Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 8

Comments

• goofygrmom3goofygrmom3 Posts: 160
    edited January 2015

Horo - I love the shiny metalics. Looks like 3 magnifying glasses. I will have to check out that link. Thanks.

hansmar - cool abstract

eermusic - neat aliens

Tippetts - I like the 'different' type of volcano. Looks like it's bubbling and will explode any minute. Awesome Ship in a bottle.

Mermaid - I would love to live on one of those islands. I could watch the what looks like 'rainbow' lightning all day.

Thanks Guss.

Post edited by goofygrmom3 on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

hansmar said:

Wonderful fireworks and abstract by David Brinnen; who I hope will keep helping everybody in Bryce, even if he makes lots of money with Modo.

Lots of money? Would be useful. But paying the bills and not rooting around in skips for wood to burn. That would be a start. One of my missions today, get the trailer out and load it up with firewood.

Very nice to see the tutorials getting used, always encouraging to see people getting out of their comfort zones and trying out new things.

Turns out modeling a made up space ship is much much harder than I imagined. But I've had a go.

MFSS_render_test3.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 779K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited January 2015

Thanks Goofygrmom

Wow David I love the space scene, the space ship is nice too

A few Stills using the Hdri 4Fun Pack

The Taj Mahal Model is from Sketchup Warehouse

sm1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 56K
    sm2b.jpg
    800 x 534 - 51K
    sm5.jpg
    800 x 600 - 33K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

Something new for today, I thought i would share :)

Sting.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 188K
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 871
    edited December 1969

I was in the mood for modeling and thought I could build a house with Bryce. But I realized soon, it is hard work :-). This is a WIP.

modernhouse.jpg
    900 x 519 - 57K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,540
    edited January 2015

@David - cool use of the HDRI, space ship looks great, must be gigantic that we can see it through stars in front of it.

@mermaid010 - really beautiful renders, and models - all three of them.

@Tim - sword looks great.

@electro-elvis - it needs patience but it can be done, as you prove it. That house came out quite natural. The lady is quite big, I'd say more than 1.95 m.

I played seriously with the instancing lab for the first time. I haven't counted the cedar trees I got from the bto-library but there must be a few hundred of them. The forestal is an alien artefact by MatCreator. The ambient light is from the Sunset HDRI and the keylight from the sun. The ground are two stacked terrains.

Forestal.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 333K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • eermusiceermusic Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

@Horo Nifty primeval trees, superb lightning and nice creepazoid critter

And playing with a cell phone pic I took the other night and importing into Bryce . . .

UFOIncidentAtCreedmoor.jpg
    1274 x 892 - 642K
  • mx42bmx42b Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

I hope everyone had a good holiday season.
    The elf lady wanted out for a good stretch of the legs so...
    Enjoy
    ~M.

tooglowy.jpg
    1440 x 875 - 428K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@David: Real nice space scene, nice ship.

@mermaid: Like the results you've achieved in those images. Someone did a nice job on that model.

@Tim: Beautiful sword and image.

@electro: Nice work on the house, scene looks real good.

@Horo: A real sharp looking forest. Love how the light come through the trees.

@eermusic: That's a terrific scene with the UFO.

@mx42b: Nice looking scene.

edited December 1969

Thanks Horo and Guss

Tim: Beautiful sword.

Electro-elvis: Nice modeling and render

Horo: Wow awesome. Love the lighting.

Eermusic: Very nicely done

Mx42b: Cool render.

Played with Anaglyphs using one of my still renders and the AnaMaker.

ana03.jpg
    800 x 534 - 106K
    edited December 1969

Yes, stars got onto my spaceship as the eagle eyed Horo observed. Here I'm trying to be a bit more crafty. This result used only Bryce but multiple renders to achieve masking and combined lighting effects. I see some potential for this process but it will have to be streamlined to make any sense.

Composit1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 789K
    edited January 2015

@eermusic - thank you. Nice UFO render.

@mx42b - very nice.

@Janime - thank you.

