ManFriday's Turbo Content [Commercial]

Comments

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,135
    Cybersox said:
    ManFriday said:
    Sevrin said:

So I'm not clear: does it work on all the stuff I have from Rendo or not?   I'm not clear what your caveat about metadata means.  I don't need something that just sorts my Smart Content.  I don't find I have a problem with what's in Smart Content with filtering turned off, but I'd want something like this to get more mileage out of my items in my Content Library since 3rd party vendors sometimes have a weird way of categorizing, oh, and spelling.

No, this will not work with your Rendo products out of the box, unless you manually create metadata for them.

Metadata is everything that's in Daz Studio's Content Database, which is used by Smart Content and also this plugin.

As I wrote earlier, one can create metadata for 3rd party assets that don't have it by right-clicking on a folder in Content Library and selecting "Edit metadata". So you could do that, and both Smart Content and this plugin will then see it. But that requires practice and takes quite a bit of time. As I said, I'm also working on a companion plugin that makes metata creation and editing a lot easier. That should come out soon.

Ugh.  I like the idea of this but not being able to see/organize non-DAZ content is a serious hit against it.  I have over 5000 products from Rendo in my Runtime, plus several thousand more items from the original RuntimeDNA store, Poserworld, Content Paradise, etc., not to mention a lot of custom created content, thereby rendering Smart Content one of the most useless features of DS. If it's completely dependent upon SC, then I'm not sure how much benefit this will be if it only works on half my runtimes...   

The one feature that has me leaning towards buying this anyway is a the "repair" feature, but the description on how it works in the promo is pretty brief.  It would really help if the manual was available to read in advance via a link from the sale or readme pages. 

He's working on a utility that will make it much easier to add the metadata into non-dazstore items.  That's something I've been wanting for a long time, and the ability of this product to better categorize what you see has me strongly tempted to get it.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,945
    edited August 2019
    dragotx said:
    Cybersox said:
    ManFriday said:
    Sevrin said:

So I'm not clear: does it work on all the stuff I have from Rendo or not?   I'm not clear what your caveat about metadata means.  I don't need something that just sorts my Smart Content.  I don't find I have a problem with what's in Smart Content with filtering turned off, but I'd want something like this to get more mileage out of my items in my Content Library since 3rd party vendors sometimes have a weird way of categorizing, oh, and spelling.

No, this will not work with your Rendo products out of the box, unless you manually create metadata for them.

Metadata is everything that's in Daz Studio's Content Database, which is used by Smart Content and also this plugin.

As I wrote earlier, one can create metadata for 3rd party assets that don't have it by right-clicking on a folder in Content Library and selecting "Edit metadata". So you could do that, and both Smart Content and this plugin will then see it. But that requires practice and takes quite a bit of time. As I said, I'm also working on a companion plugin that makes metata creation and editing a lot easier. That should come out soon.

Ugh.  I like the idea of this but not being able to see/organize non-DAZ content is a serious hit against it.  I have over 5000 products from Rendo in my Runtime, plus several thousand more items from the original RuntimeDNA store, Poserworld, Content Paradise, etc., not to mention a lot of custom created content, thereby rendering Smart Content one of the most useless features of DS. If it's completely dependent upon SC, then I'm not sure how much benefit this will be if it only works on half my runtimes...   

The one feature that has me leaning towards buying this anyway is a the "repair" feature, but the description on how it works in the promo is pretty brief.  It would really help if the manual was available to read in advance via a link from the sale or readme pages. 

He's working on a utility that will make it much easier to add the metadata into non-dazstore items.  That's something I've been wanting for a long time, and the ability of this product to better categorize what you see has me strongly tempted to get it.

Which would be nice, if he manages to make it work. Others have tried and failed and even if he does make it work, "easier" doesn't mean easy.  Unless it's automated to the point of being a one or two click process, I really can't see trying to manually create metadata for over 8000 non-DAZ products, plus all of my custom-created characters, poses, props and sets, as being a really productive use of my time. Assuming that it could be reduced to just a minute per item, that's 133 hours, or 5 and a half days working nonstop...     

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • evacynevacyn Posts: 963

@ManFriday - I've been able to open 6 of the dialog boxes, but when I try the "Figures (Female)" it just hangs at 0% and eventually crashes DAZ or the error "Too many results...." appears. Anyway I can get around this? The other dialog boxes seem to work without issue.

• HatBHatB Posts: 77

What would it take to load Victoria 4 and the rest of her crew?

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 560
    barbult said:

Does it work with content installed with Daz Connect?

@Barbult, contrary to what I said earlier, I have received a report that Daz Connect can cause items to be reported as orphaned in Turbo Content. Just wanted to let you know, I'll have to do more testing.

