edited December 2015

Same here Dave. Like these Brake Discs.

Brake Disks.jpg
    976 x 527 - 554K
    Post edited by StuartB on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 2015

Nicely done Stuart.

Yup, the temptation is just too hard to resist. (see what I did there?) laugh

Resistor.jpg
    960 x 540 - 407K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    StuartB said:

Same here Dave. Like these Brake Discs.

Very qualitative materials and textures. Metal looks excellently! In what program you did models? 

Nicely done Stuart.

A long time ago, 25-30 years ago, I have often soldered such details in the electronic circuit. 

edited December 2015

Bryce, Wings 3D. On the motives of David Brinnen lessons on YouTube.
    It is unlikely that I can repeat it from memory. :-)

Torus _ring.jpg
    800 x 600 - 69K
    Cube_ring.jpg
    800 x 600 - 215K
    tetrahedron-ring.jpg
    800 x 600 - 140K
    octagedron.jpg
    800 x 600 - 119K
    Cube_ring2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 202K
    Post edited by Slepalex on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895

@mermaid010: Very nice landscape. And I'm proud to have inspired you to such a great abstract!

@Chohole: Looks nice. No, that's not true: Looks great!

@Fencepost52: Fantastic landscapes. Very believable vegetation in both.

@Horo: Very nice abstract. You get very good results from Structure Synth!

@Dave Savage: Wonderful render of the snowflake! Well worth waiting for. Could be a great Christmas card. And very nice fuses!

@vivien: both scenes are very good. Original idea to make a Sandman (without going to sleep). I live in a place where the white Christmas is rather rare, but now we have trees starting to bloom again, because of extreme warm December; that's not really what I like. I do appreciate at least the chance of a white Christmas!

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

Wonderful metalurgic works all...would make for an appropriate theme sometime.

Below, remembering summer.

Jay

RememberingSummer.jpg
    1200 x 705 - 949K

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 871
    edited December 2015

@All: So many marvellous new Bryce scenes here. Unfortunately, I'm afraid I have not the time to comment each with its due attention. 

@Vivien: Thank you for your kind comment to my buddha scene. You put a question about the leave wall, which I am happy to answer: There are several copies of low bushes 3 from the package "vegetation". I turned them about 90 degrees and arranged them, that they cover the background nicely. 

This picture I made a few days ago. Actually I planned to add every day until Christmas a new object, but did not found the time to do so. It is called "SEVEN LIGHTS". Except the chair, (which is made with Hexagon) are all objects modelled in Bryce. 

Seven Lights

sevenlights.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 59K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,540
    edited December 2015

Dave - very nice snowflake render. Fuses look great. Resistor looks good. I still have a bunch of them, left overs from the time we repaired electronic equipment and not just throw it away and buy cheap new ones.

Vivien - thank you. Beautiful winter scene. The only improvement I can see is to use a bit of soft shadows. The scene on the beach is great with the sandman (sandwoman?). Cute idea.

Stuart - I see, you had to change the break discs on your car. The old and new ones. Look great.

Slepalex - very nicely shaped objects well presented.

Hansmar - thank you.

Jay - beautiful "golden" scene.

Electro-Elvis - less beautiful scene but superbly done.

Post edited by Horo on
  • StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 2015

Thanks very much for the kind comments.

@Slepalex - Brake Disc model was made with Bryce.

Cylinders, Torus, Cubes and a Cone.

BD1.jpg
    929 x 609 - 358K
    Post edited by StuartB on
    edited December 2015

Love the grill light effect, Elvis...very natural-looking.

Cheers, Horo.

The mesh shows a lot of detail there, Stuart...I like the older brakes than the new - adding character.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
    edited December 2015

Thanks again, everyone, for your kind words on my renders. 

vivien said:

Art - Thank you... Love Snowed In.... Everything from the lighting, the ambiance and the fluffy snow turned out wonderful.

The second landscape is also beautiful... Great vegetation

Third one again looks excellent....So jealous of your vegetation. I want lessons

@Vivien: Thanks for the kind words!  I'll see what I can do on putting together a vegetation tutorial.  It's not difficult, but can be time consuming.  Some of the concepts I use are based on the material presented in David and Horo's Vegetation product so I can't present them.

