Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 8

Comments

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

c-ram said:
    Another try to fake Vue render with bryce by using instance function (not instancing lab)

All trees and plants from xfrog bundles. Ivy generator to cover the ground. I've only use the sun to light up this scene and a spotlight for the reverse angle on the foreground.

The original picture is shoot at 3000 pixels wide.

Hope you like it.

C-Ram, you've gone above and beyond once again. The vegetation models are very good, the scene arrangement is quite natural looking. You've even made the ivy look really nice. As a fake Vue render I'd say it hits the mark spot on. Brilliant work as always from you.

Tim Bateman
    Your skill with Bryce, all manner of subjects is really quite expansive. You REALLY know what you're doing and it shows in upload after upload. Amazing.

SlepAlex,
    You are another one of those artists whose work I really look forward to seeing. In a dream world Bryce would be the number 1 Hollywood scene environment generator and you and C-Ram would be the go to guys for a truly awesome looking complex scenario. Your still lives are always perfect, models, textures, placement, lighting. I'm impressed to say the least.

David Brinnen,
    You're having fun it seems with Bryce these last few entries and that is good to see. Technical studies are fun but actual art is even more fun. These images would have been totally mind blowing from Bryce just a few years ago, but today in the right hands we know this type of output is possible.

Horo
    I've got a whole list of things to tell you over at Bryce5.com. For here I'll just say that now more than ever, I'm convinced you have unlimited abilities with Bryce. I don't think there is a single situation for which you don't have at least a starting notion of what to do.

goofygrmom3
    Clearly, you've got aliens on your mind. This scene seems almost like a dream sequence.

ElectroElvis,
    The lady is quite tall, but I still like the overall impression. Hopefully you will develop this into a street corner or something similar. I also REALLY REALLY like the scene of the kid doing a flip...wowzers. Really smart choices from you in every aspect from staging to lighting to materials to posing. Picture perfect.

mx42b
    VERY NICE looking Victoria! Even the morph and posing are great. Really well defined mood based on the lighting. Excellent!

eermusic,
    Don't you know how dangerous it is to post images of flying saucers that might actually look real? I really like the light and shadow from the iphone pic and the simple yet fitting flying saucer reflecting the environment.

Mermaid
    You are another one who's skills are REALLY noteworthy. I love everything you're making.

Orbital
    WHOA! Seriously amazing.

Keep up the amazing Bryce rendering everyone!

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

@ Rashad Carter, thank you...that's very kind of you to say, a compliment like that from someone with your skill and talent I appreciate that very much :)

edited December 1969

CTippetts said:
    @Tim Bateman - What other tools went into your astounding car, jewelry, and temple? Surely we're not talking all primitives, Booleans, and material lab. Teach us, please.

no other tools were used, i did not make those models, simply just imported them into Bryce, the texturing i did myself as well as the lighting...oh and the composition of the scene, but other than that, that is about all i have done....but thank you very much for the nice comment :)

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    edited December 1969

CTippetts said:
    @slepalex - Nice, NICE still-life. I love the realism added by the worm holes in the apple and blemishes on the citrus. If I have to be critical, as you ask, I'd say the table could use some Olde English, Pledge, or at least Endust. If anything detracts from realism, it's the wall behind ... too abstract or futuristic for the scene. I love the citrus tree. All-in-all, nicely composed, as well ... wall mountable.

Thank you for your comments. I long time worked on material of a jug and fruits, so forgot about the wall and tabletop. :) Indeed, their textures do not fit into the overall concept of still life. This is called "Eye zamylilsya." My online translator can not overcome the word "zamylilsya." This means: the eye was covered with muddy soapy film in the process, so some of the obvious things you do not notice.
    I also did not understand the word "Pledge". Is meant battered old English table, for example, in the Victorian style, which can be found in a thrift shop, second hand shop or in a landfill? The word "Endust" in the dictionary does not exist.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105
    edited December 1969

slepalex

"Olde English, Pledge, or at least Endust." These are polishes for polishing wood furniture to make them shine.

edited December 1969

Fishtales said:
    slepalex

"Olde English, Pledge, or at least Endust." These are polishes for polishing wood furniture to make them shine.

Thank you for the clarification. Initially, the table was polished, but I decided to wear out a little bit. :)

edited December 1969

CTippetts said:
    (Bryce 5.5 doesn't offer JPG export, though 7.1 does.)

As I recall, Bryce 5 offers export to JPG the same way as Bryce 7.
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,540
    edited January 2015

@Tim - nice result.

@David - interesting results.

@slepalex - this is an outstanding still life. How could I critisise? The only thing that jumps in my eye is that our apricots are yellow/red, but that's just a difference in plants. As for the backdrop, it does look a bit odd but I somehow find the geometric pattern complements the natural roundish objects. I know the problem of working hard on details and missing the obvious. I think this happens to all of us now and then.

@CTippetts - he he, nice use of the emoticon.

@Rashad - you're too kind, but I do struggle with Bryce sometimes and I'm still too much techie than artist.

JPEG: no export, but Save As has the JPG option since Bryce 4 (just checked it).

Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

Some quick cloud scenes to try out some Sky Slabs. They took longer to render than to set up :)

cloudy-mountain-002.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 362K
    cloudy-mountain-001.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 242K
    edited December 1969

@ Fishtales, very nice looking clouds you have made there, nice work :)

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Putting a few more lightyears on my models, yes I like to see they get a good outing, they take quite a while to make!

I do like these colourful scenes, not very realistic I know, but then again, it's one of those environments which affords some leeway for what is acceptable, believable and visually interesting.

P1_test2.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 598K
  • c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

slepalex said:
    Apples and apricots

Bryce 7 Pro. Render Premium 16 rpp. Time 26 hours.
    The main source of light Radial Light with soft shadows, additional - off-camera Sphere Dome Light and another Sphere Dome Light to create the effect of GI.
    Modeling: Bryce, 3dsMAX, Sculptris, Wings 3D.
    This is my next work. Please critically evaluate and make comments.

Wow.. this one has got a painted touch! You've reach the sence of details here. Fruits are looking realistic. I find the picture a little bit to dark but that's a minor problem. Well done sir! I think that we are on the same way. You and I can shake hands.

@Rashad : Thanks for your great comment Rashad! I know that we are just few brycers using the software this way but that's my quest : proving that bryce is always in the race like Terragen and Vue. We just need a new development cycle to bring a new breath to the engine for lowering down that render time.

@CTippetts and Gussnemo : thank you, for this picture I've try to use bryce fog and not a foggy dome.

edited December 1969

@Sandy - the first one looks really good, like moisture dissipating in the morning when the sun heats after a nights rain.

@David - very nice and colourful. Space is such a strange place.

X-Col3_2.jpg
    800 x 533 - 86K
    X-Col3_1.jpg
    800 x 533 - 84K
    X-Fili2_2.jpg
    800 x 533 - 80K
    X-Fili2_1.jpg
    800 x 533 - 80K
  • Old StuffOld Stuff Posts: 15
    edited January 2015

@Fishtales I feel like those are the most special! They are the products of the flexing of the muscles of computer and software. Other times they are an accidental dial pull and everything blows up lol

@David Brinnen Those colors o.o I agree, its the unrealistic aspect of it that makes it pop and makes the time spent worth it. the horizon itself kinda what the disorientating feeling one would get when in flight I would Imagine. was that done with the camera? or spherical effect?

@Horo those are torus are rad! that's exactly the type of idea Im going to be trying to go for but on a cubic plane. But want to make it more like circuitry...so much to do so little time lol

@hansmar that is a really good example of how well Bryce handles reflections, I think I heard your computer screaming a little inside when you load that :)

@electro-elvis really nice perspective and scaling work between textures and terrain! Layering elements from foreground to background gives a great sense of depth.

Oooook Ive been kinda busy...

First is a preview render of single metal panel, repeated so I can get an idea of what things are looking like

Blue texture in back is an altered and played with preload from Bryce7Pro as a place holder for what I have plans for
    (wanting to think of a way to have a background similar to that, but with the LEDs actually animating softly etc)

Height map in Photoshop,
    Apply to terrain in Bryce
    Exported .obj to create UV map (good ol uvmapper!)
    Open UV map in Photoshop to texture (not seamless yet, was a quick workup of 3 different materials)
    Add texture as an Image to terrain in Bryce

...then sloppily tile them about so you can get an idea of whats coming through on the mesh and render!

The second is a proof of concept for me using Bryce to create skydomes, trees and texture positioning and importing it all into Unity3D
    ..then finally exporting everything into an .APK Throwing it into my phone...and having a walk about :)

The last is a 3D mesh I modeled in Sculptris and imported into Bryce. Same altered preload texture was used on it. But that volumetric when I rendered everything down took over 12 hours lol No photoshop

Capture.PNG
    721 x 747 - 160K
    very.PNG
    955 x 683 - 495K
    boom2.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 356K
    rraaa.PNG
    1501 x 720 - 1M
    CenterTile.png
    1200 x 800 - 2M
    Post edited by Old Stuff on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895
    edited December 1969

@Tim Bateman: Nice set of renders again.

@David Brinnen: Fantastic space renders. I really like all those colours. Probably highly unrealistic, but: who cares?

@Slepalex: Very good still life render. Really love the jug and the glass vial textures.

@CTippetts: He doesn't look that drunk to me. Looks very good, emotiguy

@Fishtales: Nice work on the cloud slab. Maybe a bit too bright in the first render? I've done some cloud slab in the past with IBL and TA and this takes ages. Works better with the TA off for the clouds, but then maybe they get a bit dark in the shadows.

@Horo: You've got the contagious space disease? I like the second one best.

I combine the space theme with my abstract balls theme now. At renderosity, I added a scary colourful blob made from metaballs. I now modifies and relocated the metaballs and their textures as well as the surrounding circle, that is now a 'soccer ball' (as in Bryce), but with perfect mirror texture. So now we have a strange space creature....

... in a galaxy far, far away.

ballsabstract6.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 372K
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 871
    edited January 2015

@hansmar: Ha, ha that is funny. I love it.

