Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 8

Comments

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

@ David - thanks :) ...all i can say about your kaleidoscopic experiment renders is wow! ....they look awesome, i can see why you are really interested in them :)

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105
    edited December 1969

Nice renders everyone.

Shuffled a few sliders around on the skin textures and did a little more on the eyes.

hiker-005.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 397K
  • eermusiceermusic Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

Just playing around with 2D plane pics used in 3D Bryce world...
    Comments?

Looking_Back_Beyond_Memory_IMAX.jpg
    1274 x 892 - 846K
    DistantMemoriesofChildhood.jpg
    1274 x 892 - 643K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@electro: Guy does look happier now he has the ax.

@Horo: Thanks for the information.

@Sandy: Guy looks much better now.

@c-ram: That's a real nice scene. It looks very tranquil.

@David: Good information from your latest video, I never knew how to use transparency. Kaleidoscope images are great.

@Tim: Wonderful looking clock.

@eemusic: Welcome to the Bryce forum. Those two images are very interesting. Each has a surreal feel to them.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,540
    edited December 1969

@c-ram - beautiful tree garden. Sorry to hear about your hard drive.

@Tim - clock looks nice.

@eermusic - welcome to this forum. Interesting pictures. Difficult to comment if we don't know what you wanted to achieve.

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

c-ram said:
    Hi everyone. I'd like to wish a merry Christmas to all of you.

Here's one of my latest render with bryce. Sorry for the low resolution but right now I've got trouble with one of my raptor hard drive and I've lost the wide resolution picture.

Hope you like it. All plants from xfrog bundles.

Cheers from France.

Great work as always Marco. Sorry to hear about the HD troubles. I've been running raptors for years now and never had a problem even with ancient ones (touch wood) so you must have had some bad luck.

Here's a new little video Blending HDRI and Bryce sky - by David Brinnen

Thank you David! Aye, bad luck.. but in fact, there is a severe issue with the fourth generation of raptor drives because of a faulty firmware, which caused the drive to report TLER timeouts after roughly 50 days of continuous operation (precisely 49.71 days counted in milliseconds, which corresponds to the overflow of a 32-bit number). The bug has been present in all models of drives shipped, from their introduction up to late 2009. I've buy my drive in 2009 and have got to put it in my trash due to this bug.

Has you know, my renders are all taking several time and a 50 days running my computer is frequent to me.

Now I've got a new one from the latest generation of raptor and there's no issue reported on this type of hard drive.

Oh and talking about renders : very nice shoot with your HDRI kaleidoscopic trick!

Cheers!

edited December 1969

@ C-ram - sorry to hear about your hard drive, this is why i frequently recommend to most people to get them selves a SSD (Solid State Drive).... they have 0 noise, no moving parts, so no noise, but....what ever choice you make i wish you the best of luck, and hope it all works out nicely for you :)

edited December 1969

i thought i would have a break from clocks lol :)

chess.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 93K
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895
    edited December 1969

Hi all, long time no contribution. I've seen wonderful and very interesting renders. Too many to react to.
    Just a render from me that has been waiting in my laptop to finally get submitted. I could not get the waves as nice as I wanted (and I tried many options). If someone can do it, I am very willing to share my Bryce file to see how it is done!

Name: island

newmountain3a2.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 1M
    edited December 1969

i though i would share this also :)

Statue.jpg
    1000 x 1206 - 116K
  • Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 500
    edited December 1969

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all!
    Nice to see so many Bryce images - especially like c-ram's and David B's last landscapes.

Here's my last (at least for a while, LOL) Genesis 2 image. Much less of a pin-up style then my others.

It uses Stonemason's "The Ministry" warehouse model (his stuff is so much fun!); Drawbridgedeep's Sci-Fi vehicle and OOT's hair and clothes.

Rendered at 64 RPP with TA about 6 hours to render.

Thanks for looking!

warehouse_final.jpg
    700 x 1000 - 316K
  • c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

@ C-ram - sorry to hear about your hard drive, this is why i frequently recommend to most people to get them selves a SSD (Solid State Drive).... they have 0 noise, no moving parts, so no noise, but....what ever choice you make i wish you the best of luck, and hope it all works out nicely for you :)

I've buy a new raptor for my saved files, I have also a ssd for my system.

Your last renders are great, I appreciate the chess game in particular.

@ Gussnemo : thank you!

@ Horo : thanks a lot! this is not properly a garden but some swamp, at this resolution it's difficult to see all details in the scene. Right now I've to render it again at the right size.

@ Danwhiteside : nice model and great image, I really like it!

• goofygrmom3goofygrmom3 Posts: 160
    edited December 1969

Looks like everyone has been very busy. Super renders.

