ManFriday's Turbo Content [Commercial]

Comments

• jacinto34 said:

I've installed Turbo Content, but it is not showing the Content option in my menu bar and I do not see a PDF manual anywhere after the install. I have tried re-downloading the installer and re-installing the app. I've also tried running Daz as admin.

Try Window - Workspace - Update and Merge

The PDF should be in C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\docs\Plugins\Turbo Content, depending on your OS.

It seems that even though I am running the installer and there are no errors, it's not actually installing the plugin or PDF. The only thing it does is create an Uninstaller and an Uninstall .dat file. The uninstaller fails when trying to run. I tried re-downloading the installer again. Running it with my antivirus off. Logging into my computer as admin, rather than just right-clicking on the installer and running it as admin. Nothing seems to install it.

• jacinto34 said:
    jacinto34 said:

I've installed Turbo Content, but it is not showing the Content option in my menu bar and I do not see a PDF manual anywhere after the install. I have tried re-downloading the installer and re-installing the app. I've also tried running Daz as admin.

The PDF should be in C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\docs\Plugins\Turbo Content, depending on your OS.

It seems that even though I am running the installer and there are no errors, it's not actually installing the plugin or PDF. The only thing it does is create an Uninstaller and an Uninstall .dat file. The uninstaller fails when trying to run. I tried re-downloading the installer again. Running it with my antivirus off. Logging into my computer as admin, rather than just right-clicking on the installer and running it as admin. Nothing seems to install it.

Try the DIM package.

• jacinto34 said:
    jacinto34 said:

Try the DIM package.

That worked. Can't believe I didn't even think of that. Thank you.

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 560
    evacyn said:
    Cybersox said:
    ManFriday said:
    evacyn said:
    ManFriday said:
    evacyn said:

@ManFriday - I've been able to open 6 of the dialog boxes, but when I try the "Figures (Female)" it just hangs at 0% and eventually crashes DAZ or the error "Too many results...." appears. Anyway I can get around this? The other dialog boxes seem to work without issue.

I'm sorry that it's not working for you, that's also an error I have never encountered. In Turbo Content, the display limit for no. of assets that brings up the "Too many items" message is is 50,000 items. I don't think you have that many figures so we might have to investigate what is going wrong there.

Could you have a look at Smart Content, active the "Files" tab, disable the "Filter by context" box and select the "Figures" category in the tree? Next to the "Enter text to filter by" box, there should then be a number like "1 - 400" that tells you how the no. of figures in the database.

Thank you!

It shows up as 878+.

On a sidenote, I noticed the category it looks in for the specific resources (e.g., Default/Wardrobe). Is it possible to customize those? For those of us with custom categories?

UPDATE: I think the crashing is related to my custom categories under 'Figures' (and there being too many items). 

That's more figures than I have but nowhere near the limits the plugin should handle. I also have lots of custom categories myself, so generally that shouldn't be a problem.

The plugin does expect certain categories to exist; the category paths for the seven items in the "Content" menu are presently hardcoded. I have not tested what happens if you rename those. :-) The error MIGHT appear if the category the plugin is looking for does not exist and the root category node is selected instead, which will probably try to load the entire database. The following categories are currently hard-coded into the plugin for the seven menu items:

Could the issue occur if you're using multiple directories or running DAZ on something other than the default C drive?  Currently I'm running 4 DAZ directories and three Poser directories, all located on the M and F drives and so far I haven't been able to get this to work at all.  It runs and runs for around ten minutes, even when searching on th smaller categories like "hair", then locks up and gives me a variation on the mesage I listed above, ie:“Failed to load assets: too many results!  The database returned XXX items, which would bring the system to a halt if displayed at the same time.  Please narrow down your search.”

