[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female(Now Conv JCMs) [Commercial]

Comments

• I believe this question has been accessed elsewhere on the forums but perhaps not direclty in relation to the character conversion product.  I have use the product on four characters and am very happy withe resulting conversion.  However when I attempted to go back and load the figure most recently the load stalls and the last series of log messages are of this form:

2019-10-12 09:02:33.485 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5995): Duplicate formula found linking yEnd & pJCM_RS_Victoria7ShinBndBck_120_R in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/dlesnick/LOCAL USER/pJCM_RS_Victoria7ShinBndBck_120_R.dsf.

2019-10-12 09:02:33.489 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5996): owner: Genesis8Female

2019-10-12 09:02:33.489 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5997): output: lHand:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#lHand?end_point/y

2019-10-12 09:02:33.489 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5998): input: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/dlesnick/LOCAL%20USER/pJCM_RS_Victoria7ShinBndBck_120_R.dsf#pJCM_RS_Victoria7ShinBndBck_120_R?value

​Is anyone aware of a fix for the above?

• OK, poking around I found a fix here https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/22220/duplicate-formulas-error-solved-thank-you-bejaymac.   I had to modify  a number of morpsh (i.e. 20 or 30) but it worked and my characters are now loading in a much shoter time period.   This may be related to the "Ignore Error" options on the character converter but I'll have to do some experimentation to verify. 

• snakegrab said:

OK, poking around I found a fix here https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/22220/duplicate-formulas-error-solved-thank-you-bejaymac.   I had to modify  a number of morpsh (i.e. 20 or 30) but it worked and my characters are now loading in a much shoter time period.   This may be related to the "Ignore Error" options on the character converter but I'll have to do some experimentation to verify. 

Very cool.  I will add this to the manual.

• cypher969cypher969 Posts: 26
    edited October 2019
    cypher969 said:

So Im trying to convert skylers friends sleepover to gen8 but 8 of the 10 charactes wont convet I get an error each time.

If I pose the gen3 in any way the script completes but the resulting gen8 has deformed lims.

One of the characters I can't convert is Cami , Brie converted with no problems I have attached log file.

Anyone know why this wont work ?

Can you update to the latest version?  There is no LogMessage at line 74 so it makes me think this is an old version.

Sorry for the slow reply and thanks for your input.

Haven't been able to figure out witch version I have of the script but I found out some other stuff.

First these AliveSheCried cars doesn't seem to have any vendor or product name info cause when I batch convert 10 (witch seem to work) morphs are saved in same foulder and overwritten 9 times so you end up with 10 identical chars.

Anyway I also found out that the products I wanted to use for these chars work on gen3 eventhough they where made for gen 8 so I realy have no need to convert these chars anymore.

I have converted many other gen3 to 8 with success so only these give me trouble, since I rarly use chars of this age it's no big deal I can live with it.

Thanks again for your inout and for the great script smiley

Post edited by cypher969 on
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,519
    edited October 2019
    cypher969 said:
    cypher969 said:

So Im trying to convert skylers friends sleepover to gen8 but 8 of the 10 charactes wont convet I get an error each time.

If I pose the gen3 in any way the script completes but the resulting gen8 has deformed lims.

One of the characters I can't convert is Cami , Brie converted with no problems I have attached log file.

Anyone know why this wont work ?

Can you update to the latest version?  There is no LogMessage at line 74 so it makes me think this is an old version.

Sorry for the slow reply and thanks for your input.

Haven't been able to figure out witch version I have of the script but I found out some other stuff.

First these AliveSheCried cars doesn't seem to have any vendor or product name info cause when I batch convert 10 (witch seem to work) morphs are saved in same foulder and overwritten 9 times so you end up with 10 identical chars.

Anyway I also found out that the products I wanted to use for these chars work on gen3 eventhough they where made for gen 8 so I realy have no need to convert these chars anymore.

I have converted many other gen3 to 8 with success so only these give me trouble, since I rarly use chars of this age it's no big deal I can live with it.

