Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 8

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited December 1969

Beautiful work from everyone :)

David – love the material and effect of the dragon render. For the past week I have been trying the Gemstone effect using phased hypertexture. I’m having problems with getting the right setting for the phased hypertexture. After trying various combinations using the pdfs from Horo’s site, I end up with either a completely black or completely washed out white effect. Can you share your phased hyper texture setting with us, I would really like to try to get the effect you got the dragon render. Thanks

An Abstract -my attempt at your Bryce Gold material setup and the triskelion model you shared. Thanks for the tutorials.

triskelionabstract.jpg
    600 x 600 - 55K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,539
    edited December 1969

Hi all;
    My apologizes this response is so late (I thought life got simpler when one becomes a "Senior Citizen").
    Dan

You're joking. That's the most fruitful phase in life.
    The lady is presented superbly. Really, a masterpiece, Dan.

@Roland4 - chest looking very nice.

@mermaid010 - very nice shape. David used an HDRI as backdrop. Otherwise, he used a one component PHT with phase at 407. There is some more but I leave it to David to share the setting. It's his idea, not mine.

edited December 1969

Horo said:

@mermaid010 - very nice shape. David used an HDRI as backdrop. Otherwise, he used a one component PHT with phase at 407. There is some more but I leave it to David to share the setting. It's his idea, not mine.

Thanks Horo, I figured David uses phase at 407 and I tried that with varies settings even using one component 1D then 2D then 3D, there must be some other settings, something simple that I am missing. ;)

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited November 2014

Horo said:

Thanks Horo, I figured David uses phase at 407 and I tried that with varies settings even using one component 1D then 2D then 3D, there must be some other settings, something simple that I am missing. ;)

Here are the settings for the material used in the video. Only the first component is active. There are no other filters or adjustments. But to be fair to you, the whole process is rather involved and critical. If you miss something out, just one thing, it is likely to break down. If this does not help, email me and I will post you the mat to try in your scene.

Edit (don't forget in this case, it is the Diffuse colour that is doing the main fine tuning work - that is not white but balanced on the cusp of subtracting too much through Metallicity or not enough).

After that, some more pearlescent opalescenet stuff and then something with "unreal" qualities.

Great selection of renders on show, nice to see Dan back again!

Opal9.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 860K
    Fire+ice1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 989K
    DTE_settings1.jpg
    914 x 664 - 211K
    Material.jpg
    670 x 540 - 207K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited December 1969

Thanks David - the hyper texture setting are the same as yours, not sure about the material, till I check it. If I still have problems I will email you.

Love the 1st render........it's awesome

edited December 1969

Thanks David - the hyper texture setting are the same as yours, not sure about the material, till I check it. If I still have problems I will email you.

Love the 1st render........it's awesome

Thanks, no problem. As I've said before, setting these up is fiddly and it only takes one small error for it not to work as expected. If this wasn't so, the ability to make hyper-textures would have been explored a decade ago.

Combined with a new multi layered HDRI by Horo - CSx3 + SC - AM, it is possible to squeeze ever more material effects out of Bryce. As I hope these renders show - diamond, opal, ruby and citrine. What is absent is some chromatic scattering and while there are ways of faking that, as demonstrated by Rashad, the other aim in these renders was to keep render times down. So there is a compromise - as always.

P62_example_scene8.jpg
    654 x 850 - 293K
    P62_example_scene3.jpg
    654 x 850 - 278K
    P62_example_scene2.jpg
    654 x 850 - 325K
    P62_example_scene1.jpg
    654 x 850 - 294K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@David: Nice results using those methods.

@Dave: Real nice looking rings.

@Iaunok: Nice looking images, especially the buildings.

@Roland: Beautiful box, additives really make it stand out.

@Dan: Reworked image in your gallery looks much better. New image also looks nice.

@mermaid: Like the results in your latest image.

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @David: Nice results using those methods.

@Dave: Real nice looking rings.

Thanks Jamie, here's some more that have been keeping my little office warm.

