Auto Muscle Enhancer HD [Commercial]

Comments

• terry_duquetteterry_duquette Posts: 256
    edited January 2021

Sigurd said:

Thanks TD, I am working on it. I appreciate your honesty. It is nice to have another set of eyes. I had not realized the simian features until you pointed them out. I had an image of Hank McCoy stuck in my head and I think I took it too far. A little too Quest for Fire.

Does this one look like I am on the right track?

Wow, Quest for fire, I actually saw that in the theater! Anyway, I still like the head best on your original post, but this one is definitely better for my tastes.  Been playing with some video game characters, textures aren't great, but lend themselves to Filament, so finally posting a Filament render I can live with. This is Becoming Human Chloe, with a 70% AME upgrade feature (G8M in blue, G8F baseline in pink).TD

Chloe AME upgrade.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 663K
    Post edited by terry_duquette on
  • terry_duquette said:

Sigurd said:

Thanks TD, I am working on it. I appreciate your honesty. It is nice to have another set of eyes. I had not realized the simian features until you pointed them out. I had an image of Hank McCoy stuck in my head and I think I took it too far. A little too Quest for Fire.

Does this one look like I am on the right track?

Wow, Quest for fire, I actually saw that in the theater! Anyway, I still like the head best on your original post, but this one is definitely better for my tastes.  Been playing with some video game characters, textures aren't great, but lend themselves to Filament, so finally posting a Filament render I can live with. This is Becoming Human Chloe, with a 70% AME upgrade feature (G8M in blue, G8F baseline in pink).TD

Very nice adaptation and likeness! Are you using something like FaceGen for the facial likeness?

•  

Very nice adaptation and likeness! Are you using something like FaceGen for the facial likeness?

Thanks, but this is a G8F adapted figure by Shinteo over at DA (there is a link from the freebie page here at DAZ).  There are folks out there that take the models and likenesses from video games to generate clothes and adapt textures onto the DAZ models. Looks super complicated to me! He actually posts Youtube videos of the conversion process. Adding and fixing bones etc. I think its really cool, and love playing with his creations. Quite easy to put a better skin texture on from other models to make them "pop" a little more on Iray, but they seem to look fine in Filament mode. Tuning lights in Filament just got a bit easier with some new product out. Now makes me want to look at comprehensive scenes that I avoided due to long render times.  Fun trying out new stuff that generates ideas to try and create. TD 

• RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,041
    edited January 2021

terry_duquette said:

Thanks, but this is a G8F adapted figure by Shinteo over at DA (there is a link from the freebie page here at DAZ).  There are folks out there that take the models and likenesses from video games to generate clothes and adapt textures onto the DAZ models. Looks super complicated to me! He actually posts Youtube videos of the conversion process. Adding and fixing bones etc. I think its really cool, and love playing with his creations. Quite easy to put a better skin texture on from other models to make them "pop" a little more on Iray, but they seem to look fine in Filament mode. Tuning lights in Filament just got a bit easier with some new product out. Now makes me want to look at comprehensive scenes that I avoided due to long render times.  Fun trying out new stuff that generates ideas to try and create. TD 

As it happens, I stumbled upon that right after I asked you about it. Might be fun to assemble a list of female game characters who merit a "gym membership" courtesy of ASE/AME. :)

Post edited by RenderPretender on
  • leemoon_c43b45a114leemoon_c43b45a114 Posts: 850
    edited January 2021

More fun with AME and ASE.  Here's FW Armstrong HD and the Dwarf HD blended together with some of my usual dial spins.  Added a bunch of aging and scar morphs to the mix this time.

Lee

ArmstrongDwarfMaxxSwole-FrontBack-1.jpg
    3710 x 2400 - 3M
    Post edited by leemoon_c43b45a114 on
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,130

Looks fantastic, Lee. You're a genius.

• Thank you, inquire!!  I just like having fun tinkering with these characters and creating a worthy render from time to time. :)

Lee

• I was wondering when a dwarf would get the fitness regime :) Nice one

edited January 2021

RenderPretender said:

terry_duquette said:

Well I am surprised I am the first one to find this, right here in DAZ are some Beautiful Transgender clones. They are in this product:

G8 Cross-Figure Resource Kit by Daz Originals!

Billed as a way to move clothing and save it for the other figure, it no less has excellent Transgender clones, that look better than the ones I was using!

Attached pic shows G8F (in pink shorts)  in the back with the baseline body builder at 100%.

