Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,539
    edited December 1969

And Happy Holidays to all "Brycer's"!

sg14.jpg
    1000 x 700 - 256K
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,115
    edited December 1969

@horo and David : thanks for the gemstones !

Happy Holidays to all Brycers !

Happy_Holidays.jpg
    943 x 471 - 83K
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105
    edited December 2014

Thank you for the present David and Horo.

Merry Christmas and Happy Solstice to everyone.

(Merry Christmas done in Bryce Solstice done in DAZ Studio :red: )

merry-christmas-001.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 596K
    winter-solstice-001.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 533K
    Post edited by Fishtales on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    I hate abstracts, they are so addictive, there are so many possibilities and I can hardly stop.

My better half hates it too, because I also can't stop .:lol:

David and Horo – thanks for the Gift. :-)

Nice seasonal greetings from Horo, Adbc and Sandy

My take on Bryce made easy - basic mirrored box abstract recipe - by David Brinnen

The 1st is the cube, the second uses a pyramid, the third and fourth Carter’s 16sized pyramid. The Last one, I exported the 4th one as an Hdri and used it on the 5th as an Hdri backdrop. I have uploaded a few more variations to my Pinterest account. http://www.pinterest.com/maryole3/bryce-3d-abstracts/

mirroredabstracthdri.jpg
    700 x 700 - 44K
    mirrored_abstract-pyramid16sized2.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 118K
    mirrored_abstract-pyramid16sized.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 92K
    mirrored_abstract-pyramid.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 84K
    mirrored_abstract-cube.jpg
    900 x 675 - 162K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited December 1969

I do have 1 question to start with. How do I render something from Apophysis in Bryce. I love to work in Apo and Ultra Fractal.

Betsy

I use the rendered image on a terrain or lattice as a height map and the same image in the mat. lab

• goofygrmom3goofygrmom3 Posts: 160
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the gemstones David and Horo.

The Bryce greetings are beautiful Horo, adbc, and Sandy.

I love the abstracts Mermaid. Especially the 4th one. And thanks for the info on the Apos.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Yeah, cheers, David and Horo, for the gems.

Jay

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,346
    edited December 1969

It's the Winter Solstice, Yuletide or Xmas if you rather, whatever, time to eat, drink and render. Horo and mines gift to the Brycers is in the store I see http://www.daz3d.com/shop/bryce-7-1-pro-gemstones-one-the-cable-stock-set

Have fun!

Thank you David and Horo for these. I'm a lurker in thie thread who's just started out playing with your videos on Wings modelling and abstracts in Bryce - haven't had the nerve to post any of the results yet! - so this set will be really useful I think. Merry Chrismas to you both.
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

wonderful free gift, thank you David & Horo :)

• IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159
    edited December 1969

game dice test

dice_test.jpg
    654 x 850 - 467K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@David & Horo: Thank you very much for the gift, and for everything both of you contribute to using Bryce.

@Horo: Abstract and season's greetings image are really nice.

@adbc: That's a real nice image.

@mermaid: Neat abstracts. Last one looks especially nice with the abstract as an HDRI. This is one of many things I've yet to try.

@Melanie: Please, do post some of your work. While you can count on lots of help, you'll never see anyone denigrate anyone's work.

@Ikyoto: Nice looking dice. Love the blue intensity.

edited December 1969

@adbc - very nice winter render.

@Sandy - very nice renders, the fist one is cute.

@mermaid010 - great abstracts, I see you also ventured into other shapes. It's endless.

@Ikyoto - great render, nice to see things being used.

@all - you're more than welcome. Hopefully, you can find some use of the gemstones.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105
    edited December 1969

Horo said:

@Sandy - very nice renders, the fist one is cute.

Cuteness comes from having five Grandchildren under 9 years old :-)

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

You are welcome to those who've grabbed the gift.

Well done to those who've got sucked into the abstracts...

But if that's not your scene, here's something else to get your teeth into.

The Bryce sky as a high dynamic range image - mostly theory - by David Brinnen

The Bryce sky as a high dynamic range image - in practice - by David Brinnen

LDRandHDRI3.jpg
    889 x 500 - 152K
    edited December 1969

DAVE AND HORO ARE WHY I'M DOING MORE RENDERS AND STILL BEHIND SCHEDULE.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 870
    edited December 2014

@Horo: Happy Holidays to you, too

@David and Horo: Thank you very much for your Bryce present.

