Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 8

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

@David, nice crystal cluster there. With the crystal references lately I've been getting the itch to do all those crystal renders I never got around to doing... except that I'm in the middle of something else (actually have BOTH computers running Bryce continuously right now.) I just can't do it all at once.

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited November 2014

Sean: you were right on it died for good had to get a new Hard Drive...Got a 3 year warranty on this one...LOL I am re-downloading everything pain in the rear!! any way I lost my way to the secret windows virtual file...If anyone knows where it lives please let me know...I am really enjoying all of the really great renders..keep up the wonderful work everyone.........Trish

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

"C:\Users\\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\Bryce7\Presets\".

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much kind Sir

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@David: Thanks for the information.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited November 2014

@ David - the only thing that comes to mind about your last render is WOW! ...that is very nicely done! :)

also congrats on the free space, oh i know how that feel's :) ...i never thought when i bought my external drive's that i would ever! be able to fill them, but! i have :) ...i might have to do some cleaning myself lol ...out of roughly 10TB of space i have roughly 7-800 Gb free :D

Post edited by Tim82 on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,539
    edited December 1969

@Jay - thank you. Yeah, vegetation, also some animals hunting in the twilight. I haven't seen humanoids yet.

@Tim - thank you. Very nice scene from you, too.

@Sandy - thank you.

@Jamie - thank you.

@David - thank you. Nice crystals. We find this kind in the region I live, but only the clear ones and I'm too lazy to search them out. Involves too much hiking in the steep mountains.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited December 1969

Horo - another beautiful render

Tim Bateman - like Horo your landscapes are awesome.

David - wow beautiful crystals, love the colors.

edited December 1969

@ Mermaid - thank you very much :)

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited November 2014

A couple of new things to make in Wings 3D.

Rendered in Bryce using Horo's latest Psudo Ortonised HDRI.

Wings 3D - square section torus knot - by David Brinnen

Wings 3D - 16:12 torus knotted strips - by David Brinnen

And thank you for your kind words regarding the crystals, I'm glad you like the effect. Again - using Horo's latest "PO" HDRI.

16_to_12_torus_knot_strip1.jpg
    889 x 500 - 196K
    Square_section_torus_knot1.jpg
    889 x 500 - 404K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited November 2014

David...first one looks great...reminds me of that roller coaster ride I took last summer... :sick: :sick:

Latest below...intended to do an hdri with it, but, phew, it started off at two days...etc.,..hehe he...good luck with that ;)

Title: Ladybird.

Jay

LadyBird.jpg
    1189 x 889 - 531K
    Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited December 1969

@David: Thanks for the videos, shapes are great looking. Especially the second one.

@Jay: Nice image.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Dufus is trying to take a selfie.

DufusSelfie.jpg
    975 x 975 - 477K
    edited December 1969

@mermaid010 - thank you.

@David - another set of interesting torus knots.

@Jay - lovely render.

@Dave - good to see Dufus back. Very cool pose.

I zoomed in on the far island of the render shown on page 53 #790.

AngestIsland.jpg
    1000 x 625 - 154K
    edited November 2014

David - Thanks for the new videos, cool renders

Jay - Nice image.

Dave - So cute I mean Dufus's pose, lovely render. Did you model the camera in Bryce or Wings 3D

Edited: Horo seems like we cross posted. Another beautiful render.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited December 1969

Another random landscape :)

Mountain_top.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 79K
    edited November 2014

Tim – another beautiful render. - love it :-)

My attempts at Wings 3D - square section torus knot - by David Brinnen and

Wings 3D - 16:12 torus knotted strips - by David Brinnen

Thanks David I love doing your tutorials and always look forward to them.

Edited: to add the 3rd image

16-12torusa.jpg
    600 x 600 - 54K
    16-12torus1.jpg
    600 x 600 - 36K
    squaredtorus.jpg
    600 x 600 - 48K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited December 1969

@ Mermaid - thank you :)

I also attempted David's torus knot shape :)

Woven_Torus_1.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 86K
    edited December 1969

Another random landscape :)

Very believable, good job.
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 870
    edited November 2014

This is a WIP. It began with my attempt to pose the lady by myself within DAZ 4.6. After 1 1/2 hour I got the result you see here. I was not able to make convincing smoke with Bryce, so I drew it in Photoshop.

SittingAndSmoking.jpg
    700 x 700 - 59K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
    edited December 1969

@Dave: That's a real cute image. But how is Dufus going to trip the shutter?

@Horo: Nice image. Adding the planet is a nice touch.

@Tim Bateman: Really nice random landscape. Nice results following David's tutorial.

@mermaid: Nice results. That first one looks like one wicked roller coaster.

@electro: WIP looks good so far. Like the lighting from the floor lamp.

On the Hexagon forum, a thread called Greebles caught my interest, since I had no idea what Greebles were. Turns out Greebles are those bits and pieces seen on Sci-Fi objects, like all the outer structures on the Star Wars Death Star. Gary Miller came up with a way to create them using Hexagon, and I found out there's an add-on for Blender which also creates Greebles. Below are two Greeble images but each with different material, changing the way each appears.