I like both of your scenes.  I live in Florida, so your beach scene is every year for me.  Supposed to be in the mid-80's on Christmas day. I do need some cooler weather! frown

@Dave, Ohm my gosh, I got it! LOL   Great renders by you.  You can really make even the "basic" look great.  The snowflake is awesome and is doing well in the Daz gallery.

@StuartB, the disk breaks are neat. Thanks for sharing a screenshot of how you created them.  Nice presentation and the older brakes get my vote. Great choice of materials.

@Slepalex, nice objects and well presented!

@Jay, I love this scene!  Very nicely done.

@Electro-Elvis: Great interior.  Love the lighting and the fact you created most of it in Bryce!  I like how you used the scene in the monitor as a Bryce render. yes

Here's my first interior scene titled, "Silent Night".  Feedback is appreciated.

Silent Night.jpg
    1250 x 800 - 516K
    Post edited by Fencepost52 on

Cheers, Art...guess you being from Florida...warm scenes like it are normal.

Feedback on your own...boost up the lighting - I think I might trip over the rug if I ventured in there...and crack a few nuts (nutcracker guy etc.,) on the way down...heh hecheeky

Jay

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Here's my first interior scene titled, "Silent Night".  Feedback is appreciated.

I would also suggest increasing the lighting just a bit.  It's a hard choice for dark scenes, because to make it realistic also makes it hard to see, and making it brighter than it really would be will also make it look fake.  Maybe make the lampshade a bit more transparent, so the end of the room with light on it will be significantly brighter, but the tree will still be in enough shadow that the tree lights still stand out against the darkness?  Perhaps the flames themselves (not the light cast by them) should also be brighter, it seems like the light on the side of the fireplace is brighter than the actual flame light source right now?  Or not, these are just some random ideas to consider.

edited December 2015

Thanks Jay and sriesch!  For artistic and "health concerns" mentioned, cheeky I've modified things incrementally as suggested and did a quick render.  Any better?

ETA: I wonder if the forum does something to our images? This still looks so dark, but on my home PC, it looks a bit lighter.

Silent Night Working File.jpg
    1250 x 800 - 576K

Art - great indoor. Like Jay and Sean said, a bit on the dark side. There are Fill Lights in Bryce. If we are in a dark room, after a while the eyes get accustomed and dark parts aren't pitch black anymore. If you go for foto-realism, dark parts get noisy when you lower the shutter speed enough to brighten up things. I think your second attempt doesn't look too bad but I would expect a bit more orange saturated light from the fire on the wall and floor and brighter: the fire itself and how it shines. I also think the lamp at right could be a bit brighter, even a 25 W bulb is brighter and a bit yellow.

What you see on the screen is not always the truth. When I have your picture towards the top of the screen, it is darker than towards the bottom. Both my screens behave the same. Then, it also depends on the display program (browser, image program, etc). I find it often difficult to get the impression I'm after right because of how they are finally displayed. With bright images, it is much simpler than with dark ones.

edited December 2015

Way much better, Art...can just about see the rug now - nuts might be savedwink

That's a good point Horo makes too about the screen darkness and how a picture, particularly a dark one, changes with its position. I sit about two feet from my screen, my eye-height is about level with the top of the monitor, so I have to tilt it (think of a central point on the screen and so I have it adjusted this point - the screen's plane - to be perpendicular as to point towards my eyes). But, I guess, everyone knows that.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited December 2015

I spent some time installing lights in Stonemason's Faded Industry I've had for quite a while and never used it. Then came the question, what to put into it. I thought I transform it to a greenhouse. All lights have soft shadows, all plants are trees, grass as well. Exception is the ivy that grew in Ivy Generator and Aiko3 is not a plant and the bunny is from the Stanford Scanning Repository.

Greenhouse

Greenhouse.jpg
    800 x 500 - 163K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105

That's nice Horo. Wouldn't have been out of place in the Surreal competition either :)

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 2015

Very nice works.  It is good to see this thread going forwards while I've been mucking around modeling.  For a bit of a break from Modo, I decided to do a bit of classic Bryceing.  I used Horo's ErmClouds02_SD_2560.hdr and W island from our high resolution terrain set 3.  And the cloud recipe from my last cloud recipe video.