I must admit to be partial to the K-scopes David. Especially that first one.

edited December 1969

I thought i would try something a bit abstract :)

Abstract_DNA.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 113K
    edited December 1969

I would hate to run into this guy in a dark alley :)

T1.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 81K
    edited December 2014

@Tim - nice chess statue and abstract renders. The chap with the red eyes is quite a nice guy if you know him socially. He's just difficult to see in a dark alley. :lol:

@hansmar - nice terrain and water isn't bad if viewed small. What you can try is copy the terrain, invert it, give it the water material and put it under the terrain. It's a bit tricky. Here are examples I made this way Straits-Overcast, Straits-Panorama and Cliff-Evening.

@Dan - the pose and facial expression of the lady are absolutely great, no room to make it better.

Post edited by Horo on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited December 1969

Lovely renders from everyone especially like the landscape one by c-ram :-)

A few examples of kaleidoscopes.

After viewing Horo’s Why you should consider exporting your renders as HDRI I got into the habit of exporting most of my abstracts as Hdris and these came handy as I used them as the backdrop for the kaleidoscopes.

hdri_kaleidoscope10.jpg
    600 x 600 - 70K
    hdri_kaleidoscope6.jpg
    600 x 600 - 112K
    hdri_kaleidoscope4.jpg
    600 x 600 - 87K
    Hdri_kaleidoscope2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 137K
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Treescape... Don't know who that is in the forest... Hope they aren't lost, looks like it's about to get dark.

CedarForestALT.jpg
    1111 x 500 - 322K
    edited December 1969

Neat abstract Tim. And I love that skull!

Cool K-scopes Mermaid. The aqua one is very pretty. But my fav is the yellow/orange one. It looks like a bunch of little faces.

That forest looks a bit eerie Savage. I sure hope that guy isn't lost.

edited December 1969

@Dan: would be a nice lady if she smiled; she looks great, but angry.

@Tim: your abstract makes me think of blood. Must be the colour. And I would certainly not want to meet your guy.

@Horo: Thanks. I did see a tutorial on that and your examples look great. However, what I wanted is the effect of water rising up between the rocks and ending in a splash and not a full line of white around the island. If you have a suggestion for that, let me know.

@Mermaid: You make me dizzy with these renders; nice work.

@Savage: wonderful landscape. You could have put some grass in it, at least in the foreground?

edited December 1969

Hello all,

New render of a treeline with a deer and many plants. Thanks to Slepalex (at DeviantArt) that finally made me understand how to instance grouped objects with limited growth of the file size. And he gave some good advice on preventing long render times by not using TA in some cases (but radial fill light instead).
    Total objects (including lights, etc.): 877.
    Includes: NgPlant trees and bushes, Marvelous Design made grass, some plants from Plant Studio and a freebie deer.

among_the_trees.jpg
    695 x 695 - 596K
    edited December 1969

Pretty forest scene Hansmar.

edited December 1969

@Tim Bateman: Really like that chess set, and statue. Abstract looks like a molecule model, nice. Skeleton looking guy is also real nice.

@hansmar: Island is real nice, as if the water. Tree line is also really nice.

@dan: Latest scene is really good, she looks like she doesn't take lip from anyone. Also like the structure you have her in.

@mermaid: Kaleidoscopes are marvelous, love the colors and patterns.

edited December 1969

@mermaid010 - nice "kaleidiscopic" renders.

@Dave - bery nice forest.

@hansmar - very nice vegetation. I agree, Alexey really knows how to do them.

edited December 1969

here is some more jewelry :) ....also im working on a scene based on the original Disney's 20 000 leagues under the sea movie, I will also share that when I have finished aswell :)

Ruby_Ring.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 182K
    edited December 1969

Awesome ring Tim. Reminds me of the ones my great-aunt used to wear.

edited December 1969

@Dave: I forgot to complement you on your forest, nice work.

@Tim Bateman: Beautiful ring. The results your getting for you jewelery renders are really photo like.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Just messing around with the skin maps from the DS figures...heh he...and trying to recreate the 'Tears in Rain' Blade Runner (YouTube clip) scene...you know the one ;) Nothing much to do over the hols, except watch repeats...sigh.

"I’ve seen things you people wouldn't believe.
    Attacked ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
    I watched sea-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.
    All those moments will be lost in time...like tears in rain.
    Time…to die."

Jay

RoyBatty.jpg
    917 x 512 - 528K
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105
    edited December 1969

Some very nice renders again.

Messing about with mist fog and water. The bird was just for scale. Leaving it out and the rock becomes an island of indeterminate size so also an example of scale and perspective and how objects can be made to 'look' larger or smaller with the correct choice of elements.

eagle-island-001.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 316K
  • eermusiceermusic Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

Working with 2D circles in Bryce for "energy" effect

SlidingBetweenDimensions.jpg
    1274 x 892 - 928K
This discussion has been closed.