UltraScenery - new(er) territory [Commercial]

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,479

aoki.kenjo_e35481ea16 said:

Hello everyone,

I have tried using ultrascenery tropics, but it fails to generate any trees. I've uninstalled ultrascenery, accelerator and ultrascenery tropics, closed Daz Studio, Redownloaded and reinstalled the softwares I just mentioned via DIM, started Daz and tried again, but still no trees. It is very frustrating since it is not cheap. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening? All my other ecologies work fine. Its only Tropics that generate no trees. Any opinion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

"EDIT" My apologies, I just noticed you need 2 more products for Tropics to function. 

For reference, the first post in this thread has a list of required products.

• Traffic Jam

Gone Fishing New.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 4M
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 749

Nice job.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,689

DoctorJellybean said:

Traffic Jam

Very nice render!!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,171

Nice composition, Doctor Jellybean

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,479

Good luck at the bridge!

• Thank you all.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,917

Does the tide go down so the boat can sneak under? (It's not like they can deflate the tires under the boat to lower the level.)

• It's Potter Heigham (a notorious low bridge on the Norfolk Broads in the UK):

Regards,

Richard

• memcneil70 said:

Does the tide go down so the boat can sneak under? (It's not like they can deflate the tires under the boat to lower the level.)

The UK canals don't have tides as such. I had to check, so I moved the narrowboat under the bridge and, yep, it does just about get through. Luckily the boat has adjustable solar panels, so it could be lowered.

BoatBridge.png
    1040 x 804 - 903K
  • Does anyone know if there's a way programmatically to check the Optimization setting before starting a render? It'd be a nice feature if USC could check that and pop a warning if "Speed" is set. I know perfectly well that one needs to not have "Speed" set for rendering anything in Ultrascenery, but in recent times, I've been doing a lot of random product testing and surprisingly frequently, Optimization ends up getting set to Speed. Then the next time I randomly decide to do something in USC, I click Render and a fraction of a second later, think "...drat."

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,571

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Does anyone know if there's a way programmatically to check the Optimization setting before starting a render? It'd be a nice feature if USC could check that and pop a warning if "Speed" is set. I know perfectly well that one needs to not have "Speed" set for rendering anything in Ultrascenery, but in recent times, I've been doing a lot of random product testing and surprisingly frequently, Optimization ends up getting set to Speed. Then the next time I randomly decide to do something in USC, I click Render and a fraction of a second later, think "...drat."

I would much appreciate this too, the dreaded freezing because of the wrong setting makes me kind of scared to use USC unless I'm awake enough to really concentrate (which I'm not too often these days, due to work and stuff). It's a pity really. A simple warning would help a lot I think.

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Does anyone know if there's a way programmatically to check the Optimization setting before starting a render? It'd be a nice feature if USC could check that and pop a warning if "Speed" is set. I know perfectly well that one needs to not have "Speed" set for rendering anything in Ultrascenery, but in recent times, I've been doing a lot of random product testing and surprisingly frequently, Optimization ends up getting set to Speed. Then the next time I randomly decide to do something in USC, I click Render and a fraction of a second later, think "...drat."

I did a quick check but it looks like those params are not accessible from a script (at least not what I foundin the API docs, but I might dig into that when I have some free time....

• To be honest, if the parameters are actually available programmatically, then don't issue a warning, just set it to memory every time it's found not to be memory.

richardandtracy said:

To be honest, if the parameters are actually available programmatically, then don't issue a warning, just set it to memory every time it's found not to be memory.

Yea, if it's possible... 

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,359

Totte said:

richardandtracy said:

To be honest, if the parameters are actually available programmatically, then don't issue a warning, just set it to memory every time it's found not to be memory.

Yea, if it's possible... 

I get round this problem by using a template scene, containing just the render / environment settings and my favoured cameras. Each time I create a scene based on Ultrascenery or USXT, I load the template scene first and then create the ultrascene over it. This way, I don't have to remember each individual setting.

Cheers,

Alex.  

alexhcowley said:

Totte said:

richardandtracy said:

Yea, if it's possible... 

I get round this problem by using a template scene, containing just the render / environment settings and my favoured cameras. Each time I create a scene based on Ultrascenery or USXT, I load the template scene first and then create the ultrascene over it. This way, I don't have to remember each individual setting.

Cheers,

Alex.  

Good idea!
    Then the information is stored, and if stored, it can be retrieved.  

• DeeKayDeeKay Posts: 36

DoctorJellybean said:

Traffic Jam

Is the canal boat model available somewhere? I did do a search but could not find anything of that standard. Thanks

• DeeKay said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Traffic Jam

Is the canal boat model available somewhere? I did do a search but could not find anything of that standard. Thanks

That narrowboat is part of a collection of 5 boats. I purchased it from CGTrader, but it is also available at Turbosquid. It imports into DAZ Studio very well using the Autodesk FBX file, one just needs to add the textures manually. Now only if someone could model interiors smiley

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,917

DoctorJellybean said:

memcneil70 said:

The UK canals don't have tides as such. I had to check, so I moved the narrowboat under the bridge and, yep, it does just about get through. Luckily the boat has adjustable solar panels, so it could be lowered.

Thank you for checking @DoctorJellybean.

When my computers could create USC scenes my first actions were to set things to 'Memory' and make sure 'Iray' was off even though I don't use it that often anymore as my 1080/1080Ti cards whimper with the new textures. But I use Memory for most things. Right now I am testing an HDRI that turns the Dome off and I want it on and have to keep turning it back on. 

Mary

• I use the Auto setting myself.

• DeeKayDeeKay Posts: 36

DoctorJellybean said:

DeeKay said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Traffic Jam

That narrowboat is part of a collection of 5 boats. I purchased it from CGTrader, but it is also available at Turbosquid. It imports into DAZ Studio very well using the Autodesk FBX file, one just needs to add the textures manually. Now only if someone could model interiors smiley

Found it, thanks!

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,071

River Angler

2023-10-28 09:05:34.418 [INFO] :: Total Rendering Time: 42 minutes 54.19 seconds

Distant Light Fill light

Click on image for full size.

Looks great, Fishtales

I just wonder, if you are using DOF (Depth Of Field) in your images.

I am still struggle to find the optimum DOF for my images,

just to improve them, but not look worse.

edited October 2023

Artini said:

Looks great, Fishtales

I just wonder, if you are using DOF (Depth Of Field) in your images.

I am still struggle to find the optimum DOF for my images,

just to improve them, but not look worse.

Thank you.

I don't use DOF as a rule but I have used it on the odd render.

The focus is on the eye in this one.

These are the same render except I moved/zoomed the camera ( I can't remember which. ) The background is an HDRI with rocks added for him to stand on. The horse and rider and tents are also figures.

frog-eye-dof-copyright-001.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 60K
    guard-duty-copyright-001.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 789K
    guard-duty-copyright-002.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 596K
    guard-duty-copyright-003.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 657K
    Post edited by Fishtales on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 749
    edited October 2023

The teepee pic looks like the tilt-shift photography effect, which gives the illusion of miniatures. Cool.

Post edited by AnEye4Art on

AnEye4Art said:

The teepee pic looks like the tilt-shift photography effect, which gives the illusion of miniatures. Cool.

I always think this one looks like a model train image :)

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/139311/my-wips-renders-and-animations/p23 ;

Thanks for the examples with DOF.

Artini said:

Thanks for the examples with DOF.

What problem are you having getting DOF? I just use the settings I use on my camera and use the back and front panes to get it where I want it and how much I want front and back.