From what I've found, if you have added any custom folders or sorted additional content into those hard-coded categories, then it will time out with an error about returning too many items. The hardcoded folders are:

• Materials": "Default/Materials"
    • "Wardrobe (female)": "Default/Wardrobe"
    • "Wardrobe (male)":  ""
    • "Figures (female)": "Default/Figures/People/Female"
    • "Figures (male)": "Default/Figures/People/Male"
    • "Hair": "Default/Hair"

So for me, I had multiple custom folders under 'Default/Figures' (where I had organized clothing, poses, etc.), so there were too many items for the search to return. To fix it, I moved those non-character folders outside of the 'Default/Figures' category.

Thank you for the detailed testing. I have pushed an update to Daz which has a fixed the UUID error, but this one is not going to be fixed as it requires a bit more work. (I just did not anticipate anywould rename or reorder the default categories...) Also I can see that the hard limit of 50K items is not as useful as I thought. I should probably get rid of that error message entirely, I have an idea how that could work.

Thanks again!

elfahret said:
    FastKatt said:
    ManFriday said:

Got that error if i want to start with Figure... (DAZ 4.11, 64bit - and also DAZ 4.12 beta) same error with every Content

Ok, I'm sorry you ran into that. I've tested the plugin with dozens of users, but unfortunately there is great complexity in what the plugin can find in your database and how it reacts to it, so it'll be an iterative process to iron out all the eventualities with all the databases out there :-) If you have the patience, i'll send you a PM with a private build later today and we can try to sort this out. Would that be OK?

I have the same error (different UUID of course).

I got the same Error and than crashes DAZ3D :(

This should be fixed in the update I submitted to Daz yesterday. It will go through their testing and then install automatically if you use DIM.

• Hi,

Will this recognize and display content installed through Content Package Assist?

Thank you!

Bob

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,973

Hi,

Will this recognize and display content installed through Content Package Assist?

Thank you!

Bob

Only if you create metadata for it. 

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,438

I bought it right away but I only use Connect. Are there plans for an update? I don´t want to return it because it looks amazing, but without Connect support I can´t use it. I can workaround specific Bookmarks, but this time is something else.

• barbult said:

Hi,

Thank you!

Bob

Only if you create metadata for it. 

Which the PA is creating a plugin for :)

Hellboy said:

I bought it right away but I only use Connect. Are there plans for an update? I don´t want to return it because it looks amazing, but without Connect support I can´t use it. I can workaround specific Bookmarks, but this time is something else.t 

Yes I am working on an update. I found the APIs to do that, hopefully I can ge that to work soon. 

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,438

Awesome! Thanks! laugh

• ManFriday said:
    Hellboy said:

I bought it right away but I only use Connect. Are there plans for an update? I don´t want to return it because it looks amazing, but without Connect support I can´t use it. I can workaround specific Bookmarks, but this time is something else.t 

Yes I am working on an update. I found the APIs to do that, hopefully I can ge that to work soon. 

Also interested in connect integration. That's a game changer, and needed for me too. 

• AtiAti Posts: 9,129
    ManFriday said:
    evacyn said:
    Cybersox said:
    ManFriday said:
    evacyn said:
    ManFriday said:
    evacyn said:

@ManFriday - I've been able to open 6 of the dialog boxes, but when I try the "Figures (Female)" it just hangs at 0% and eventually crashes DAZ or the error "Too many results...." appears. Anyway I can get around this? The other dialog boxes seem to work without issue.

I'm sorry that it's not working for you, that's also an error I have never encountered. In Turbo Content, the display limit for no. of assets that brings up the "Too many items" message is is 50,000 items. I don't think you have that many figures so we might have to investigate what is going wrong there.

Could you have a look at Smart Content, active the "Files" tab, disable the "Filter by context" box and select the "Figures" category in the tree? Next to the "Enter text to filter by" box, there should then be a number like "1 - 400" that tells you how the no. of figures in the database.

Thank you!

It shows up as 878+.

On a sidenote, I noticed the category it looks in for the specific resources (e.g., Default/Wardrobe). Is it possible to customize those? For those of us with custom categories?

