It’s The End Of The World As We Know It, And I Feel Fine!

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

Hey, Barry I hear that. But I didn't come up with the new Title, DAZ did. The only things I'm addicted to are breathing and DAZ3D.

P.S. I'll change it again when Miss Bad Wolf makes it to Addict. She does not have far to go.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

If I ever get to 2501 posts I'll change my avatar to a cup of coffee!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Only a cup, I would have thought you would need it injected intraveniously.

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,499
    edited December 1969

I failed and bought Wintedr Princess Hair.

.......Failed? No wait, it works. :P

edited December 1969

PLEASE HELP ME!! I've lost it. 100% bonkers now. $100 bucks broker, about that many or MORE files in my Downloads. I did not know the TITLE would take over my real life. I'm a ADDICT and I can not stop! This will push my installs to well over 40Gb again, what the 'ell am I doing? I never use this stuff. Pam is a Bryce addict, I'm hooked on content.

We will not talk about my Free content downloads. If you need it I just might have it by now. This is getting WAY out of hand.

Can we shut down DAZ3D for about four months? Nope that will not work either, as long as I have the internet I'll just grab more free stuff or shop another site. WHIMPER.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,095
    edited December 1969

there is a 10 step program I believe ;-P

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,499
    edited December 1969

Jeff, I could come get you with my karate gear. But that wouldn't work.

I could use a sledgehammer on your 'puter.... Nah, won't work either.

Bury your credit/debit card on another planet? Nope.

Lock you up for four months? Nope.

Ahhh, I'm no help....

Oh, while you were fattening up on downloads, did you happen to ind any circlets? The tiara that came with Winter Princess hair won't do.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,340
    edited August 2012

Jaderail said:
    PLEASE HELP ME!! I've lost it. 100% bonkers now. $100 bucks broker, about that many or MORE files in my Downloads. I did not know the TITLE would take over my real life. I'm a ADDICT and I can not stop! This will push my installs to well over 40Gb again, what the 'ell am I doing? I never use this stuff. Pam is a Bryce addict, I'm hooked on content.

We will not talk about my Free content downloads. If you need it I just might have it by now. This is getting WAY out of hand.

Can we shut down DAZ3D for about four months? Nope that will not work either, as long as I have the internet I'll just grab more free stuff or shop another site. WHIMPER.

I hear ya, man. Just spent $50 here the other day after promising myself that I was done buying stuff this month. Been spending too much time and money on this stuff... Need to find some balance. Oh well, the first step is admitting you have a problem, right?

Hope you enjoy your new toys, anyway. Have fun playing with Genesis! :-)

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited December 1969

I think the way things are going I'm more likely to be a domain name addict, I've bought 25 this month and have set up about 6 sites on them. Having a bad memory is dreadful for things like this, but at least I can set up a to-do list.

edited December 1969

I think the way things are going I'm more likely to be a domain name addict, I've bought 25 this month and have set up about 6 sites on them. Having a bad memory is dreadful for things like this, but at least I can set up a to-do list.

What a strange thing to be addicted to. I sought, and was given permission to claim Chohole.co.uk as a domain name, but never did get round to doing it. Decided to spend the money onmore content to feed my addiction instead.
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

What a strange thing to be addicted to. I sought, and was given permission to claim Chohole.co.uk as a domain name, but never did get round to doing it. Decided to spend the money onmore content to feed my addiction instead.
    I don't think it's quite such a strange thing to be addicted to when you're trying to make money out of it, but yeah, I suspect my cash could have gone on better things.
    edited August 2012

Well, this is a hard one to swallow but I'm loving the NEW DS. All my items work well, except shoes. It's easy to work in with my customized interface. I bought some genesis items that had shoes and some shoes just to be safe. I need more Genesis hair but I have about ten now and my V4 M4 ones work well enough for now. Now all I need is a render Idea and off I could go.

edited December 1969

Don't you have any renders you never finished, that you could go back to and revamp ? I do that sometimes. Made my new banner from an older image, and at the moment am trying to redo one I originall did in Br 4

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,930
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Well, this is a hard one to swallow but I'm loving the NEW DS. All my items work well, except shoes. It's easy to work in with my customized interface. I bought some genesis items that had shoes and some shoes just to be safe. I need more Genesis hair but I have about ten now and my V4 M4 ones work well enough for now. Now all I need is a render Idea and off I could go.

I can never get shoes to work right. I don't buy them anymore and have all my figures bare foot

edited August 2012

I haven't tried it yet. Might order it now while I remember!

{EDIT} - Oh dear, it uninstalls DS4 first, it always worries me when something uninstalls a stable release and installs one I don't know!

Post edited by BlumBlumShub on
    edited December 1969

one for you gamers http://www.deep-shadows.com/hax/3DRipperDX.htm
    was told of this by an iClone user on the Reallusion forum asking about GTA San Andreas mesh export
    it captures mesh from games on your computer!
    Barry there is a Maya plugin!
    the textures unfortunately are in dds format as DirectX uses that irfanview batch converts but you need to manually load them to the surfaces as Daz and no other software I have does it!
    (Maya might Barry!)
    imagine being able render stuff in studio using reality for fan art with added Daz content
    would have to be strictly fan art ofcourse due to mesh copyright.

edited December 1969

Do have to qualify you on that post Wendy.

It is only OK to rip mesh from games if they are purely for personal use.

