UltraScenery - new(er) territory [Commercial]

Comments

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,573
    edited September 2023

Since the update, UltraScenery seems to be much slower on my Intel Mac (i7, 128 GB memory), and DS is terminating all tries to generate a landscape with a kernel panic (usually at about 60% of the build process). Installed as usual via DIM, also using the accelerator plugin

Post edited by Mark_e593e0a5 on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624

First play with the bridge expansion and AM's Foliage Maker.

• Stone Bridge after Update

Larger Size and Item List at my Gallery

G3F-DTClara-Eliza-USC StoneBridge-FH-02-DOF-sm2.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 1M
  • bombenleger58 said:

Stone Bridge after Update

Very nice!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,973

bombenleger58 said:

Stone Bridge after Update

This is one of the most interesting renders of the bridge that I've seen. You've incorporated it into a nice composition. Well done.

• thanks @DoctorJellybean and barbult

bombenleger58 said:

thanks @DoctorJellybean and barbult

You are welcome. I really like the extra details like the ponytail flying in the breeze and the ducks and ducklings. I can tell that a lot of thought and work went into that render. 

• @barbult  You see only this Render in Forum or you look at the three Render at my Gallery

edited September 2023
    I only saw the one here in the forum. There was no link to your gallery.
    Post edited by barbult on

Ah, OK. I have signatures hidden. Some people get carried away with huge signature sections that annoy me and waste space, so I hid them.

• No Problem

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,337
    edited September 2023

Stone Bridge 3 - another trial

StoneBridge03sc06pic04gh.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 761

Your bridge looks like a place I want to be after a good day of work - warm and peaceful. I like it, Artini.

Thanks a lot for the comments, @AnEye4Art.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,802

AnEye4Art said:

Your bridge looks like a place I want to be after a good day of work - warm and peaceful. I like it, Artini.

there's a good day of work?  Oh, that must be using DAZ Studio 

• Any updates on USC 2?

• Not a lot to report... I'm still progressing on it (and trying not to succumb to feature-creep). Here's a screen grab of its current state though. You can see it's based around similar concepts to UltraSceneryXT so expect most functions to happen in "near" real-time. You can also preview each/all layers with their actual props (which can of course slow things down) but no more guessing where a tree or shrub might pop up - and no more proxies.

The ability to use all existing UltraScenery content is mostly implemented, so now working on the new more flexible biome system.

USC2 screengrab.png
    2474 x 1406 - 3M
  • Credit card standing by laugh

• Looking forward to it

• Just take my money now. smiley

• It looks and sound great! Hopefully it'll be done for Christmas.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378

DoctorJellybean said:

It looks and sound great! Hopefully it'll be done for Christmas.

Best Christmas present ever!

Cheers,

Alex. 

These preview features are great - well done, @HowieFarkes

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 761
    Looking forward to it.
  • I really hope UC 2 is comming soon. Since the last update, UC stopped working on my Intel Mac. Firts, it takes ages to create the scenery (also using UC accelerator), then about 70% trough it send my Mac to a decent kernel panic.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,037

With the latest Beta, it crashes so much, I find that any large size screen is subject to death if not saved, regardless of OS. But I am not working yet on any RTX card, must GTXs and the M1 chip. I miss a functional, reliable Das Studio. 

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,875

Daventaki said:

First play with the bridge expansion and AM's Foliage Maker.

Lovely work! 

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,875
    edited October 2023

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Since the update, UltraScenery seems to be much slower on my Intel Mac (i7, 128 GB memory), and DS is terminating all tries to generate a landscape with a kernel panic (usually at about 60% of the build process). Installed as usual via DIM, also using the accelerator pluginDo 

Do you have any crash reports to share?
    I run it often on my MacPro 2014 and just ran the latest with the stone bridge, no crashes and no particular slow downs either. macOS 12.7.

Post edited by Totte on
  • edited October 2023

Hello everyone,

I have tried using ultrascenery tropics, but it fails to generate any trees. I've uninstalled ultrascenery, accelerator and ultrascenery tropics, closed Daz Studio, Redownloaded and reinstalled the softwares I just mentioned via DIM, started Daz and tried again, but still no trees. It is very frustrating since it is not cheap. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening? All my other ecologies work fine. Its only Tropics that generate no trees. Any opinion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

"EDIT" My apologies, I just noticed you need 2 more products for Tropics to function. 

Post edited by aoki.kenjo_e35481ea16 on