Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 8

Comments

• eermusiceermusic Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

Happy New Year to all! Just playing with dragons . . .

DragonLands.jpg
    1274 x 892 - 875K
  • Old StuffOld Stuff Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

concept renders for myself for other stuffs im working on,, after this render was done, i cleaned up some of the oddities i saw, and started it roaring for another rending, so i did a little post to the render i had to play around. model was an obj export of a V4 pose I had just to eyeball scale. Recently round MakeHuman, hope to use it for the final renders.

happy new year!

SeribralsCortex-Core.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 715K
    SiribralsCortex.jpg
    1000 x 516 - 544K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@David: Real nice abstract, love the colors. And I'll go for the blue cheese.

@eermusic: Neat looking image.

@DaemonKnight: Real nice image and interesting idea.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,540
    edited December 1969

@eermusic - some of the dragies look quite hungry with their open mouths.

@DaemonKnight - interesting setup, looks like some sort of a digital room.

Since everyone is so enthusiastic about anaglyphs and hansmar probably found his glasses, here's another one. 90% of the 3/4 hours used to render were spent AA-ing.

Hose_Ana1.jpg
    533 x 800 - 134K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

...in the mean time, learning how to model in Modo... That's my holiday treat.

This lurker, for one, noticed your absence.

When someone who's a very good candidate for being the best Brycer evah (plus prolific advisor, advocate, vendor, developer, etc) spends his precious spare time learning another program - it may be a sign of the end times.

Modo seems like a great choice, David. Looks to have a fine commercial momentum to ensure continued development (cripes, I nearly added "going forward"). Wish I could afford* dropping a grand to join you on your adventure.

Happy New Year to you and all fellow Brycers!

*psst, nobody tell Len, or he'll realise I'm not as posh as he thinks I am. ;-)

Aye well, I've spent the last ten years or so fixing peoples washing machines, cookers, dishwasher, vacs, pluming, wiring, digging trenches, fitting kitchens and laying blocks... and that's fine, but it is always dependent on having a continual stream of work - which is rarely the case. Often it is big gaps and then competing jobs and then customers get grumpy because you are not getting on with their job - but given that you don't know when the next job is going come along - you can't really turn away the work.

Experience in my day job has shown again and again that it is worth spending money on good tools and in the long run they will give a return on the investment. So yes, Modo is expensive, but it is a good tool. And hopefully will let me get into a position where I am not living hand to mouth from one job to the next. Realistically, I can't see that being possible with Bryce. I looked at a lot of software, tried the trial of Modo and then waited till it was on offer. It was still a hefty £600. But I've spent that on a piece of electrical test equipment before (and sold it on again afterwards once the job was done).

There's still things to do in Bryce, but I'm getting too long in the tooth now to spend my days digging trenches (in spite of it being my one true talent - maybe thanks to my Irish blood?).

But I don't think you could do this in Modo... so there is still room for more Bryce.

HDRI_test_scene8.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 1M
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

...in the mean time, learning how to model in Modo... That's my holiday treat.

This lurker, for one, noticed your absence.

When someone who's a very good candidate for being the best Brycer evah (plus prolific advisor, advocate, vendor, developer, etc) spends his precious spare time learning another program - it may be a sign of the end times.

Modo seems like a great choice, David. Looks to have a fine commercial momentum to ensure continued development (cripes, I nearly added "going forward"). Wish I could afford* dropping a grand to join you on your adventure.

Happy New Year to you and all fellow Brycers!

*psst, nobody tell Len, or he'll realise I'm not as posh as he thinks I am. ;-)

Aye well, I've spent the last ten years or so fixing peoples washing machines, cookers, dishwasher, vacs, pluming, wiring, digging trenches, fitting kitchens and laying blocks... and that's fine, but it is always dependent on having a continual stream of work - which is rarely the case. Often it is big gaps and then competing jobs and then customers get grumpy because you are not getting on with their job - but given that you don't know when the next job is going come along - you can't really turn away the work.

Experience in my day job has shown again and again that it is worth spending money on good tools and in the long run they will give a return on the investment. So yes, Modo is expensive, but it is a good tool. And hopefully will let me get into a position where I am not living hand to mouth from one job to the next. Realistically, I can't see that being possible with Bryce. I looked at a lot of software, tried the trial of Modo and then waited till it was on offer. It was still a hefty £600. But I've spent that on a piece of electrical test equipment before (and sold it on again afterwards once the job was done).

There's still things to do in Bryce, but I'm getting too long in the tooth now to spend my days digging trenches (in spite of it being my one true talent - maybe thanks to my Irish blood?).

But I don't think you could do this in Modo... so there is still room for more Bryce.

smart move - yes it time to move where there's money to be made .
    Wish you the very best .

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited January 2015

Happy New Year to everyone...

... Great to see all the great renders pouring in.

Here's my first contributions for 2015.