@mermaid010 - thank you. Great idea with the anaglyph but I think it's wrong. The background at right appears in front of the object. If I look the wrong way through the glasses, the object protrudes and the backdrop is behind.

If you do anaglyphs (without our True 3D product), render (left), move camera a bit to the right and render again. Make the first render monochrome red and the other one monochrome cyan, then combine them. You may have to adjust the contrast if you do it in a graphics program. I do it in HDRShop using Sepia-Tone and the calculate A+B function and save as BMP. This gives the full contrast. The method with moving the camera makes sure the backdrop is also correct. I did my anaglyphs by this method before we had the lens system - and I'm still doing it this way with photographs.

EDIT to add: I have a tute on my website: Raytracing > Anaglyph?

Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

Thanks Horo, I knew something was wrong as I have been playing with this for a few days and I was not getting the same results as I did the last time. After more trials and errors I think this one is correct.

Btw I learnt how to do Anaglyphs in Bryce from your Raytracing tutorial. I tried to do the method you mentioned using a graphic program, making the images greyscale – no problem but after that I do not know how to the red and cyan colors. I have a very old version of Photoshop and I am not familiar with how the channels work. Using the AnaMaker is an easy way out. ;-)

I would really like to make Landscape and space scenes as Anaglyphs something like those done by David, a few years ago. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/658/P75

ana9.jpg
    800 x 534 - 107K
    edited December 1969

im still playing around with this chess set and a few of my own made HDRI's :)

Glass_chess_set.jpg
    1200 x 563 - 174K
    edited January 2015

@Tim - chess looks great.

@mermaid010 - Now it looks correct. Photoshop 6 is quite old and since the procedure still works also on Photoshop 10 and 12, it may work on even an older version than 6. To make a picture one coloured monochrome: Image > Adjustments ctrl-L (Levels) to open the histogram. On Channel, select the colour you don't want and move the Output Level of this colour to 0. So for red, set green output to 0 and blue output to 0. For cyan, set red channel to 0. (The image is from v12, I did checked with v6 but I have a German one which may be confusing.)

Sepia.gif
    556 x 535 - 30K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895
    edited December 1969

@eermusic: Nice weird alien render. So that is what you made photos of as UFO-researcher? Nice!

@CTippetts: Instead of the particle generator, you can also create a number of rocks, instance them and then randomise their position and rotation. The walls of the vulcano look nice.

@mermaid010: what a wonderful sky with neon! Great renders of your still lifes. I specifically like the Taj Mahal render.

@DavidBrinnen: Hope your financial situation changes for the best. Your renders are still wonderful. I like the spaceship, from this point of view. I do prefer the first render.

@Tim Bateman: great looking knife (or sword). And wonderful POV and reflections on your chess piece.

@electro-elvis: Nice building. It can definitely be done; modelling houses and rooms etc. in Bryce. I would not want to live there though, with those low ceilings (or that giant of a wife!)

@Horo: wonderful forest scene. Really like the light!

@mx42b: Very nice scene for such a wonderful elf lady.

Thanks GussNemo, Mermaid010, Horo and goofygrmom3.

With my abstract set up (see earlier) I made a couple of new images: one at Renderosity, and one at DeviantArt (there with the balls modified into torusses). I now add the fourth one here: again with the torusses (except the outer border of my world, which is still a reflective ball). I modified the lights (more specular output) and the textures (some 'random' anisotropy', which you might not see in this render). And I positioned the camera to look into the torusses (or is it tori?). Strange effects and lots of chaotic colours!
    Since I started with balls, I call it Abstractballs4

abstractballs4.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 1M
    edited January 2015

Thanks hansmar, yes well can only try. For each project there is always a stage of exploration, to some degree or another which allows me the opportunity to post some renders here for feedback. Here's this afternoons experiment (this morning was spent cutting wood and thus making the dog's life a happier one). Inspiration for the tube from a SF program I used to watch on TV, back in the days when I had one, called Battlestar Galactica, probably would look very old hat these days!