Thanks again for your inout and for the great script smiley

Ok, well you are welcome. smiley

I would still update as I am sure you have an old version.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,611
    edited October 2019

It's Bothersome Me again and I'm trying to convert some female characters over. So far, even with the new process, my results are nothing compared to what I was getting with the male converter. First I tried my custom character (1st attachment) and she came out...quite different. I figured it might be because she's -really- custom. Even so, she's nothing I would consider extreme. Next I tried Georgia for Victoria 7 (2nd attachment) and she was closer but still off by a bit...but the big thing are the eyes again. Even with the new process and checking off "hide eyes" I'm getting the wobbly irises. Granted, Georgia's didn't come out extremely bad. Not as bad as plain, old Ophelia 7 (third attachment). Ophelia converted over with the new process looks almost exactly like the Ophelia I tried converting months back with the original process. So much so that I thought something might have been up with the script and I uninstalled/reinstalled it to no avail. Is there something else I should try? The results posted were with the base script settings (the new method and hidden eyes). 

Original characters on the right, new characters on the left. These were all converted using the in-scene converter...I still can't get the preset converter to save right (I posted the log in the male converter thread for you to have). 

lelu.JPG
    1737 x 1442 - 253K
    georgia.JPG
    1701 x 1165 - 169K
    Ophelia 7.JPG
    1447 x 1018 - 102K
    Post edited by MelissaGT on
  • It's Bothersome Me again and I'm trying to convert some female characters over. So far, even with the new process, my results are nothing compared to what I was getting with the male converter. First I tried my custom character (1st attachment) and she came out...quite different. I figured it might be because she's -really- custom. Even so, she's nothing I would consider extreme. Next I tried Georgia for Victoria 7 (2nd attachment) and she was closer but still off by a bit...but the big thing are the eyes again. Even with the new process and checking off "hide eyes" I'm getting the wobbly irises. Granted, Georgia's didn't come out extremely bad. Not as bad as plain, old Ophelia 7 (third attachment). Ophelia converted over with the new process looks almost exactly like the Ophelia I tried converting months back with the original process. So much so that I thought something might have been up with the script and I uninstalled/reinstalled it to no avail. Is there something else I should try? The results posted were with the base script settings (the new method and hidden eyes). 

Original characters on the right, new characters on the left. These were all converted using the in-scene converter...I still can't get the preset converter to save right (I posted the log in the male converter thread for you to have). 

Make sure you DELETE the morphs before trying again.  It is best to delete from the File Explorer than checking overwrite morphs (much faster).  You may be seeing the same conversion.

After that, unfortunately, if you have tried both processes, I don't know what else I can do.

1. CHECKED Legacy, UNCHECKED Hide Eyes, and low tolerance
    2. UNCHECKED Legacy, CHECKED Hide Eyes

edited October 2019

It's Bothersome Me again and I'm trying to convert some female characters over. So far, even with the new process, my results are nothing compared to what I was getting with the male converter. First I tried my custom character (1st attachment) and she came out...quite different. I figured it might be because she's -really- custom. Even so, she's nothing I would consider extreme. Next I tried Georgia for Victoria 7 (2nd attachment) and she was closer but still off by a bit...but the big thing are the eyes again. Even with the new process and checking off "hide eyes" I'm getting the wobbly irises. Granted, Georgia's didn't come out extremely bad. Not as bad as plain, old Ophelia 7 (third attachment). Ophelia converted over with the new process looks almost exactly like the Ophelia I tried converting months back with the original process. So much so that I thought something might have been up with the script and I uninstalled/reinstalled it to no avail. Is there something else I should try? The results posted were with the base script settings (the new method and hidden eyes). 

Make sure you DELETE the morphs before trying again.  It is best to delete from the File Explorer than checking overwrite morphs (much faster).  You may be seeing the same conversion.

After that, unfortunately, if you have tried both processes, I don't know what else I can do.

Yeah, I already went in there and manually deleted all the morphs. Ophelia's conversion took about all of 30sec so I know it wasn't finding anything to overwrite in there. I'll keep trying. It's a shame...Theron (the male conversion you're helping me with) came out so so so perfect and he's a highly dialspun character...I wish I could get the girls to convert. 

Has anybody else tried to convert Ophelia where I can see the results? 