PurpleChop.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 356K
    PurpleChop2.jpg
    960 x 540 - 281K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
    edited January 2015

bigh said:

smart move - yes it time to move where there's money to be made .
    Wish you the very best .

Thank you. Well, we'll see... Anyway I think one of the things about Bryce users is that they like to make everything for themselves, which is great, and commendable, and I've seen a quarter of a million views on my youtube - which shows there is still a lot of interest. However, if you have Bryce and you have the time and inclination to do so, you can, HDRI aside, more or less make everything you could want within Bryce without needing to open up another piece of software. Which is again, great, but also a bit of a drawback in other respects.

And even with Octane at my fingertips there are still rendering effects that Bryce is better at. Which may or may not surprise some people, depending on their understanding of the render engines involved.

HDRI_test_scene4.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 730K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

In the next month or so I'm due a new Mac and I've been looking at Cinema 4D to run on it.
    I'll still be keeping this old laptop so I can still use Bryce though.

Bryce has more than returned the investment I've put into it over the years (both in money and time), but people's sophistication in their demands is getting beyond what I can realistically offer (for commercial work) in Bryce and sooner or later I'm going to have to offer more to my clients to keep up with those demands. I'm really not looking forward to starting from scratch with new software but I've got 3 videos to do in the next few months and that last one, though a lot of fun to do in Bryce was quite a headache at times and there were things I wanted to do that would have just taken too long.

After 20 years of using Bryce, i still get that excited anticipation of opening a new document and not knowing what I'm going to render yet and this community and all the generous help that people like David and Horo offer is what gives Bryce the added bonus and value.
    That people love Bryce so much that they keep overcoming the frustration of it's quirks and keep presenting wonderfully inspirational renders always make it a pleasure to log in here.

edited December 1969

In the next month or so I'm due a new Mac and I've been looking at Cinema 4D to run on it.
    I'll still be keeping this old laptop so I can still use Bryce though.

Bryce has more than returned the investment I've put into it over the years (both in money and time), but people's sophistication in their demands is getting beyond what I can realistically offer (for commercial work) in Bryce and sooner or later I'm going to have to offer more to my clients to keep up with those demands. I'm really not looking forward to starting from scratch with new software but I've got 3 videos to do in the next few months and that last one, though a lot of fun to do in Bryce was quite a headache at times and there were things I wanted to do that would have just taken too long.

After 20 years of using Bryce, i still get that excited anticipation of opening a new document and not knowing what I'm going to render yet and this community and all the generous help that people like David and Horo offer is what gives Bryce the added bonus and value.
    That people love Bryce so much that they keep overcoming the frustration of it's quirks and keep presenting wonderfully inspirational renders always make it a pleasure to log in here.

Aye it is a painful process learning a new interface, that's the thing, Modo is work, Bryce is fun.

HDRI_test_scene10.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 735K
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105
    edited December 1969

TheSavage64

It's a long while since I used Cinema4D, on an Amiga 1200 :-), so it has probably come a long way since then but I always found Bryce easier to use. As you say though, like the Amiga OS it isn't keeping up with the times and for commercial work it has, like the Amiga, more of a cult following of enthusiast keeping it alive and kicking.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 871
    edited December 1969

Thank you all for their comments to my picture with the procedural grass.

@Sean Riesch
    @hansmar: I am sorry my answer is so late, but David has already answered it (Thanks for that). I made exactly the same, how he explains it in his video http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/46937/P1125

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

you must have read my mind Dave :)

Motor_Bike.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 201K
    edited December 1969

@Horo: I forgot to comment on the great work you did on that Menger sponge anaglyph, it seemed to be floating in front of my monitor. And your latest anaglyph is really nice.

@David: Newest abstracts are very pretty, love the colors.

@Dave/Tim Bateman: You both have great looking chopper images.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited January 2015

Nice one, Daemon...kinda like the Matrix.

Great anaglyph, Horo, the square one was super.

Ah, bikes...what can I say...Vrooom, vrooom ;)

Below, a surfer dude (ah, good old days, when I could ride a board). The hex-bokeh (booleans) were manually put in for effect.

Title: 'Waiting for the next one'.

Jay

Surfer.jpg
    1603 x 818 - 760K
    Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited December 1969

@Jay: Hope the dude doesn't have to wait too long. Nice one.

goofygrmom3 had a problem creating one of the components for Cloud City and me being me, I gave that component a try; you can see my results in the Boolean thread she created. I didn't stop there, though, I worked through the tutorial and came up with the image below. It's okay, not great, but works. Right now.

CCF_9.jpg
    1080 x 810 - 130K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited January 2015

An awesome array of renders starting the New Year, very inspiring.

