Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 8

Comments

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Dave: Dust from the truck wheels looks good, just like what I've seen from the real thing. Fence in your second image seems to have been there for a time. Both images look nice.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited December 1969

Dave-Thanks. Love both your renders especially the dust by the wheels, how did you achieve that?

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Thanks Guss.

Dave-Thanks. Love both your renders especially the dust by the wheels, how did you achieve that?

Thanks Mermaid.
    The dust is an edited volumetric cloud material simply applied to a stretched sphere
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited December 1969

Thanks Guss.

Thanks Mermaid.
    The dust is an edited volumetric cloud material simply applied to a stretched sphere

Thanks Dave :)

edited December 1969

It's beginning to look a lot like humbug!

Mint Humbugs modeled in Wings.
    Materials done in Bryce.
    Rendered in Bryce.

Humbugs2ALT.jpg
    952 x 476 - 131K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,539
    edited December 1969

@Dave - truck looks great. I guessed you've used volumetrics on a sphere for the dust. It came out very natural. Though the method is easy, to get a good result not at all. Fenced landscape looks fine, too as do the Humbugs.

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
    edited December 1969

Hello, all! Been out of the loop awhile, but playing with Bryce every chance I get. Lots of great artwork being posted and I appreciate the inspiration you're providing. Seriously pushes me to do better. :)

This is my first ready to render (RTR) project I created all by myself, which would have never happened without the directions of Horo and David provided in this product: Small World HDRI. Why didn't I create a small world using their instructions? Good question. My answer is, "I haven't a clue!"

The scene is simple: the Backdrop/floor images, a welding torch/air compressor from the DAZ Store, and a spherical cage and outer shell parts I made in Wings. I didn't take the time to modify the materials of the welder/compressor. Just put them in the scene. I told David via email that I would never create such a lame piece of artwork in real life, so I have no idea why I would create a render showing metal being welded onto a sphere. I guess I just wanted to finally render something....anything!! :)

Anywho, I'm very pleased with the results. Comments & critiques are appreciated.

Happy holidays everyone!

Art

GarageClosed.jpg
    1400 x 700 - 621K
    edited December 1969

@Dave: Had to look up humbugs, another candy I'd never heard of. That image of them looks real nice. So, how do they taste?

@Art: Except for the diameter of the oxygen and acetylene tanks being too large, that image could pass for a photo of a workshop. You've done a bang up job on this one.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @Dave: Had to look up humbugs, another candy I'd never heard of. That image of them looks real nice. So, how do they taste?

considering how often humbug is coupled up with bah ( http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bah+Humbug ) one could surmise they taste like lamb or mutton, but in actual fact they are minty. http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/mint-humbugs-p-332.html

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:

They taste very nice. As Chohole says; mint flavoured and made from the same kind of candy as those Christmas candy canes which I think are also popular over there.

But as has been alluded to, it's more my Scrooge-like approach to Christmas that I was illustrating :cheese:
    I couldn't post the finished graphic I made using the render as it broke forum rules on profanity.

edited December 2014

GussNemo said:

They taste very nice. As Chohole says; mint flavoured and made from the same kind of candy as those Christmas candy canes which I think are also popular over there.

But as has been alluded to, it's more my Scrooge-like approach to Christmas that I was illustrating :cheese:
    I couldn't post the finished graphic I made using the render as it broke forum rules on profanity.

LOL I am feeling a bit cranky this Christmas as well, It's the joy of looking forward to moving house not long after Christmas. Have to be moved by the 15th January, as that is when the rent on this house is paid up to. Lovely time of year to move. And BT say it will take up to 5 days to transfer my telephone and internet, even though the new house is not much more than ¼ mile away by shank's pony, although near to a mile by road.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

@Art - great job, looking really good. Thanks for your patience with the doc. The set will be replaced, DAZ is currently working on it.

Humbug means something quite different in German, nothing nice.

@Pam - moving, I don't envy you. I'm on my 8th place and I hated each time I had to move. Such a bother.

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
    edited December 2014

Horo said:
    @Art - great job, looking really good. Thanks for your patience with the doc. The set will be replaced, DAZ is currently working on it.

Thanks, Horo! Oh, heavens, no worry about the document. That stuff happens. I appreciate everything you and David do and we got it sorted out. David sent me the revised pdf this morning and I only briefly went through it, but I'm sure it's fine. Of course, if I have any snags, I know where to find you! :) Just don't move again!

@Art: Except for the diameter of the oxygen and acetylene tanks being too large, that image could pass for a photo of a workshop. You've done a bang up job on this one.

Thanks, Jamie! I didn't even think about the tanks, but now that you mention it, you're correct. I'll scale them accordingly and re-render. Thanks for the feedback.

Art

Post edited by Fencepost52 on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 2014

Feel your pain, Chohole...moving can be so stressfull...and wondering if after...you'll fit in (smaller/larger house, less land, less views...sigh...so disrupting...etc.,).

Fencepost...oh yeah, excelllent render...wish I had a garage to play around in.
    Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:
    Feel your pain, Chohole...moving can be so stressfull...and wondering if after...you'll fit in (smaller/larger house, less land, less views...sigh...so disrupting...etc.,).