Left front is G8M with AME/ASE at 85% with other settings at 40%

Right front is G8M with Josh texture, Teen Josie Morph, AME at 45%, Flex at 100%, Muscle Definition and Veins at 25%, upper and lower body at 15%, and my AME tweaks.

The Breast/Chest area doesn't appear to have the discontinuity that the other Transgender clone I was using exhibits (see page 24 of this thread and 3 posts back).

Hope that helps anyone looking to get into AME on a female platform.

Regards, TD

Good to know, TD. I was thinking of getting that to address my heels fit issue. To be clear, though, at the end of the day it's still *converted* G8M in the end product, right?

TD, does the Cross-Figure Resource Kit allow one-click copy/transfer G8F character morphs (head and body together or separately) to the G8M clone before using Sloshworks' product to apply textures?

• GhostofMacbeth said:

I was wondering when a dwarf would get the fitness regime :) Nice one

Thank you, GhostofMacbeth! You create the most delightful characters.  I think I went overboard on the wrinkles and such, but he's a work in progress.  And wouldn't have been possible without your Dwarf.  Oh, and I like the hair and beard quite a lot.  Top notch product all the way around!

Lee 

• TD, does the Cross-Figure Resource Kit allow one-click copy/transfer G8F character morphs (head and body together or separately) to the G8M clone before using Sloshworks' product to apply textures?

It is a single slider for both head and body, they are not separated. As for the texture, you  can apply it before or after the morph, it does not matter. Once you apply the UV conversion, then choose the G8F materials from any character in your library. I then save it as a material preset, which you can pull up and apply instantly to any new creation in progress (it saves with the UV conversion!). Reduces the amount of time when starting from scratch, I also have many wearable presets, that include hair, jewelry, eyebrows, clothes, weapons etc. I just mark them as G8M once the fitting and tweaking are done so I don't have to do it again. 

Leemoon, that dwarf looks fun!

Working on Android  game characters getting some AME upgrades, Will post some new work soon. TD

edited January 2021

Great work, everyone. Hopefully, D_Master is aware that his work is not for naught. I thought I'd share a few test shots of Donna, my latest subject for ASE/AME experimentation.

Donna - Test 1.jpg
    1061 x 1500 - 1M
    Donna - Test 2.jpg
    1500 x 1125 - 813K
    Donna - Test 3.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 1M
    Donna - Test 4.jpg
    1500 x 1125 - 1M
    edited January 2021

More refinements to my version of Armstrong/Dwarf.  He's had Armstrong dialed back a bit and the Dwarf dialed up.  AME is set to around 25% here.

I'm liking how well this character is coming together.  A big thanks to all the content providers who make this all possible. :)

Thank you all for the kind comments on my renders!!

Lee

ArmstrongDwarfMaxxSwoleToon-MatureMuscleMan-Pose-2.jpg
    1855 x 2400 - 1M
    ArmstrongDwarfMaxxSwoleToon-MatureMuscleMan-1.jpg
    5565 x 2400 - 4M

Great work, Lee. I'm wondering about this new Genesis 8.1 that's coming out: Would I be able to add (or would you be able to add)  the 8.1 HD Add-On to a character you've already created as an 8.0 character? Or, would we have to "rebuild" the character onto an 8.1 figure? Anyone know? The female iterations are out, but apparently not the males.

• Thank you, inquire! I'm having fun working on this character.  I like him and have refined him slightly (tightened up his chin/jaw to be tighter at the upper throat.)  Will likely dial in a few minor muscle shaping morphs in the legs and then call him finished.

I haven't yet downloaded the new Genesis 8.1 updates that are showing up in DIM.  I'm still using DS 4.12.0.86 and don't want to update to 4.15 just yet.  When Michael 8.1 (or whatever the first male version will be called) comes out, I'll likely update my Mac mini to 4.15 and then start messing around with Genesis 8.1 male.  If that goes well and DS 4.15 is stable, then I'll update my MacBook Pro.  I'm just anxious about updating my stable version of DS, especially on my MacBook Pro where it's running fast and smoothly. :)

I hope we see some answers to your questions, as I'm also curious as to how I can use existing Gen 8 characters on 8.1. 

Lee

edited January 2021

Hi, Lee:  Yeah, it would be neat if we could just use the 8.1 HD Add-On with the regular 8.0 characters. Or, (I'm not even sure), is the HD Add-On for 8.1 on top of the regular 8.1? I think somebody's planning to make some money selling these things. There's already a flurry of things coming out for the females.

