Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 8

Comments

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895
    edited December 1969

@StuartB4: Yes, you are right, as confirmed by GussNemo himself. I just did not read carefully enough and assumed the wheel was on the floor.

@GussNemo: I think the fact that the wheel is not on the floor (which you mentioned, but I did not read or not remember) explains the reflection looking odd to someone that assumes (like me) that it is on the floor, Sorry for that!

@Tim Bateman: Australia must be beautiful, but it sure can be dangerous, I understand. And your new render of gems looks more convincing indeed.

@Horo: I actually think I like the HDRI only best. And the gemstone set looks to be getting a lot of attention, because it looks great!

@mx42b: Good looking young lady in a beautiful surrounding. I think she would have been more comfortable on that couch though?

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@hansmar: Not a problem. It might have been better to actually ground it instead of floating it.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited December 1969

Nice work everyone

Horo - looking forward to the gift, thanks in advance :)

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

I saw this product in the store, i thought it would make a nice bryce render :)

Tree_House_1.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 120K
    edited December 1969

@Tim Bateman: Except for the sky it look nice.

edited December 1969

@Tim Bateman: Very nice render. I think the sky is OK, kinda misty morning atmosphere.

Here is a new quick one from me. I made the terrain by modifying a blank Photoshop Elements file with filters, selecting parts with lasso and modifying those parts separately. Then I looded the figure in the DTE in Bryce and did further modification, mostly lowering and smoothing (because the PE files are very spiky in the way I make them). A night sky, a 'desert' texture and a free landing model (Nasa), et voila: Landing on the comet (or 'harsh conditions 2).
    There are actually two terrains behind each other here for suffient space on the comet.
    Hope you like it!

harsh_conditions2.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 922K
    edited December 1969

@ Hansmar - nice idea, and very nice render...great job :)

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,539
    edited December 1969

@Tim - that's an interesting model.

@hansmar - very nice setup and well done. I like the result. You used a rather narrow FOV, the Bryce star-disks make me think so.

edited December 1969

Tim - love the render so serene

Hansmar - I find the method you are using for height maps interesting. Thanks for sharing.

edited December 1969

Experimenting with stacked terrains again. The materials used are from our terrain sets.

GreenIsland.jpg
    1000 x 667 - 134K
    edited December 1969

@ Tim Bateman, mermaid010, Horo: Thanks and welcome. The FOV is 60. Actually never given it a lot of thought.

So, I decided to redo the same scene, same location of camera with a FOV of 90. Interesting new view, don't you think. Shows the dangers of space even more clearly.
    I should play with the camera more often, I think!

harsh_conditions_2a.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 687K
    edited December 1969

@hansmar: Nice images. That second image does show one wrong step can get you in trouble.

@Horo: Another nicely done image.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

I'm stuck rapidly learning Wings 3D in more depth for my latest project.

LogoDisc.jpg
    700 x 410 - 118K
    edited December 1969

@Dave: Nice work.

edited December 1969

@hansmar - looking even better. Camera FOV is an important setting. The default 60° is a compromise. If you do landscapes or space scenes, you can even go to 120°. For still life and objects, 40° or less is often a good choice.

@Jamie - thank you.

@Dave - looking interesting, not sure what it is, though.

edited November 2014

great renders im seeing. particularly horo's landscape...it looks amazing :)

here's a little something i am working on at the moment :)

Octopuss_1.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 94K
    Post edited by Tim82 on
    edited December 1969

@Tim Bateman: That is a nice image.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Displacement activity. I need to tidy up my HD - running out of space (again). But instead lured into noodling around in Bryce (again). Just a little random something. Wings 3D used for modeling (even though I should be learning more Modo). Gemstone lighting and materials used.

Funky_shape2.jpg
    889 x 500 - 353K
    edited December 1969

Horo – another beautiful scene

Hansmar – the second render looks very nice..

Dave – very nice render

Tim –the underwater scene is lovely

David – another awesome render

edited December 1969

@David: Love the results you achieved in your latest image.

edited December 1969

@ David - great looking scene, awesome materials also :) ....great work

edited December 1969

@Tim - octupus scene looks great.

@David - that came out great.

@mermaid010 - thank you.

This landscape belongs to a planet with a double sun, hot dwarf and cool red giant. Two suns and still not a bright world.

DimLand.jpg
    1000 x 600 - 91K
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Tim...that 'octopus' looks great (PS. did an auto-levels on it in my graphics 'ware, and it comes up super - try it).

Horo...great work...looks like it's a planet of life, too, what with all that water and vegetation. I always knew there was life on other planets ;)

Jay

edited December 1969

@ Jamahoney - thank you, and yes i did try that with paint shop pro :) ...i was going to post that but i wanted to just share the original outcome of the render :)

edited December 1969

@ Horo - that scene looks amazing! ...great job :)

i thought i would share this as well :)

River_Valley.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 115K
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105
    edited December 1969

Horo

A very serene scene.

Tim

Looks like a few places I have been to :)

edited December 1969

@Horo: Nice scene, love the colors on the water.

@Tim Bateman: Great looking image that has a very nice atmosphere.

edited December 1969

Well I can only echo the praise for Tim's and Horo's landscapes! With 200 gb's freed off on my HD's no longer showing red and getting warnings. I can afford to get back to material experiments.

Crystal_1_test2.jpg
    654 x 850 - 447K
    Crystal_1_test1.jpg
    654 x 850 - 446K
    edited December 1969

@David: Wow, those two are really nice. They look like actual crystal clusters. How are they created?

edited November 2014

GussNemo said:
    @David: Wow, those two are really nice. They look like actual crystal clusters. How are they created?

The model was generated from a sphere and displaced in Modo using a procedural texture (a very similar thing to Bryce's but in Modo displacement is more stable and...) in Modo I can bake the procedurally generated geometry into a real mesh and export it to Bryce.

Then I took a new Pseudo Ortonised HDRI Horo has sent me to test and set it up similar to what is shown in the gemstone video, but better (you will see in the Xmas gift if you pick it up) because Horo is a clever fellow - and mixed it in with a multi channel material again based on the gemstone video but... a bit more complex (but only so much as in textures) not so much as in overall theory.

Then... rendered with Premium effects to give DOF and TA.

While it is disappointing that Bryce has not been updated, even if only to fix Mac compatibility, there is still plenty of gemstones to uncover if you are prepared to dig (an almost pun for the benefit of Dave).

Post edited by David Brinnen on
This discussion has been closed.