Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited December 2015

All those nice renders made with bryce are so wonderful! As usual I particularly like landscapes one because I'm familiar with landscaping. Also, abstracts and miscs are very good looking in all this thread.

I'd like to show you a bryce scene I've made some few months ago. It's a canyon with a lot and a lot of pines trees (about 60000). I've clone them manually and it has been a real challenge to land them all one by one on the terrains. Of course it's some bryce trees but there is also some xfrogs pines here and there on the foreground.

Right now I'm working on my lenticular clouds scene and for the end of these year I'm going to show you another project. It will be one of the most incredible and photo real picture I've ever made with Bryce. The software is not dead, it's a fantastic tool!!

Well, for now here's my canyon picture, hope you like it. T.A render at 64 rays per pixel and 3 rays depth. Dan whiteside foggy dome surrounding the scene.

Canyon.jpg
    1300 x 910 - 1M
    Post edited by c-ram on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 2015

Well I've neglected Peter The Polar Bear on here this year, but just to let you know he's on shelves in selected shops and being sold at local craft fairs. This year, the addition of sheets of wrapping paper.

And as (most of) you know, he's rendered in Bryce.

Peter2Weeks.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 149K
    WrappingPaper.jpg
    506 x 700 - 77K
    LowFlyingScene.jpg
    623 x 960 - 69K
    IglooScene.jpg
    975 x 633 - 107K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
    edited December 2015

Thanks all for the feedback.  The fawn DID make it....to the feast! LOL

@Horo: Love the plants and "thing-a-ma-jig" you made in Wings! Nicely done.

@David Brinnen: Super render in Incendia Ex, and thanks for sharing your methods.  Never played with Incendia Ex so I may have to look into it.

@Vivien: Awesome Christmas scenes. You've done very well using the primitives. Especially love the Simpsons characters!

@C-ram: Another excellent render! 60,000 trees?! WoW!

@Dave: Are your wrapping paper/cards available for purchase?  Superb job, as always.

This render, titled, "Snowed In", is based on Scene 4 found in RajRaja's Winter Fantasies Project (http://www.daz3d.com/winter-fantasies-for-bryce).  I like the camera angle/mountains, but wanted to make it mine so I went about modifying the materials, lighting (Horo's Sunless HDRI Skies http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-sunless-hdri-skies), "tweaking" the mountains/terrains, adding vegetation (Bryce/Xfrog), included a cottage (http://www.sharecg.com/v/81989/browse/5/3D-Model/Low-Poly-Snow-Covered-Cottage), snowman (created in Wings), and a wreath (Bryce lattice/spheres).  I think it turned out pretty well, but there are things I'd like to fix, but I think I'm done playing now.

SnowedIn2.jpg
    1400 x 650 - 729K
    Post edited by Fencepost52 on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,540

Vivien - oh, those look cute!

c-ram - if I only had your patience. That's a beautiful and very realistic looking piece of art you've created.

Dave - great cards. Nice to see Peter The Polar Bear returning.

Art - thank you. Your winter scene looks beautiful, great lighting, too.

@Fencepost : very nice looking scene. I really like the sky. @Horo : Thank you. Bryce needs to be patient twice : when you compose that kind of scene and then when you render it. However, it only took about one day to calcute it. So, not that much here.
  • SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    c-ram said:

All those nice renders made with bryce are so wonderful! As usual I particularly like landscapes one because I'm familiar with landscaping. Also, abstracts and miscs are very good looking in all this thread.

I'd like to show you a bryce scene I've made some few months ago. It's a canyon with a lot and a lot of pines trees (about 60000). I've clone them manually and it has been a real challenge to land them all one by one on the terrains. Of course it's some bryce trees but there is also some xfrogs pines here and there on the foreground.

Right now I'm working on my lenticular clouds scene and for the end of these year I'm going to show you another project. It will be one of the most incredible and photo real picture I've ever made with Bryce. The software is not dead, it's a fantastic tool!!

Well, for now here's my canyon picture, hope you like it. T.A render at 64 rays per pixel and 3 rays depth. Dan whiteside foggy dome surrounding the scene.

Another masterpiece from you, Mark!
    One remark. Too much blur the foreground and too much noise.

edited December 2015
    @Dave: Are your wrapping paper/cards available for purchase?  Superb job, as always.

