ManFriday's Turbo Content [Commercial]

Comments

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 560

Hm. Lately, I'm frequently getting this error. Anyone else?

When this happens, it means that the content database has changed but Turbo Content has outdated data in its caches. There is a small hamburger menu at the bottom of each Turbo Content dialog with a menu item to reload all caches, which should fix the issue.

win_screenshot_1598626354.jpg
    357 x 64 - 7K
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624
    ManFriday said:

Hm. Lately, I'm frequently getting this error. Anyone else?

When this happens, it means that the content database has changed but Turbo Content has outdated data in its caches. There is a small hamburger menu at the bottom of each Turbo Content dialog with a menu item to reload all caches, which should fix the issue.

Thank you! I was hunting this thread for this very issue.

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,611
    edited October 2020

I manually downloaded the .exe installer and let it run - where does the menu show up in Daz Studio? Consequently, I also tried installation via DIM to no avail. I'm not finding the .pdf or anything and when I run the .exe installer, it seems to be putting the uninstall .exe where I drop the installer (in the downloads folder, etc). 

I'm using the latest version of Daz Studio, on Win 10 64bit. I haven't had problems installing other third party plugins, such as LAMH and LAMH Catalyzer, etc. 

Post edited by MelissaGT on

I manually downloaded the .exe installer and let it run - where does the menu show up in Daz Studio? Consequently, I also tried installation via DIM to no avail. I'm not finding the .pdf or anything and when I run the .exe installer, it seems to be putting the uninstall .exe where I drop the installer (in the downloads folder, etc). 

I'm using the latest version of Daz Studio, on Win 10 64bit. I haven't had problems installing other third party plugins, such as LAMH and LAMH Catalyzer, etc. 

If you press F1 anywhere in Daz Studio, a helper window should come up with a "Plugins" item in the left pane. Clicking on "Turbo Content" -> "Documentation" under there should open the PDF, which should answer the rest of your questions. Otherwise, please find it attached.

pdf
    pdf
    Turbo Content Manual.pdf
    edited October 2020
    ManFriday said:

If you press F1 anywhere in Daz Studio, a helper window should come up with a "Plugins" item in the left pane. Clicking on "Turbo Content" -> "Documentation" under there should open the PDF, which should answer the rest of your questions. Otherwise, please find it attached.

I'm not seeing it after pressing F1, though I do see my other plugins listed (Catalyzer, Mesh Grabber, etc). I'm not seeing anything in regards to Turbo Content...no "Content" menu at all looking like what is featured in your attached .pdf. Nothing when I navigate to "about installed plugins". I've tried installing via DIM multiple times as well as running the .exe manually. Are you sure the installer is compatible with the latest version of Daz? (Please note that I also disabled my Norton auto-protect while running the installer...as well as running it as admin just in case.)

ManFriday said:

I'm not seeing it after pressing F1, though I do see my other plugins listed (Catalyzer, Mesh Grabber, etc). I'm not seeing anything in regards to Turbo Content...no "Content" menu at all looking like what is featured in your attached .pdf. Nothing when I navigate to "about installed plugins". I've tried installing via DIM multiple times as well as running the .exe manually. Are you sure the installer is compatible with the latest version of Daz? (Please note that I also disabled my Norton auto-protect while running the installer...as well as running it as admin just in case.)

That's odd. Do you have multiple versions of Daz Studio installed (stable and Public beta maybe)? Then the plugin DLL needs to be in each installation's plugins directory. Sometimes DIM forgets about one of them.

edited October 2020
    ManFriday said:
    ManFriday said:

That's odd. Do you have multiple versions of Daz Studio installed (stable and Public beta maybe)? Then the plugin DLL needs to be in each installation's plugins directory. Sometimes DIM forgets about one of them.

It's not showing up in either. Where should I look in my directory for the .dll? What is the .dll called so I can do a search for it? I'm assuming it should show up here after installing via DIM...DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins, however no dice. I'm seeing all my other plugins, including Mesh Grabber, but nothing resembling Turbo Content. It's like the installer isn't installing anything at all. 

edited October 2020

The DLL file is called MF_turbocontent.dll and it must be in the plugins directory of your Daz Studio programs directory, like you said. If it's not there then DIM failed to install it.

