UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,389

barbult said:

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

My real backyard (not UltraScenery).

Now if you could incorporate that in a US scene, maybe as a background, it should look spectacular.

Part UltraScenery, part UltraScatterPro, part manual placement, part background image.

Genius! Very well done.

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 738

@barbult we definitely need your YouTube channel. Thats an awesome mixed scene. Great job thanks for sharing. inspired to drop my UE5 project and play with USC/XT again.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,713

Does Ultrascenery rely on metadata in any way? I know we have to install everything into its correct folders, with DIM at best, but once it's in there, can I turn off CMS? Thanks and cheers!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,020
    tsroemi said:

Does Ultrascenery rely on metadata in any way? I know we have to install everything into its correct folders, with DIM at best, but once it's in there, can I turn off CMS? Thanks and cheers!

I don't think you need CMS for UltraScenery. I never access it from Smart Content. All of the ecologies and features are accessed only from inside the UltraSceneCreator script, so it doesn't seem like metadata plays any role. I've never turned CMS off, though, so I can't say for sure.

barbult said:

tsroemi said:

I don't think you need CMS for UltraScenery. I never access it from Smart Content. All of the ecologies and features are accessed only from inside the UltraSceneCreator script, so it doesn't seem like metadata plays any role. I've never turned CMS off, though, so I can't say for sure.

Thank you for the quick response. I don't really see any reason either. I guess I'll just try with resetting the database to be on the safe side, this way I can reimport the metadata if I need to. Cheers!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,344

barbult said:

Looks impressive.

You have a lot to take inspiration from.

Artini said:

barbult said:

Looks impressive.

You have a lot to take inspiration from.

Yes, Florida has a lot to look at. smiley

edited July 2022

Here is my latest "Florida" render. I used Alienator Pro to substitute some Tropical Nature Pack 2 sabal palms for some Mossy Hollow palms. That turned out to be very time consuming, because the trees were created as separate trunk and leaves objects. I ended up exporting each pair of trunk and leaves as a single OBJ, importing it back, assigning the materials, saving as a new prop and using that with Alienator. Is there an easier way?

I had a new "eureka" moment while creating this. I used the UltraScenery Toolbox II Instance Group Locator and Unpack to show the river log instances so I could position the turtles on the log instance. Then I used Repack to pack the instances back up without moving or deleting any. I did the same to put a vine on one of the palm tree trunks. In the past, I've used this toolbox a lot to move or delete instances that were in the way of the camera, but I never thought of just showing the instances so I could position something else relative to them until now.

Morning on the River

Morning on the river 2.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    USC Toolbox II line up items on instance.jpg
    1420 x 1247 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on

Very nice, @barbult. Looks great.

edited July 2022

Artini said:

Thanks, Artini. I rolled some of my Alienator changes into a new tropical ecology. (I have a lot of tropical plants.) Then I kept adding stuff to the scene until my graphics card couldn't take any more stuff. It made a pretty busy scene.

USC Wetland 2 BV Tropical.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M

I'm not sure whether this has been suggested already, but over in another thread, someone brought up the idea that USC should have a railroad track add-on, which I think would be just fantastic. It's so hard to get it right with adding the tracks in later, because the grit and rubble and all that that's usually beneath the tracks isn't there, and then the tracks must be elevated a little, and so on ... So I would so much appreciate a way of having naturally looking tracks in various landscapes. Maybe @HowieFarkes sees this!

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 738

barbult said:

Artini said:

Thanks, Artini. I rolled some of my Alienator changes into a new tropical ecology. (I have a lot of tropical plants.) Then I kept adding stuff to the scene until my graphics card couldn't take any more stuff. It made a pretty busy scene.

Love it! Wow a lot of work went into this one. Very detailed and great use of leading lines to get the viewer to examine all these areas.

With this many assets you are right about the computer screaming.  

tsroemi said:

I'm not sure whether this has been suggested already, but over in another thread, someone brought up the idea that USC should have a railroad track add-on, which I think would be just fantastic. It's so hard to get it right with adding the tracks in later, because the grit and rubble and all that that's usually beneath the tracks isn't there, and then the tracks must be elevated a little, and so on ... So I would so much appreciate a way of having naturally looking tracks in various landscapes. Maybe @HowieFarkes sees this!

You can build your own railroad track UltraScenery feature, like I did. I described how I did it over here.

Tugpsx said:

barbult said:

Artini said:

Love it! Wow a lot of work went into this one. Very detailed and great use of leading lines to get the viewer to examine all these areas.

With this many assets you are right about the computer screaming.  