Thanks and yes they have been... But sadly due to time restrictions (I'm rushed off my feet with my other work), I've not had time to sort any Mail Order or online store arrangements, so we've just been selling them locally.

Though some Peter The Polar Bear wrapping paper has found it's way from the UK to Malaysia and here is photographed on a tropical beach. laugh

Your snowscene render is great BTW... I especially love the dramatic lighting but the snow also looks real.

PeterPrezzieBeach.jpg
    720 x 960 - 471K
    PeterPrezzieBeach.jpg
    720 x 960 - 471K

This render, titled, "Snowed In", is based on Scene 4 found in RajRaja's Winter Fantasies Project (http://www.daz3d.com/winter-fantasies-for-bryce).  I like the camera angle/mountains, but wanted to make it mine so I went about modifying the materials, lighting (Horo's Sunless HDRI Skies http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-sunless-hdri-skies), "tweaking" the mountains/terrains, adding vegetation (Bryce/Xfrog), included a cottage (http://www.sharecg.com/v/81989/browse/5/3D-Model/Low-Poly-Snow-Covered-Cottage), snowman (created in Wings), and a wreath (Bryce lattice/spheres).  I think it turned out pretty well, but there are things I'd like to fix, but I think I'm done playing now.

Fencepost52, very realistic lighting and material of snow. 

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895

@c-ram: Very nice view. I see you're an optimist!

@Dave Savage: Very nice card!

@Fencepost52: Truly amazing scene and render!

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 2015

What with all this festive cheer, I thought we should spare time for those who run from Christmas - this guy below is a particular friend of mine cheeky

Love the Simpson work, Vivien...a lot a work involved, too - an original.

Art...lighting just couldn't be better - very post-cardie, too.

Jay

CreditCardRun.jpg
    875 x 875 - 630K
    Post edited by Jamahoney on

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

edited December 2015

Dave - the photograph has the right weather for Peter Thr Polar Bear. In summer, we would expect a blue sky. laugh

Jay - that's a cool one. Great idea. Only improvement would be a bit of shadow softness.

A bit busy, but the nine tiled alt-posterized terrains make up a gigantic city on a far away planet and everybody inside the cubes is extremely busy. On second thought, it could also be just another abstract.

Gigapolis

Gigapolis.jpg
    800 x 534 - 220K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895

@Jamahoney: Great scene! Quick, he's getting away.

@Horo: Fantastic sci-fi city.

Hansmar - thank you.

Cheers, Chohole, Horo and Hansmar...just a bit fun wink

Jay

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited December 2015

Horo- beautiful still and awesome city/abstract

Vivien – thanks. Two lovely render, love the Simpsons

C-ram – Wow awesome, outstanding render, I admire your patience. Still waiting to see your finished Thai render http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/54051/making-of-my-next-scene-how-i-work-with-bryce#latest

Dave- nice to see new renders of Peter the Polar Bear. Good luck. smiley

Art- beautiful winter scene the snow and lighting perfect.

Jay -  I think that's mine, laugh

After trying for almost a day, to get a nice render using the Menger sponge and GWL (inspired by Horo's earlier render), I give up and starting playing with the TE Filter  www.daz3d.com/bryce-terrain-editor-advanced-filters and the www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-sunless-hdri-skies  and 2 models from Spacebones’ (ShareCG) –Lost City. Thanks to Horo and David, I have nice resources to play with and there are some awesome models at ShareCG. The result…..

landscapewithlostcity.jpg
    800 x 520 - 46K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited December 2015

Mermaid - thank you. I sent you an email concerning the Menger Sponge render. Beautiful landscape render.

Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 2015

Jay -  I think that's mine, laugh

Heh he, Mermaid...you just have to give the running guy some credit (ahem) cheeky Liking the most recent landscape...'apocalypse now'.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2015

Left the original version in the Challenge thread, but had another go at this one, with more lights and less anything else.  I originally got the idea because of the normal moans everyone has about sorting out the christmas tree lights and putting up the decorations, which I had just done, with some enthusistic, but not really heplful, aid from 2 young cats.  I was putting some window clings on the windows and one cat decided that it would be fun to take them off again, then was sitting there shaking her paw as she had a red and gold twinckly window cling stuck to it.   LOL

sorting out the lights in Xmas world.jpg
    675 x 900 - 792K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited December 2015

Thanks Horo and Jay

Chohole -  I prefer this version, the colors are more vivid.

