Auto Muscle Enhancer HD [Commercial]

Comments

• leemoon_c43b45a114leemoon_c43b45a114 Posts: 850
    edited December 2020

Thank you for the great feedback, Terry!  Exactly what I was hoping for. :)

I'm still not convinced this version is going to see much more effort put into it.  For the very reason you mentioned.  I love the Brute and Maxx characters, but they do tend to dominate the figure quickly.  I tend to use the base figure's head and then start toning it down and adding other head shapes later in the process.  With Maxx and Brute, I need to be mindfull of the neck and traps when tinkering with the head later, though I have some adjustment morphs for those.

And while I like the Maxx eyebrows, they are quite distinctive and I'll eventually(?) use the Super Natural Eyebrows set.  The Super Natural Eyebrows have great and plentiful morphs for adjustments and look.  So glad I picked up that EXCELLENT product.

You are correct about the arm hair.  The torso, leg, and arm hairs each have different settings on them.  I was trying to see what effect they had on the various zones.  They all share the same texture settings.  I almost prefer the length and sparseness of the arm hair and might do a render with those settings applied to the other hair zones.  I still am not great at using DAZ Studio's materials/shaders (there are a lot of Poser habits still with me) and hope to get the hair shaders tuned to my liking as well.

Thank you so very much for the excellent insights and suggestions, Terry.  I'll post more renders when I have something worthy to show! :)

Lee

Post edited by leemoon_c43b45a114 on
  • inquire said:

@terry_ququette:  You wrote  "once you have the map made and stored on a figure you can copy it onto any of your other G8M figures, and then add and subtract if necessary." Maybe you'd be able to make one or more of these and sell it (or them). Really, it all looks terrific.

Quite the complement Inquire. I don't think I'm ready to be a product developer, but I love working thru technical difficulties and finding work arounds. Making these maps is pretty straight forward once you have done it a few times. Just working out the size of the tools, and what the color coding does for you took awhile. So when I want to add it to a figure I am working on, I add the dforce dynamic surface and then the weight node. Load my preset saved figure, tag the weight node, then in the tools box click the weight node map, copy it, do the same in the target figure (it will be bright red!) then paste. Delete the donor figure and move on. Turns out you can use the Map Brush tool with Dformers also, I delete the dformer map, and just create the map on the dformer adjustment tool. Saw someone do that on a video, works great when you want to target a specific area. This can work well on trouble spots like the Traps that everyone has trouble with. If there is interest I could put a short tutorial on how to do that also.

Leemoon, sometimes the characters just don't go where we envisioned, always something gleaned though!

Thx, TD

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Sigurd said:

Ok, I am still playing with the filament skins. I am currently rendering ever permutation of the skins, unthinkable without the filament insta-render, and have found one that is the closest for what I am looking for (so far). Keep in mind this character is from a wintery high-grav planet. Let me know what you think. I appreciate your comments and or critiques.

I think without subsurface scattering that's about as good as you can get. Maybe reduce glossiness by 50% to help hide lack of subsurface scattering.

edited December 2020

Well, I started again on my stocky guy character.  Went back to a very early version of him and built up from there.  Still using the Brute HD as the base, but dialed down the Brute morphs, put in a little Maxx, and a lot of Andre's head.

He doesn't quite have the same physique as my earlier attempts.  There's a bit more bodybuilder than stocky in him.  I like the look and will continue to dial in/out morphs until everything looks good to me.  Or I'll start all over again. LOL!

Stocky dude/Wrestler 3.0...

Lee

BruteHDSwoleToonWrestler-10.jpg
    1855 x 2400 - 1M
  • Leemoon, I like where you are headed now. Definitely a deep chest there! 

Attached below is a demo of my Soft Body Effects on the G8M frame with 65% AME and lots of my other usual tweaks. Simulation run and rendered without touching any settings afterward. Only thing I turned off in the simulation was the hair products. The before was just a quick Filament render to show the clothing interference issues I usually manually deal with after the Simulation is complete. TD

SBF before.jpg
    773 x 1000 - 390K
    SBF after.jpg
    773 x 1000 - 327K
  • terry_duquette said:

Leemoon, I like where you are headed now. Definitely a deep chest there! 

Attached below is a demo of my Soft Body Effects on the G8M frame with 65% AME and lots of my other usual tweaks. Simulation run and rendered without touching any settings afterward. Only thing I turned off in the simulation was the hair products. The before was just a quick Filament render to show the clothing interference issues I usually manually deal with after the Simulation is complete. TD

Wait...how are you using AME on Genesis 8 Female(s)?

• OrionPax09 said:

Wait...how are you using AME on Genesis 8 Female(s)?

I'm not, using a transgender morph on the G8M, layered with characters transferred from G8F, see page 24 of this thread. I have copied the AME body onto the G8F platform, but without all the Joint Control Morphs and the textures, the effect is just not the same. TD 

edited December 2020

Yet another start over on my stocky guy. LOL

This time using Sebastian as the base and beefing him up with AME, a little Maxx, Swole, and a variety of shaping/muscularity morphs (the usual suspects).