Enjoying_fire.jpg
    1000 x 747 - 509K
    Wood.jpg
    1000 x 747 - 579K
    Launch_tube6.jpg
    850 x 850 - 572K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited December 1969

@David, that is a great looking space craft and scene, and what a cute little dog...he looks very content sitting there warming him/herself :)

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @Tim - chess looks great.

@mermaid010 - Now it looks correct. Photoshop 6 is quite old and since the procedure still works also on Photoshop 10 and 12, it may work on even an older version than 6. To make a picture one coloured monochrome: Image > Adjustments ctrl-L (Levels) to open the histogram. On Channel, select the colour you don't want and move the Output Level of this colour to 0. So for red, set green output to 0 and blue output to 0. For cyan, set red channel to 0. (The image is from v12, I did checked with v6 but I have a German one which may be confusing.)

Thanks Horo. I had a quick look, yes I do have this option.

edited December 1969

Tim- nice chess set

Hansmar – Thanks beautiful abstract

David – an awesome scene, full of depth. Cute dog

edited December 1969

i like the look of this model so i had a go of rendering it in bryce, i also tweaked the cloud city scene i did just a tiny bit :)

Cloud_City.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 156K
    Element_of_time.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 233K
    edited December 1969

@hansmar - thank you. Great abstract balls, vivid colours.

@David - neat work on the spaceship and the wood. Where are the cats?

@Tim - nice watch and cloud city scene.

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @hansmar - thank you. Great abstract balls, vivid colours.

@David - neat work on the spaceship and the wood. Where are the cats?

@Tim - nice watch and cloud city scene.

Horo, thanks, I've run into a bit of a HDRI puzzle I've left a video on your FTP, maybe you can shed some light at some point. As for the cats, sorry to say they have all died. It did not seem fair to get more since they tend to both frighten and bully his lordship (aka the dog). As for the puzzle it relates to the green edging shown in this render. I do not know where this green band has come from.

Tim very nice indeed, you upgraded the clouds seamlessly.

Gastest_render1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 755K
    edited December 1969

here are some crystals ...it was a bit of a TA experiment render, I really liked the outcome so I thought i would share it :)

Crystals.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 254K
    edited December 1969

here are some crystals ...it was a bit of a TA experiment render, I really liked the outcome so I thought i would share it :)

Great results from the render method, very nice lighting and material qualities, all I would note is that the crystals seem to have melted a bit around the edges.

edited January 2015

@ David, yeah they are a bit melted...that was from the model being really low resolution...i imported it to wings and bevelled the edges slightly, i think i over did it a bit lol :)

I wish i could work out a good way to make my own.

Post edited by Tim82 on
    edited December 1969

@ David, yeah they are a bit melted...that was from the model being really low resolution...i imported it to wings and bevelled the edges slightly, i think i over did it a bit lol :)

I wish i could work out a good way to make my own.

This sharpness issue is a tricky topic and one I am presently trying to get to grips with. Bryce is clever and lets you edit [E] the mesh in such a way as that you can determine what Bryce treats as a sharp corner. Another way is to provide supporting geometry for your edges and corners which means keeping the edge sharp and running another edge up along side your sharp edge and creating a sort of hatch at the corners. This when exported and imported as an obj will be handled as a sharp corner and the closer you get your supporting lines to the corner the sharper the render engine will deem it.

obj_sharp.jpg
    271 x 277 - 15K
    edited December 1969

Horo, thanks, I've run into a bit of a HDRI puzzle I've left a video on your FTP, maybe you can shed some light at some point.

Simple! Sent you an email how to resolve it with a click or two.
    edited December 1969

@ David, thank you for the tip, i will give that a try :)

edited January 2015

Horo said:
    Horo, thanks, I've run into a bit of a HDRI puzzle I've left a video on your FTP, maybe you can shed some light at some point.

Simple! Sent you an email how to resolve it with a click or two.

Thanks Horo! Yes that did it.

Sending you my source file via FTP it's... going to take a while. Compression didn't work, so I am guessing it is already in a compressed format. Or is just packed with uncompressible data.

Oct_back_test_in_bryce1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 644K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
This discussion has been closed.