LIVE! In the store NOW!! LowPi - the Low Poly Figure, and Crowd Creator Scripts

Comments

• Lyrra MadrilLyrra Madril Posts: 276

well I think evidence proves that I dont use things in the expected manner either.  I just like to be sure that customers dont think I skipped some things out of laziness lol

That was a design choice for reasons! honest

We are dicussing things, and we will see.  But meanwhile I have some clothing I need to be texturing and getting set up today ;)

LM

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,737

I love your experiments, barbult. They are inspiring, though a lot of it I don't have the skills or patience to attempt. I am really fond of the lorez skins so you can get a little closer to the camera. I would pay good money for that or the clown costumes and other clothes if you became a vendor. wink

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,955
    edited June 27

luci45 said:

I love your experiments, barbult. They are inspiring, though a lot of it I don't have the skills or patience to attempt. I am really fond of the lorez skins so you can get a little closer to the camera. I would pay good money for that or the clown costumes and other clothes if you became a vendor. wink

I wouldn't be able to sell the skins or the clown costume, because there they are both adaptations of Daz store products. The best I could do is try to explain how I converted them, but it was somewhat time consuming and fiddly with trial and error.

Post edited by barbult on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,871

luci45 said:

Our hope and intentions are that PAs will create things for LowPi the same way they create things for the Genesis generations of figures, as we see LowPi as a base figure. Hopefully things will start to arrive but things takes time...

edited June 27

LowPi hand bends are not symmetrical. Is this caused by a weight mapping discrepancy between left and right? In these examples, the left and right hands were bent to the same numeric value (left positive and right negative). The weight maps look quite different, but I am not a weight map expert by any means.
    Or is this just the hand bend limits issue we are waiting on an update for?

Screenshot 2024-06-27 173246 LowPi Hand Bends Not Symmetrical.jpg
    1666 x 1811 - 152K
    Screenshot 2024-06-27 173542 LowPi hand Bends Not Symmetrical.jpg
    1399 x 1612 - 90K
    Screenshot 2024-06-27 172834 LowPi Right Hand Weightmap.jpg
    1789 x 1768 - 143K
    Screenshot 2024-06-27 172919 LowPi Left Hand Weightmap.jpg
    1732 x 1719 - 138K

This is the hand bend issue in the update that is waiting for a tester. We are waiting behind a big rush of summer projects. It will get there eventually, Honest!

I also figured out the hat/hair conversion issue is with the template weightmapping, so I will be adding a Headwear template to the update as well. You can usually get around it by not using either of the templates when converting, but a dedicated Headwear template will make it simpler.

LM

The issue is specifically that the bend limits between the two sides are not the same. 

Lyrra Madril said:

This is the hand bend issue in the update that is waiting for a tester. We are waiting behind a big rush of summer projects. It will get there eventually, Honest!

I also figured out the hat/hair conversion issue is with the template weightmapping, so I will be adding a Headwear template to the update as well. You can usually get around it by not using either of the templates when converting, but a dedicated Headwear template will make it simpler.

LM

Thank you for the information. I found, as you did, that hair and headwear convert best with no template currently. Luci45 and I discussed that here. A dedicated template will be nice to have. Thanks for continuing to make LowPi even better.

Lyrra Madril said:

The issue is specifically that the bend limits between the two sides are not the same. 

Thanks. Many new products and updates seem to be waiting forever in that queue. LowPi is not alone there.

edited June 29

This is my latest work in progress -  LoREZ Horse 2 as a LowPi wearable prop. The Crowd Generator seems to force LowPi feet to the ground level, so it puts the horse half underground. I tried a height maker, but the different horse poses put lowPi feet at different heights, so that was not a good solution either. The best solution I found was to let the Crowd Generator put the LowPi feet at  ground level and use mcasual script mcDropToTerrain2 to place the horse hooves on the selected ground.

LowPi Crowd on Horses GERR_Camera 3.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 3M
    edited June 30

Here's an interesting anomaly. I made a crowd of 11 clowns on horseback. 10 were "real" and 1 was an instance. The crowd generator placed the instance higher than the other LowPi crowd members. Why is that? This screenshot is an orthographic Left view.