I need to swap out Sebastian's eyebrows fot the Super Natural set, refine the skin texture settings, and probably fine tune the physique and maybe the face.

I do like the head on this version, even if it's not as rugged as some of my other efforts with a stocky guy.

He's got AME dialed in at about 35% and I think I left the Brute and Maxx HD Details morphs loaded at 100%.

Lee

Render is cropped slightly for modesty.

Stocky Guy version umpteen million and twelve. :)

SebastianMaxxSwoleToon-UpperBodyPortrait-2A.jpg
    1855 x 2145 - 2M
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,085

This is totally cool! Great work, lots of character.

• terry_duquetteterry_duquette Posts: 256
    edited December 2020

Yay another start over, seems to be an ongoing theme around here!  He looks cool, love the face structure, very striking.

Well here is mine, using the Transgender shapes for G8 (DisparateDreamer), I shaped an initial baseline female shape. Will try using this as a starting point for another round of characters and entertainment. This is 50% AME, tuned ASE, and a texture from a male character, did some modifications to the sizing of various parts of the anatomy (waist, lower abdomen, lower chest, chest, shoulders and arms) and locked that sizing down. Haven't tuned any face structure yet, but looking forward to "tweaking". TD

Base Gen 1.jpg
    773 x 1000 - 212K
    Post edited by terry_duquette on
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,130

Unbeliebable, Lee! And, YES, the head and face on this one -- WoW.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,130

Really fine job, Terry.

• Thank you, Sigurd, Terry, and Inquire!

I'm still fine tuning this newest version of stocky guy.  This one feels like it might be a keeper.  I know, it's about time. LOL!!

Terry, you continue to amaze us with your figures.  

I'm putting stocky guy through a series of poses and rendering them to see what breaks.  Things are going well so far. :)  Will post a render or two in the next day or so.

As always, thank you for the great encouragement!

Lee

• RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,041
    edited December 2020

Well, after a lot of rumination, I finally bit the bullet and picked up ASE and AME for G8M. My incentive was provided mainly by terry_duquette's work, and a G8M-based transgender character that I procured from another store, which I was thinking would be an ideal platform for some G8M ASE/AME experimentation. Victorio - I call her Tori - was born male, but has undergone gender reassignment therapy and surgery. Beneath the bikini, she is anatomically correct in virtually every respect. An athlete all her life, Tori now feels liberated in her rightful identity, and works as a print sports/fitness model, often competing in local and regional contests. This image is a preliminary iteration. I hope to share more of her as I have time. I'm quite happy with her thus far, though I'm still wanting to enhance the split bicep. Flexion is overdriven in this instance and seems to be the primary split bicep factor, along with muscle definition. Thanks to terry's kind guidance on this topic, and to the developer of these incredible products. I'm still looking for some suitable/practical heels for her as footwear compatibility is an issue.

Victorio - Test 1.jpg
    927 x 1500 - 518K
    Victorio - Test 2.jpg
    927 x 1500 - 584K
    Post edited by RenderPretender on
  • Welcome to the AME party! Your preliminary work is looking good. Really easy to overdrive this product, you can scale back the individual ASE sliders for different effects. As for heeled footwear, all the Arryn products work without issue. Glad to have been of help, have fun! TD

edited December 2020

terry_duquette said:

Welcome to the AME party! Your preliminary work is looking good. Really easy to overdrive this product, you can scale back the individual ASE sliders for different effects. As for heeled footwear, all the Arryn products work without issue. Glad to have been of help, have fun! TD

Thanks, terry, and good to know, though I think I only see one pair of G8F heels from that vendor. Vast majority are for G3F. I tried Helen Heels from that vendor, but they don't work as the toe pose seems to be ignored or ineffective, and the shoe pose moves her legs. It'd be great if they worked, though.

Meanwhile, here are two more shots of Tori from the first session.

Victorio - Test 3.jpg
    927 x 1500 - 606K
    Victorio - Test 4.jpg
    927 x 1500 - 608K
  • Merry Christmas to all the AME fans! Thanks to D.Master TD

AME Christmas Girl.jpg
    835 x 1080 - 88K
  • terry_duquette said:

Merry Christmas to all the AME fans! Thanks to D.Master TD

Same to you and looks great, terry. Where did you get her shoes? See my post above. Is she G8F ported over to G8M? Maybe that's partly why the Arryn shoes aren't working for me as Tori is pure G8M.

• Thanks,

That is the G8M platform. Those are the shoes from the Arryn Isabel outfit package, I have found all the outfit shoes work on the G8M without much drama, a smoothing modifier and small push is usually all that's required. TD

edited December 2020

terry_duquette said:

Thanks,

That is the G8M platform. Those are the shoes from the Arryn Isabel outfit package, I have found all the outfit shoes work on the G8M without much drama, a smoothing modifier and small push is usually all that's required. TD

The issue seems to be that the toes don't conform to the shoes (or vice versa, to be more accurate), but are straight and protrude through the sole of the shoes. Bending the toes bends the shoes too. I'll try it on a default G8M. It may be because Tori is a custom morph... maybe...