Post edited by MelissaGT on
  • It's Bothersome Me again and I'm trying to convert some female characters over. So far, even with the new process, my results are nothing compared to what I was getting with the male converter. First I tried my custom character (1st attachment) and she came out...quite different. I figured it might be because she's -really- custom. Even so, she's nothing I would consider extreme. Next I tried Georgia for Victoria 7 (2nd attachment) and she was closer but still off by a bit...but the big thing are the eyes again. Even with the new process and checking off "hide eyes" I'm getting the wobbly irises. Granted, Georgia's didn't come out extremely bad. Not as bad as plain, old Ophelia 7 (third attachment). Ophelia converted over with the new process looks almost exactly like the Ophelia I tried converting months back with the original process. So much so that I thought something might have been up with the script and I uninstalled/reinstalled it to no avail. Is there something else I should try? The results posted were with the base script settings (the new method and hidden eyes). 

Yeah, I already went in there and manually deleted all the morphs. Ophelia's conversion took about all of 30sec so I know it wasn't finding anything to overwrite in there. I'll keep trying. It's a shame...Theron (the male conversion you're helping me with) came out so so so perfect and he's a highly dialspun character...I wish I could get the girls to convert. 

Has anybody else tried to convert Ophelia where I can see the results? 

The best I have seen are ones like yours... everything is great except for the slight indentation in both eyes.

• CrescentCrescent Posts: 326
    edited October 2019

Where do the newly created morphs get saved?  I want to .zip them up so I don't have to re-do the morphs every time I nuke/recreate my Content folders.  I don't see them in the usual spot.

Update - I found the morphs.  In a completely different Content folder than I was doing the conversions in.  I guess it automatically saved the morphs in the top Content folder instead of the folder that the figures and scripts were in.  I guess that could be useful - I can make a new Content folder, put it at the top, and scoop out the new morphs from there.

Post edited by Crescent on

I finally got my main character to transfer over and she came out fantastic! A little fun for Halloween! (She's on the left)

Doppelganger - small.jpg
    3500 x 3500 - 7M
  • Crescent said:

Where do the newly created morphs get saved?  I want to .zip them up so I don't have to re-do the morphs every time I nuke/recreate my Content folders.  I don't see them in the usual spot.

Update - I found the morphs.  In a completely different Content folder than I was doing the conversions in.  I guess it automatically saved the morphs in the top Content folder instead of the folder that the figures and scripts were in.  I guess that could be useful - I can make a new Content folder, put it at the top, and scoop out the new morphs from there.

I am glad you found them.  Yup, it is a completely different directory.  Daz Studio puts non-user facing files (morphs, textures, etc) in a very different place than the user-facing files (characters, materials, etc).  The script sets the location for the user-facing character presets, but everything else gets set to the first content folder/data/...

• I finally got my main character to transfer over and she came out fantastic! A little fun for Halloween! (She's on the left)

That is a great image!  I really like all the details and composition of it (as well as the converted character)! smiley

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited October 2019

ok, I think 99% of my difficulties are me hoping the converter will do stuff it wasn't meant to do, using it wrong, and just confused about the results.  I chatted briefly with Riva over on YT, and I did sort out a dial making other dials spin it wasn't supposed to 'mistake'. before converting another figure using the Scene converter, zero out both G3F and G8F, not just G3F. As for the rest, well, I have 19 pages to catch up on here. I was hoping to convert over these dials from a set I made years ago, so long ago I have forgotten most of the steps I did to make the dials.

Me and RiverSoft are both on the same page with Controler dials vs Shaping dials, so being specific, the body shape controller dials and head shape controller dials are being lumped together into a single dial. So I had to just do each one individually, and will need to hunt down the icons when I feel like clicking through a hundred folder tree levels for each icon each time thanks to win/daz dumping me on 'C' each time. It's a headache I just don't want to go through again like the months of ripping out my hair with ERC Freeze checkboxes to make these dials the first time.

So it's been cleared up, Controler dials are not converted over, so I already started doing just each head and body separately, and zeroing out both figure shapes between each conversion. (Grammarly, ye can stop being crashed and spell check this any time now).

As for the ears, well. both FWSA Sandi and my kitbashed figures do not include the ear in the head shape or full figure (it must be spun in separately). so that needs to be converted separately by itself, and that brings up a more confusing issue, I'm getting 2 dials from that. Hmmm.

P.S. I am having fun playing with this for a brief break from the other things going on that I'm taking a breather from.