In the worst case, you can look inside the ZIP that DIM downloaded (called IM00062619_<something>.zip), take the DLL out of there and put it into the plugins directory yourself. My plugins don't require any additional setup, Daz Studio will load the DLL the first time it finds it and create the required menu items.

I don't understand why DIM didn't install it though. I have had DIM report "Install failed" for plugins when the downloaded ZIPs were on a network drive. Other than that I'm out of ideas, you might want to file a ticket with Daz for this because installer issues are out of my hands. Thank you for your patience :-)

Post edited by ManFriday on
    edited October 2020
    ManFriday said:

The DLL file is called MF_turbocontent.dll and it must be in the plugins directory of your Daz Studio programs directory, like you said. If it's not there then DIM failed to install it.

In the worst case, you can look inside the ZIP that DIM downloaded (called IM00062619_<something>.zip), take the DLL out of there and put it into the plugins directory yourself. My plugins don't require any additional setup, Daz Studio will load the DLL the first time it finds it and create the required menu items.

I don't understand why DIM didn't install it though. I have had DIM report "Install failed" for plugins when the downloaded ZIPs were on a network drive. Other than that I'm out of ideas, you might want to file a ticket with Daz for this because installer issues are out of my hands. Thank you for your patience :-)

That worked - thank you so much! I had to manually drag n' drop the DLL from the DIM ZIP. I'll play around with the tool today, but I saw the new "Content" menu at the top right away. DIM has never done anything weird like that to me before. 

As a side note, I'm not sure what the .exe is that I manually downloaded from the purchased products library on the site...I ran that, even directly from the plugins folder, and all it did was install an uninstaller. 

• AbyssalErosAbyssalEros Posts: 289
    edited October 2020

Hello ManFriday, I tried to look for poses for a female character (Genesis 8).
    This happened:

I am sure I do not have that many poses installed.surprise
    None of the filters for Compat worked; they only gave me a different item count.
    Using Wardrobe (females) and then switching to "Poses" in Category works as a workaround.
    Is there any solution to my error?
    Since the last time I used Turbo Content successfully, I have not installed more poses into my library.

Btw, it would be awesome if you could incorporate a filter on Compat for Generations.

Turbo Content.png
    508 x 108 - 10K
    Post edited by AbyssalEros on

Hello ManFriday, I tried to look for poses for a female character (Genesis 8).
    This happened:

I am sure I do not have that many poses installed.surprise
    None of the filters for Compat worked; they only gave me a different item count.
    Using Wardrobe (females) and then switching to "Poses" in Category works as a workaround.
    Is there any solution to my error?
    Since the last time I used Turbo Content successfully, I have not installed more poses into my library.

Btw, it would be awesome if you could incorporate a filter on Compat for Generations.

I agree that this message is an annoyance. It does not mean that you have 50K poses installed, but that Turbo Content got 50K results from the database, which include lots of assets other than poses. I will submit a fix for Turbo Content soon that will hopefully make this less annoying.

• UthgardUthgard Posts: 853
    ManFriday said:

I have never used Daz Connect. but my Daz content is in a custom location.

Custom locations should not be a problem. I have about 10 custom libraries myself. If you can see your content in Smart Content, it should show up in Turbo Content.

The Daz Connect problem affects only files that are available in Daz Connect but not currently installed. Those (and only those) are marked as broken in Turbo Content, which is annoying. I have started working on the fix, which should be out soon.

Any news on the fix for the content installed through Connect? None of it shows their proper thumbnail on my system.

• Uthgard said:
    ManFriday said:

I have never used Daz Connect. but my Daz content is in a custom location.

Custom locations should not be a problem. I have about 10 custom libraries myself. If you can see your content in Smart Content, it should show up in Turbo Content.

The Daz Connect problem affects only files that are available in Daz Connect but not currently installed. Those (and only those) are marked as broken in Turbo Content, which is annoying. I have started working on the fix, which should be out soon.

Any news on the fix for the content installed through Connect? None of it shows their proper thumbnail on my system.

