OsoDreamer's FelineFolk

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157

I wanted to support you on your special day Will.  Bought the bundle.  Happy Birthday to you! 

HUGS 

• No problem about not being able to give heads up, I just feel bad not being able to get this day 1!  I have several of your character sets and have been very impressed, so I definitely try to support those artists that I like and produce quality products!

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,941

Damn.

I have to say it again.

Damn.

These are beyond freaking amazing.  And the promos are sheer brilliance. 

Happy Birthday Will, you've just moved into the very top tier of DAZ creators.  I just hope you're ready to see your designs used in a lot of "furry" illustrations... blush

(And now I really want to see what you could do with a werewolf...)

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,966

Knowing me, if I do a werewolf, it'd be silly.

Like sleeping on the couch or something.

Also I really ought to do a bear anthro some day...

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157

I'd bet your Wolf - Man would be awesome.  Give it a try and see what happens!  

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,941
    RAMWolff said:

I'd bet your Wolf - Man would be awesome.  Give it a try and see what happens!  

Forget the wolf-man, I want to see a Wolf-Girl that's as lithe and wiry as the FelineFolk...  

Well, for what it's worth, I HAVE been thinking of more anthros. We'll see. ;)

• RawArt said:

Also remember that the tail on my cats will have completely different mapping, so the textures wont work well with these

IF you're using one of Raw's figures that have a cat, just use the fur and rawart tail and match the fur and skin settings to the oso dreamer so they'll match :)

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593

If today's offer is any indication, it won't be a matter of "either...or"; both genders will be offered.

Sincerely,

Bill

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,504
    edited February 2020

you will have to settle for my best wishes for your Birthday angel

I am not buying any more dforce fur or for that matter any strand fur until that one  day far away I can afford to upgrade my computer 

its not just my card, I need more RAM just to load stuff!

it just ends in tears

at most I can render 30 frame loops with alpha to composite in stuff like I do with LAMH in 3Delight crying

I love your furries and definitely will buy more of them one day even if I Carrara fur them heart

If you missed it, osodreamer Felinefolk also has osofurry displacement hair which is really quite good! 
    I can't render right now- render machine sidelined til the walls are fixed- but this is an old preliminary test with just displacement fur

So if your machine can't handle the dhair, it'll run displacement fur :) I was pretty insistant on having both and WIll made it happen ;) The dhair is pretty good tho. I fluff it up a bit or sleek it down for variation but it's a decent density with options to help it on older computers. and lots of textures options. :)

Catkind disp.png
    600 x 600 - 632K
    Post edited by DisparateDreamer on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,904
    Oso3D said:

Also I really ought to do a bear anthro some day...

It's way past time for you to earn your name.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

Great job on these.

• Sorry, I forgot to wish you a Happy Birthday, Sir!
  • this is what CATS should have looked like yes

Yes! Thank you!!

this is what CATS should have looked like yes

But then we would have missed out on....on....hmmm....something, maybe?

• the Osofur option is great, I still cannot afford them yet though crying

I passed up much lately I really wanted

Heh, it's all good, Wendy; hope you get a chance later!

My stuff is on sale _reasonably_ often, so hopefully you'll be able to hit another sale down the road.

• Happy birthday Oso :)

It is an extraordinary product! Thanks Oso and DisparateDreamer!

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,971

What am I doing wrong, nothing I seem to do makes the fur anything otehr than grey ..!

Load: Fifures> People> Female> Fantasy SciFi> OsoDreamer FelineFolk.duf

With G8F selected, load: Materials> Iray> Feminie> OsoDreamer's FelineFok for G8F> Skin> Ginger Tabby   (skin takes on the textures, no effect on fur)

All other materials are for the OsoFur, not the strand-based hair of the fur.

edited February 2020

You want materials, not skin. Skin presets only change the figure's skin.

Look for the HMats; the total presets are Hierarchical Material presets, the skin presets are Material presets.

Post edited by Oso3D on
    Oso3D said:

You want materials, not skin. Skin presets only change the figure's skin.

Look for the HMats; the total presets are Hierarchical Material presets, the skin presets are Material presets.

They are all H.MATs (apart from the 2 eye colour materialss), and none of them affect the fur colour

Materials> Iray> Feminie> OsoDreamer's FelineFok for G8F> THESE MATERIALS

If you go into the Skins subfolder, it will ONLY affect the figure skin and not the fur.

That said, there seems to be a specific issue with Ginger Tabby. Hmm

Oso3D said:

Materials> Iray> Feminie> OsoDreamer's FelineFok for G8F> THESE MATERIALS

If you go into the Skins subfolder, it will ONLY affect the figure skin and not the fur.

That said, there seems to be a specific issue with Ginger Tabby. Hmm

Gah, typical I'd pick teh one 'broken one' to try out ..!  I've had a look at a few of th eothers now and they seem to do better! :)

That's remarkable, hahahaha.

I'll get that fixed. ;)

Oso3D said:

That's remarkable, hahahaha.

I'll get that fixed. ;)

Ta, and .. happy birthday, again cheeky

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,457

I'm a sucker for cats, so I'm LOVING this! 

Happy Birthday!

• EJWorksEJWorks Posts: 483

Happy birthday Oso! The products look great, so thank you and congratulations to you and DisparateDreamer!

Do these figures play well with other morphs? Such as Edie and Ollie, or Yuzuru and Kanade?

• EJWorks said:

Happy birthday Oso! The products look great, so thank you and congratulations to you and DisparateDreamer!

Do these figures play well with other morphs? Such as Edie and Ollie, or Yuzuru and Kanade?

Depends on how much you mix in and what it affects. Edie's morph for example has longer ears and nose, and may distort face a bit, but body is no problem. And one of willbear's promos shows felinefolk mixed with 3du toon, it's darling. I think my pic with the fishbowl has a bit of anime as well ;)

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,504
    edited February 2020

Feline folk female with (black cat) Edie added 78 ish percent. If you dial in her ears they will distort too much, but her face and body work fine. I gave her a bit of a back ache, i think. Poor old cat! (shown with base skin/no fur for shape comparison)

And FelineFolk plus 78 ish of Kanade and Kanade's eye texture and feline white texture. Disclaimer: On the body texture (NOT the fur) there are nipple/gens... i edited them out of the base texture since she's not wearing her furs and would be a bit cat-nekkid ;)  

PS sorry for grainy renders. i'm on limited computer power until repairs on my apartment are done. 

edie cat.png
    579 x 701 - 659K
    kanadecat.png
    505 x 730 - 491K
    Post edited by DisparateDreamer on