Gen7to8ConverterMistakes_02001lbl002crop1.png
    1280 x 880 - 117K
    Gen7to8ConverterMistakes_01001lbl1_crop1.png
    840 x 700 - 75K
    Gen7to8ConverterMistakes_03001lbl1_crop1.png
    512 x 800 - 95K
    Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
  •  

So it's been cleared up, Controler dials are not converted over, so I already started doing just each head and body separately, and zeroing out both figure shapes between each conversion. (Grammarly, ye can stop being crashed and spell check this any time now).

As for the ears, well. both FWSA Sandi and my kitbashed figures do not include the ear in the head shape or full figure (it must be spun in separately). so that needs to be converted separately by itself, and that brings up a more confusing issue, I'm getting 2 dials from that. Hmmm.

P.S. I am having fun playing with this for a brief break from the other things going on that I'm taking a breather from.

I miswrote.  There is one controller dial created using either script.  This controller dial is for the character to dial in ALL the morphs it copied over (or were non-zero during conversion if the morphs have already been copied during a separate conversion).   In your last image, the "Zdg Ear Elf L05b" is the morph.  The "Zdg Ear Elf L05b Genesis 8" is a controller property that is dialing in the "Zdg Ear Elf L05b" morph (and any other morphs).

edited October 2019

ok, so I guess it's safe to go in and delete the controller dial DSF for the ear "Zdg Ear Elf L05b Genesis 8", after converting the ear for figures that don't include them in the DUF/dial for the full figure, ok.

it would almost be cool if I could select the DSF folder and have it convert those. I have an idea for that tho.

• ok, so I guess it's safe to go in and delete the controller dial DSF for the ear "Zdg Ear Elf L05b Genesis 8", after converting the ear for figures that don't include them in the DUF/dial for the full figure, ok.

it would almost be cool if I could select the DSF folder and have it convert those. I have an idea for that tho.

Yes, it would be safe.

edited October 2019

the trick of going to a single tree path and throwing all the dials in that tree to convert has worked for keeping the dials together for the tedious task of getting them back into there respective shape dial paths in the shaping tab, If I can remember how to get them back over to the shaping tab again. I remember it was some obscure thing hidden somewhere not obvious.

a lot of the values do appear to copy over correctly from the subtree name to the icons when used. This is incredibly helpful, and many thanks.

the dial limit values tho, appear to truncate them all to Zero to 100% even for dials that are supposed to be negative to positive for some odd reason. It's not impossible to go in and manually re-enter the correct dial limits for all the dials, it's just incredibly tedious for some of these with many many many dials.

rrr, the original had no sub-Components for that Tube Tummy dial, hmmm. it appears to work, it's just odd.

Gen7to8ConverterMistakes_05002crop1lbl01001.png
    880 x 800 - 94K
    Gen7to8ConverterMistakes_04001crop1.png
    512 x 840 - 48K
  • the trick of going to a single tree path and throwing all the dials in that tree to convert has worked for keeping the dials together for the tedious task of getting them back into there respective shape dial paths in the shaping tab, If I can remember how to get them back over to the shaping tab again. I remember it was some obscure thing hidden somewhere not obvious.

a lot of the values do appear to copy over correctly from the subtree name to the icons when used. This is incredibly helpful, and many thanks.

the dial limit values tho, appear to truncate them all to Zero to 100% even for dials that are supposed to be negative to positive for some odd reason. It's not impossible to go in and manually re-enter the correct dial limits for all the dials, it's just incredibly tedious for some of these with many many many dials.

rrr, the original had no sub-Components for that Tube Tummy dial, hmmm. it appears to work, it's just odd.

I will check the code and see if I can't fix the dial limits error.

• ok, the other day it worked...today it wont even load

i get this in my log

2019-11-01 13:55:52.223 Loading script: H:/3d/PoserFiles/Daz Studio/data/cloud/1_63807/scripts/riversoft art/character converter/character converter g8f to g3f.dse
    2019-11-01 13:55:52.223 Failed to load script: H:/3d/PoserFiles/Daz Studio/data/cloud/1_63807/scripts/riversoft art/character converter/character converter g8f to g3f.dse

• the trick of going to a single tree path and throwing all the dials in that tree to convert has worked for keeping the dials together for the tedious task of getting them back into there respective shape dial paths in the shaping tab, If I can remember how to get them back over to the shaping tab again. I remember it was some obscure thing hidden somewhere not obvious.