HatB said:

What would it take to load Victoria 4 and the rest of her crew?

Metadata. :-) Same as with assets from 3rd parties such as Rendo, there is often no metadata for very old content. I haven't been using Daz for that long so I'm not sure how much metadata Daz created for old things, but I can see a Victoria 4.2 entry under Figures here.

evacyn said:

@ManFriday - I've been able to open 6 of the dialog boxes, but when I try the "Figures (Female)" it just hangs at 0% and eventually crashes DAZ or the error "Too many results...." appears. Anyway I can get around this? The other dialog boxes seem to work without issue.

I'm sorry that it's not working for you, that's also an error I have never encountered. In Turbo Content, the display limit for no. of assets that brings up the "Too many items" message is is 50,000 items. I don't think you have that many figures so we might have to investigate what is going wrong there.

Could you have a look at Smart Content, active the "Files" tab, disable the "Filter by context" box and select the "Figures" category in the tree? Next to the "Enter text to filter by" box, there should then be a number like "1 - 400" that tells you how the no. of figures in the database.

Thank you!

edited August 2019
    ManFriday said:
    evacyn said:

I'm sorry that it's not working for you, that's also an error I have never encountered. In Turbo Content, the display limit for no. of assets that brings up the "Too many items" message is is 50,000 items. I don't think you have that many figures so we might have to investigate what is going wrong there.

Could you have a look at Smart Content, active the "Files" tab, disable the "Filter by context" box and select the "Figures" category in the tree? Next to the "Enter text to filter by" box, there should then be a number like "1 - 400" that tells you how the no. of figures in the database.

Thank you!

It shows up as 878+.

On a sidenote, I noticed the category it looks in for the specific resources (e.g., Default/Wardrobe). Is it possible to customize those? For those of us with custom categories?

UPDATE: I think the crashing is related to my custom categories under 'Figures' (and there being too many items). 

Post edited by evacyn on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,973
    ManFriday said:
    barbult said:

Does it work with content installed with Daz Connect?

@Barbult, contrary to what I said earlier, I have received a report that Daz Connect can cause items to be reported as orphaned in Turbo Content. Just wanted to let you know, I'll have to do more testing.

Thanks for clarifying. I hope you can get this plugin and the Content Bookmarks to work with Daz Connect.
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
    ManFriday said:

Since creating metadata manually can be somewhat laborious, I'm also working on a companion plugin that makes metata creation and editing a lot easier. That should come out soon.

THAT I would buy in a hot second!  GOODIE!! 

• ManFriday said:

It will work with anything that has metadata in the database, including Daz Connect.

For assets from 3rd parties, it will work if they come with metadata or if you create metadata for them with the standard Daz metadata tools ("Edit metadata" after right-clicking on a folder in the Content Library pane).

Since creating metadata manually can be somewhat laborious, I'm also working on a companion plugin that makes metata creation and editing a lot easier. That should come out soon.

Very excited about the metadata creation plugin!! Would that plugin also have the ability to search and locate items that have no metadata, so we can work from there?

• bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,888

Interesting stuff. Are these separate windows only or can they be docked into the UI as tabs?

Interesting stuff. Are these separate windows only or can they be docked into the UI as tabs?

They are not tabs by design. My thinking was that content selection is a temporary thing and shouldn't eat up screen space after it's done. Each of these windows maintains their state and their contents and will show up again with the same selections when closed and reopened. With the various hotkeys for opening and Esc for closing, I found that to be a timesaver for me.

ManFriday said:

It will work with anything that has metadata in the database, including Daz Connect.

For assets from 3rd parties, it will work if they come with metadata or if you create metadata for them with the standard Daz metadata tools ("Edit metadata" after right-clicking on a folder in the Content Library pane).

Very excited about the metadata creation plugin!! Would that plugin also have the ability to search and locate items that have no metadata, so we can work from there?

That's one of the goals. But it's not there yet. :-)

evacyn said:
    ManFriday said:
    evacyn said:

Thank you!

It shows up as 878+.

On a sidenote, I noticed the category it looks in for the specific resources (e.g., Default/Wardrobe). Is it possible to customize those? For those of us with custom categories?

UPDATE: I think the crashing is related to my custom categories under 'Figures' (and there being too many items). 

That's more figures than I have but nowhere near the limits the plugin should handle. I also have lots of custom categories myself, so generally that shouldn't be a problem.

