UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,029

@Artini, nice work adding the clouds. They really add to the scene.

• Anarkia333Anarkia333 Posts: 104
    edited March 2022

Scenery in DAZ was still a bad experience for me.... xD

Still slow, no quality render...

Soo my think was "DAZ is not make for exterior".... I use VUE for that, but price....

ANd, I try UltraScenery, and, WOW!!!!

Man you have make a very nice plugin, not possible I thinked, where all fall, you do it! xD

Speed, nice render, this plugin has all we needed for make with philosophy DAZ: Make render quickly.

Just the Plugin Accelerator no works for me, I try install manually and with DazCentral time render is same... Can you put a manually file pls? 

Post edited by Anarkia333 on
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378

Anarkia333 said:

Soo my think was "DAZ is not make for exterior".... I use VUE for that, but price....

Man you have make a very nice plugin, not possible I thinked, where all fall, you do it! xD

Speed, nice render, this plugin has all we needed for make with philosophy DAZ: Make render quickly.

Just the Plugin Accelerator no works for me, I try install manually and with DazCentral time render is same... Can you put a manually file pls? 

You need to install the accellerator using DIM.  Manual install doesn't work and DAZ Central should never, ever, ever be allowed any where near Ultrascenery. 

Cheers,

Alex. 

alexhcowley said:

Anarkia333 said:

You need to install the accellerator using DIM.  Manual install doesn't work and DAZ Central should never, ever, ever be allowed any where near Ultrascenery. 

Cheers,

Alex. 

Now it is works I don't know why with DazCentral.... xD

The file seem to be : libUltraSceneryAccelerator.dll

Put in Daz folder and Plugins. 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,971

For the curious, I'm working on a new version of my Alien Scenery made to function within UltraScenery, and then also a version for USXT.

I love US/USXT so much!

I have lots of ideas...

Crossroads by the River Spray Forest.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 485K

But "UltraScenery – Landscape Features Volume 1" no works.... xD

I have install manually.

OMG my VISA burn otday with this plugin xD

alexhcowley said:

Anarkia333 said:

Cheers,

Alex. 

You are confusing Daz Central and Daz Connect.

edited March 2022

barbult said:

alexhcowley said:

Anarkia333 said:

Cheers,

Alex. 

You are confusing Daz Central and Daz Connect.

I use Manually install everytime :)

Auto install has many bug everywhere....

Auto install put all everywhere with about more 1000items impossible to find after all... xD 

ARf Australia Botanica - Bundle no works too with manualy install :(

barbult said:

Oso3D said:

Is there an easy way to add an ecology such that the script picks it up as an option?

I'm sure it's been mentioned at some point over the last few hundred posts, but... ;)

For the script to see an ecology, the ecology folder needs to be placed in the same folder as the other UltraScenery ecologies and have all the supporting files like preview, thumbnail, and material.

• Do you mean you want to create your own ecology with plants you choose? I discuss that in my experiments thread. It requires editing JSON files with a text editor.
    • Do you mean you want to mix and match plants from different ecologies to make a new one. UltraScenery Toolbox - Volume II has an Ecology Engineer to do that.
    • Or do you mean something else entirely?

It is oki all my data Ecologye is in, but the script see nothing....

All of "Australia Botanica – Bundle" and "UltraScenery – Ecologies Volume 1" Ecologye folder are in good place, but script see nothing... 

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378

Oso3D said:

For the curious, I'm working on a new version of my Alien Scenery made to function within UltraScenery, and then also a version for USXT.

I love US/USXT so much!

I have lots of ideas...

Will,

This looks truly surreal. It reminds me of the 1960's Beatles movie "Yellow Submarine".

I will be lying in wait with a fully armed credit card.

Cheers,

Alex. 

• I also install manually, and had Australia Botanica work without fault. Not sure what the problem could be.

To see the Australia ecologies, one has to scroll UP, because ecologies are presented alphabetically in the script. The script always opens to the default Grasslands 1. G comes after A, so scroll up and see if Australia is there.

barbult said:

To see the Australia ecologies, one has to scroll UP, because ecologies are presented alphabetically in the script. The script always opens to the default Grasslands 1. G comes after A, so scroll up and see if Australia is there.

i have try impossible to new Ecologie appear in Script I not understand why....

All works nice, UltraScenery and XT version works nice, but new ecologies is invisible in script.... 

Oh Oki I understand...

Script go to C:\.... folder mandatory...