I do have 8.0 characters that I've saved. If I can't just use the 8.1 HD Add-On with them, then I guess I'd have to copy of all the morphs, textures, etc., onto an 8.1. That doesn't sound like any fun to me. I think I'm going to view the 8.1 rather cautiously until I fully understand how it can be used with 8.0 characters.

I did downlad the 8.1 updates that show in DIM. I didn't realize that DS 4.15 is needed for them. Is it? Anyway, I'm using DS 4.12.1.118. I'm hesitant to upgrade to 4.15 because of all the problems that can come with updating. 

Right now, 8.1 is not sounding like fun to me. Maybe it will be. We'll see.

Post edited by inquire on
  • If I update to 4.15 and then Genesis 8.1 male before you do, I'll let you know what I find.  I'm sure others will jump in with info before I do. :)

Oh, and off topic, I could not resist the urge to get an Apple Silicon Mac any longer.  Am heading out right now to pick up a MacBook Air M1 (16 GB, 1 TB SSD).  Should have it in my hands in about an hour or two. :)

Lee

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,085

Congrats Lee! I hope it serves you well. I rushed in yesterday and bought the new bundle but will have to wait till I get back home in a couple of days to try it out. Hopefully by then I will have some feedback about the new Daz iteration.

BTW Great work on the new character.

edited January 2021

Thank you, Sigurd!  The 16" MacBook Pro i picked up in November is my DAZ system now.  I have only used my old Mac mini to test an idea or two out in DAZ Studio.  For me, the step up to an 8-core i9 has given dramatic speed ups for Iray rendering, though nothing as fast as having an Nvidia card. :)

I'll be using the M1 MacBook Air to get my feet wet with Big Sur and Apple Silicon.  I might even dust off my Apple developer license and write some apps again.  We'll see. :)  I'm really hoping we get to have an Apple Silicon version of DAZ Studio later this year.  Either way, I'm happy to have this new MacBook Air.  I gave my Mom my previous 12" MacBook (the first one without a fan) and she loves it.  It replaced her first generation MacBook Air that has been a bit sluggish for what she does.  At 86 years old, she was super excited to get it.  I love my Mom!! 

Thank you for the kind words on my newest character.  I've been doing some minor fine tuning with him.  I think he's a keeper. LOL!

I'm looking forward to your feedback on Genesis 8.1 when you have a chance to give it.  Thank you!!

Lee

• terry_duquetteterry_duquette Posts: 256
    edited January 2021

Well, started playing in 4.15 and G8.1F....initial assessment, don't rush.  The base figure has just the Iray base map, some mouth and eye improvements with the tear addition. Lots of talk (28 pages as of today) in the Commons. The good thing was all the characters and morphs all showed up, and I was able to load G8F morphs with the morph loader pro. So below is a quick character build (crossgender morph, 75% Alistair, 15% Cartoony for Leemoon, and my HD Musculature morphs tweaking, layered with AME body and ASE) including my custom bicep morph on the G8F platform. First thing I noticed that the figure loads in SubD2 rather than 1. All the expressions show up, but a lot of them don't work. If you have D.Masters AFE, then you probably have most of the capability of the G8.1F facial enhancement rigging. Don't know if it's something in the figure or 4.15, but overall things seemed to move and react slower than before, will have to see once I go back to G8M work. There does seem to be a difference in the UV torso map rigging. Went to get a Filament render and add the beautiful skin shell, the torso faded out, so that product is useless on 8.1 for now. I could load any skin shader from the library, so for good looking Filament/PBR support looks like new product or updates required, thus Victoria 8.1. Also was led to believe from the promo descriptions that Vellus hair was defaulted, nope, guess you need V 8.1 for that feature also. Will continue to play, but again, my opinion, don't rush. TD

Just noticed on the Filament renders I should have added the hair cap, I was so focused on trying to fix the torso or find some work around! TD

G8.1F trial 1.jpg
    927 x 1200 - 236K
    G8.1F Base skin + shell PBR.jpg
    927 x 1200 - 372K
    G8.1F Base skin PBR.jpg
    927 x 1200 - 379K
    Post edited by terry_duquette on

leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

If I update to 4.15 and then Genesis 8.1 male before you do, I'll let you know what I find.  I'm sure others will jump in with info before I do. :)

Oh, and off topic, I could not resist the urge to get an Apple Silicon Mac any longer.  Am heading out right now to pick up a MacBook Air M1 (16 GB, 1 TB SSD).  Should have it in my hands in about an hour or two. :)

Lee

Oh, please let us know about the Apple Silicon Mac and how it runs DAZ Studio. I'm very eager to hear about this.

