Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 8

Comments

• goofygrmom3goofygrmom3 Posts: 160
    edited December 1969

Y'all have been very busy while I've been working on those darned booleans. I think I have a better handle on them now thanks to the tut that Chris333 wrote. I love the pyramids. Now I feel that I can go back and tackle that cloud city. Thanks for the great tut.

I did this whole render in Bryce. I even managed to save the aliens from DAZ to import the objects. I added a beam from an animation I did and my name in Paint shop pro.

Thanks for looking.

PryamidsAliens01042015.jpg
    800 x 600 - 120K
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,346
    edited December 1969

As a (virtually) brand newbie with Bryce, I've been working through some of David's "Bryce Made Easy" video tutorials - an awful lot of stop/start/replay to follow them due to my ineptitude with Bryce as yet! - but I've been really enjoying them. I thought I'd like to post a few of my results here (someone invited me to chip in, a few pages back).
    The first is from the Basic Mirrored Box tutorial, then a couple from the Abstract Recipe 1 tutorial.

Abstract-Recipe-1-B.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 131K
    Abstract-Recipe-1-A.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 151K
    Basic-Mirrored-Box-Tut.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 186K
    edited January 2015

The next group are from the Kaleidoscope tutorial - I'm mesmerised by the way the rendered result can be so different with just small changes in skylab and/or materials settings. These are all the same scene with identical camera position but with:

1. Basic "Red Sunset" sky from the Sunrise Sunset series (came with Bryce installers I believe)
    2. IBL Japanese Blossoms.hdr (another from the Bryce installers) - and suddenly those regular hexagons have radically changed shape
    3. IBL BITH.hdr from Horo's "Bryce Made" set (also seems to have come with Bryce installers) - totally different feel again to this
    4. IBL from smartIBL Archive website "Milky Way"
    5. For the last one I saved the render from the Basic Mirrored Box tutorial (in my previous post) as .hdr then fed it back into the Kaleidoscope - amazing! (Well, maybe it's totally boring, but I was amazed to be able to do it)

I've also cut these images down into tiling blocks which I plan to use for fabric texturing in DAZ Studio (that's a bit more within my comfort zone!)

ETA: Oops, wrong sequence - Number 1 got behind Number 2 in the pics below.

Kaleidoscope-IBL-PMBox.jpg
    768 x 768 - 511K
    Kaleidoscope-IBL-MilkyWay-A.jpg
    384 x 384 - 131K
    Kaleidoscope-IBL-BITH-A.jpg
    384 x 384 - 211K
    Kaleidoscope-IBL-JapaneseBlossoms-A.jpg
    384 x 384 - 183K
    Kaleidoscope-Sky-SunriseSunset-A.jpg
    384 x 384 - 178K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
    edited December 1969

Beautiful abstracts Melanie. I'm partial to the very first one.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

and here is another car render :)

M_1.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 165K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited December 1969

Tim- all your render are very nicely done. My fav is the cloud city one and the car

David- awesome space scene

Goofygrmom –lovely render seeing your work I think I will try Cris’s tutorial.

Melanie -Beautiful abstracts and the experiments with the kaleidoscopes.

A render using the gemstone pack

scene0.jpg
    600 x 800 - 56K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,540
    edited December 1969

@goofygrmom3 - I like the LGM (little green men), nicely done.

MelanieL said:
    I'm mesmerised by the way the rendered result can be so different with just small changes in skylab and/or materials settings.

Yeah - that's why I "hate" them. Once I start with those darn abstracts, I can't stop anymore, and deciding which of the nearly infinite iteration should be the one to keep. The very first one looks almost like frozen flowers. The second set has mostly "tiles". All look very nice.

@Tim - nice Mercedes.

@mermaid010 - what a great idea to make vases, and the colours are great.

edited December 1969

@ Mermaid, thank you, all of your recent renders are wonderful also :)

@ Horo, thank you :)

I will have another one shortly, it is of the "angkor wat" temple model :)

edited December 1969

and here is the finished render "Angkor Wat Temple" :)

Angkor_Wat_Temple.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 461K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Great scene Tim, though there seems to be some light getting into places where my brains think it should not be getting. An illusion perhaps?

Horo and I press on with the decidedly tricky and time consuming challenge of hand crafting HDRI for space. It is not an idle claim to say that to a significant extent my office is being kept warm by my PC being run under stress.

This scene all rendered in one go demonstrates the technique developed for the Kaleidoscopic renders in the HDRI 4 fun set, which allows a single scene to be rendered with two FOV's in one go. So the foreground elements have a narrow FOV and the stars a wider one along with a re-direction of the horizon downwards. All done with lenses - of course!