@All. So many wonderful pictures around.

I created my next little house. Still a rather modern look, because I found it hard to make a roof with tiles. I still struggle with finding a suitable material for the white kind of semi-transparent curtains, that should prevent to look inside. (as you can see behind the larger window on the right side on the first floor. Is still a work in progress. Especially the garden needs a bit of work ;-)

wohnhaus.jpg
    1000 x 577 - 96K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,346
    edited December 1969

@C Tippetts, @GussNemo - thank you both for your comments. I'm hoping to have another play with the tutorials this weekend.

• WhiteFoxWhiteFox Posts: 92
    edited December 1969

I hope it's ok to post this here. It has a little post work (i.e. a slight gaussian blur and signature)

My_Point_Exactly1.png
    1366 x 769 - 1M
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited December 1969

Thanks Horo, CTippetts, Guss, Rashad Carter,

Tim- once again all your renders are beautiful.

David – great space scenes, looking forward to viewing the video.

C-ram- wow beautiful render.

Slepalex – love the still life.

CTippetts – cute emotion guy render.

Sandy – the mountains in the cloud renders are very nicely done.

Horo- awesome space scenes.

DaemonKnight – I like the 3D mesh modeled in Sculptris render

Hansmar –this galaxy will be very, very far away, collecting the debris from the space explorations.

Electro-elvis- you are making cool models in Bryce

Charliemcd2010 –nice render.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited December 1969

hansmar said:

@mermaid010: your vases come out a bit vague/unsharp. Why is that?

It could be because of the materials and Hdri I am using from the Gemstone pack. I don't have enough gems to apply these awesome materials too.

Btw where is Roland, I miss his jewels and gems renders. I think he will love this Gemstone pack. I remember some time ago he offered his jewels as downloads, I’m sorry now I did not download them..

Another two renders from the new Gemstone pack

scene1.jpg
    654 x 850 - 47K
    scene4.jpg
    654 x 652 - 83K
    edited December 1969

great renders from everyone :) ...great work

edited December 1969

today's new render :)

Heart_Pendent.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 224K
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited January 2015

You known 'em well: heads are down, they text while walking, oh, and they bump into you...sigh :shut: Thanks to the modellers for the phones, which I got here (with some additional add-ons and adjustments of my own as they weren't quite perfect).

Title: Text Wars

Jay

TextMe.jpg
    947 x 540 - 339K
    Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited December 1969

@DaemonKnight - nice work, the metal panels look very good.

@hansmar - thenk you, I just tried 2 HDRIs using the same simple setup. Your metaball abstract looks interesting.

@electro-elvis - that house came out quite natural looking.

@charliemcd2010 - Very nice landscape, nice lady, too.

@mermaid010 - thank you. The bowl looks really good, the geometric model, too.

@Tim - nice heart, a bit lost: grey on grey.

@Jay - great render, are those gadget carriers bump into each other within the next second?

edited December 1969

I thought i would try something a little bit different today :)

Garden_Buda.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 412K
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited January 2015

"...are those gadget carriers bump into each other within the next second?"

Cheers, Horo... saw it on the street the other day (hence the render as a project). Two guys clashed, phones fell on the ground but neither broke. It would have been funnnier if they clashed again as both guys bent down to pick up their phones at the same time :lol:

Oh, to have a house like that, Elvis...nice one, as I'm still looking around at the mo.

charliemcd2010...love her face, her hair and general look, but the sword tends to get lost in the background and her armour. Still, a very nice work.

Mermaid...the first is nicest.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited December 1969

Tim Bateman

Very nice render.

Am I the only one who can see faces and animals in the stonework? It is the same when I am in the hills. I can look at stone outcrops and mountains and see images in them. Perhaps I just haven't outgrown my childhood imagination :-)

• goofygrmom3goofygrmom3 Posts: 160
    edited December 1969

Awesome work everyone. The talent and imagination here never ceases to amaze me.

Thanks for the compliments Rashad, Guss and CTippetts.

I've been working on the Cloud City again. It seems that I have those booleans under control now. Hope to have the render finished this week. I'm up to the part where I make the clouds.

• Old StuffOld Stuff Posts: 15
    edited January 2015

@Tim those edges look so clean!

Ok so half of my Cube lay out is about 80% done. But I feel like Im running into more questions than I am answering them on my own through trial and error.

Exporting meshs don't seem to work right, and absolutely hates textures. So I'm pretty sure im doing something wrong. I've tried searching out some video tutorials (Ive gone over quite a few of Davids in the past few weeks), but Im just coming up empty handed.

Capturef.PNG
    1243 x 838 - 2M
    Post edited by Old Stuff on
    edited December 1969

@Tim - that's a beautiful render.

Fishtales said:
    Perhaps I just haven't outgrown my childhood imagination :-)

That's probably the best that can happen to anyone. Yes, I see shapes in snow fields, clouds, rocks, and even simple floors. It's entertaining.

@DaemonKnight - looks exciting what you're working on. When you export a textured mesh from Bryce, the textures are converted to pictures. When you import them, the material looks not the same anymore, lost a lot of quality, too.

This discussion has been closed.