ManFriday's Turbo Content [Commercial]

12346»

Comments

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 355

ManFriday said:

I'm working on an update!

This product hasn't worked properly for some months now.  It's so useful that I really miss it in my workflow.

Is there any update on the update?

• evacynevacyn Posts: 963

Any chance the update could include the ability to create your own shortcuts to content? For example, I'd love to have a sub-menu item in the Content menu that opens 'Accessories'.

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

JamieM said:

ManFriday said:

This product hasn't worked properly for some months now.  It's so useful that I really miss it in my workflow.

Is there any update on the update?

+1

Unfortunately, it not "seeing" G8 items for G8.1 makes it much less useful.

• drax88drax88 Posts: 9

Any word or idea if the update will have a way to get rid of mass orphaned references?

Good Wishes,

• Hello,

I think I got the same problem. If i select e.g. Pablo 8.1 in the scene and open Turbo Content, almost nothing is shown.

Also I'm waiting like drax88 for the update that fixes the mass orphaned references. It's now almost a Year since it was anounced in Your manual.

Is there any plan, when the update will be released?

Best regards

Stoffmann

• bjoernb78bjoernb78 Posts: 135

@ManFriday

Hey there,

Great plugin! Unfortunately my Genesis 8.1 figures are not shown.

Is there something I can do about it?

Thank you!

• c567591ac567591a Posts: 41

ManFriday said:

@ManFriday

Any update/ETA ?  I loved this plug-in as well as the Bookmarks one.  Neither work at all any more in Daz 4.20.

Is there anything someone can help you with?

• VicSVicS Posts: 1,261

Help finding create a new content menu

trying to follow the directions when the content  menu tab doesnt automatically install for turbo content

Seen in image there is not "create new content menu" as the instruction tells you need to do,

-I tried clicking on something else there like create new camera, I dont see how I can drag something from the left into it, if there is an extra step to dragging something from the left in to the newly created thing on the right please let me know-(instructions also say "items" from the left, plural when I thought there is only the one turbo content item that needed to be dragged into the newly created content menu, am confused about that if someone can shed some light non that part thanks a lot

2022-06-05_202448.png
    3461 x 2065 - 998K
  • VicSVicS Posts: 1,261

menu has appeared now-there is not too much content in there though like smart content,

I dont know how to add content through smart content or here either I guess this wont work too good for me or is there a simple way?

I would want all of the m4 poses in there for example, how would I do that?

thanks

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 560

Unfortunately you cannot create your own content menus at the moment, the ones that are in the "Content" menu are hard-coded. I have plans to change that, but I have been really busy with other products lately so it's on the list with a lot of other items. I'm sorry I can't fix that short term!

c567591a said:

ManFriday said:

@ManFriday

Any update/ETA ?  I loved this plug-in as well as the Bookmarks one.  Neither work at all any more in Daz 4.20.

Is there anything someone can help you with?

I have just reinstalled all my plugins from the store (the actual store versions, not built from my own code), and they all seem to work as before in Daz Studio 4.20. I tried both the stable Daz Studio version as well as the public beta. There does seem to be an installation problem, but I don't think it's related to Daz Studio 4.20. Have you checked "Help" -> "About installed plugins" in Daz Studio whether "ManFriday's Content Bookmarks" and "ManFriday's Turbo Content" are in the list and have a green plug next to them?

• Man am I glad you're back! Your contributions and feedback have been missed! Love your scripts and use them all the time (especially DForce Companion and Mesh Grabber).

I love the funtionality of Turbo Content. Here's the thing, I only have about half of my content installed (mostly Iray and G8 forward). The other half of my content has never been installed on this machine but are showing up as orphaned references in Tubo Content.

What are the risks of deleting orphaned references from "Turbo Content"? Also, is there a way to delete multiple orphaned objects simultaniously?

JonnyBravo2010 said:

Man am I glad you're back! Your contributions and feedback have been missed! Love your scripts and use them all the time (especially DForce Companion and Mesh Grabber).

Thank you for the kind words. Hopefully there'll be a bunch of updates coming soon.

I love the funtionality of Turbo Content. Here's the thing, I only have about half of my content installed (mostly Iray and G8 forward). The other half of my content has never been installed on this machine but are showing up as orphaned references in Tubo Content.