An abstract using an idea by Hansmar, a lattice and stone, reflections, transparency and a radial light.

abstract-lattice..jpg
    500 x 500 - 55K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited December 2015
    Thanks and yes they have been... But sadly due to time restrictions (I'm rushed off my feet with my other work), I've not had time to sort any Mail Order or online store arrangements, so we've just been selling them locally.

Though some Peter The Polar Bear wrapping paper has found it's way from the UK to Malaysia and here is photographed on a tropical beach.

@Dave: Well, if you ever get them online, let me know. I'd certainly support you!

@Everyone: Thank you for the kind words on the "Snowed In" landscape. It sure was fun to create.

@Jay: Awesome credit card concept.  Very unique work!

@Horo: Love the abstract city.

@Mermaid: Nice landscape and abstract.

@Chohole: The Christmas bulb/light work is really great. 

Here's another landscape.  I rendered a couple of variants, but this one is my current fave because the way the shadows fall on the landscape.

Field3.jpg
    1250 x 625 - 835K
    edited December 2015

Pam - I agree with Mermaid. It is more funny.

Mermaid - that looks great, the butterfly is a neat idea.

Art - thank you. Very nice landscape, looks very realistic.

I exchanged the Menger Sponge (see page 53) by a Frames-in-Frame model I made in Structure Synch and adjusted the HDRI. Camera and HDRI in the centre, the EWL gives a FOV of 310°. At right, I rendered the same setup without any changes as 360° panorama. I find the result interesting, a 310° view rendered in 360°. (Click on picture to enlarge)

Inside Frames in Frames

InFrameInFrame.jpg
    1300 x 800 - 270K
    Post edited by Horo on

Here's another landscape.  I rendered a couple of variants, but this one is my current fave because the way the shadows fall on the landscape.

Fencepost 52, wonderful, very realistic landscape! 

edited December 2015

Thank you, Horo and Slepalex! I appreciate the kind words very much!

@Horo, I love your recent abstracts. I must experiment with the Lenses product. I bought it and haven't even had the chance to try it out. Hope it's not difficult to use. smiley

Here's a close-up of a render I did a couple of months ago, with minor lighting, material, and vegetation adjustments.

Buck3.jpg
    750 x 600 - 450K
    @slepalex : yes you're right, the material on the foreground is looking a little bit grainy. However here, I have use the smallest value for the Dof effect. Maybe I should try to make it in photoshop. @Fencepost : very good looking landscape! I like it so much!

Art - thank you. Beautiful close-up. The lenses are fun and easy to use, even I can make them work.

edited December 2015

Here's one totally inspired by a render David did a few pages back.

These snow flakes are from Archive3D and the materials, lighting and camera position were a real challenge... Then a seven and a half hour render (that's very long for me) because of the complexity of the transparency and IBL.

Flakes.jpg
    960 x 540 - 435K
  • vivienvivien Posts: 184
    edited December 2015

C-Ram - Another fantastic landscape, so realistic. I can barely imagine how you managed 60,000 trees.

Dave -  Peter the polar bear and wrapping paper are just great....I know now where to get my stock for next year.

Well done on the snowflake. The material and the blur look wonderful.

Art - Thank you... Love Snowed In.... Everything from the lighting, the ambiance and the fluffy snow turned out wonderful.

The second landscape is also beautiful... Great vegetation

Third one again looks excellent....So jealous of your vegetation. I want lessons

Jay - Really funny. I think my card will be running away from me soon

Horo - Thank you... Very nice abstract. I like the colors and the circular shape on top of the (gigantic city) and the change to the Menger Sponge has come up really beautiful.

Mermaid - Thank you, beautiful landscape. Lots of depth

And really like the flow and colors of the lattice abstract. A liquid gem

Chohole - Sooo nice.... I like this version better.... With all the playing around, I wonder if that is why my lights get so tangled.

And with Christmas only 6 days away I thought I attempt a winter scene.... I don't have much experience with snow so I followed David's tutorial on snow on trees effect. My idea of Christmas is illustrated on the second scene.

christmas gazebo.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 121K
    christmas beach1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 61K
    Post edited by vivien on
    edited December 2015

Thanks Vivien. smiley

Love the idea of making a Sandman... very good and the snow on the trees is looking good.

For me today, sometimes it's fun to just look at something simple and then making it in Bryce.

Fuses.jpg
    960 x 540 - 329K
This discussion has been closed.