OsoDreamer's FelineFolk

I am so tickled!!! Loving it.

Comments

• this is what CATS should have looked like yes

• XelloszXellosz Posts: 742

CG, good work.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593

A fainting emoji...why is there no fainting emoji?!

Because there is no other way to express myself at this time!!!

Sincerely,

Bill

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

I don't really like manimals as much as most but this is gorgeous bit of art:

https://www.daz3d.com/osodreamers-felinefolk-for-genesis-8-female-addon

• Does anyone know if the artist might release wild cat skins like lion, tiger, ect. I have needed a humanoid feline that is caracal for several years now to illustrate scenes from a friend's novel.

edited February 2020

vrba79 should be thrilled as both genders are available.

Sincerely,

Bill

Post edited by Redfern on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Hrrubans

Also...

Khajiit

Hani (ironically the male version works better for the females of that species)

Kzinti (with muscle morphs, no "fur" on the tail, and some work on the ears)

Caitians

Kathar

...and many, many other sci-fi, fantasy and horror species

...even my personal creation, the Moggians.

Sincerely,

Bill

• Don't forget Tabaxi!! :) 

Actually it's why I started a cat shape in the first place. I was playing a cat in the DnD game and wanted to make some character art.... I started it and Willbear ran with it :) 

I haven't actually had the chance to do to much art the last while though because of renovations starting here, but here's two pics I did... one with the cat folk (body modified to be more androgynous) and the calico texture and fur :) Later when apartment is fixed and no gaping hole in the wall and water coming in and computer is set up again I'll hopefully render a bigger version :)

Those silly little cats always getting into mischief and daring you to call them on it! ;)  (also, FINALLY got to use that goldfish, ha!)

• Am I the only one who remembers the Kilrathi?

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,336

I can see a sudden influx of a whole new demographic suddenly coming to Daz.  frown

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164

One of Will's most impressive works to date . congradulations ona job wel done :)

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

They look great, quick question though does the fur work with other textures like Rawarts Catworld

• jedijudd said:

They look great, quick question though does the fur work with other textures like Rawarts Catworld

you'd have to manually plug in the textures for the skin and fur, and with dhair the hair is often darker than the textures so it helps to lighten the hair.  I don't have catworld so I can't test it but back before Willbear did the textures i used cat girl from Mab and the (other)Will. It works well with that so I'd guess so :) 

• Redfern said:

A fainting emoji...why is there no fainting emoji?!

Because there is no other way to express myself at this time!!!

Sincerely,

Bill

Ditto laugh

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,966

Thanks everyone! It's also my birthday today, so buy up! Heheh.

Wow, working on essentially four products at once was a monumental task, ended up taking almost 3 months (though to be fair one month I did almost nothing because of holidays + burnout). But I'm pleased with how it came out.

As for other textures, what disparatedreamer said; you can just plug in whatever textures you want in the fur, but it tends to be darker. You can either darken the base figure texture so it will match better, or take the textures into an image editor and increase brightness (I think +75% is about right?) and make another copy of textures for fur.

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,868

Also remember that the tail on my cats will have completely different mapping, so the textures wont work well with these

edited May 2021

I can see a sudden influx of a whole new demographic suddenly coming to Daz.  frown

Oh, that demographic (if we're both thinking of the same one) has always been here as I'm one of them and I've been around since maybe 2001.  It's just that Oso and Dreamer have offered a product that caught our attention. wink

Sincerely,

Bill

Post edited by Redfern on
  • Don't forget Tabaxi!! :) 

Actually it's why I started a cat shape in the first place. I was playing a cat in the DnD game and wanted to make some character art.... I started it and Willbear ran with it :) 

I haven't actually had the chance to do to much art the last while though because of renovations starting here, but here's two pics I did... one with the cat folk (body modified to be more androgynous) and the calico texture and fur :) Later when apartment is fixed and no gaping hole in the wall and water coming in and computer is set up again I'll hopefully render a bigger version :)

Those silly little cats always getting into mischief and daring you to call them on it! ;)  (also, FINALLY got to use that goldfish, ha!)

I mostly do DND characters so yes, tabaxi!!! So excited. I've done one before using Rawart's characters as a base, but I love some diversity.
  • Oso3D said:

Wow, working on essentially four products at once was a monumental task, ended up taking almost 3 months (though to be fair one month I did almost nothing because of holidays + burnout). But I'm pleased with how it came out.

As for other textures, what disparatedreamer said; you can just plug in whatever textures you want in the fur, but it tends to be darker. You can either darken the base figure texture so it will match better, or take the textures into an image editor and increase brightness (I think +75% is about right?) and make another copy of textures for fur.

Happy birthday!!!!
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,644
    edited February 2020
    Oso3D said:

What ? No birthday sale ??  ---  Just kidding laugh; your figures are worth every penny.

Happy Birthday, Will

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,971
    Oso3D said:

Happy Birthday!  I bought the lot before knowing, but can return them and buy them again as a present in honour of your birthday cheeky

Well, the rest of my store is on sale, so... ;)

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,396

Happy birthday Will, and well done on the new products :)

• you will have to settle for my best wishes for your Birthday angel

I am not buying any more dforce fur or for that matter any strand fur until that one  day far away I can afford to upgrade my computer 

its not just my card, I need more RAM just to load stuff!

it just ends in tears

at most I can render 30 frame loops with alpha to composite in stuff like I do with LAMH in 3Delight crying

I love your furries and definitely will buy more of them one day even if I Carrara fur them heart

Don't forget Tabaxi!! :) 

...here's two pics I did... one with the cat folk (body modified to be more androgynous) and the calico texture and fur...

Still beautifully feminine in my opinion.  In my admittedly biased view, a large bustline and a sleek ballerina type frame just seems at odds, so I usually depict cat-girls with what I endearingly call "understated elegance".

Sincerely,

Bill

• Oso3d, these are awesome! I will have to wait for my imcome taxes to in, because I spent my available cash on the Leroy 8 Pro pack and extras. I didn't know this was in the pipeline otherwise I might have been able to wait and get the Leroy 8 later. Do you have a regular update forum to prep us for things like this?
  • Patrick TynerPatrick Tyner Posts: 640
    edited February 2020

you will have to settle for my best wishes for your Birthday angel

I am not buying any more dforce fur or for that matter any strand fur until that one  day far away I can afford to upgrade my computer 

its not just my card, I need more RAM just to load stuff!

it just ends in tears

at most I can render 30 frame loops with alpha to composite in stuff like I do with LAMH in 3Delight crying

I love your furries and definitely will buy more of them one day even if I Carrara fur them heart

If the OsoFur is the same stuff in Oso3d's Oso Furries Otter then that is a great option if Dforce fur isn't your thing.
    Post edited by Patrick Tyner on
  • Not necessarily a cat person per se (my family is practically all allergic to them IRL, lmao), but ironically enough I have a cat piratess character (don't ask) for a story of mine, so... this will be most helpful with putting together a visual reference. ;) 

Any chance we may see other animals soon? (like non-ugly lycans, deer/stags, equines, etc) Asking for a friend.

Yeah, I included both Oso Fur and dForce Hair.

I mean, Oso Fur is still a bit harder than a regular figure, but not nearly as tough as dForce hair.

As for update stuff... sometimes I give heads up, but the fact is there are dangers of hitting deadlines, also of other people taking the ideas and beating you to the punch (not that I expect that with most of my stuff, but it's still a potential concern)

As it was I originally expected to have this out in late December but it took soooo long...