Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 8

Comments

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 2014

Horo – I also don’t know how to export an Apophysis fractal as a 3D object. I use the image on as a height map on a lattice and the same image as material. IMHO Apophysis fractals render better in Bryce than JWildfire I've been playing with fractals when I needed a break from my interior scene.

I was JUST going to post and ask how you did that. I'm a huuuuuuge fan of fractal art and use Apophysis as well. I've never thought of using any of my fractals as a height map, but I'm going to definitely give it a try.

Don't expect to see me any time soon, though. Once I open Apophysis, I usually get lost for a while. :coolsmirk:

Post edited by Miss B on
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

I enjoyed seeing all of the fractal images so much, I thought i would have a little bit of fun with one myself :)

Fractal_1.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 295K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited December 1969

Horo- wow really awesome renders.

Miss B- I love playing with fractals and abstracts, looking forward to your renders

Tim- love the render, really cool

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Horo: Thank you. Those are awesome images. Like Tim, love the colors.

@Tim Bateman: Cool looking image. Looks like some new type of ferns.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,539
    edited December 1969

@Tim - nice fractals.

@mermaid010 - thank you.

@Jamie - thank you.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Yeah, lovely fractals all.

I've never used Apophysis, but have used the free Mendelbulb 3D 'ware, where you can also create 3D fractal objects, and then use them in Bryce...like the below.

Jay

Fractal.jpg
    1240 x 772 - 851K
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Today's doodle.
    Clock from Archive 3D... Clock face changed, materials all re-done in Bryce.

Clock.jpg
    750 x 975 - 282K
    edited December 1969

@Jay - I discovered an installed version of Mandelbulb yesterday but I haven't got the hang of it yet. Your thingy looks great.

@Dave - clock looks great. One screw is in the brick and one in the mortise.

I finally converted the HDRIs I made yesterday to terrains. Both render only use the respective HDRI as terrain, material on terrain, backdrop and light. I used the spherical projection for the terrain but the first one has additionally two terrains made from the angular map.

Dragevil.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 81K
    Coneowy.jpg
    1000 x 625 - 131K
    edited December 1969

Horo, that red one is very unusual-looking...reminds me of the Wizard of Oz for some unknown reason.

Yeah, the Mendelbulb 3D is super - a great community out there, too, who offer their code(s) for free use (usually one just gives credit to the coder). Got someone's code awhile back, and created the below in M-3D - called it 'Spikeworld' at the time.

And lest I turn anybody off using M-3D and code and all that etc., one doesn't need to know anything about the code, as one simply puts it into the software, and it does all the imagery stuff for you.

Jay

SpikeWorld.jpg
    1016 x 565 - 318K
  • IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159
    edited December 1969

You all knew I'd find this thread eventually, right? Here's a quickie of our favorite clown updated for December 2014. BTW- any leads to a suitable hair for G2M would be cool. Rendered in B Pro7.something

soon.jpg
    1248 x 384 - 85K
    edited December 1969

@Jay: First image looks like an ancient craft crash landed. Looks way neat. Second image looks like one of those structures space explorers find on an uncharted planet. Also way too cool.

@David: Nice looking clock. Does it keep accurate time?

@Horo: Both of those images are neat. Red one looks as though it has several ships in the foreground. Second one looks like an old, dead, city.

edited December 1969

Jay: Both the Mandelbulb 3D images are so cool. I downloaded it at the same time I downloaded the Apophysis and found the Apophysis easier to use. I will give it another try.

Dave: Nice looking clock.

Horo: Both images are nicely done, my fave the second one.

edited December 1969

Cheers, Guss.

Must give Apophysis a try, Mermaid...although that said, I hate starting into a another software (sigh), as I kinda tend to stick with one 'ware for a long time before moving on to the next.

Jay

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @David: Nice looking clock. Does it keep accurate time?

It's correct twice a day... Which is more accurate than Bryce's estimated time for a render to complete :lol:
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 870
    edited December 1969

Wonderful renders here. I still stuck with DAZ3D figures and the attempt to get quite convincing looking skin. Here my latest results of a test with Genesis Male and Female characters. Lit with a dome and a radial light. Any comments appreciated.

g2mbase_face_sm.jpg
    500 x 500 - 23K
    g2fbase_face_sm.jpg
    500 x 500 - 22K
    edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:

Must give Apophysis a try, Mermaid...although that said, I hate starting into a another software (sigh), as I kinda tend to stick with one 'ware for a long time before moving on to the next.

Jay

I can relate to this to some extend, I don't use a lot of programs maybe just 5 or so that's it. :lol:

Electro-Elvis - I think the skin is looking nice.

edited December 1969

@Dave: Guess that's right, duh. :cheese:

@electro: Both look nice, though to me a bit too splotchy.

edited December 1969

A quick render using one of the sky presets from David’s [url= http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-pro-cloudscapes-5-example-one]Cloudspaces-5

cloud1.jpg
    749 x 500 - 33K
    edited December 2014

@Jay - building, or whatever it is, looks interesting. Nice sky, too.

@Ikyoto - sign looks good. I like the soons that have no DAZ in front of them.

@Jamie - thank you.

@mermaid010 - thank you. Very nice landscape.

@electro-elvis - skins look quite good to me. Perhaps a bit more specular?

Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

Today's doodle.

Seriously cool!
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Ikyoto said:
    Today's doodle.