ErmClouds02_m1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 502K
    Post edited by Chohole on

Another amazing render David.

edited December 2015

Awesome renders, Horo and David.  Horo, how did you keep the Daz scene manageable in Bryce?  Did you create a texture atlas in DazStudio before sending to Bryce?  Here's another iteration of Silent Night.  Thanks Horo and Jay for the suggestions.  I know what you mean about how the viewing angle alters how the image looks. That's really a pain, but it is, what it is.

Changes made to this scene:

• Radial light in fireplace: Increased diffuse setting and color saturation.
    • Radial light for lamp: Increased diffuse and changed color from a pale blue to pale yellow.
    • Fill light: Increased diffuse.

I think it's coming along nicely. Keep the suggestions coming.  Once we've reached a good point with it, I'll increase the RPP and give it a final render.

Thanks, Art

Silent Night Working File.jpg
    1250 x 800 - 635K
    edited December 2015

Sandy - thank you. I had hoped it looks realreal, not surreal angry

David - looks great with the clouds.

Art - thank you. No problem with instancing, memory usage for the whole scene is a mere 620 MB. Your Chrismas scene comes along nicely. As I remember, the position on the screen had no influence of the perceived brightness on the CRTs, though I wouldn't want to go back to them.

Post edited by Horo on

Horo

It does look real but it is on that cusp between realreal and surreal where the viewer isn't sure whether he is looking at the inside outside or the outside inside :)

@Jamahoney: Great field of flowers!

@StuartB: Lovely brakes, specifically the worn ones.

@Dave Savage: I'd put up a bit more resistance, if I were you. Looks like you can create a nice old-fashiond electronics soon!

@Slepalex: nice renders of these objects.

@Electro-Elvis: Very well done! Hope to see more of these, with new objects.

@Fencepost52: Getting better and better, you're indoor scene. I agree that it should not be too dark. Maybe a little bit more light still, because some parts look almost black. However, sitting in my living room with just a few low light lamps and christmas trees, I do see quite some black darkness in my own house too. So, at second thought: don't increase the light anymore!

@Horo> Love your greenhouse.Beautifully made. The bunny does take away part of the realism.

@David Brinnen: Very nice islandscene. Really nice sky (well done, Horo) full of movement.

By the way, why is it that I add a comment (being the last one) and then one or two days later some other comments have popped-up before mine? Different time zones?

• Horo said:

Art - thank you. No problem with instancing, memory usage for the whole scene is a mere 620 MB. Your Chrismas scene comes along nicely. As I remember, the position on the screen had no influence of the perceived brightness on the CRTs, though I wouldn't want to go back to them.

620 MB scene?! Oh, wow!  I figured the building would be huge, but not that big! :-)

Thanks, everyone, with all the help and suggestions on the scene.  I just realized something else: the image on my work monitor is darker than the one at home.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure which is correct.  I'm doing all my work at home (of course....it's not a good idea to work on Bryce at the office...I would never do that! LOL) and wondering which monitor is correct.  If my home monitor is wrong, then no wonder it looks so dark to everyone else.  I mean it's not really bright at home, but the deer head can be seen without trouble.  On my work monitor, you can see it, but there's very little definition in the textures.  

Horo said:

620 MB scene?! Oh, wow!  I figured the building would be huge, but not that big! :-)

Thanks, everyone, with all the help and suggestions on the scene.  I just realized something else: the image on my work monitor is darker than the one at home.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure which is correct.  I'm doing all my work at home (of course....it's not a good idea to work on Bryce at the office...I would never do that! LOL) and wondering which monitor is correct.  If my home monitor is wrong, then no wonder it looks so dark to everyone else.  I mean it's not really bright at home, but the deer head can be seen without trouble.  On my work monitor, you can see it, but there's very little definition in the textures.  

It would apear your home monitor is set too bright.

Try this site to see if it is.

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

edited December 2015
    Fishtales said:

It would apear your home monitor is set too bright.

Try this site to see if it is.

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

Thank you, Sandy!  I went back and checked a few settings and I believe you are correct.  Monitor has been reset and things look so much better.  What say y'all?  Am I there or do I need to make more tweaks?

Silent Night Working File1.jpg
    1250 x 800 - 699K
This discussion has been closed.