The plugin does expect certain categories to exist; the category paths for the seven items in the "Content" menu are presently hardcoded. I have not tested what happens if you rename those. :-) The error MIGHT appear if the category the plugin is looking for does not exist and the root category node is selected instead, which will probably try to load the entire database. The following categories are currently hard-coded into the plugin for the seven menu items:

• "Materials": "Default/Materials"
    • "Wardrobe (female)": "Default/Wardrobe" (with a female figures compatibility filter)
    • "Wardrobe (male)": same but for males
    • "Figures (female)": "Default/Figures/People/Female" (could this be your problem?)
    • "Figures (male)": "Default/Figures/People/Male"
    • "Hair": "Default/Hair"

• ImagoImago Posts: 5,065
    ManFriday said:

This sounds like instabuy for me! Please keep us up to date about this! laugh

• BikeRacksBikeRacks Posts: 4
    edited August 2019

I'm receiving the same error that others were getting, different ID
    cannot find local product for database row with UUID {7d1c8336-ca15-4a01-9e45-1d8a49326915}

Post edited by BikeRacks on
    evacyn said:

Pretty much the same here. 

This is what I get when I try to load just the Female Genesis Figure Category: 

“Failed to load assets: too many results!  The database returned 187,242 items, which would bring the system to a halt if displayed at the same time.  Please narrow down your search.”

For the record, according to the store I have 543 Genesis 8 Female characters, 526 Genesis 3 Female characters, 278 G2F characters and 185 Genesis female characters, a total of  1532… though that number is actually a bit low as I have a lot of items by vendors who’re no longer in the store.  And yes, all of those are currently loaded and active in my runtimes.   

To those getting the error message with the UUID, I have submitted an update to DAZ that contains the fix that I have sent to some of you via PM. The fix should be in DIM soon.

ManFriday said:
    evacyn said:
    ManFriday said:
    evacyn said:

Thank you!

It shows up as 878+.

That's more figures than I have but nowhere near the limits the plugin should handle. I also have lots of custom categories myself, so generally that shouldn't be a problem.

The plugin does expect certain categories to exist; the category paths for the seven items in the "Content" menu are presently hardcoded. I have not tested what happens if you rename those. :-) The error MIGHT appear if the category the plugin is looking for does not exist and the root category node is selected instead, which will probably try to load the entire database. The following categories are currently hard-coded into the plugin for the seven menu items:

• "Materials": "Default/Materials"
    • "Wardrobe (female)": "Default/Wardrobe" (with a female figures compatibility filter)
    • "Wardrobe (male)": same but for males
    • "Figures (female)": "Default/Figures/People/Female" (could this be your problem?)

Thanks - I was able to find a workaround by opening the 'Figures (Female)' and then changing the filtering to Male Genesis after that error message appeared and then navigating to the female figure folder. This leads me to a few questions:

1. I noticed that when I re-open the categories, it takes me to the last location as long as I don't restart DAZ. Is there any way to retain that information so it doesn't scan each time I load? Or only when I have new content?
    2. Is there any future possibility that you could allow us to set the location of the categories and the names? That way those of us with custom Categories could name them according to what we have?
    3. Can you add filtering by specific Genesis generations?

I do want to thank you for such a cool product - it's changed my workflow quite a bit and I really like the benefits (especially the filtering). I think depending on your answers to the questions, I might have to consider reworking my Categories. Thank you! :)

• I've installed Turbo Content, but it is not showing the Content option in my menu bar and I do not see a PDF manual anywhere after the install. I have tried re-downloading the installer and re-installing the app. I've also tried running Daz as admin.

• jacinto34 said:

I've installed Turbo Content, but it is not showing the Content option in my menu bar and I do not see a PDF manual anywhere after the install. I have tried re-downloading the installer and re-installing the app. I've also tried running Daz as admin.

Try Window - Workspace - Update and Merge

The PDF should be in C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\docs\Plugins\Turbo Content, depending on your OS.

• BikeRacksBikeRacks Posts: 4
    edited August 2019

Hey ManFriday,

You had mentioned in an earlier post that the plugin works with DAZConnect but I seem to get an orphaned reference on everything installed that way. The products/files show up and work in Smart Content and have metadata, but the metadata particularly the path differs from what Turbo Content is displaying. For example:

- Path (displayed in smart content, that exists and works): Connect_Library/data/cloud/ 1_48025/people/genesis 8 male/characters/Crypto_HD.duf

- Database Entry (Shown in turbo content, which doesn't exist in any of my libraries because it wasn't installed that way): people/genesis 8 male/ characters/crypto_hd.duf 

Not sure if anyone else who install through DAZconnect is experiencing this and how to resolve (outside of reinstalling majority of my content through install manager)  .