I have fixed the problem on my system but the Turbo Content code is currently in a state of flux and I can't give a timeline when that will become better. So unfortunately I can't push an update to the store right now with the fix, but it's not forgotten!

• UthgardUthgard Posts: 853

Glad to know there's a solution waiting in the wings, even if the ETA is uncertain.

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

Unfortunately, this doesn't work with 8.1 at all. Is there an update in the works?

Leonides02 said:

Unfortunately, this doesn't work with 8.1 at all. Is there an update in the works?

I have heard a rumor that Daz hasn't spoken the last word on 8.1 metadata so I'm holding out with any work specific to that. I am working on a huge update though, so yes, there will be an update eventually.

For now selecting "female figures" instead of "follow scene selection" is a workaround for hair and wardrobe.

• RaketeRakete Posts: 90
    edited March 2021

Is there a chance this product will support content installed through Daz Connect in the near future? It seems it originally did support Daz Connect content and that feature was disabled because of some problems with it?

Post edited by Rakete on
  • Hi, in the documentation You mention that You are working on a solution for removing orphaned references. Is there a solution meanwhile, other then doing one by one manually?

Rakete said:

Is there a chance this product will support content installed through Daz Connect in the near future? It seems it originally did support Daz Connect content and that feature was disabled because of some proApoloblems with it?

Apologies for the very late reply!

Turbo Content never worked with Daz Connect. The only thing that was changed was that when we found about it, we added notices to the store page.

The next version that will hopefully be out soon will fix that though.

Stoffmann said:

Hi, in the documentation You mention that You are working on a solution for removing orphaned references. Is there a solution meanwhile, other then doing one by one manually?

That will become much easier. I can't make any promises when the new version will be out though as my productivity isn't as high as I would like presently. :-)

• I have been using this product for a while now and it is in a word fantastic. i just now developed an issue though. it no longer loads by 'follow scene selection' for genesis 8 males. it still works fine for genesis 8 females. i'm not sure about the other figures. please help me. i want it working as it was as it was wonderful and i use it all the time.

thanks in advance

• evacynevacyn Posts: 963

Just checking to see if there will be a possible update soon for the issue where it won't show any results (do to the message "too many results") as well as any update on 8.1 support. Thanks!

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

evacyn said:

Just checking to see if there will be a possible update soon for the issue where it won't show any results (do to the message "too many results") as well as any update on 8.1 support. Thanks!

Seconded. Unfortunately, as 8.1 becomes more common I'm using this amazing product less than I had been. sad

Leonides02 said:

evacyn said:

Seconded. Unfortunately, as 8.1 becomes more common I'm using this amazing product less than I had been. sad

I hear you. I'm swamped with work unfortunately and wasn't very productive during Covid, but I'll try to get an update out. Sorry!

• AbyssalErosAbyssalEros Posts: 289
    edited October 2021

I posted this under nuts n bolts, asking for help.
    However, IceCrMn pointed out to me that it seems to be connected with Turbo Content. Any idea what that is and how to fix it?

I have a lot (around several scores each time) of Warnings in my DAZ log that I cannot understand and therefore cannot fix.
    Does anyone know what this Warning message means? And how to fix it?
    WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\general\dzguid.cpp(549): Invalid string passed to DzGuid::fromString()

Link

Post edited by AbyssalEros on
  • I'm hitting the issue of no poses found for G8F. Hopefully ManFriday you get a chance to fix this. It was a very useful product!

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 355

I'm increasingly getting the error: "Failed to load assets: Failed to connect to PostgreSQL: timeout expired"

Sadly, this is making this wonderful (essential) product almost useless. 

An update would be very welcome. 

I'm working on an update!

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 355

ManFriday said:

I'm working on an update!

Great. Thanks.

• ManFriday said:

Stoffmann said:

Hi, in the documentation You mention that You are working on a solution for removing orphaned references. Is there a solution meanwhile, other then doing one by one manually?

That will become much easier. I can't make any promises when the new version will be out though as my productivity isn't as high as I would like presently. :-)

Hi,

Any update on this? Or does anyone know if there is another way to get rid of all the orphaned references?

Best regards

Stoffmann