What are the risks of deleting orphaned references from "Turbo Content"? Also, is there a way to delete multiple orphaned objects simultaniously?

I don't have the store version of Turbo Content installed right now and I can't recall what the exact behavior is. I do remember that it wasn't really designed for maintaining half-installed content libraries so I'd exercise caution here. I'm still hoping that I'll be able to get an update out of the door but I have to address a couple of other things first. Sorry!

• This plugin is still bveing sold. Have there been any updates for G9?

• evacynevacyn Posts: 963

ManFriday said:

Hopefully there'll be a bunch of updates coming soon.

@ManFriday - any chance we'll see those updates?

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624

johnjdesigns108 said:

This plugin is still bveing sold. Have there been any updates for G9?

There have not been any updates for G9 it does work with G9 for the most part when you use Follow Scene Selection Filter by Content.  Every so often it will get glitchy and I have to close out and try again. 

That being said I would LOVE to see a updated full support for G9.

• suffo85suffo85 Posts: 173

Hi, recently purchased this plugin.  I was wondering if it has a logfile somewhere?  DIM doesn't indicate the installation of one, and I don't see one in the plugins folder or Daz folder... after skimming through this thread I didn't see anything about one so figured I'd ask.

I commonly use my numpad for translating items, with a Turbo Content menu open I pressed Enter on my numpad, moving something or doing something with my numpad, and suddenly a small window popped up that said Turbo Content was deleting an asset.  I quickly tried to X out of the little window hoping it would cancel the delete but instead it just crashed Daz Studio 4.22 to the desktop.

Daz's logfile gives me no hints as to what was deleted. :(

• c567591ac567591a Posts: 41

@ManFriday - Any chance of an update to include G9 and any other fixes you might have added?

• AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

@ManFriday - I saw this thread and thought I'd take the opportunity to thank you for your wonderful work. Your plugins are first rate. I use OBJ companion and Meshgrabber all the time and they are wonderful. So well thought out and executed. Congratulations on work well done! Cheers, AOBB

c567591a said:

@ManFriday - Any chance of an update to include G9 and any other fixes you might have added?

I've been working on a major rewrite of most of Turbo Content, but that will most probably be a new product since it has a ton of new features. I might try to do a free upgrade for the old Turbo Content so that it can support Genesis 9 at least, but the problem is I can't easily figure out the sources for the old version since my source code management back in the day wasn't great. I'll try!

suffo85 said:

Hi, recently purchased this plugin.  I was wondering if it has a logfile somewhere?  DIM doesn't indicate the installation of one, and I don't see one in the plugins folder or Daz folder... after skimming through this thread I didn't see anything about one so figured I'd ask.

I commonly use my numpad for translating items, with a Turbo Content menu open I pressed Enter on my numpad, moving something or doing something with my numpad, and suddenly a small window popped up that said Turbo Content was deleting an asset.  I quickly tried to X out of the little window hoping it would cancel the delete but instead it just crashed Daz Studio 4.22 to the desktop.

Daz's logfile gives me no hints as to what was deleted. :(

Sorry for the very late reply. I'm sorry, there is no extra log file. If you give me a scenario with the exact steps you are doing, I can try to reproduce that here.

AOBB said:

@ManFriday - I saw this thread and thought I'd take the opportunity to thank you for your wonderful work. Your plugins are first rate. I use OBJ companion and Meshgrabber all the time and they are wonderful. So well thought out and executed. Congratulations on work well done! Cheers, AOBB

Thank you very much! Updates are coming soon. :-)

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,222

I love this, "Turbo  Content" product! All of my Genesis 9 products show up in it. It seems I can browse around to a lot of content and having multiple windows open is very useful. Especially, because I can also browse my customized content folders.

The only issues I would like to see updated is to have the white numbers added for Gen 9 and 8.1 content (especially clothing and poses). And, I sometimes get an error saying I have too many items in a folder. If I move down to folders within a directory the error goes away. I have 10600 assets listed in the IM.

If that folder number could be increased that would be nice. Other than those two issues, it really works brilliantly! The ease of use is superb! I bought it about a week ago, so I am not sure if I am using and updated version or not but it seems almost everything is working very well!

Thanks for making this product, I love the large images, info panels, and multiple windows so I don't lose my place. A huge time-saver.

The white 8.1 and 9 numbers on assets seem to be the only thing lacking really.