Post edited by BikeRacks on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,973
    BikeRacks said:

Hey ManFriday,

You had mentioned in an earlier post that the plugin works with DAZConnect but I seem to get an orphaned reference on everything installed that way. The products/files show up and work in Smart Content and have metadata, but the metadata particularly the path differs from what Turbo Content is displaying. For example:

- Path (displayed in smart content, that exists and works): Connect_Library/data/cloud/ 1_48025/people/genesis 8 male/characters/Crypto_HD.duf

- Database Entry (Shown in turbo content, which doesn't exist in any of my libraries because it wasn't installed that way): people/genesis 8 male/ characters/crypto_hd.duf 

Not sure if anyone else who install through DAZconnect is experiencing this and how to resolve (outside of reinstalling majority of my content through install manager)  .

Turbo Content is not yet working with content that is installed with Daz Connect. After ManFriday posted that it would work, he realized that that answer was wrong. He posted again about the problem, but maybe you missed that second post. I hope he will be able to fix it. Remember that you always have 30 days to return a Daz Store product if it doesn't work for you. I suggest that you wait those 30 days and see if the product gets updated to work with Daz Connect in the meantime. It would be a pain to have to uninstall all your content and reinstall it with DIM. but you could do that, of course. Then you could begin using Turbo Content right away.

• Ah yes, I see that now, indeed I must have skimmed past that post. Thanks for the heads up.

• FastKatt said:
    ManFriday said:

Got that error if i want to start with Figure... (DAZ 4.11, 64bit - and also DAZ 4.12 beta) same error with every Content

Ok, I'm sorry you ran into that. I've tested the plugin with dozens of users, but unfortunately there is great complexity in what the plugin can find in your database and how it reacts to it, so it'll be an iterative process to iron out all the eventualities with all the databases out there :-) If you have the patience, i'll send you a PM with a private build later today and we can try to sort this out. Would that be OK?

I have the same error (different UUID of course).

I got the same Error and than crashes DAZ3D :(

So I've used it extensively in the past few days, and although it's a shift in my typical workflow, I've really enjoyed using it.

In the past, I relied upon my own category structure, which had its own pros/cons (the biggest con was sorting new content into a lot of different folders). With Turbo Content, I've really enjoyed the catalogue-look and scrolling through all of the content I have while quickly filtering stuff out. I ended up modifying my own categories to fit with it - so I moved my custom categories to a new folder instead of under 'Figures' since I think that's what caused it to crash. Overall, it's been an adjustment but I've really like using it. 

A few hopes for feature updates - metadata 'wizard' (for all of my Reno content), customize the location of the currently hard-coded Category windows, add an additional Category window for Environments and Props or just a Misc one so that you can pick what you need, and have the Category windows remember last location when re-opening DAZ (this would be most helpful especially when DAZ crashes).

ManFriday said:
    evacyn said:
    ManFriday said:
    evacyn said:

Thank you!

It shows up as 878+.

Could the issue occur if you're using multiple directories or running DAZ on something other than the default C drive?  Currently I'm running 4 DAZ directories and three Poser directories, all located on the M and F drives and so far I haven't been able to get this to work at all.  It runs and runs for around ten minutes, even when searching on th smaller categories like "hair", then locks up and gives me a variation on the mesage I listed above, ie:“Failed to load assets: too many results!  The database returned XXX items, which would bring the system to a halt if displayed at the same time.  Please narrow down your search.”

• JerifeJerife Posts: 272

Bought but not tested yet. Was never able to use the smart content tab. Hope I can use it too with my old content soon

Cybersox said:
    ManFriday said:
    evacyn said:
    ManFriday said:
    evacyn said:

Thank you!

It shows up as 878+.

Could the issue occur if you're using multiple directories or running DAZ on something other than the default C drive?  Currently I'm running 4 DAZ directories and three Poser directories, all located on the M and F drives and so far I haven't been able to get this to work at all.  It runs and runs for around ten minutes, even when searching on th smaller categories like "hair", then locks up and gives me a variation on the mesage I listed above, ie:“Failed to load assets: too many results!  The database returned XXX items, which would bring the system to a halt if displayed at the same time.  Please narrow down your search.”

From what I've found, if you have added any custom folders or sorted additional content into those hard-coded categories, then it will time out with an error about returning too many items. The hardcoded folders are:

• Materials": "Default/Materials"
    • "Wardrobe (female)": "Default/Wardrobe"
    • "Wardrobe (male)":  ""
    • "Figures (female)": "Default/Figures/People/Female"

So for me, I had multiple custom folders under 'Default/Figures' (where I had organized clothing, poses, etc.), so there were too many items for the search to return. To fix it, I moved those non-character folders outside of the 'Default/Figures' category.