UPDATE: I think the crashing is related to my custom categories under 'Figures' (and there being too many items). 

That's more figures than I have but nowhere near the limits the plugin should handle. I also have lots of custom categories myself, so generally that shouldn't be a problem.

The plugin does expect certain categories to exist; the category paths for the seven items in the "Content" menu are presently hardcoded. I have not tested what happens if you rename those. :-) The error MIGHT appear if the category the plugin is looking for does not exist and the root category node is selected instead, which will probably try to load the entire database. The following categories are currently hard-coded into the plugin for the seven menu items:

Could the issue occur if you're using multiple directories or running DAZ on something other than the default C drive?  Currently I'm running 4 DAZ directories and three Poser directories, all located on the M and F drives and so far I haven't been able to get this to work at all.  It runs and runs for around ten minutes, even when searching on th smaller categories like "hair", then locks up and gives me a variation on the mesage I listed above, ie:“Failed to load assets: too many results!  The database returned XXX items, which would bring the system to a halt if displayed at the same time.  Please narrow down your search.”

From what I've found, if you have added any custom folders or sorted additional content into those hard-coded categories, then it will time out with an error about returning too many items. The hardcoded folders are:

So for me, I had multiple custom folders under 'Default/Figures' (where I had organized clothing, poses, etc.), so there were too many items for the search to return. To fix it, I moved those non-character folders outside of the 'Default/Figures' category.

Also I can see that the hard limit of 50K items is not as useful as I thought. I should probably get rid of that error message entirely, I have an idea how that could work.

I got around to installing and trying this product. I seem to hit the 50k limit every time I want to load poses. When I only had the G3 selected in the scene, trying to load the poses told me I have 56k, so it won't load them. Trying to filter them to only show female poses, I got a different number: this time it wanted to (and thus did not) load 96k poses. Is there a way to get around this somehow? (I don't think I have 96k poses, to be honest. Although if I really do, that explains why I haven't been able to find anything, LOL. :D) Still, my main reason for this product was to be able to load all my poses, which DS by default cannot do.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,337
    edited August 2019

Has finally bought it. Are all glitches fixed for now?

Is it easy to uninstall, just in case it will not work for me?

Post edited by Artini on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,945
    ManFriday said:
    evacyn said:
    Cybersox said:
    ManFriday said:

Thank you for the detailed testing. I have pushed an update to Daz which has a fixed the UUID error, but this one is not going to be fixed as it requires a bit more work. (I just did not anticipate anywould rename or reorder the default categories...) Also I can see that the hard limit of 50K items is not as useful as I thought. I should probably get rid of that error message entirely, I have an idea how that could work.

Thanks again!

This is probably why the program won't work for me at all, and given how much content I have installed, I honestly don't think I could get by with just the default DAZ categories... especially since right now over a third of my content is metadata free.  Oh well, c'est la guerre.   

• Looks OK.

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

Ati said:

I got around to installing and trying this product. I seem to hit the 50k limit every time I want to load poses. When I only had the G3 selected in the scene, trying to load the poses told me I have 56k, so it won't load them. Trying to filter them to only show female poses, I got a different number: this time it wanted to (and thus did not) load 96k poses. Is there a way to get around this somehow? (I don't think I have 96k poses, to be honest. Although if I really do, that explains why I haven't been able to find anything, LOL. :D) Still, my main reason for this product was to be able to load all my poses, which DS by default cannot do.

I'm having this with poses, as well. It goes away if I narrow the search down by "Function." But do I really have 50k???

• AtiAti Posts: 9,129

Ati said:

I'm having this with poses, as well. It goes away if I narrow the search down by "Function." But do I really have 50k???

That's actually a pretty good workaround. Thanks for this tip!