I have all in other drive D:\DAZ....

How can I do for Script go to D and not C???

Install is very difficult!!!

Need DIm, need, manualy sometime, about 8hours for install.... 

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,344

barbult said:

Thanks a lot.

I am amazed, how these clouds can make the image more attractive to me.

edited March 2022

Oki soo all SCRIPT go to C:DAZ mandatory, you can put all everywhere, same script, but script go see to C:.

And Plugin file not included sometime in DAZ store for dowload, this is why all difficult for install.... DIM not mandatory, just he goo put all in C: it is all. but it is the only ways actually to have the File DLL plugin.

Plugin need go to C: DAZ plugins folders.
    SCRIPT can go everywhere, but they go see in C:DAZ/MyLibrary.

Artini said:

barbult said:

Thanks a lot.

I am amazed, how these clouds can make the image more attractive to me.

@Artini I have that cloud bundle, too, but I haven't achieved such nice renders with it yet. Are you using the Iray volumetric cloud versions (with VDB files)? Are you adding a lot of little clouds or scaling up a single cloud? Do you try to put the clouds at a height and distance that real clouds would be, or just move them a lot closer to the scenery?

edited March 2022

One works Test with UltraSceneryUltra Scenery Toolbox - Volume One and XT xD

Nice now it is possible to works with large MAP in DAZ, I don't thing it xas possible, DAZ is make for Render Girls, not Scene large, because technologie Instance and Fractal is needed as VUE or Terragen, but works oki. Man you Win!

Just for Mask it is not clear, need Displacement map, why? It is only mask, difficult to know exactly what is neeed. I think make this panel more simply is better :)

-DAZ can Crash if IRAY PREVIEW if no render and no Map generate with XT
    -Group make problem for regenerate Terrain
    -Install manually difficult because XT go to folder E:\, my folder, and UltraScenery go to C:\ mandatory, and Plugin File DLL is not in Downloaded DAZ Store
    -Flow MAP is regenerate at each Render

Memory is Oki with RTX3060 12go VRAM. Need 11.5go VRAM for 7500*4000 for the picture. It's limit but all is limit now with the probleme GPU in stock, in 2022 we need 24Go, 8 and 12go is very limit.
    Timing render is Oki.

xt1.JPG
    1859 x 1059 - 367K
  • jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 608

I am having the same problem today as another user posted on March 25 in another forum. I installed UltraScenery Creator last week and it created scenes without a problem.  Yesterday, I purchased Accelerator for UltraScenery Creator as well as three add-on landscapes and ecologies.  I installed them this afternoon.   Now, when I run UltraScenery to create a landscape, it stops before ending and when I close it and Daz Studio (4.20.0.2), I get a popup window that DS has crashed.

I checked to make sure that Instancing Optimization was set to Memory but that did not resolve the problem.  Any suggestions on what to try/do next?

Thanks in advance.

Daz crash.jpg
    800 x 289 - 58K

jjoyner said:

I am having the same problem today as another user posted on March 25 in another forum. I installed UltraScenery Creator last week and it created scenes without a problem.  Yesterday, I purchased Accelerator for UltraScenery Creator as well as three add-on landscapes and ecologies.  I installed them this afternoon.   Now, when I run UltraScenery to create a landscape, it stops before ending and when I close it and Daz Studio (4.20.0.2), I get a popup window that DS has crashed.

I checked to make sure that Instancing Optimization was set to Memory but that did not resolve the problem.  Any suggestions on what to try/do next?

Thanks in advance.

First we need some more details of your system:

1. What computer hardware and operating system are you using? If it is a Mac, is it an M1 Mac or older version?
    2. How did you install the Accelerator (DIM, Daz Central, Daz Connect, other?)
    3. If you remove the Accelerator from the plugins folder, does UltraSceneCreator work again (trying to pin the problem down to the Accelerator)?

barbult said:

jjoyner said:

Thanks in advance.

First we need some more details of your system:

1. What computer hardware and operating system are you using? If it is a Mac, is it an M1 Mac or older version?
    3. If you remove the Accelerator from the plugins folder, does UltraSceneCreator work again (trying to pin the problem down to the Accelerator)?

Windows 10 Pro laptop with 16 GB RAM, Nvidia 2060 video card with 6 GB RAM

I install all Daz3D store purchases with DIM.

3.  If you remove the Accelerator from the plugins folder, does UltraSceneCreator work again (trying to pin the problem down to the Accelerator)?