Seriously cool!

Hi Squirrel man, are you joining the Bryce community now. Welcome aboard. :coolsmile:

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 2014

Been laid up with man-flu, which as you are probably aware is a deadly and terrible thing. Watch this to see how this condition should be dealt with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbmbMSrsZVQ

In the mean time I see that the renders posted to this thread continue to impress and Horo has taken some of my synthetic HDRI and processed them and balanced them with his "arcane" HDRI skills (Edit - so yes, they probably look quite similar to before - but the values are different). I've run off some tests with these new adjusted HDRI. I don't yet know where this idea is going. So expect the results to be a bit "abstract" until some sense of direction prevails.

A nice thing about these scenes, as opposed to other rendering approaches is that they all render in a few minutes due to employing direct light from the HDRI rather than using more "exotic" methods. As was used with the gemstones earlier.

P65_test_scene4.jpg
    654 x 850 - 432K
    P65_test_scene3.jpg
    654 x 850 - 280K
    P65_test_scene2.jpg
    654 x 850 - 280K
    P65_test_scene1.jpg
    654 x 850 - 350K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited December 1969

As is the nature of experiments, many are performed... Here, given the last set didn't look really radically different from the previous one, here's another selection using some variants.

The last image shows the subset of HDRI that Horo has adjusted for me so I can experiment. What so far I have yet to gain any feel for is how a HDRI will "perform" based on how it looks in preview. Probably because no preview can adequately express the values contained in the HDRI - by its very nature. Hence the need for experimentation.

Guide_to_HDRI.jpg
    1155 x 892 - 610K
    P65_test_scene4b.jpg
    654 x 850 - 511K
    P65_test_scene3b.jpg
    654 x 850 - 314K
    P65_test_scene2b.jpg
    654 x 850 - 270K
    P65_test_scene1b.jpg
    654 x 850 - 268K
    edited December 1969

And a couple of abstracts for good measure. Again, at the moment just trying to work out what will work. Other more all encompassing HDRI for this subject do not seem to. So a "picture" is slowly forming - hopefully.

P65_test_abstract2.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 827K
    P65_test_abstract1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 914K
    edited December 2014

Gorgeous, David...very futuristic-looking the first one.

My latest...still playing with my lady stuff...

Title: Welcome Back.

Jay

WelcomeBack.jpg
    1002 x 871 - 1M
    Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • eermusiceermusic Posts: 15
    edited December 2014
    BabylonFalls.jpg
    1274 x 478 - 578K
    ResurrectionDay.jpg
    1274 x 478 - 498K
    NexusOfRevelation.jpg
    1274 x 478 - 538K
    AfterTheLastPsychicWars.jpg
    1274 x 478 - 582K
    Post edited by eermusic on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Ikyoto said:
    Today's doodle.

Seriously cool!

Hi Squirrel man, are you joining the Bryce community now. Welcome aboard. :coolsmile: I've always loved Bryce- other than I can never get my cameras to "point at" things right off and Dave's stuff is so cool looking I feel like I'm doing stick figures on DaVinci's doorstep...

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

so many beautiful renders!!! ....great work everyone :)

this is a sample of something im working on, not even close to being finished yet though :)

Festive_1.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 83K
    edited December 1969

As is the nature of experiments, many are performed... Here, given the last set didn't look really radically different from the previous one, here's another selection using some variants.

The last image shows the subset of HDRI that Horo has adjusted for me so I can experiment. What so far I have yet to gain any feel for is how a HDRI will "perform" based on how it looks in preview. Probably because no preview can adequately express the values contained in the HDRI - by its very nature. Hence the need for experimentation.

GIMMIEGIMMIEGIMMIE
    GIMMIEGIMMIEGIMMIE
    GIMMIEGIMMIEGIMMIE
    (remember to breath)
    GIMMIEGIMMIEGIMMIE
    GIMMIEGIMMIEGIMMIE
    GIMMIEGIMMIEGIMMIE

Boy, I'll bet people missed that!

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 870
    edited December 1969

Jamahoney "Welcome Back" Lovely scene. The plant on the left side seems to be a pimped up IvyGenerator model. Really cool. I wanted to write something about her belt, but she has pulled it a bit tighter in the meanwhile ;-) The only tiny thing I could mention is this flat grey behind her.

David: "Man flu" Thank you for sharing. :-D I especially like the third synthetic HDRI with this roof window-like effect and the fourth makes a very interesting effect.

DocSavage: Your watch a the brick wall is simply stunning

eermusic: I like your pictures. A bit disturbing sometimes.

Tim Bateman: Promising scene, Nice fire. It still looks a bit cold, maybe because there is hardly any reddish reflection in the fireplace.

Ikyoto: I try to got my breath back Hh, hh, hh, ...okay... Still trouble with the G2M hair?

Horo: Your HDRI driven terrains are interesting. NIce colors and impressing skies.

Thank all for your comment to my skin models.

Now another idea came in my mind. I thought i could anything but simulate the top mesh light of DAZ' Reality product. As you probably know, it is a special light source that gives a pleasant soft light with soft shadows. I thought a square dome light might be something similar, if you do not put it around your objects, but put it above your objects, like reality's top mesh light. Here my result. I am afraid, it is quite render time consuming. 6 hours with a rather low TA rate of 36.

realitytopmeshlightfake.jpg
    700 x 700 - 48K
This discussion has been closed.