I will check the code and see if I can't fix the dial limits error.

I think I know how to fix this.  I will test it and then submit an update next week.

• ok, the other day it worked...today it wont even load

i get this in my log

2019-11-01 13:55:52.223 Loading script: H:/3d/PoserFiles/Daz Studio/data/cloud/1_63807/scripts/riversoft art/character converter/character converter g8f to g3f.dse
    2019-11-01 13:55:52.223 Failed to load script: H:/3d/PoserFiles/Daz Studio/data/cloud/1_63807/scripts/riversoft art/character converter/character converter g8f to g3f.dse

When was the last time you used it?  There was an update on the 23rd.  I would uninstall it, make sure there are no files hanging around, and then reinstall it.

• Crescent said:

I am glad you found them.  Yup, it is a completely different directory.  Daz Studio puts non-user facing files (morphs, textures, etc) in a very different place than the user-facing files (characters, materials, etc).  The script sets the location for the user-facing character presets, but everything else gets set to the first content folder/data/...

I can't find any files. Where exactly am I suppose to look for the hidden morphs?

• Crescent said:

I can't find any files. Where exactly am I suppose to look for the hidden morphs?

Under the Daz Studio Formats in the Content Directory Manager, you will find the list of paths DS knows about (for me it is, D:\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library).  Under that directory, it is data/DAZ 3D/Morphs/Genesis 8/Female/VENDOR/PRODUCT

• Crescent said:

Under the Daz Studio Formats in the Content Directory Manager, you will find the list of paths DS knows about (for me it is, D:\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library).  Under that directory, it is data/DAZ 3D/Morphs/Genesis 8/Female/VENDOR/PRODUCT

Thanks, my structure is a bit different and I haven't found it yet but I have a better idea where to look now.

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,457

I bought this on day of release, but I've only just got around to using it. 

Apologies for being "slow on the uptake", but I have to admit that I'm stuck. How do I save characters that are converted with the "convert scene character" script? Is it even possible?

Plus, I converted Lilith 7 earlier, but legs are warped (pic attached). O_o

l8legs.png
    800 x 600 - 166K
    edited November 2019

they are sort of saved already as indicated in the tutorial vid for this thing, there dials in the parameters tab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hugxqRo2gJA

if you're talking about a "character preset" DUF file and not saving the dial again, sure that was covered in the beginning of the vid, think, or was it over on SY's transfer thing, hmmm.

sorry, my brain is still sort of melted from overwork trying to figure out how I made a controler dial for a dial spun body, my comp has crashed 3 times now from having too many tabs open, and Grammerly has completely stopped working, lol.

- dial in your figure you want to save, then...

10.  Navigate to the People--Genesis 2 Female--Characters folder in your Content Library (corection, gen 8 Female).  Right-click and choose Create Subfolder.  Name it after your character.

11.  In this folder, click the little plus sign at the bottom of the Content Library screen.  Choose Shaping Preset.  Click Accept. (corection, name it, then click accept)

As for saving the dials, well, if you 'must' save it again (I doubt this is what your asking for)...

1, write down the 'name' and where the dial is (actor -> People - ...)

the script appears to dump it's controller dial in just 'people' however all the mesh-shape dials can be just about anywhere, best to use that search box to help find them by typing in letters and clicking through path-names below till it appears in one branch and not a lower one. search will make the tree names that have similar dial-name be brighter than the others to help as well. And write it all down before opening that save dial thing, once it's open you can't go back to find something (without starting over).

Make sure the dials you are saving are set to zero, otherwise genesis will load with it dialed in every time you load a new genesis figure.

'File > Save > Morph asset'

when the window pops up, you'll need to enter the somewhat confusing info up top including what content path (Daz store or personal, your drive letters&path will be dif from my screencaps, and your names) to save it. the triangles below under G8F should be an Actor etc as the path you noted in step 1. if you don't see it, maybe there are some letters before the dial name like 'FHM' or 'FBM' etc.

