UltraScenery - new(er) territory [Commercial]

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,173

I am using DOF on the camera, like you describe.

The problem is probably with my scenes composition.

Just need to put enough items in the scene, to make it interesting.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,071

Artini said:

I am using DOF on the camera, like you describe.

The problem is probably with my scenes composition.

Just need to put enough items in the scene, to make it interesting.

If you have any specific questions we would be better taking it to my Art Studio thread and not in here :)

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/139311/my-wips-renders-and-animations#latest

• @Fishtales

i have no Problem with the Distance bei DOF, but i will change the x-y Size from the DOF Plane.

• HI there, This set of tutorials for Ultrascenery has been released today in store as a collaboration between myself and Digital Art Live

Its all about how i use ultrascenery and some of the tools and widgets associated with is and hopefully will be of some help to beginners and experianced users alike. 

Find it Here

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,918
    edited November 2023

I bought it yesterday and sat down this morning to run through it. I have found it a very good refresher course for UST for me since I have been having issues with it for the past few years. I have Totte's tools too and those help nicely.

I am trying again, and the build of 'water' is going really slow, 1cm or mm? of the bar left to go after 18 minutes. This is on a Win 10 build from 2017, 64gb Ram, a 1080Ti/11gb Vram. Everything installed by DIM. I am not sure if UST has expanded beyond my computers' ability to handle or something else is going on. 

Thank you sir.

Mary

Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • memcneil70 said:

I bought it yesterday and sat down this morning to run through it. I have found it a very good refresher course for UST for me since I have been having issues with it for the past few years. I have Totte's tools too and those help nicely.

I am trying again, and the build of 'water' is going really slow, 1cm or mm? of the bar left to go after 18 minutes. This is on a Win 10 build from 2017, 64gb Ram, a 1080Ti/11gb Vram. Everything installed by DIM. I am not sure if UST has expanded beyond my computers' ability to handle or something else is going on. 

Thank you sir.

Mary

That is prolly a question for Howie but if its the water plane thats going slow id guess thats indicitave of someting else, as that is at the end of the day, just a plane. Might be worth uninstaling and re installing both US and the accelorator if your using it.  

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,492

Water in UltraScenery is not a "just a plane". It is a 3D object with a custom shader which supports refraction, absorption, scattering, ripples, and more. It isn't trivial.

• MartinjfrostMartinjfrost Posts: 340
    edited November 2023

barbult said:

Water in UltraScenery is not a "just a plane". It is a 3D object with a custom shader which supports refraction, absorption, scattering, ripples, and more. It isn't trivial.

I stand corrected, however having just looked at it by islolating it ( unparenting it) from an ultrascene although its a big object it has only 8 vertices - top , bottom, sides(x4) all of which are one vertex. So its actually less polygon load than a plane would be in most cases. It does have a shader, but none of this should be causing any kind of speed issues in load time. I strongly suggest de installing and re installing as it sounds to me as if maybe somehow the water object has been corrupted. And reinstalling it should fix that.

Another test worth doing is to set up a scene with out water and see how long that takes to run in ultrascenery. That way you can be sure its the water that is the problem. 

If that does not work it would be worth flining a ticket.  

ultrascene water stats.png
    262 x 533 - 48K
    ultrascene water model.png
    2721 x 1086 - 121K
    Post edited by Martinjfrost on

I uninstalled all files I have that support UltraScenery and deleted their zip files, then reinstalled all actions by DIM. On my Win 10 desktop 64gb ram, with my 1080Ti/11gb vram, I tested the 'Default settings on the first tab, No Features, Grassland 1' and allowed all options to grow. It went quite fast until it hit the daisies and I let it go for a bit. I closed the window and an error message saying 'an error occurred while reading the file, see log file for more details.' I have attached the log from the point where the last item finished to where I cancelled the script. If you look at the end, there are some lines referring to water (when this scene has none in it!). I have the latest Nvidia driver and keep my Windows OS up to date as well. 

2023-11-07 12:43:37.058 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 519

2023-11-07 12:43:37.058 [WARNING] :: TypeError: Result of expression 'ui.wWaterLevelAdjust' [undefined] is not an object.

2023-11-07 12:43:37.058 [WARNING] :: Stack Trace:

<anonymous>()@F:/Users/Mary/My DAZ 3D Content/environments/landscapes/ultrascenery/ultrascenecreator.dse:519

I tried the same scene on my MacBook Pro M1 but without the diaises and it finishes so fast I couldn't write the time down it started. No errors.

If this is something that should be elevated to Daz Support I will do it, but I have two or three reports for issues that have not been responded to yet or seem to have fallen into a black hole.

Thank you for trying to help,

Mary

txt
    txt
    UltraScenery Error Log Daisies Bit.txt
    edited November 2023

I went ahead and rendered the scene and there were daisies! How did that happen?

Mary

Test of UST Grassland 1.png
    1000 x 618 - 1M
  • memcneil70 said:

I went ahead and rendered the scene and there were daisies! How did that happen?

Mary

Thats odd, I suspect its worth sending in a ticket.  Also might be worth reinstalling DS its self and making sure you are on the latest update. It could be the interface between the US srcipts or objects and DS and might be DS playing up.