terry_duquette said:

Well, started playing in 4.15 and G8.1F....initial assessment, don't rush.  The base figure has just the Iray base map, some mouth and eye improvements with the tear addition. Lots of talk (28 pages as of today) in the Commons. The good thing was all the characters and morphs all showed up, and I was able to load G8F morphs with the morph loader pro. So below is a quick character build (crossgender morph, 75% Alistair, 15% Cartoony for Leemoon, and my HD Musculature morphs tweaking, layered with AME body and ASE) including my custom bicep morph on the G8F platform. First thing I noticed that the figure loads in SubD2 rather than 1. All the expressions show up, but a lot of them don't work. If you have D.Masters AFE, then you probably have most of the capability of the G8.1F facial enhancement rigging. Don't know if it's something in the figure or 4.15, but overall things seemed to move and react slower than before, will have to see once I go back to G8M work. There does seem to be a difference in the UV torso map rigging. Went to get a Filament render and add the beautiful skin shell, the torso faded out, so that product is useless on 8.1 for now. I could load any skin shader from the library, so for good looking Filament/PBR support looks like new product or updates required, thus Victoria 8.1. Also was led to believe from the promo descriptions that Vellus hair was defaulted, nope, guess you need V 8.1 for that feature also. Will continue to play, but again, my opinion, don't rush. TD

Just noticed on the Filament renders I should have added the hair cap, I was so focused on trying to fix the torso or find some work around! TD

Thanks for all of this information, Terry.

• Looking great, Terry! Thanks so much for sharing those renders of Genesis 8.1.  And for thinking of me when dialing in some Cartoonized. :)

You are a wealth of knowledge.

Lee

edited January 2021

inquire said:

leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

If I update to 4.15 and then Genesis 8.1 male before you do, I'll let you know what I find.  I'm sure others will jump in with info before I do. :)

Lee

Oh, please let us know about the Apple Silicon Mac and how it runs DAZ Studio. I'm very eager to hear about this.

I sure will.  I can hardly wait for DAZ Big Sur/M1 compatibility. :)

Side note: I set up the MacBook Air M1 without doing a Time Machine migration of my old data.  This will be my first cleanly set up Mac in many years.  I didn't want to bring over any unused junk (system or user files.)  I wanted to start with as clean a system as I could.  So far, I have installed Apple Silicon compatible versions of VLC (which curiously still runs under Rosetta 2) and Graphic Converter.  Haven't decided what I'll do about Photoshop Elements.  I've seen one report where Photoshop Elements 2021 works in Rosetta 2, but am not convinced enough to try it. LOL!  I also haven't copied my music library over since it's not as straightforward to do that under Big Sur as it was in older macOS versions.  Installed Mainstage and Garageband.  Except for some of my very old songs that I no longer have the sound loops for, Garageband runs great.  It does beachball with those ancient songs, where Garageband on Catalina would just say it couldn't play the tracks with missing loops, but would still playing the valid tracks.  It's a bug in the new (Apple Silicon) version of Garagband.  Video playback is great, as is doing simple image edits with Graphic Converter.  Numbers pulls up my Honda CR-Z fuel economy spreadsheet just fine and I entered my 42.6 mpg round trip to/from the Jacksonville, FL Apple Store of about 160 miles.  My lifetime fuel economy for the CR-Z stands at 44.89 mpg across 10+ years of driving it.  Battery life seems amazing thus far on the M1 MacBook Air.  I've had it plugged in a good bit while I downloaded and installed the huge audio samples for Mainstage/Garageband and when backing up a couple of times to a 1 TB Samsung T5.  Except for the Garagaband bug mentioned earlier with some old songs, the MacBook Air has been spectacular.  Oh, and the SSD speeds are in the 3,000 to 3,200 MB/sec. range for read/write.  My new i9 MacBook Pro 16" gets 2,300 to 2,600 MB/sec read/write speeds.  So, it's a great little laptop and I'm happy to have it.

Lee

Have you installed DAZ Studio and any files? Have you tested how DS works with this new Apple chip system?

• inquire said:

Have you installed DAZ Studio and any files? Have you tested how DS works with this new Apple chip system?

I haven't installed anything DAZ on the M1 MacBook Air.  None of it is compatible yet. We need to wait until DAZ releases updated software later in the year. :)

It'll feel like a long wait, I'm sure!  I'm ahead of the curve on this one.  LOL!   Other than a bug in Garageband with some old song files, the M1 MacBook Air has been sollid.  I downloaded the latest version of Blender and might give that a whirl in the next few days.