I'm sorry if I know nothing more, I blindly click what Sickleyield tutorials said click and pray it goes someplace I can find it to back it up and works.

*note1, because the script already saves the dials, ye may likely end up with duplicates if you don't go in and remover the dials on the drive that the script made after 'saving' them elsewhere. it's a bit of a sticky mess. it's easier to leave it be, dial in your character and apply the mats of choice, then just save that as a scene subset, alleviates a lot of hard drive hunting grief.

(PS, don't get excited about the name of the head dials in my screencaps. that was a fail shape conversion at the Gen6 to Gen7 boundary, for 'many' reasons. cheekbones do somersaults, eyes spin like propeller props, pupils shaped like Ultima Thule, the eyes go up behind the eyebrows, the jaw pokes through the chin, some dial replacements don't go negative like Androgynous post gen6, 4k or 8k G8F-UV'ed maps have yet to see the light of day, I don't have a 3D paint app to remake the maps from scratch, etc. sobbing on desk exclaiming "Fred can you pleas pleas..." lol)

Oh, that odd leg shape, maybe a dial being dialed in twice, aka 2x strength. I had seen that fluke before, the fix was to convert it another way fewer dials spun per convert and converting each figure area separately (dial-in only the head, convert that. then clear it all, dial in the body only, then convert that.). *and keep the elf/cat ear dials independent of anything else, or they will break hair with the auto-follow thing.

SaveAnDialOrFew_01001.png
    682 x 761 - 58K
    DialTreepaths_01004crop1lbl1.png
    1200 x 800 - 100K
    SaveAnDialAlready_01001_ScriptDialSavePaths_01001.png
    2560 x 1440 - 1M
    TutorialsForTutorials_01001.png
    660 x 48 - 5K
  • N_R Arts said:

I bought this on day of release, but I've only just got around to using it. 

Apologies for being "slow on the uptake", but I have to admit that I'm stuck. How do I save characters that are converted with the "convert scene character" script? Is it even possible?

Plus, I converted Lilith 7 earlier, but legs are warped (pic attached). O_o

Character presets are not saved with the "Convert Scene Character script".  There will be a dial in your character's name though to dial up all the morphs that make up your character. 

For the warping, check out which morphs are being used.  You might, as @ZarconDeeGrissom mentioned, have converted more than once or something and extra morphs are being engaged.  Check out your My Library (first directory in Content Directory Manager for Daz format files)/Data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Females.  This is where all the converted morphs are going.  You can delete the morphs used for Lilith and then try the script again.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    edited November 2019

Thanks for this cool tool! Just got it, and I'm working my way through my characters until I get RedzStudio's UV set you mentioned in the video. I even blew my $6 coupon on stuff I really didn't need. If I would have just held out a few minutes longer, I could have used it on the UV set! laugh

Question on converting Akimitsu for G3F. Notice the vertical strips on her forehead after converting her character. This is with the default settings, but the same happened when I lowered the tolerance so I just went back to the default settings.

Then I applied one of her G3 makeup styles after conversion, and the vertical bands went away. However, is there anything in your script I could have done to eliminate the banding of the default skin (in case I wanted to use the default skin only)? Also, does it make sense to convert the character first, then apply the makeup after? Or should I apply the skin, make-up, eye colors etc. before converting?

Thanks for your help!

AkimitsuConversionTest.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 428K
    AkimitsuConversionTestAfterMU.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 425K
    Post edited by dawnblade on
    edited November 2019

that actually looks like it's the fingernail map superimposed to the face bump or displacement.

I also have Akimitsu and when I was looking at just the converted mesh shape, I hadn't noticed anything quite like that. it may be a simple map confusion mistake.

depending on if your using the regular brows or Vulcan brows will depend on what bump you want there, "AkimitsuFaceB" in the bump slot for the face, not the fingernail thing. I'm not seeing anything like that with the iray-apply mats, maybe it's a 3DL conversion mistake, or maps just got 'mixed up' somewhere.  I have to force the nail map into the face bump to duplicate that for her on G3F.

And agreed, I am greatly appreciating RiverSoftArt's work.

NailsInBumpMistake_01001lbl1.png
    2564 x 1416 - 916K
    NailsInBumpMistake_fix_01001lbl1.png
    620 x 480 - 102K