Alien_pillars5.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 682K
    edited January 2015

Here's a before and after showing the "star packing" lens in action.

Edit: that gives me an idea...

Oct_back_test_in_bryce2.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 676K
    Oct_back_test_in_bryce2without.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 628K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited December 1969

It's full of stars!

Oct_back_test_in_bryce3.jpg
    850 x 850 - 414K
    edited December 1969

@Tim - temple looks nice.

@David - seems you're having fun. Back to work for me.

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @Tim - temple looks nice.

@David - seems you're having fun. Back to work for me.

I'm blessed with being easily amused.

Stargate_thingy1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 453K
    edited December 1969

Thanks Mermaid and Horo. That little green man from DAZ just happens to share my hubby's name - Walter. LOL

There are so many new renders it's hard to keep up.

I love that car render. Looks like it should be in a showroom.

I find the space scenes very interesting.

• eermusiceermusic Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

and here is the finished render "Angkor Wat Temple" :)

@Tim: Holy crap! You did all this in Bryce!? It looks incredible! Bravo.

More renders coming . . . working nowadays on getting my ambient music studio up-to-date to record soon.
    Anyone want to download a free sample of my earlier work, go here:
    https://archive.org/search.php?query=creator:"SourceCodeX"

back to Google . . .

edited December 1969

another render for the day :)

Star_Ring.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 151K
  • c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Another try to fake Vue render with bryce by using instance function (not instancing lab)

All trees and plants from xfrog bundles. Ivy generator to cover the ground. I've only use the sun to light up this scene and a spotlight for the reverse angle on the foreground.

The original picture is shoot at 3000 pixels wide.

Hope you like it.

Green_Stream.jpg
    1700 x 1100 - 2M
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895
    edited December 1969

@David Brinnen: a set of wonderful sci-fi rocket scenes. You should go into the movies.

@Tim Bateman: nice renders; great watch and cool crystals. Stylish car render too.

@goofygrmom3: nice style: aliens in the sky with pyramids (sounds like a Beatles song)

@MelanieL: Lovely abstracts and kaleidoscope work. I really love the first abstract you showed.

@mermaid010: your vases come out a bit vague/unsharp. Why is that?

@c-ram: I see you've been on holiday to the bush and took a photo. I guess in far away Renderland?

edited December 1969

LOL @ hansmar. Thanks. If the Beatles can have a yellow submarine, I can have pyramids in the sky.

edited December 1969

Thanks, goofygrmom3, mermaid010, Horo and hansmar (I rather liked the jewel-like way the first one came out myself.)
    @Tim Bateman - impressive ring.

edited December 1969

just a experiment render, i might try to make this into a scene though :)

Star_Destroyer.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 78K
    edited December 1969

@im - nice ring, nice experimental render.

@c-ram - this is one of the most stunning landscapes I've everr seen made in Bryce. It's not only the choice of vegetation, also how it is arranged, like in nature. Really, Marco, this shows that you're a master.

edited December 1969

I thought this would look interesting to render, and here it is :)

Helmet.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 87K
    edited January 2015

c-ram said:
    Another try to fake Vue render with bryce by using instance function (not instancing lab)

All trees and plants from xfrog bundles. Ivy generator to cover the ground. I've only use the sun to light up this scene and a spotlight for the reverse angle on the foreground.

The original picture is shoot at 3000 pixels wide.

Hope you like it.

Impressive as ever and a labour of love clearly.

Here's a little something from me, another tool to add to add to your toolbox which you never know when it might come in handy.

The "magical" space compression lens system - by David Brinnen

Images feature before and after.

Star_lens2.jpg
    850 x 850 - 466K
    Star_lens1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 408K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited December 1969

Modified version of the model made by Peter Stammbach in this Modo tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg-Dimpm8xE

P1_test1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 614K
  • c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

@Horo : I'm just an humble user with good eyes to reproduce nature and with a lot of patience too. Thank you very much, I'll send you by mail the render at wide side to let you appreciate all the details. Oh! and I've forgot to mention that in august, I'm making an exposition of my renders in a show room in my town.

@Hansmar : yes I've made a trip in the back of my mind to pick up this idea, construct it and then render it.

@David : thank you, I'm trying to get better and better each time I'm making a new scene.

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    edited December 1969

Apples and apricots

Bryce 7 Pro. Render Premium 16 rpp. Time 26 hours.
    The main source of light Radial Light with soft shadows, additional - off-camera Sphere Dome Light and another Sphere Dome Light to create the effect of GI.
    Modeling: Bryce, 3dsMAX, Sculptris, Wings 3D.
    This is my next work. Please critically evaluate and make comments.