Greeble_6.png
    1080 x 810 - 2M
    Greeble_3.png
    1080 x 810 - 1M
    edited December 1969

@ Guss - nice one, that would look really good as a panel texture on a sci fi space craft :)

I thought I would share this as well :) ...I am trying to make a texture that looks some what like wet glass and wet can, I think im on the right track, just needs a bit more tweaking ....im interested to hear outside opinions, dose it look close or no ?

Coke_WIP_1.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 109K
  • KerynaKeryna Posts: 101
    edited December 1969

Wow Tim Bateman, I think you've a achieved a milestone in realism for Bryce rendering with the coke scene - its beautiful and so impressive. Your work with this & other scenes is inspirational.

edited December 1969

@mermaid010 - thank you. Knots look great.

@Tim - landscape looks quite real. Knot looks great, too. Cola bottle and can look very good. the top of the liquid in the bottle looks a bit weird.

@electro-elvis - very nice render. Cigarette smoke looks great. The skin misses a bit of specular.

@Jamie - thank you. Greeble images reminds me of the city maps in the Architecture materials library.

TheBlast.jpg
    800 x 534 - 148K
  • KerynaKeryna Posts: 101
    edited December 1969

I took some time catch up on some ore recent posts and have been very impressed with everyone's work on the gems, landscapes and objects / people. The great detail & high-realism of almost all renders seem to be pushing the envelope on what we've been doing in past years. I've been very slack (and nervous) in posting to the forum, so I thought I put in this one with one of my first experiment with Bryce DoF.
    This was a combination of two renders and I thing I can do better... but it turned out quite interestingly.

The scene is called "Four Rhinos of the Apocalypse" (and was inspired as a little tribute/addendum to Jimmy Hendrix's song 'All a long the watchtower': (paraphrased for rhinaholics)
    "Out there in the cold distance
    a wild cat did growl.
    Four rhinos were approaching,
    and the wind began to howl..."

BR_Stark-DOF1-fn-no_txt.jpg
    2000 x 1305 - 1M
    edited November 2014

@ Horo - thank you, and yes you are right! it dose look a bit strange...i think i might change that part to a volume, or maybe just tweak the altitude part of the texture to break up and go slightly transparent on the top, im not quite sure how to achieve a foamy kind of look with a procedural texture, im still a bit new with the texture editor :) ,ps...your render looks great! ...nicely done :)

@ keryna - thank you very much, that's very kind of you to say :) ....that's a very interesting render you have posted! ...great work :)

Post edited by Tim82 on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Cheers, Horo and Mermaid.

Elvis...pose is great. Like you, I'm just discovering the whole use of modelling the model (I find the facial options incredible).

Guss...hmmm, I never heard of greebles either...and I've been into the astro stuff for years, but not the graphic astro-jargon, so I guess I'm forgiveable.

Tim...can and bottle works super. I had thought that the silver part in the bottle's top half looked odd, but I think Coke does have that silvery, 'paint' stuffy thingy on the bottle itself (yeah, I'm not a Coke drinker, but my nephew loves it when going to the 'pics' cinema). I would imagine putting some drops (squished spheres etc.,) on the edge areas of the bottle and the cap areas of both objects would add more 3D effects.

Keryna...dof is super, but too many rhinos for me (a suitable jungle backdrop would add more to the dangerous encounter with these wildies, I would imagine). Let's hope the poachers don't get 'em - a major problem these days.

Jay

edited December 1969

@keryna - that's a nice render. I perceive the rhinos as small models, not as full sized animals. This is due to DOF. DOF tends to make things appear small, photographed with a macro lens. This is meant as a tip, not as critique.

@Tim - thanks.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Good to see the tutorials getting used. Thank you Mermaid!

And Tim. Also, very plausible landscape, perfectly pitched haze settings and the terrain shape and material choice is outstanding. Could easily be mistaken for a photograph.

Electro-Elvis, Lighting looks good, skin is always an issue due to the need for SSS, to overcome that is very difficult without SSS. Very careful use of custom made effects mats can do it (Rashad has studied this) or put your figure in a very bright environment with no obviously predominant light source. An off used ploy employed by this artist http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/326/ to great effect.

If displacement worked reliably I'd propose that for Greebles... It would be nice if it was fixed...

I concur that the Rhino render is interesting. The quality is good, the subject curious... should they not be being ridden by the four rhinomen of the apocalypse?

From me, a bit of an experiment with home made HDR.

Oct_hdri_test5.jpg
    889 x 500 - 264K
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105
    edited December 1969

Messing about with icicles, snow, textures and lighting :-)

Not the best of images :-)

iceicle-cave-003.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 598K
    iceicle-cave-002.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 643K
    iceicle-cave-001.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 558K
    ice-wall-001.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 507K
This discussion has been closed.