Lee

Good Luck, and please keep letting us know what you think of the new Mac and its chips.

• mikethe3dguymikethe3dguy Posts: 515
    edited January 2021

Okay Terry D and RenderPretender, I finally got some time to try creating a G8M clone of one of my existing G8F characters so I can try modding her with ASE/AME.

1) Opened my existing G8F character in DS. Deleted or hid everything that wasn't the figure itself. Set resolution to base, SubD level to 0 and made sure figure scale was at 100%.
    2) Exported figure as obj, named "Shawna 159"
    3) Loaded the Genesis 8 Male figure from the Genesis 8 Cross-Figure Resource Kit & applied the "Transfer To: Genesis8Female" morph at 100%.
    4) Used Morph Loader pro to apply the obj from step 2, and got this message:

Loading Morphs...
    Loading morph Shawna 159...
    Warning: Geometry did not match, failed to create morph.

Where have I gone wrong? Thanks in advance!

Edit: I have also tried, both with the G8 Cross Figure G8M and the AgentUnawares Transgender G8M, to transfer morphs from a G8F using Transfer Utility. Every time the Transfer Utility progress bar hits 22% almost immediately but then goes no further until DS crashes.

Post edited by mikethe3dguy on
  • mikethe3dguy said:

Okay Terry D and RenderPretender, I finally got some time to try creating a G8M clone of one of my existing G8F characters so I can try modding her with ASE/AME.

1) Opened my existing G8F character in DS. Deleted or hid everything that wasn't the figure itself. Set resolution to base, SubD level to 0 and made sure figure scale was at 100%.
    2) Exported figure as obj, named "Shawna 159"
    3) Loaded the Genesis 8 Male figure from the Genesis 8 Cross-Figure Resource Kit & applied the "Transfer To: Genesis8Female" morph at 100%.
    4) Used Morph Loader pro to apply the obj from step 2, and got this message:

Loading Morphs...
    Loading morph Shawna 159...
    Warning: Geometry did not match, failed to create morph.

Where have I gone wrong? Thanks in advance!

Edit: I have also tried, both with the G8 Cross Figure G8M and the AgentUnawares Transgender G8M, to transfer morphs from a G8F using Transfer Utility. Every time the Transfer Utility progress bar hits 22% almost immediately but then goes no further until DS crashes.

I think I see the issue.  The quick way to transfer a character body and head morph is as follows.

1. load a clean G8M and G8F into the scene, apply the body and head morph(s) you wish to transfer to G8M on the G8F character, then tag the little Hearts as favorites (note: the slider that ERC freezes the head and morph together will not transfer, only the actual morphs).

2. Open the:   Edit>Figure>Transfer Utility   menu, choose the G8F as the Source, and the G8M as the target.

3. From the drop down menu under the Target choose the (Clone:Clone Genesis 8 Female) option, then expand the more options setting.

4. Copy the settings exactly as shown in the screen cap attached (super important!).

5. Click accept, the favorites will be placed in the same folders on this G8M figure. On the G8M find the morphs you just transferred in the parameters page, easiest to tag them as favorites right now. For simplicity dial the head, body and transgender morph to 100%. Now your figure should be standing in the baseline pose (Note: for Teen Josie I had to add two additional parameters the Scale and Head Propagating Scale to match the G8F exactly)

6. Select the G8M then Edit>Figure>Rigging>Adjust Rigging to Shape (another note: all these properties are now linked together, if you change stuff away from these settings, distortions may occur, just go back to the baseline pose and readjust the rigging, then start posing again.

7. Save this character as a Scene or Scene Subset, otherwise you will have to do this from scratch everytime. To get fancy and actually save the transferred morphs as support assets will have to be another lesson. There are plenty of videos and lessons out there on creating characters, this would then include making a new parameter property then ERC freezing all the morphs together, then they would be installed and always available on every G8M that you open. Hope this at least gets you creating. TD

Transfer cap.png
    1920 x 1080 - 735K
    Transfer cap 2.png
    1920 x 1080 - 884K
  • mikethe3dguymikethe3dguy Posts: 515
    edited January 2021

Thanks so much for this thorough reply TD, I appreciate your going above & beyond.

Beyond the basic Daz head and body morphs, I have literally dozens of morphs I used to create my original character (multiple muscularity adjustments, height, hands propagating scale, breast, nose, eye shape, etc). The majority of those are muscularity adjustments. Would it be best to include all those in step 1 too, do you think?

Thanks, Mike

Post edited by mikethe3dguy on