EDIT: Nope, can't even get the Helen Heels to work with a default G8M. But they're from Arryn at Rendo. Not sure if that's the same content creator.

leemoon has inspired me to go back and play with the Brute a little more. This is Scott Mainz's older brother John. I basically removed the previous body used for Scott and replaced it with John for The Brute. I chose John as he was built on the Brute but had his feet and hands scaled down to a more believable scale. Please let me know what you think.

P.S. this is using Filament as I has serious trouble getting Iray to render after using Filament. Has anyone else had this problem?

John Mainz 12.0 A 07 G8M M 000 Degrees.png
    3074 x 4098 - 5M
  • Sigurd,

I definitely like the smaller hands and feet on this character. Looking back at some of the early postings in this forum about hands and feet sizes I built my own morph fix that resides in the AME folder. It basically scales down the hands and feet using the Hand and Feet Real World Propagating scale sliders, a small foot twist, shrug the shoulders up slightly, and then adjust arm length. You can ERC freeze and save a new property, or save it out as morph asset. Either way works equally well and saves work when starting from scratch. Mine exactly matches whatever % AME I dial in, I just dial in the fix at the same %. Depending on the character you can slide the fix in as much or little as desired.

Regarding the Filament, I too have had trouble swapping between Filament and Iray. The work around that seems to work is to go to Texture shaded in between. Don't think we are the only ones experiencing this difficulty. Seems to have something to do with Filament using the processor instead of the NVIDIA card. That is down a technical area I have no knowledge about!

I have been working and experimenting with emulating the AME on the G8F platform using 3 different vendors products! It involves  a LOT of my tricks behind the curtain, but seems to be at a point where I am happy working on the G8F platform again. Might post something or some comparisons if folks are interested. TD

• terry_duquette said:

I have been working and experimenting with emulating the AME on the G8F platform using 3 different vendors products! It involves  a LOT of my tricks behind the curtain, but seems to be at a point where I am happy working on the G8F platform again. Might post something or some comparisons if folks are interested. TD

I'd be happy to see some of your G8F-based work, TD. I'm sure I lack your skill set to be able to use that platform but I'm happy to have discovered some quality G8M-based characters I can use as a basis for experimentation or character development. Here's a test shot of Tori cracking out a few sets of light curls in her loft apartment.

Victorio - Test 5.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 1M
    edited December 2020

Here is an Iray version. I am still working on the lighting and some of the fine details.

2 John Mainz 12.0 A 07 G8M M 000 Degrees Hirsute Iray Without HD Veins.png
    3074 x 4098 - 7M
    Post edited by Sigurd on
    edited December 2020

D.Master's wonderful products are really being put to good effect by the posters to this thread. Thanks, all, for sharing your work.

In my continuing test shots, Tori eyes the camera at the top of an upper back and triceps rep.

Victorio - Test 6.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 2M

Nice workd RenderPretender! Those Triceps are awesome!

Last one. With and without Normals. I like the extra definition in the intercostals and Abs but not crazy about the extra lines in the face. I think I will go with no Normals for awhile and see how it works out.

2 John Mainz 12.0 A 07 G8M M 000 Degrees Hirsute Iray Without HD Veins.png
    3074 x 4098 - 7M
    2 John Mainz 13.0 A 07 G8M M 000 Degrees Hirsute Iray No Normals.png
    3074 x 4098 - 7M
  • Sigurd said:

Nice workd RenderPretender! Those Triceps are awesome!

Thank you much. I appreciate that. I think I have her pretty much dialed in. Might have to start working on a friend for her.

I feel you on the normal maps, though they do enhance a great deal. Your character's looking great!

• RenderPretender, glad your having fun!

Sigurd I concur with your decision. Any distance and his body hair diminish the extra effect at the abs in my opinion.

Well here is something away from my usual! Had this project on the back burner after getting the costume with a G8F product. This was my first attempt at his very toonish physique, had to Dmorph the top of his head, his chest and arms are a combination of scaling up the individual bones, then fine tuning with other products lengths and sizing. This is 65% AME, finely tuned ASE, and a HOST of other products. Getting the costume and mask to fit took an equal amount of time. The boots that came with it just would not work, so I built these out of Leg Warmers (also D-formed for length) and some smooth shoes, all textured the same. TD

Mr. Incredible 1.jpg
    927 x 1200 - 101K
    Mr. Incredible 2.jpg
    927 x 1200 - 138K
  • terry_duquette said:

RenderPretender, glad your having fun!

Sigurd I concur with your decision. Any distance and his body hair diminish the extra effect at the abs in my opinion.

Well here is something away from my usual! Had this project on the back burner after getting the costume with a G8F product. This was my first attempt at his very toonish physique, had to Dmorph the top of his head, his chest and arms are a combination of scaling up the individual bones, then fine tuning with other products lengths and sizing. This is 65% AME, finely tuned ASE, and a HOST of other products. Getting the costume and mask to fit took an equal amount of time. The boots that came with it just would not work, so I built these out of Leg Warmers (also D-formed for length) and some smooth shoes, all textured the same. TD

Pretty cool indeed, TD. And that project shows a lot of resourcefulness for sure! Gotta love it when you get that square peg to fit into that round hole! Neat.