(Over 10,000 standing poses just for G3F? Oh my, I can't decide if this is Heaven or Hell... :D)

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,945

Ati said:

Depends upon your definition of a pose.  Since it's going by smart content, it could very well be that it's seeing things like poses for props + all the individual elements on sets that are broken down into seperate arms, torsos, and other pieces, and, most crucially, all the old poser-format stuff where textures are stored as poses instead of materials, in which case every change of makeup might count as a pose.

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

Hmm... For some reason, loading a figure into a crowded scene using Turbo Content takes minutes longer than using Smart Content. Once it even caused Daz to freeze.

Anyone else see this behavior?

• Hmm... For some reason, loading a figure into a crowded scene using Turbo Content takes minutes longer than using Smart Content. Once it even caused Daz to freeze.

Anyone else see this behavior?

If you mean the actual loading of the figure asset file (after pressing the "Merge" button in the Turbo Content dialog), I don't see how this could be affected by Turbo Content since all it does is call the respective "open file" function of Daz Studio. It should take exactly as long as with Smart Content for the same figure asset. (Loading figures can be extremely slow depending on how many morphs you have installed for the base figure, but that problem is somewhere deep inside Daz Studio, and it shouldn't be different between Turbo Content and Smart Content for the same figure.)

If you mean collecting all the figures when the Turbo Content dialog opens or the selection on the left changes, this may be true for some scenarios since the algorithm that Turbo Content uses is very different from the one I presume Smart Content uses. I have designed it to be faster in the majority of cases though.

• ManFriday said:
    Hellboy said:

Hi @ManFiday. Any update on Connect support? I really want to make use of this plugin, but nearly all of my content is installed via Connect so it really isn't useful at this point.

• Very good sale on this today, but I install all my assets to a second hard drive, have a lot of 3rd party content without metadata, and sort into a very customized category system.  So as much as I like what you've presented, it sounds like it's not going to work for me.

• HeckbarthHeckbarth Posts: 61
    edited November 2019
    FastKatt said:
    ManFriday said:
    Hellboy said:

Hi @ManFiday. Any update on Connect support? I really want to make use of this plugin, but nearly all of my content is installed via Connect so it really isn't useful at this point.

I'm also interested. My (connect) content lies on an external drive and all references are invalid. Even if I try to fix the orphaned link with submitting the correct one, it doesn't update. Anyway, I find the approach really appealing and think of dumping SmartContent for purely DIM installed and TurboContent (if this makes sense at all).

Post edited by Heckbarth on
  • LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,118

Very well done. Now I've purchased all of your plugins: you're giving value to our community, giving us a smoother daily workflow. Thanks for working with Daz.

• Hi everybody! Apologies for the long silence, I've been working on something big in the last couple of months and couldn't look at the forums much.

Connect support is still on the to-do list, I just haven't had the time to get to it yet. I have an interest to get that working myself now because my library is out of control and I need to selectively uninstall things myself. Don't give up on me please :-)

To our American friends, I hope you are having a great holiday weekend!
    ManFriday

• I am not connecting the dots on this one somehow. the script runs fine but my content is not added to the Turbo Content or any of it's menu folders and I don't see a way to point it to my daz content library. What am I missing? or have I had to meny holiday cocktails?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,973

I am not connecting the dots on this one somehow. the script runs fine but my content is not added to the Turbo Content or any of it's menu folders and I don't see a way to point it to my daz content library. What am I missing? or have I had to meny holiday cocktails?

Is your content installed with Daz Connect? If so, that is the problem. If you install with DIM, then there is probably hope of getting the current version working. Hopefully a DIM user comes along to advise you. 

• I have never used Daz Connect. but my Daz content is in a custom location.

• I went ahead and bought Turbo Content while it is on sale today. and there is always the 30 return policy. If I install it and don't like the new content pane in DAZ Studio can I easily restore the old content  library (i.e. by simply using DIM to uninstall Turbo Content) ?

Also is the 50k limit of items  still in existance? I have a very large library and my searches may easily exceed that limit.