Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 8

Comments

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

@ Guss - with or without the snow guss it still looks excellent :)

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited December 1969

David - the latest render is awesome, looking forward to the gift, thanks in advance :)

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

David - the latest render is awesome, looking forward to the gift, thanks in advance :)

You are welcome - in advance!

Here's a thing in the new gemstone process and a video to show how it was made Wings 3D - three part triply twist it - by David Brinnen

Tripply_twist_it_2.jpg
    800 x 450 - 186K
    edited December 1969

Wow David this one is really awesome

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895
    edited December 1969

@David: wonderful renders!

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Thank you. I did another with a hypertexture driven ambient effect for the inner scaffolding.

Tripply_twist_it_3.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 726K
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

The latest...Jay

Title: Jumper

Jumper.jpg
    1628 x 857 - 793K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited November 2014

@David: Four sphere would be a nice present, they are nice. Your latest Wings object turned out nice, especially the first image.

@mermaid: Thanks. Can't really add something when you don't know how. ;-)

@Jay: Suuurrreee glad I don't have vertigo. That's a long way down. Perspective is great.

Here's a image of the bicycle wheel I did following a tutorial that's, um, wanting. I forgot I had to fix a problem not mentioned in the tutorial, and thanks to Art's easy fix, ended up with something that looked nice. Without Art's easy fix, the wheel looked like a wheel from a Sting Ray style bike, not an ordinary bike. Art's fix was to bevel the edges of the spokes where they met the rim, just a bit, I used .01. Then using the MMB select inset and inset just a bit, I used .001119--that's just a bit. :lol: Adding this bit of geometry fixed the weird geometry that forms when the entire wheel is smooth. The wheel isn't grounded because it's a test image to see if I like the setup and maybe animate the wheel. Time will tell if I change my mind.

Wings_Bicycle_Wheel_3.png
    1080 x 810 - 882K
    Post edited by GussNemo on
    edited December 1969

Jay - nice perspective - desperate jumper

Guss - the wheel came out great. I hope you do animate it.

edited December 1969

@ Guss - that's an interesting render, looks nice though :)

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 870
    edited November 2014

@GussNemo: Nice snow globe and also the bycicle wheel looks great. Did you do it with Wings3d?

@Tim Bateman: Amazing picture of a country road. I wonder how you get this smooth transition between the road and the grass. And the diamonds are gorgeous, though I have the feeling the smaragde goes thru the diamond. What value for Maximum Ray Depth and TIR did you use?

@David: Thanks a lot for your tutorials. Great stuff

@mermaid010: Beautiful objects and very nicely lit.

@hansmar: From a flower to a mountain :) Very Interesting.

@Jamahoney :-) that's cool. Poor guy - probably a sad love story

Maybe it's because of her... ;-)

onthebeach.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 88K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
    edited December 1969

@ Electro Elvis - very nice render :) ...and i think the ray depth was 8 or 12, and 4 on the internal :) ...i could be wrong i will check my settings and get back to you if you like ?

edited December 1969

@David: great new wings-jewelry render!

@Jay: Fantastic perspective. Poor guy, too late to save him now.

@GussNemo: Wonderful bicycle wheel!. I do think the reflection is a bit strange, it is rather far under the wheel. Any clue why that happens?

@electro-elvis: Thanks. I guess you found the girl the poor guy is heartbroken about! She looks quite attractive.

edited December 1969

Cheers, Guss. Great wheel...an animation of it would seriously look cool, I would imagine.

Thanks, Mermaid...the day the bubble burst (Wall Street Crash of 1929... etc.,).

Elvis, yeah, defintely...she's a possible cause ;)

Hansmar, cheers. AH, but did he really succeed in jumping...there might have been just a few microseconds to catch the railing.

Below, another perspective.

Jay

Jumper2.jpg
    1268 x 866 - 681K
    edited December 1969

@Jay: Well, my feeling of physics would say he would have to be a wonderboy to grab a railing from that position. But, maybe he is! I think I like the perspective from below even better!

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,539
    edited November 2014

@Tim - very nice country road.

@David - balls look great, triple twist, too.

@Jay - well, what this chap is up to isn't good for his health. Great perspective, I get vertigo just looking at it. The second one looking up is a bit less heavy on the stomach but a bit later it may not look so nice.