I am still go on with DAZ characters. Do you have any idea, why the young man in my scene is a bit confused and downcast? Because I forgot to import his Axe from DAZ3D :-) (That wasn't very nice of me, was it ;-)

g2mconfused.jpg
    700 x 700 - 48K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
    edited December 1969

Ikyoto said:

Yeah, I know what you mean. Happens to me all the time.

@electro-elvis - you're quite successful with rendering characters in Bryce.

The roots are terrains and the trunks cylinders, both stacked with a transparent material for the "ivy", the ground is a stacked terrain as well. Lit by IBL and the key light by the sun.

MorningMist.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 237K
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 870
    edited December 2014

Thank you Horo. Lovely forest scene. You made a good job on the roots. Looking like real.

Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
    edited December 1969

@electro-elvis - He looks very pensive. Probably thinking about where he left the ax.

@Horo - I love the splash of color with the yellow flowers growing in the tree trunk in the middle of the misty forest.

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    Ikyoto said:

Yeah, I know what you mean. Happens to me all the time.

@electro-elvis - you're quite successful with rendering characters in Bryce.

The roots are terrains and the trunks cylinders, both stacked with a transparent material for the "ivy", the ground is a stacked terrain as well. Lit by IBL and the key light by the sun.

What a good idea! Works much better than the Bryce tree roots.

Anyway here's something else to steal time...

HDRI kaleidoscope - by David Brinnen

Testing_coloscopic_HDRI3.jpg
    850 x 850 - 784K
    Testing_coloscopic_HDRI2.jpg
    850 x 850 - 698K
    edited December 1969
    K_test2.jpg
    850 x 850 - 915K
    K_test1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 747K
  • Old StuffOld Stuff Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

Hopefully my initial question on these forums wasnt too horrible. This was the latest thing I've worked on in Bryce.

DAZ.jpg
    1920 x 1020 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Hopefully my initial question on these forums wasnt too horrible. This was the latest thing I've worked on in Bryce.

Nice render, welcome to the forums. I've just had a look for your question, nothing horrible about it. Very difficult to answer though. Simply, The Bryce render is better suited to being at the end of a chain of processes rather than being in the middle of the chain. I have made some videos on the topic of exporting terrains for use in other software and related topics. Including the capture of skies and how you may go about exporting them. You can find them on my youtube channel. Be aware though, Bryce does not make life easy for you. Into Bryce no problem, out of Bryce - more challenging.

edited December 1969

@David - Those K-scopes are awesome. I especially like the colors in the second one. That was one of my fav toys as a kid. Still is. I guess I'm still a kid at heart.

@Daemon - That's really cool. Looks like tentacles pulling you into the render.

edited December 1969

I had some time to play this morning. As you can see, I live in a fantasy world. This was all done in Bryce except for the frame and text which I did in Paint Shop Pro9.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday where ever you are and how ever you celebrate.

HolidayGrtgs12-22-2014.jpg
    866 x 661 - 241K
    edited December 1969

Cool thanks man! I've taken to your tutorials more than a few times over the years lol But good to know some of the stuff I'm looking for is in there, Ill dive back into them. I was afraid I had worded it badly or such, completely ok with it just not being an easy nut to crack. I posted on the Unity forums which in retrospect was prolly the best start, as there is a lot more mention of Daz related products incl Bryce there than their are here exporting to Unity3D etc. I just know at some point regardless of how far i get with this, i will need to breakdown into Wings or Blender or the sort, but just wanting to make sure using Bryce as a world maker is feasible, which from what Ive gathered over the couple days ive been probing into, is possible, but like you mentioned, not easy. But as long as it comes out looking the way Im looking for, it'll be worth it.

It'll also be nice to say "Made in Bryce" beacuse this app (and developer,art community) really does not get the recognition it deserves.

Thanks again!
    Steven

edited December 1969

re: that image - ok, I'm humbled.
    edited December 1969

@Daemon - That's really cool. Looks like tentacles pulling you into the render.

Thank you :)

The idea of it at its core were Neural Networks. I veered from that and made each neuron its own "world" by placing an earth model I textured inside each neuron. A play on everything being connected, but each in its own world etc :)

Ended up making it the background for the twitter account my Blog uses

https://twitter.com/cerebralhack

edited December 1969

More of them...

K5.jpg
    850 x 850 - 733K
    K4.jpg
    850 x 850 - 707K
    K3.jpg
    850 x 850 - 953K
    K2.jpg
    850 x 850 - 939K
    K1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 870K
    edited December 1969

This was the latest thing I've worked on in Bryce.

Gave me an idea of something to try. A tree inside a mirrored box.

Tree_in_a_box1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 1M
This discussion has been closed.