The Snow Bikini Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited January 2013

it sounds like it takes a while to make bread from scratch. it has to rise for a couple hours, then knead, then put it aside for another couple hours. it's not something to do on a Tuesday night. making tomato sauce from scratch is too much for a weeknight.

i don't know what to start with? my specialty is french toast, but i need to make the bread first.

what do you put on your croissants? butter seems kinda redundant.

These look yummi :)

http://www.joyofbaking.com/WelshCakes.html

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

@Misty: that's a cute car, it could be fine. Always check on the availability of parts and labor, though!

Lots of nice items there - I think you need to win the lottery! :gulp: :bug:

Ugh - to buy a new laptop or go out this weekend? Decisions, decisions... :blank:

i won 5 bucks on the take5 scratch off this morning. woot

i'm hoping for a nice tax refund. just for a lil head start.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well, the landlady heard from the electrician today. Apparently the overvoltage from the breaker box being bashed until it fused and caught fire trashed most of the wiring in the house, and it'll take a couple of months to fix it. :blank:

This means that I'm stuck in a small space for the duration, maybe until March. There's no room for more stuff at all. :blank: :-S

This means pretty much a halt to buying any new laptops, guitars, or anything that takes up physical space. Blech. >:(

Guess I'll spend the money on short bus trips out, weekend adventures and such I can write about. Gotta make lemonade from these lemons! :bug:

Still, it blows. :-/

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,148
    edited December 1969

mum gave me a pair of reading glasses until I can go see an eye doctor.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@Misty: that's a cute car, it could be fine. Always check on the availability of parts and labor, though!

Lots of nice items there - I think you need to win the lottery! :gulp: :bug:

Ugh - to buy a new laptop or go out this weekend? Decisions, decisions... :blank:

i won 5 bucks on the take5 scratch off this morning. woot

i'm hoping for a nice tax refund. just for a lil head start.

Every little bit helps! :)

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited January 2013

Evidently, Adobe is giving away Photoshop CS2 for free for a limited time: Link removed

:O

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

TEA - fluffy cutey :)

complaint - day job won't give me MS Project for my day job compy.

while waiting at the bus stop this morning, a Fiat drove by. It was really cute. It's half the price of the Acura i was focusing on. i haven't found anyone who knows anyone who has one.

when you can't afford the Aston-Martin, is a Fiat a good choice?
    it's Italian made, so parts would prolly be double if i ever have to have it repaired.

i live up a hill, when it snows i wouldn't be able to drive it, a Fiat's lil tires would get stuck in the snow.

feh - tea went cold already. oh, tea cozies.

FIAT stands for: Fix It Again Tomorrow, or Fix It Again Tony.

A friend back in the day owned a Fiat X1/9 and it was always in the shop. Do research on the model you want, it seems Fiats can be kind of inconsistent, in my experience. :-S

I like the name Tony. I named one of the characters in my book Tony. Actually Tony Smithfield.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,954
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Evidently, Adobe is giving away Photoshop CS2 for free for a limited time: Link removed

The situation is somewhat confused, but the most official word is this http://forums.adobe.com/message/4974662#4974662 so for now, unless and until Adobe changes that position, we are removing links to the "free" downloads.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,078
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:

The situation is somewhat confused, but the most official word is this http://forums.adobe.com/message/4974662#4974662 so for now, unless and until Adobe changes that position, we are removing links to the "free" downloads.
    Thanks Richard. That explains a disappearing thread in Rendo Bryce Forum.

edited December 1969

food props today's freebie! woot

i bought a whisk on the way home. gonna wake up a little earlier tomorrow to make a swiss omelet. it's an extra thing to wash, but i can pretend i'm on a cooking show. tee hee new year's lifestyle changes are exhausting.

edited December 1969

Is there any way to make DS4 or DS3 install on a thumb drive?

edited January 2013

M F M said:
    @Kulay: congrats on the piece of paper (^_^)d. Hope your ears get better soon.

@Misty: I see you're asking about dusty CVs over in another thread...

... does that mean you got some grief over that personal info document signing issue? :( Or are you just being prepared for the worst-case scenario?