If you set up a scene with the plants all de selected it will go lighting fast - as all it does is load and shape the ground plane and water if there is any in the scene. The thing that takes the time is adding the plants and rocks and their instances.

So yes its ticket time. But do try reinstalling and updating DS too.  

• memcneil70 said:

Mary

If you want to attach the scene file, and list what you are using, I'll try and see what happens here.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,346
    edited November 2023
    It's possible there is more than one model of daisies, and one of the other models is causing problems. Not too helpful , I know. Regards, Richard.
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
    edited November 2023

Hmm, okay. Well that is the latest release Daz Studio Pro 4.22.0.1 installed when it was released last week. I had tried the Pro Public Build (Beta) version of 4.22.0.1 yesterday but it had a slew of errors that called out a DAZ employee's name or something when opening, so I avoided it today. The regular build seems to be functioning better at this point. 

I used default on the Features tab. Grassland 1 (picked because no water or path in scene), and all layers were allowed to be used: Base Grass, Daisies, Grass Tufts, Long Grass. I left all settings at default.

My UltraScenery is v1.3.6.4 and Accelerator is v1.0.2.4.

Thanks, will attach duf file from render computer.

Mary

After dinner I uninstalled, deleted the files for Daz Studio and downloaded fresh copies of both and reinstalled them. Thank you again.

duf
    duf
    UST Grassland 1 error on daisies.duf
    8M
  • memcneil70 said:

Hmm, okay. Well that is the latest release Daz Studio Pro 4.22.0.1 installed when it was released last week. I had tried the Pro Public Build (Beta) version of 4.22.0.1 yesterday but it had a slew of errors that called out a DAZ employee's name or something when opening, so I avoided it today. The regular build seems to be functioning better at this point. 

Those erros are just giving the place in the source code that has the error-throwing elemnt - it is useful to Daz if they need to track an error down, it isn't important to you (and has nothing to do with paths on your machine).

I used default on the Features tab. Grassland 1 (picked because no water or path in scene), and all layers were allowed to be used: Base Grass, Daisies, Grass Tufts, Long Grass. I left all settings at default.

Mary

After dinner I uninstalled, deleted the files for Daz Studio and downloaded fresh copies of both and reinstalled them. Thank you again.

• memcneil70 said:

Mary

Minus the horse, I get the same.

USC Grassland.png
    1000 x 618 - 1M

Yeah, I think I added the horse after for interest. Not sure I saved after that. 

Thank you for testing @DoctorJellybean.

Mary

• ZiconZicon Posts: 201

I needed a break from another project, and you can't really go wrong with ducks and sunsets.

Realistic 3D render of an autumnal landscape at sunset. A duck swims against a backdrop of golden trees.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,607

@Zicon -- I like this a lot ... 

Did Howie give any indication of an approximate release for Ultrascenery 2? 

• daveso said:

No, he was almost done I think.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,359

DoctorJellybean said:

daveso said:

It would make a great Christmas present for us all!

Howie did show a screen shot in his first post on the subject but I wouldn't read anything into this.  As a forty year veteran of commercial software development and maintenance, I can assure you that it takes time to properly test a complex program such as this.

Christmas would be good but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Cheers,

Alex. 

• alexhcowley said:

DoctorJellybean said:

daveso said:

It would make a great Christmas present for us all!

Howie did show a screen shot in his first post on the subject but I wouldn't read anything into this.  As a forty year veteran of commercial software development and maintenance, I can assure you that it takes time to properly test a complex program such as this.

Christmas would be good but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Cheers,

Alex. 

Yes, this was his last post

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8376021/#Comment_8376021

it actually looks like its pretty far along. 

• daveso said:

If I had to give an estimate I'd say Feb/March next year. I'm _nearly_ done with programming but then there's a lot of content to make and a manual to write - and no doubt a lot of bugs to squash. The last 10% always, always takes longer than expected.
  • HowieFarkes said:

daveso said:

If I had to give an estimate I'd say Feb/March next year. I'm _nearly_ done with programming but then there's a lot of content to make and a manual to write - and no doubt a lot of bugs to squash. The last 10% always, always takes longer than expected.

Ive had the privelage to have a sneak peak at the working versions of USC2 and im excited for the increased power its going to unleash. Very cool.  

• Screenshots to keep us going till Feb/March next year would be much appreciated.

• Just a thing ive been working on recently which may or may not see the light of day anytime soon lol, Here rendered in the cliassic current version of ultrascenery, with all new grasses and prairie plants substituted in alienator just to see how they went togehthor, and , I thought quite pretty. So im sharing it.

• Martinjfrost said:

Just a thing ive been working on recently which may or may not see the light of day anytime soon lol, Here rendered in the cliassic current version of ultrascenery, with all new grasses and prairie plants substituted in alienator just to see how they went togehthor, and , I thought quite pretty. So im sharing it.

You are a tease laugh That is very nice indeed!

Martinjfrost said:

Just a thing ive been working on recently which may or may not see the light of day anytime soon lol, Here rendered in the cliassic current version of ultrascenery, with all new grasses and prairie plants substituted in alienator just to see how they went togehthor, and , I thought quite pretty. So im sharing it.

That is just gorgeous. And I felt a tenseness I didn't know I had, just released. I will watch for the products no matter how long they take.

Thank you for the burst of joy this morning.

Mary