Яблоки_и_абрикосы.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 433K
  • CTippettsCTippetts Posts: 162
    edited December 1969

@goofygrmom3 - Wow ... you're sure off to a running start. The little green men are cool additions to the scene, and pull it all together. Keep sending your work.

@MelanieL - Your abstracts are amazing ... inspiring.

@hansmar - I love all the colors in your abstract. Shiney!

@Tim Bateman - What other tools went into your astounding car, jewelry, and temple? Surely we're not talking all primitives, Booleans, and material lab. Teach us, please.

@mermaid010 - When you get a new toy, you sure know how to make others want to play with it.

@c-ram - Excellent use of haze and fog, and great vegetation placement. Very realistic scene ... wall mountable.

@slepalex - Nice, NICE still-life. I love the realism added by the worm holes in the apple and blemishes on the citrus. If I have to be critical, as you ask, I'd say the table could use some Olde English, Pledge, or at least Endust. If anything detracts from realism, it's the wall behind ... too abstract or futuristic for the scene. I love the citrus tree. All-in-all, nicely composed, as well ... wall mountable.

@David Brinnen - That first spaceship you built sure is getting a lot of good use. How many parsecs does it have on it now? Still looks as good as when it left the showroom. I imagine it will be seen in a shot with some of your new space toys. In the meantime, I'm trying to study your video on making a good grassy material. Youtube keeps screwing with me, though. Oh, your dog looks well loved, too.

@Horo - Once again, I found horo.ch VERY useful this week. THANK YOU!

When I started into Bryce, I also downloaded DAZ Studio 2.3 the same day. Though I had lots of fun with Bryce 5.5, I never really got into DAZ Studio. However, over the years, I downloaded a lot of "freebies". I had forgotten how many I had downloaded. Despite all the downloads, the only real use of DAZ Studio I made was for Victoria models to add to Bryce scenes. (Also, she was the only one I had any clothes for).

Part of the problem was DAZ Studio "lost" the add-ons, and any time I went into it, Victoria was all that was there to play with. I installed them in the proper directories, but they didn't show in the content trees, except for when I first installed them.

I remember playing with the Babies, thinking I was going to make one of those cute dancing babies videos, but I never figured out Studio enough to even get started on that. Stills of virtual babies aren't even very cute. I also tried the teens, but felt like a pervert, since I had no clothes for them, and Vicky's clothes and hair wouldn't fit. So I was kind of glad when they disappeared from the content trees.

After looking here on the DAZ web site at my download history, I decided to find some of that stuff. I found out I could delete the existing content tree, and force DAZ Studio to do a content search. Low and behold, it's all there. This time I unchecked the box, so it offers to search for content each time I start DAZ Studio, now.

I'm still a total newb at DAZ Studio, but I was able to export this Emoticon guy as an OBJ, and load it into Bryce 5.5 for this scene and render. The words are symmetrical lattices. I used PSP 8 to make the black and dark grey word "terrains" for the lattices. The wallpaper was from a house I once lived in. I found a photo of it, and used PSP 8 to make a seamless tile of the wallpaper, which I pasted into the material editor for the walls. If you look at the reflections in the word bubbles, you'll see he is in an empty room with no doors or windows. Next time I'll give one some furniture, at least.

Because I used soft shadows, my old XP machine took 7:28:34 to render this in Bryce 5.5. My father's Windoze 8 machine was in use when I started this, so I couldn't take the OBJ over to it on a thumb drive for use in Bryce 7.1, but I bet it would have been a lot quicker. I also used PSP 8 to convert it to JPG for this upload, (Bryce 5.5 doesn't offer JPG export, though 7.1 does.)

I hope it will perhaps make someone giggle, or at least grin.

EmotiguyDrunkTooMany_1.jpg
    1760 x 922 - 982K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Tim: Your work is simply amazing. That chess set is really something, as are the other images.

@David: Love the results of your space scenes. Neat trick with the lens.

@mermaid: Nice anaglyph, though in the second one the cyan looks to be off to the left when I view the object. And those are wonderful bottles.

@Goofgrmom: Looks like you're getting the hang of Bryce. That's a real nice start.

@hansmar: Love the colors you used in that abstract.

Melanie: You're getting really nice results following the tutorials.

@c-ram: That is a gorgeous scene. The vegetation and haze are exactly like a person would expect of a place like that.

@slepalex: What a lovely scene.

@CTippetts: Cute looking Emoticon guy.

This discussion has been closed.