that the conversion creates a dial so you can dial the character in or out, i cannot for the life of me figure out where the dial is lol, i’ve searched and i just do not see it anywhere 

• Are you considering doing a Character Converter for G2F to G8F?

edited August 2019
    dkgoose said:

i read somewhere in this thread that the conversion creates a dial so you can dial the character in or out, i cannot for the life of me figure out where the dial is lol, i’ve searched and i just do not see it anywhere 

The slider for the character under Actor/People:

This is what appears with my Daz when I have loaded a G8F.

Character Slider.jpg
    627 x 1335 - 189K

Are you considering doing a Character Converter for G2F to G8F?

Yes, if I can figure it out.

• Are you considering doing a Character Converter for G2F to G8F?

It would be great. I have many characters waiting for conversion, I tried other ways but without good results.

Count on this customer if you will ever do it.

Are you considering doing a Character Converter for G2F to G8F?

It would be great. I have many characters waiting for conversion, I tried other ways but without good results.

Count on this customer if you will ever do it.

Ok.  Thanks.