It is a complete NO NO to offer them to anyone else.

edited December 1969

what I said, actually I went one further, only fan art not commercial renders.
    I would not post any images on this forum for instance but maybe facebook
    amd unlikely to put a video on YouTube.
    this was a result of the other thread on objects grabbed from games where I said I thought you could not even do it for renders.
    but fan art is prob ok if posted merely as just that.

edited August 2012

Whew, it took me all day but now ALL my genesis files are installed. Off to check bank account. I want more. And lots of what I want this time will not be on sale. But I can get a discount if I go far enough. Addict, it is such a fitting title for me.

EDIT: Man, I still have money in my account. I was kind of hoping I was low.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,930
    edited December 1969

Better start saving up now for hte PA sale. LOL I know I am

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

I'm so happy you like 4.5. I really liked RC3, what little I got to play with it. You are really enjoy working with it.

edited December 1969

I have a big problem here. The tech says that I need a Windows 7 reinstall. I pretty much expected that which is why I took it to them. I've never done a reinstall. They asked if I want to keep my files and, if so, it will be $175. Naturally, I didn't backup and somehow all my restore points disappeared. I can't remember if there is anything other than my CMS that I need off the laptop. Since I'm going to be installing 4.5 just as soon as I get it back, I guess that doesn't really matter. Most of my files are on a Passport and/or big external.

The laptop came with Vista and I upgraded to Win7 Home. I have my upgrade disks, but the OEM is in D partition on the laptop's hard drive. How hard is to do a reinstall? I really can't afford the $175 right now. It will be $75 anyway just for diagnosis. And I'm terrified of doing it myself and completely wrecking it.

What do you advise?

In the meantime I installed DS4Pro 4.0347 on this old computer and it's working. Slow, but it's working. This one has XP, 3 GB of space left on the hard drive, 248 MG of RAM, and 2.53 GHrz Celeron CPU.

edited December 1969

Anne, I find it quite frustrating when I hear about people being charged large amounts of money for a reinstall that basically takes half an hour, a little longer if you're reformatting your drive first.

Windows 7 allows essentially 3 types of reinstall. There's Repair, Reinstall over existing, and Full reinstall.

Since your OEM is on a partition I don't know how to actually get that started, but I'm sure many other people here would be able to help you. I should learn how to do that myself because my OEM is on a partition too and I'd be screwed if Windows decided to break. Like you, I'm not worried about my files as such, they're all on externals, but my installs would be an arse to redo.

Most of the Windows installation itself is easy peasy and just works by itself while you wait, you just give it a few basic bits of info, such as your CD Key, language, timezone and then you name your computer.

edited December 1969

one for you gamers http://www.deep-shadows.com/hax/3DRipperDX.htm
    was told of this by an iClone user on the Reallusion forum asking about GTA San Andreas mesh export
    it captures mesh from games on your computer!
    Barry there is a Maya plugin!
    the textures unfortunately are in dds format as DirectX uses that irfanview batch converts but you need to manually load them to the surfaces as Daz and no other software I have does it!
    (Maya might Barry!)
    imagine being able render stuff in studio using reality for fan art with added Daz content
    would have to be strictly fan art ofcourse due to mesh copyright.

You know, I'd really like to give this a shot, but I don't have a lot of games on the PC. Maybe World of Warcraft fan art would be a possibility but I suspect Blizzard would be on my back as soon as I even thought about it.
    edited December 1969

lol! I ONLY have GTA San Andreas :red: thought of installing Sonic the Hedgehog so I can try it but why bother if I cannot use it in renders.
    yeah it depends, GTA has lots of dedicated modders and official fan art sites so I prob could use that in renders, you'ld be OK with the Sims too!
    still, fun to try for personal use.

edited December 1969

lol! Sonic3D will not even run on my Win7 desktop! tried troubleshoot compatibility, I think it is a WinXP game!
    got it when I first got my laptop
    told you I do not do gaming! :roll:

edited December 1969

Anne, I find it quite frustrating when I hear about people being charged large amounts of money for a reinstall that basically takes half an hour, a little longer if you're reformatting your drive first.

Windows 7 allows essentially 3 types of reinstall. There's Repair, Reinstall over existing, and Full reinstall.

Since your OEM is on a partition I don't know how to actually get that started, but I'm sure many other people here would be able to help you. I should learn how to do that myself because my OEM is on a partition too and I'd be screwed if Windows decided to break. Like you, I'm not worried about my files as such, they're all on externals, but my installs would be an arse to redo.

Most of the Windows installation itself is easy peasy and just works by itself while you wait, you just give it a few basic bits of info, such as your CD Key, language, timezone and then you name your computer.

I was confused, Barry. The laptop doesn't have the oem on it. This one (XP Compaq desktop) does.

So you suggest I go get my laptop and disks, turn it on, insert disk and go for it?

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

I was confused, Barry. The laptop doesn't have the oem on it. This one (XP Compaq desktop) does.

So you suggest I go get my laptop and disks, turn it on, insert disk and go for it?Yep, It's just that Easy Anne. As long as you have it all in one place when you get started. CD key ect... You should be golden.

edited December 1969

Not Win7 addmittedly, but yes even I have managed to install or reinstall my OS on occasion.

edited December 1969

did it twice on my laptop
    it is all the bloody Microsoft updates that are a pain

This discussion has been closed.