UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,022

Artini said:

Another example render with the clouds and 2 screenshots:

OK, that's the older cloud product, not the newer volumetric one. Now I understand.

• When I am loading Ultrascenery it keeps getting stuck on instances!  Loaded through DIM, optimization set to memory, tried without NVIDIA, uninstalled and reinstalled all programs, removed octance render!

Any advice?  Thanks for your time

Richard Heger

Ultrascenery.png
    1920 x 1080 - 723K

William Shock said:

When I am loading Ultrascenery it keeps getting stuck on instances!  Loaded through DIM, optimization set to memory, tried without NVIDIA, uninstalled and reinstalled all programs, removed octance render!

Any advice?  Thanks for your time

Richard Heger

Thanks for following the recommended troubleshooting tips first! In your screenshot, the structure of your content library looks unusual. Have you moved files around into different folders? All UltraScenery files need to be installed exactly where DIM puts them and nothing moved. You should not be seeing the actual trees in the viewport at all; you should only see the proxy trees.

• Thank you for the response barbult.  I did check other folders and I have and nothing relating to Ultrascenery is in them.  Today on DIM I again uninstalled all of my Ultrascenery content and this time I even deleted the content from the "Ready to Install" tab so they appeared in the "Ready to Download" tab.  I downloaded again and then installed but unfortunately the problem remained.  I agreed with your assessment; for whatever reason rather than proxy props appearing when loading Ultrascenery I'm getting the actual grass, trees, ect...  The question in my head now was why are actual trees, grass, rocks, etc... showing up rather than proxy trees, grass, rocks, etc..?

Long story short I manually disabled my Octane Render plugin.  I didn't realize that everytime I started DAZ3d up Octane Render would automatically be running again.  If actual trees, grass, ect.. appear when creating a scene rather than proxy trees, grass, ect.. it is more than likely related to the Octane Render plugin. 

Screenshot (11).png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M

@William Shock Some problems with Octane Render plugin were discussed on the previous page. I don't have that installed, but I can reiterate what others have recommended. Either uninstall Octane Render completely if you never use it, or go into the Daz Studio menu Help/About Installed Plugins and uncheck the checkbox for the Octane Render plugin. Then you must restart Daz Studio, because if you don't, the plugin is still active in that session. See if either of these actions resolve the problem.

edited May 2022

Here are a couple I made recently:

Grandma went for a stroll in the woods and was never seen again.

Mrs Chow Young Minto Carnivorous Plant_003 Decal.jpg
    2600 x 2000 - 3M
    Young Minto Camera USC Squirrel_001.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 738

@Barbult you always have awesome scenes. Very nice moments captured. now if you had 2 squirrels fighting over an acorn then that would take the cake.

Seriously these are awesome. Thanks for sharing.

edited May 2022

Tugpsx said:

@Barbult you always have awesome scenes. Very nice moments captured. now if you had 2 squirrels fighting over an acorn then that would take the cake.

Seriously these are awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Getting two LAMH Catalyzer animals in the same scene with USC is tough (for me). Just the one squirrel maxed out my graphics card RAM. Thanks for the nice comments!

edited May 2022

Decided to have a quick play with USXT with Lorez People and Secluded island fishing boat. I may go back and substitute in the palm trees.

https://www.daz3d.com/lorenzo-lorez

https://www.daz3d.com/secluded-island

Adrift.png
    994 x 760 - 1M
    Post edited by Tugpsx on
    edited May 2022

@Barbult  are the ferns subs? Also she forgot to remove the lens cap. You may have to do so in post or leave the humor. Cool detail with the nut on the ground and the stump.

Post edited by Tugpsx on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,344

Nice compositions, everyone.

Tugpsx said:

Decided to have a quick play with USXT with Lorez People and Secluded island fishing boat. I may go back and substitute in the palm trees.

https://www.daz3d.com/lorenzo-lorez

https://www.daz3d.com/secluded-island

Uh Oh! He lost is boat and paddle.

edited May 2022

Tugpsx said:

@Barbult  are the ferns subs? Also she forgot to remove the lens cap. You may have to do so in post or leave the humor. Cool detail with the nut on the ground and the stump.