The credit for the leading lines goes to the Wetland 2 feature boardwalk configuration. I was not even aware until you pointed it out.

barbult said:

tsroemi said:

You can build your own railroad track UltraScenery feature, like I did. I described how I did it over here.

This looks really cool for sure! However, I don't feel up to the procedure if I'm honest. I have so little time to spend with my DAZ hobby, I can't get into the depths of things as much as I would want to. And then I'd rather just render, you know? But thanks very much anyway, I'll keep your method saved!

tsroemi said:

barbult said:

tsroemi said:

This looks really cool for sure! However, I don't feel up to the procedure if I'm honest. I have so little time to spend with my DAZ hobby, I can't get into the depths of things as much as I would want to. And then I'd rather just render, you know? But thanks very much anyway, I'll keep your method saved!

I understand. It does take an investment in time and learning. I'm retired, so I have lots of time to spend. Maybe HowieFarkes or Tango Alpha will eventually make a railroad feature pack for sale in the store.

barbult said:

tsroemi said:

barbult said:

tsroemi said:

I understand. It does take an investment in time and learning. I'm retired, so I have lots of time to spend. Maybe HowieFarkes or Tango Alpha will eventually make a railroad feature pack for sale in the store.

I hope so, too! - You know, I feel we're all real lucky around here that you choose to spend your retirement days with DAZ and USC. I'm not good at it, as I said, but quietly lurking, I saw many of your beautiful and clever projects / renders, and I feel inspired by them. Am often saving them as backgrounds for my iPad as well ;-). You're like an USC ambassador, I guess. Thanks for that! Am looking forward to more fascinating barbult projects.

edited July 2022

Since I'm playing with my RR feature today, I decided to make a winter scene.

USC BV RR Track 2 BV Winter 4_003_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
  • RakudaRakuda Posts: 931
    edited July 2022

I didn't realize that neither of those trains have wheel bogies that rotate independently to accomodate a larger track curvature. None of the Parkside cars have operating moving bogie wheels. I wonder if there are any trains that have working bogies? The front and back units should rotate independently.

Update:

Have to duplicate and hide each under a different NULL entity to rotate 

bogie.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 247K
    bogie2.JPG
    376 x 511 - 30K
    Post edited by Rakuda on

Rakuda said:

I didn't realize that neither of those trains have wheel bogies that rotate independently to accomodate a larger track curvature. None of the Parkside cars have operating moving bogie wheels. I wonder if there are any trains that have working bogies? The front and back units should rotate independently.

That track is really too curved. I had to cheat to make the train seem to fit on the track. The wheels don't really line up correctly with the track. 

• RakudaRakuda Posts: 931

@barbult see the update above

Rakuda said:

@barbult see the update above

Yes, clever! Maybe I'll try that sometime.

edited July 2022

And here's a tropical train. I think I got trains out of my system now, for today. On to other things...

USC BV RR Track 2 BV Tropical Sabal Palms 4_002.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M

Great renders, @barbult, and the train looks very nice on them.

Artini said:

Great renders, @barbult, and the train looks very nice on them.

Thanks, the train is from the Parkside series.

• MartinjfrostMartinjfrost Posts: 353

Another sneak peak at a certain Tropical Bundle which is coming (hopefully) soon!

Inspired by all of the wonderful railway pics, I thought id put my tracks on a larger version of the board walk props to give the train an easier trip across the terraine. 

Plants in this bundle are all designed to blend in with the Ultrascerny XT tropics bundle and lots of my other plant products .

Martinjfrost said:

Another sneak peak at a certain Tropical Bundle which is coming (hopefully) soon!

Inspired by all of the wonderful railway pics, I thought id put my tracks on a larger version of the board walk props to give the train an easier trip across the terraine. 

Plants in this bundle are all designed to blend in with the Ultrascerny XT tropics bundle and lots of my other plant products .

We've been waiting for this. Any new thing for UltraScenery is welcome!

Looking great. Railway objects are always welcome.

Mybe you could also made cliffs objects for UltraScenery XT (to avoid distorsion on the steep parts), as well.

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 761

Will there be an option to remove the posts holding up the tracks so that the tracks lay flat on the ground?

• MartinjfrostMartinjfrost Posts: 353

Artini said:

Looking great. Railway objects are always welcome.

Mybe you could also made cliffs objects for UltraScenery XT (to avoid distorsion on the steep parts), as well.

There is a bunlde of rock features in the store that does this to some extent, you need to own one of the rock bundles stated in its description which would also help you place them elsewhere. But it is there and it quite good.  

This discussion has been closed.