Screenshot 2024-06-29 225425 Instance higher up.jpg
    1821 x 608 - 105K

barbult said:

Here's an interesting anomaly. I made a crowd of 11 clowns on horseback. 10 were "real" and 1 was an instance. The crowd generator placed the instance higher than the other LowPi crowd members. Why is that? This screenshot is an orthographic Left view.

It's due to fact it's wearing the horse, and the instance does not have a bounding box of it's own where you can find the hip bone, so teh hip bone placement is inherited from the instance parent, but as it is weaing somethiing "under it, the calculations for the bounding box y-min for thew lowpi gets screwed up by the added y height caused by the horse.

Butr looking at the picture, it uses the bounding box bottom for the instance and it's at the ground, while it uses hip bone - bounding box height with the added horse drops it down for the non instances.

edited July 1

Totte said:

barbult said:

It's due to fact it's wearing the horse, and the instance does not have a bounding box of it's own where you can find the hip bone, so teh hip bone placement is inherited from the instance parent, but as it is weaing somethiing "under it, the calculations for the bounding box y-min for thew lowpi gets screwed up by the added y height caused by the horse.

Butr looking at the picture, it uses the bounding box bottom for the instance and it's at the ground, while it uses hip bone - bounding box height with the added horse drops it down for the non instances.

Thank you for the explanation. 

edited June 30

Here is another view of my LowPi on horseback, where they are less hidden by the terrain. I added a single LowPi down in the culvert.

LowPi Crowd on Horses GERR_001 SOX2_002_Camera (11).jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    edited July 1

More LowPi on horses. I think trouble is riding into this western town. Can Kaz handle it on his own?

Kaz in the Wild West Dusty LowPi on Horseback_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 1M
  • butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,213

Those are amazing!

edited July 1

butterflyfish said:

Those are amazing!

Thanks! I believe I can make a crowd of anything as long as it is parented to LowPi and I set LowPi iteself to be invisible. I think that will be my next project.Right now I am adding some more horse poses for trot and gallop.

LowpI Script updates are finally live in  DIM

Totte said:

LowpI Script updates are finally live in  DIM

Thanks for the notice.

edited July 6

I had so much fun with my LowPi on horseback, I made LowPi on dirt bikes.

LowPi crowd riding fat bike in Sand Dunes Large_Default Camera (2).jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 5M
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,332

Very nice, @barbult

Are there anywhere in documentation listed steps necessary to put LowPi on bikes?

edited July 7

Artini said:

Very nice, @barbult

Are there anywhere in documentation listed steps necessary to put LowPi on bikes?

Not specifically. I parented the bike to LowPi hip and posed LowPi on it. I saved it as a wearable preset and saved the LowPi pose as a pose preset. I made a Pose Kit with the LowPi pose. I made a Prop Kit with the wearable bike. I made a Set with the Pose Kit, a Wear Kit I already had, and the Prop Kit with the bike. In the Set Builder I associated the bike prop with the LowPi pose. Then I rendered a crowd with that Set. You can look at existing sets for handheld props for inspiration/guideline.

I forgot to mention that before starting all this I used Geometry Editor to delete a lot of the bike geometry to make it simpler. Then I decimated it 50% besides.

Thank you for the explanation,@barbult.

Very clever with deleting of the bike geometry.

In Unity or the other game engines, it is pretty common to delete the geometry, that is not visible.

I have bought in Unity store some very good looking characters with low poly.

Will need to experiment, at some point, to get them imported to Daz Studio as LowPi figures.

edited July 11

I used lots of LowPi stuff in this image.

City Office Block LowPi_004_Camera.jpg
    2600 x 1950 - 4M

Those are brilliant images Barbult!

Agree, great images, @barbult

Thank you guys. I wish more people would post. I want to see what other people are doing, too.

edited July 13

50 LowPi running for their life. One LowPi waiting for rescue. One LowPi rescuer on the fire truck ladder.

Abandoned District Fire_004 SOx4_Camera 3.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    edited July 13

Another view.

Abandoned District Fire_004 SOx4_001_Camera 1.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M

You've really embraced the power of LowPi Barbult! Lovely images !