An animation Horo's gigantic wide angle lens - an animation within a lightprobe made in Bryce - by David Brinnen.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/504192120758080133/

More Kaleidoscopes Thanks David and Horo

multi1a.jpg
    850 x 850 - 129K
    kal4a.jpg
    850 x 850 - 166K
    kal2a.jpg
    850 x 850 - 185K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited December 1969

@Dave - bike looks great.

@David - nice abstract.

@Tim - not the same bike as Dave's but looking great, too. How about modeling the bike yourself like this guy did Serow XT225?

@Jamie - thank you. You've finished the tutorial, the result is very good.

@Jay - thank you. This must be in a time long gone, nowadays surfer play with their smart phones until the next wave comes - surfing squared, so to speak.

@mermaid010 - very nice abstracts, the first is my favorite; the animation looks great.

edited December 1969

Cheers, Horo...and sometimes with their tablets, too ;)

Thanks, Guss...and love that futuristic cloud scene (reminiscent of the game Bioshock Infinite ). Coincidentally, I had been doing a balloon render like yours..., two great minds think alike ;-P

Mermaid, I liked your second kleidoscope image that for fun wondered what it would look like in a 3D format...setting for a Super Mario city, me thinks heh he.

Jay

Ball-Mount.jpg
    1200 x 801 - 581K
    mer-kleid.jpg
    1573 x 857 - 544K
    edited December 1969

all of the recent renders are just amazing! truly great work :)

@ Horo - thanks and i would love to model my own bike from scratch, but doing detailed work like that i wouldn't no where to start :)

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
    edited December 1969

Happy new year! Great renders, all!

@eermusic: Welcome to the forum and interesting concept with the dragons. I'd hate to be in the water right now.

@DaemonKnight: I like the idea! Have we entered the matrix? :)

@Horo: Alright, I've gotta find my 3d glasses. I love anaglyphs and your shape looks really interesting!

@David: Nice abstracts.The first reminds me of blown glass being stretched. I like the amber colors in the third.

@Dave/Tim: Nice work on the bikes.

@Jay: Good job. Hopefully there are no sharks in them waters. Interesting terrain experiment in your last post. Cool colors.

@Guss: Your version of cloud city is great. I really like it.

@mermaid: I like the kaleidoscopes. The first is my favorite.

I've modified my last render to incorporate some mountains and a lighthouse.

Pier5.jpg
    1280 x 768 - 453K
  • eermusiceermusic Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

I am still playing with importing DAZ Studio figures as Wavefront objects to add action to Bryce landscapes.

TimeToLeaveLavaPlanet.jpg
    1274 x 892 - 962K
    edited January 2015

Cheers, Fencepost...did in fact think about, you know, one of those 'shark-silhouttes-in-the-wave-about-to-bite-the-surfer-dude' render, but the gore, the gore of it all :vampire:

Love that last work...phew. They say 'less is more' and you've defintely achieved that here...great light, colors and setting.

Nice surreal work, eermusic. Getting used to manipulating the various joints with figures in DS I also find a bit daunting, but learning all the time.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited December 1969

@mermaid: Great looking kaleidoscopes, love the colors in the first one.

@Horo: Thank you.

@Jay: Thanks. First image is awesome, love the look and all the colors. Really like the look of the second one. Balloon is a real nice touch; hope it stays inflated.

@fencepost: Beautiful image, everything works so well together.

@eermusic: Wonderful looking image, love the surreal look.

edited December 1969

@ guss - after seeing your cloud city scene it has inspired me to try the tutorial myself, I will post my results very shortly when it has finished rendering.

PS, your scene turned out looking amazing, great job :)

edited December 1969

here is the finished render :)

Cloud_City_Tutorial.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 110K
  • goofygrmom3goofygrmom3 Posts: 160
    edited December 1969

Happy New Year!

Awesome renders.

Love the K-scopes.

And I must admit to still being frustrated over the Could City. Tim and Guss, you both did super jobs. I've put that tut aside for now. I'm working my way thru the tut that was posted in this thread. Thanks for that link. I'll post some results when I have something worth posting.

I'm not giving up, Guss, I'm just not making myself crazy over it now.

edited December 1969

@Tim: What a marvelous job you did with that tutorial, I'm envious of your clouds. Clouds are just a few of the things I never seem to get the way I want. Do you have a secret to your cloud success? I'd love to know if you do.

@goofy: Thank you. Glad you're only setting it aside for now, it is a fun one to work. I saw there are ready made city elements which can be imported into the object library, but I chose instead to create each of those elements. I learn very little by pulling things from the object library.

edited December 1969

@Jay - first render looks a bit like through a microscope, very nice. The balloon render looks great, too.

@Art - nice sunset or sunrise scene.

@eermusic - interesting surreal scene.

@Tim - congratulation on finishing the tute.

edited December 1969

@ Guss - thank you, and no there is no secrete, I just set a diffuse color i liked and turned the quality up to i think 80-90 :) ...i can post some images of the settings i used if you would like to see that ?

This discussion has been closed.