@Jamie - the wheel came out nicely.

@electro-elvis - very nice mood.

I also played a bit with the gemstone material. However, I made two renders: one with TA and one with IBL. I saved both renders as 96-bit TIFFs, processed and combined them as HDRI and finally tone-mapped the combination. The object used is Alien Artifact 18 from MatCreator.

AA18.jpg
    594 x 720 - 96K
    AA182.jpg
    792 x 479 - 87K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

Hansmar...I think you're right...SPLAT ;)

PS. I know it's a touchy subject, so no effence intended to anyone.

Horo...oooh, that combined process works a treat - super third image.

Jay

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited November 2014

@Hansmar.
    I noticed you mentioned Gussnemo's wheel reflection looking strange.

He did mention that the wheel is not touching the ground, so there is a gap between the wheel and the reflection.

The wheel isn’t grounded because it’s a test image to see if I like the setup and maybe animate the wheel.

:)
    Post edited by StuartB on
    edited December 1969

i had an unwelcome guest at my front door today! ...a 4 feet long red belly black snake, i took 2 pictures of it i will post them when i get a chance to get them from my camera :)

@ Horo - very nice render's, also really interesting shape's ....how did you go about making those if you don't mind me asking ? :)

edited December 1969

@mermaid: Thank you, glad you liked it.

@Tim Bateman: Thanks.

@electro: Thanks. Yes, it was done using Wings 3D following a tutorial I found on the web. The tutorial leaves a bit to be desired, you need to read between the lines too much. Plus, his method of duplicating the spokes doesn't work as he shows, when rotated too much has to be done to line up both ends. And, he leaves out what needs done where the spokes meet the rim. Art's fix of beveling and insetting solves that problem, though.

@hansmar: Thank you. I take it you mean the actual wheel reflection beneath the wheel? After the chain gear I animated, I saw this wheel might be nice animated. So when I set up the image I kept the wheel off the ground so it would be an object spinning in the air when animated. I wonder if the reflection looks a bit strange because the HDRI lighting comes in from the top left area, sun from the bottom right. Or perhaps I didn't initially get the wheel completely vertical.

@Jay: That building image is impressive. I do prefer the Terra Ferma view myself, feet on the ground and all that.

@Horo: Oooo, shiny objects look great. Neat idea combining both to get the third result.

edited November 2014

Electro-Elvis - Thanks. Your render is very nicely done, lovely lighting.

Jay - I like the second render.

Horo - really cool objects, nice experiments, my fav the last one.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited December 1969

@Jay - thank you.

@Tm - making the object was simple. I just loaded it from the library in which I had put the Alien Artefacts from MatCreator earlier. ;-P

@Jamie - thank you.

edited December 1969

@ Horo - haha i didnt know about that pack :) ty for the link though

also here are the pics of the snake that was outside my door today :)

S2.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 664K
    S1.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 600K
  • mx42bmx42b Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

The lady insisted she get a pic with more substance to it. I agreed. Hope you like it..

posde2xx3.jpg
    1440 x 875 - 342K
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105
    edited December 1969

Nice renders everyone. Nothing from me ATM as I am finishing off some DAZ Studio ones :-)

edited December 1969

i decided to go back to my gem scene and try to make it just a little bit more convincing, I hope i succeeded :)

Gems_2.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 157K
    edited December 1969

@Tim - quite a long thing. Gems look more convincing.

@mx42b - lady looks great, also what's around her.

Since David already mentioned it 2 pages earlier, here's what you'll get from us for Xmas 2014 if all goes well.

Gemstones.jpg
    500 x 650 - 83K
    edited December 1969

@ Horo - that's a great looking pack! in advance i would like to thank you and David for your efforts :)

edited December 1969

@Tim Bateman: Any idea what type of snake that is/was? Sure a long sucker. You gems do look better, the emerald and ruby are more visible.

@mx42b: The new and improved lady image does look better with the additions. Nice work.

@Horo: Like Tim, thank you in advance of release. They sure look nice.

edited December 1969

@ Guss - yeah its a Red belly black snake :) it was only a baby, about 4 feet long ...there very common here in Australia :)

This discussion has been closed.