Fencepost...oh yeah, excelllent render...wish I had a garage to play around in.
    Jay

Aye, The last move was great for stress levels, almost 200 miles, and moving from an 8 room family home to a small 4 room and a bathroom cottage. So yes, working out what to take and what to leave for a charity house clearance was great fun. This move is not so bad, as the cottages are a similar size and the garden is bigger. Sweet little cottage, quite old

New_House.jpg
    662 x 719 - 187K
    edited December 2014

Best of luck with it, Cholole...I've so far refused one with attached properties, when, in full, after a detached one (puzzling to those not famliar, so hope these comments supply, support, in some way, the whole moving process - it really is stressful).

Jay

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

"You have reached your final destination."
    "Get out of the car.....Get out of the car.....Get out of the car.....Get out of the car.....Get out of the car.....Get out of the car....."
    :)

SatNav_Error.jpg
    875 x 456 - 341K
    edited December 2014

@Pam: Nice looking house. Why the five days to move your service? Shouldn't be any longer than to move jumpers in the office and make sure the line are good to the new house. Best of luck on the move. Our last move was only two blocks, but it was still stressful. Pack everything, move everything, then unpack and arrange everything. I figure our next move will be our last, into an assisted nursing home. One day...

@Stuart: Nice job on the material for the car. Though I think the driver needs a refresher driving course. :cheese:

Any non-American candy I have to order on the internet, or be somewhere which sells imported candy. When I was little, 5-9 years old, we lived in France and I remember the candy I was able to buy. So totally different than what's sold in the US.

Post edited by GussNemo on
    edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    Any non-American candy I have to order on the internet, or be somewhere which sells imported candy. When I was little, 5-9 years old, we lived in France and I remember the candy I was able to buy. So totally different than what's sold in the US.

On my many visits to the US (and my short time living in Vegas) I have to say I didn't find any candy that I really liked so much with the exception of Muddy Bears... They were great. :cheese:
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Leaking gutters and rotting woodwork, that's what I've been trying to fix. It's a time of the year where jobs are generally thin on the ground and I can hide inside and do a bit more Bryce related stuff... or it would be... if it were not for leaking gutters and rotting woodwork - instead I've been wrapped in two coats and miserably brushing paint over patched up woodwork while water drips down my neck from the still leaking gutter. Anyway, enough seasonal grumbling, when it gets beyond a certain level of darkness I can in all good conscience abandon the window frames to their slow damp doom and get back to warmer pursuits. Here's some test renders with the synthetic HDRI Horo and I are currently experimenting with.

Synth_box1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 1M
    Quick_test1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 656K
    Looking_at_HDRI1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 360K
    edited December 1969

Heh he, Stuart...a Bimmer...now there's your problem ;)

Jay

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969
    Basic_mirrored_box_abstract1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Playing with Tori...turning one into some futuristic racing arena resembling a Tokamak.

Title:Tokamak Racing

Jay

TokamakRacing.jpg
    1200 x 595 - 1015K
    edited December 1969

@David: Yields from your experiments are wonderful. The new video is also a nice addition to your other videos.

@Jay: Really like what you've done in the latest image. Are instructions included?

edited December 1969

@Pam - nice bright and friendly-looking cottage.

@Stuart - could be me if I listened to the sat-nav to "turn left" when there was a precipice of 1000 ft left and then "continue straight" when there was an U-turn. Great idea and very nicely done with the skull.

@David - the second one is incredible, looks like long render time, the first great and thanks for the video.

@Jay - neat idea and superbly done.

edited December 1969

Guss...Are instructions included?

Just keep the steering wheel turned right :lol:

Cheers, Horo.

edited December 1969

It was a good day to take a break from my Hexagon project, least I use the delete key on the whole thing, and do something in Bryce. So I gave David's latest tutorial a crack and came up with some pleasing abstracts. At least I found them pleasing. Hope you do too.

The first two, I hope they end up as the first two, use the cube and material shown in David's tutorial. The second two use a different material and an enlarged sphere.

Marble_2.png
    1080 x 810 - 2M
    Marble_1.png
    1080 x 810 - 2M
    Blue_Crystal_4.png
    1080 x 810 - 2M
    Blue_Crystal_1.png
    1080 x 810 - 1M
    edited December 1969

@Jamie - cery nice abstracts, the first is rather peaceful.

I knew that when I start again with these darn abstracts I can't stop. I used another texture and also a specular convolved HDRI blended 50% with the sky. Otherwise, I followed the tute. The first uses a cube, the second a pyramid.

Lab-E.jpg
    1000 x 438 - 200K
    5D-City.jpg
    900 x 900 - 256K
    edited December 2014

I think your third one is best, Guss...it's like a knot of wood one see's in trees.

First one, Horo, looks like a futurisitc, high-rise street scene viewe from above with little cars below. That's the problem with abstracts, so many things...pareidolia etc., can be interpreted according to different eyes.

Jay

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

all i can say is wow for all the recent renders! great work from everyone :)

here is something random from me :)

knife_Test.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 118K
This discussion has been closed.