[Released, inc. update] 1-Click PBRSkin [Commercial]

1235»

Comments

• cheardcheard Posts: 67

Thanks for the quick replies! I guess there really is no substitute for better understanding what the different parameters actually do. :-)

My first attempt was to give https://www.daz3d.com/sulaiman-for-michael-6 a darker skin tone appropriate the ancient Middle East. Dunno if it's there yet, but I can certainly see a difference! My tuning wasn't very sophisticated. I just turned up gamma and translucency a little bit.

IMG_1681.jpeg
    820 x 1268 - 154K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,973

cheard said:

Thanks for the quick replies! I guess there really is no substitute for better understanding what the different parameters actually do. :-)

My first attempt was to give https://www.daz3d.com/sulaiman-for-michael-6 a darker skin tone appropriate the ancient Middle East. Dunno if it's there yet, but I can certainly see a difference! My tuning wasn't very sophisticated. I just turned up gamma and translucency a little bit.

That's usually all it takes to darken skin. You did a good job. The translucency script is good for dealing with skin that is too red or orange, like lots of Daz characters. The gloss scripts are good for making the character more or less shiny. If you don't need those adjustments, you can just ignore them. 

• MrRogerSmithMrRogerSmith Posts: 94
    edited December 2023

Hi, can I ask for help with this product?  I am trying to convert Ergou's Hui to PBR (the model is Uber based, even though it is 8.1).  I've tried using both the "create translucency" and "keep translucency" and both times she looks like this.

Edit: This happens with all models I've attempted to use the script with.  I've verified the PBR shader is installed.

Double Edit: I am using Daz Version 4.22.0.1.

Screenshot 2023-12-26 173931.png
    3840 x 2160 - 2M
    Post edited by MrRogerSmith on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,973

MrRogerSmith said:

Hi, can I ask for help with this product?  I am trying to convert Ergou's Hui to PBR (the model is Uber based, even though it is 8.1).  I've tried using both the "create translucency" and "keep translucency" and both times she looks like this.

Edit: This happens with all models I've attempted to use the script with.  I've verified the PBR shader is installed.

That's an Iray preview. It looks like maybe it hasn't actually progressed far enough to show the Iray results. What happens if you do a full render? Does it show the textures? I realize the won't help you evaluate the script changes in real time, but it might help diagnose the problem.

• barbult said:

MrRogerSmith said:

That's an Iray preview. It looks like maybe it hasn't actually progressed far enough to show the Iray results. What happens if you do a full render? Does it show the textures? I realize the won't help you evaluate the script changes in real time, but it might help diagnose the problem.

Thanks for the response.

Even doing a full render the textures are the same gray.

• Okay, the problem is now fixed.  I did what I guess I should have done in the first place--I restarted Daz.  I will chalk it up to One of Those Weird Things.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,738
    edited March 21

I just bought this on sale and (Wow!), I love it! This is Gianni 2 from 3DL to PBR, with only roughness adjusted to 85.

Gianni 3DL to PBR Roughness 85 jakr.jpg
    1500 x 1875 - 2M
    Post edited by luci45 on
  • Silas3DSilas3D Posts: 561

@luci45 great job and so glad you're enjoying the product. Gianni is one of my favourite characters from Genesis 2 generation :)

• AethyrAethyr Posts: 98

Hi, apologies for bumping an old thread but it seemed the quickest way to reach @Silas3D.

I'm working on a scene which has Tempesta3D's Damien G8M, which comes natively with Iray Uber textures, and trying to use the 1-Click PBRSkin produces a strange effect: there are visible seams between the torso and the limbs, and these areas seem to have slight colour differences as well. Given the layout of the scene, it's unfortunately not something I can easily mask. I don't really understand what is causing the problem, and it hasn't occurred with other characters I've used 1-Click PBR on - pretty much every other time, even with considerably older figures, it's just worked without needing any extra tweaks.

I haven't been able to figure out a way around it, so I've reverted to the Uber shader, but I figured I'd post here in case there's something I'm missing. All I can think is that perhaps because Tempesta3D's store is relatively new to Daz, the character might not have been made according to "Daz standards" that 1-Click PBR expects, and is causing a glitch somewhere.

Would appreciate any advice! It's not the end of the world if I have to end up using Uber, as the difference isn't THAT drastic, but it'd be nice if I could get PBRSkin working on this character.

--Aethyr

• Silas3DSilas3D Posts: 561
    edited September 4

@Aethyr unfortunately I don't have that specific character so cannot replicate the issue directly - I do have Antonio G8M and that character converted fine without seams.

As you suggested [and assuming Antonio uses same style of textures as Damien], the textures deviate from DAZ standards with regards to optimisation for Iray - for example, no translucency maps are included for skin surfaces as the diffuse/base textures are used for that purpose. As such I would only use the 'Create translucency' version of 1CPBR script.

It's quite possible that looking closely enough in certain light that the seams would be visible in Iray Uber as well, and this has been a common issue for other characters in the past, especially with bump, normal and displacement maps.

Post conversion, I'd suggest removing different map types from the torso and limbs in isolation to see if the seams disappear, leaving the diffuse/base until last. At least then you can narrow down which maps are causing the problem and you could always use the equivalent maps from a different character as a substitute, assuming its not the diffuse/base causing the problem.

Post edited by Silas3D on