P62_example_scene9.jpg
    654 x 850 - 296K
    P62_example_scene7.jpg
    654 x 850 - 289K
    P62_example_scene6.jpg
    654 x 850 - 291K
    P62_example_scene5.jpg
    654 x 850 - 281K
    P62_example_scene4.jpg
    654 x 850 - 288K
    edited December 1969

@David: The new images are simply stunning. I'd say more like photos than renders.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

seeing all the beautiful gem's has made me feel like rendering some jewelry as well :)

Ring_Test_2.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 147K
    Ring_Test_1.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 130K
    edited December 1969

Thanks Guss

Beautiful work David and Tim Bateman

edited December 1969

i thought i would share this also ...i bought a splash pack a while ago, and am experimenting with it now :)

Glass_Test_1.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 90K
    edited December 1969

another random render :)

Shelby_GT.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 132K
  • Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

i thought i would share this also ...i bought a splash pack a while ago, and am experimenting with it now :)

Oh wow. That looks amazing!!!!

edited December 1969

@ Rashad - thank you :)

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Great renders Tim. Superb materials from David (my favourite is the one that looks Amethist) And also great work from everyone else too.

I never get tired of seeing other people's renders, it's very inspiring.

My latest is just a terrain (with my own material applied) and a freebie prop.

WaterDesert.jpg
    1111 x 400 - 328K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,539
    edited December 1969

@Tim - rings look great, the water splash in the glass as well as the car.

@Dave - what a desolate arid place. Very well done.

edited December 1969

@ Horo - thank you, i thought i would try something a bit different....but i should stick to terrains i think :)

Appartment_test_1.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 189K
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105
    edited December 1969

Tim

Not a lot wrong with that other than all the furniture seems to have been pushed up to the far end. Must have been some party to need that amount of dance floor :)

edited December 1969

Tim - great renders, the water splash in the glass as well as the car. I agree with Sandy the furniture placement does not look right, the shadows and lighting beautiful.

Dave - that's one awesome render.

David - Emailed you a file today - phased hyper texture. Thanks for your help.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Thanks Mermaid.

Tim, another great render detail and lighting-wise. Apart from my OCD being triggered by only one leg of the table being on the rug. >:(

Here's my latest: A bit of recycling reusing the same V4 model import I used in the Bryce Render Challenge, only this time she's completely black.

CaveMouth.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 695K
    edited December 1969

Not yet arrived. Check the address it is co.uk not com as it was before[email protected]

edited December 1969

Not yet arrived. Check the address it is co.uk not com as it was before[email protected]

Resent it to the above, used the old email that I had in my contacts. :)

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 920
    edited December 1969

hello to you all :-)
    I'll show you my last render here:

the terrace.

Hope you like it...

Terrasse_1.jpg
    1400 x 787 - 712K
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105
    edited December 1969

yellow Pen

Beautiful render. I could spend a lot of time out there.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited November 2014

Super work, yellow Pen...sweltery, atmospheric feel to it and great lighting, too.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 920
    edited December 1969

thank you both :-)
    it rendered horrable 40 hours. I worked for it for more than one week, very many hours...this is built in Bryce, the terrasse, not imported.

I'm glad that you like it :-)

edited December 1969

@Tim Bateman: Jewelry is terrific. Pouring water experiment looks good. Car looks more like a photo than rendered. Room looks good to me. If you just stuck to terrains we'd all miss the other terrific work you do.

@Dave: The water tower image looks like some place out in the middle of nowhere. Or out behind some installation in the middle of nowhere. It has a great atmosphere. The V4 image is also nicely done.

@yellow Pen: Love that terrace. Looks like a very cozy place to relax.

edited December 1969

Very impressive renders from Tim, Dave and Yellow Pen!

I've been working on what will be part of Horo's and my Yuletide offering - returning to the topic of DTE generated terrains. Making new videos and working on and updating old scenes. Here are some samples of what I've been working on.

Popup_j.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Popup_h.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 915K
    Popup_g.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 683K
    edited December 1969

@David: It will be great the see the finished results. And thank you beforehand.

This discussion has been closed.