I'll try this and report back.

@jjoyner that all looks good so far, I think. I also use Windows 10 and install with DIM. I'll wait for your report of what happens without the Accelerator, so we know where to focus.

@jjoyner another thought - look at the first post in this thread and see if any of those troublshooting tips apply to you. For example, do you have Octane render installed?

barbult said:

@jjoyner that all looks good so far, I think. I also use Windows 10 and install with DIM. I'll wait for your report of what happens without the Accelerator, so we know where to focus.

I used DIM to uninstall Accelerator, launched Daz Studio, checked to ensure that Instancing Optimization was set to Memory(it wasn’t; it resets to Auto every time Daz Studio is closed and relaunched.), and tried UltraScenery again with the simplest set of features to build (No terrain features, Grassland 1 ecology, no water). The UltraScenery progress bar initially advanced but stopped about 30% of the way along.  After eight minutes of no progress, I closed UltraScenery and Daz Studio.  Upon closing Daz Studio, I again got a popup window that Daz had crashed.

edited March 2022

jjoyner said:

barbult said:

I used DIM to uninstall Accelerator, launched Daz Studio, checked to ensure that Instancing Optimization was set to Memory(it wasn’t; it resets to Auto every time Daz Studio is closed and relaunched.), and tried UltraScenery again with the simplest set of features to build (No terrain features, Grassland 1 ecology, no water). The UltraScenery progress bar initially advanced but stopped about 30% of the way along.  After eight minutes of no progress, I closed UltraScenery and Daz Studio.  Upon closing Daz Studio, I again got a popup window that Daz had crashed.

Decheck 2 Plugins in DAZ Config for see probably one Plugin bug.

2 files is in your folder DAZ C:
    libUltraSceneryXT.dll and libUltraSceneryAccelerator.dll

barbult said:

@jjoyner another thought - look at the first post in this thread and see if any of those troublshooting tips apply to you. For example, do you have Octane render installed?

I read the first post when I discovered this thread last week.  Regarding the tips in the first post:

Ensure you have the latest version of UltraScenery installed (currently that is version 1.3.3.1)

I purchased the UltraScenery Landscape System on March 19 and installed it the same day via DIM.  My version is listed as 1.3.  It ran well until today. How can I get version 1.3.3.1?

If using the Accelerator for UltraScenery ensure it also is the latest version (currently that is version 1.0.2.3)

I purchased the Accelerator for UltraScenery Landscape System on March 28 and installed it the today DIM. It is currently uninstalled so I cannot determine its version number at present. 

Install UltraScenery via DIM instead of SmartContent

DIM is what I used.

Ensure Instance Optimization in the render settings is set to "Memory" or maybe "Auto" but definitely not "Speed"

I set it to Speed now upon launching Daz Studio.

Use a viewport renderer other than "Nvida Iray"

I have Viewport set to Texture Shaded.

Uninstall Octane Render (if convenient) - Octane Render has for some people caused freezes and/or extremely long processing times for UltraScenery

I installed the Octane Render Kit in 2020 but have used it very little short after installing it.  Does Octane cause problems for Accelerator?

Getting a big stack of plants and props in the very center of the scene - that also can be caused by Octane Render and can be resolved by uninstalling Octane.

Ensure any required products are also installed for the addon you're using - find a list below if unsure.

The only UltraScenery add-ons, other that Accelerator, that I have installed are the ones that I purchased yesterday and installed via DIM today – Ecologies Volime 1, Ecologies Volime 2, Landscape Features Volume 1.

yea Remove OCTANE.

Anarkia333 said:

Decheck 2 Plugins in DAZ Config for see probably one Plugin bug.

2 files is in your folder DAZ C:
    libUltraSceneryXT.dll and libUltraSceneryAccelerator.dll

I uninstalled Accelerator about 30 minutes ago and I don't have UltraScenery XT so I currenlty have neither of the DLL files installed.

Anarkia333 said:

yea Remove OCTANE.

Octane did not cause any problems for UltraScenery but is it causing issues for Accelerator?  I have no problem uninstalling Octane since I don't really use it.

jjoyner said:

Anarkia333 said:

yea Remove OCTANE.

Octane did not cause any problems for UltraScenery but is it causing issues for Accelerator?  I have no problem uninstalling Octane since I don't really use it.

I not use Octane, but people here has problem with... 

This discussion has been closed.