No, no ferns were substituted. The image with the camera and squirrel is the Oaks 10 ecology. The image with the carnivorous plant is the Harpwood 1 ecology.
    There is no lens cap either. What you see is just a reflection in the lens glass. I think the light part of the refection might be clouds in the HDRI.

lens reflection.jpg
    696 x 683 - 124K

Lol good eye. That's what I get for viewing on a mobile device. 

• markusmaternmarkusmatern Posts: 558

Some more results from painting custom height and ecology maps

For all assets used see in the gallery!

markusmatern said:

At first I thought there were two people, but looking closer, I see it is a reflection. You made good use of custom maps. Squirrels seem to be invading USC. One jumped into my render a few days ago!

• markusmaternmarkusmatern Posts: 558

barbult said:

markusmatern said:

At first I thought there were two people, but looking closer, I see it is a reflection. You made good use of custom maps. Squirrels seem to be invading USC. One jumped into my render a few days ago!

The object in the middle is supposed to be the Utah Monolith wink

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,393

For @Tugpsx

@DoctorJellybean That is so awesome and true. There may be tons of nuts arounf and they will still got at each other for one. So much detail love the ferns. apples, lavandar and ivy. nice eco system.

Are you sing a mask with the log or simply placing it over the eco plants? Some blades appear to be growing away from the log. Very nice.

edited May 2022

Now i may have to add a squirrel as the boat thief in this one.

FishermenBass jump2.png
    994 x 760 - 1M
    Post edited by Tugpsx on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,540
    Yep. Standing, Reepicheep-like, on the bow with a rapier at its waist. Hmm. Not sure if that 'Narnia' reference is likely to be widely known outside the UK, but will go with it in hope rather than expectation. Regards, Richard.
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,393

Tugpsx said:

@DoctorJellybean That is so awesome and true. There may be tons of nuts arounf and they will still got at each other for one. So much detail love the ferns. apples, lavandar and ivy. nice eco system.

Are you sing a mask with the log or simply placing it over the eco plants? Some blades appear to be growing away from the log. Very nice.

Thank you.

No mask, I just placed the log over the plants, and used Ultra Scenery Toolbox - Volume II to show the instances and removed the ones poking thru the log.

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,218

richardandtracy said:

Yep. Standing, Reepicheep-like, on the bow with a rapier at its waist. Hmm. Not sure if that 'Narnia' reference is likely to be widely known outside the UK, but will go with it in hope rather than expectation. Regards, Richard.

I got it.  

edited May 2022

butterflyfish said:

richardandtracy said:

I got it.  

Great idea! I went for a small stick and a couple of waving squirrels.

FishermenBass jump2c.png
    990 x 744 - 1M
    Post edited by Tugpsx on

Tugpsx said:

butterflyfish said:

richardandtracy said:

I got it.  

Great idea! I went for a small stick and a couple of waving squirrels.

yes Squirrels add a whole new aspect to the scene.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,540
    Love it. As Barbult says, it really does add something to the scene. Regards, Richard.

Thanks, see how easy you can change a mistake into an adventure. That's one of the beauties of 3D art.

• HighlandHighland Posts: 164

I created this scene with UltraSceneCreator. I used Grassland 3, but turned off most items, such as Aspens, Aspens (young), Daisies, Grass tufts, Long grass, River logs. I also turned off most of the Aspens (seedlings) leaving only a few instances.

After I run UST Mask Builder to add dirt decals under the Elm and do the rebuild, the items I turned off are back on, the ground moved upward, and the random layout of the seedlings I left in the scene changed. I didn't do anything intentionally to have that happen. I am new to UST Volume One. I turned those items off again and lowered the ground, and repositioned my figure for this render. Anyone know what I may be doing wrong?

somewhere_in_wyoming.png
    1280 x 1202 - 5M
    edited May 2022

I'm still playing with the add-ons and there is a lot to be discovered.

ArchTest4.JPG
    1195 x 753 - 81K
    Sharkisland_out.png
    1096 x 760 - 1M
    Post edited by Tugpsx on
    edited May 2022

More ultrascenery goodness.

DenseyRock.JPG
    1089 x 837 - 158K
    Post edited by Tugpsx on
This discussion has been closed.