(fwiw I don't have DS or Vue on my CV, but I do have Blender...).

*joins Ps1 in a chorus of hothothothothothothothothothothothothothothot >_<;*</div>

no one has mentioned the document again yet.

omg. they saying significant fire risks

It's So Hot in Australia That They Added New Colors to the Weather Map The Atlantic Wire - 11 hours ago
    http://weather.yahoo.com/hot-australia-added-colors-weather-map-135043015.html

oh man

Wildfires rage across Australia amid searing heat
    Associated PressBy By ROD McGUIRK | Associated Press – 10 hours ago
    http://weather.yahoo.com/wildfires-rage-across-australia-amid-searing-heat-013539768.html

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

I want to play with DS but have it workable solution when I go to the library to the computers. I cannot install anything on them.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:

Ahhh I see =)

Such confusion then XD

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Very good afternoon all :). All at sea here, or. Least the lure of the bay has been irresistible, it might have been hot but a limp south westerly wind is just perfect for drifting around :)

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Hi all... Long time to see :) Ive been so busy lately my visits to the complaint and stupid thread have been low.

@Borg, Glad to have the temperatures dropping in our part of Australia. Have had too many hot days.

Question - (And this may seem stupid) Renderosity... I need to change my email on the account there... Usually I can navigate websites fine... But I cant find where I can update my details. Anyone know?

On another note, Any one heard from Skiriki? I haven't seen her around, since she dropped in and told us she was addicted to a game with horses lol

edited December 1969

LOL never mind, it was a text button I failed to spot on renderosity :-P

edited December 1969

woke up to early. I just do not feel like sleeping at the moment.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,986
    edited December 1969

...kind of in lurking mode most of the evening. worked another long day got home late and am very tired.

Heard from my sister in Kansas City so spent a bit of the evening responding via email while preparing dinner (garlic & herb rubbed cod with my special tarragon garlic roasted potato wedges and thin sliced carrots in a butter sauce).

It feels so good to cook again (did I mention that before?).

Almost midweek, probably another long day tomorrow (my co-manager has been out sick). The one good thing, it will be a nice paycheque on the 15th.

Ended up using my PC coupon for the Genesis Starter bundle so I effectively picked up the Genesis Troll for a paltry 8$ and change along with the two sets of clothing content the bundle includes.

...well off to bed. Morning will rear it's ugly head all to quickly.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,986
    edited January 2013

..gahh!!! Just got an email that Corel is doing a 50% off sale on Painter12 (215$). The sad thing it ends on Thursday. Don't have enough in the account as I just paid my net service bill and don't get paid until next Tuesday.

...why couldn't they do this next week? Been wanting Painter for so long.

..OK, now off to slumber land. Maybe I'll win the Megabucks lotto tomorrow night.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

the only fish I like is cod. what I want is a plate of fish fingers and custard.

edited December 1969

Fish fingers and custard sounds interesting, and fishy :lol:

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Hi all... Long time to see :) Ive been so busy lately my visits to the complaint and stupid thread have been low.

@Borg, Glad to have the temperatures dropping in our part of Australia. Have had too many hot days.

Question - (And this may seem stupid) Renderosity... I need to change my email on the account there... Usually I can navigate websites fine... But I cant find where I can update my details. Anyone know?

On another note, Any one heard from Skiriki? I haven't seen her around, since she dropped in and told us she was addicted to a game with horses lol

*waves* Haven't seen Siriki around. Hot is a good excuse to get out on the bay :)

edited January 2013

Well, I'm like 4 hous minimum from the coast... Good excuse for air conditioning and pools lol

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

Some guy on DA really getting on my nerves by constantly "insisting" I stop using Photoshop and use GIMP, stop using Maxwell and move on to LuxRay (Which has never ever once worked in Cinema for me, and is not integrated into it either), and refrain from using C4D and use Blender instead. "Convert to open source before it's too late" he says >_>

I don't mind people telling me about alternatives to Photoshop (Which I personally need for a few reasons, and no free alternative can offer), but when they state it in a way like "you're a fool for using those programs" or "You're a slave to them"? Uh-uh/. If they can't respect my opinion then I have no respect for theirs.

And yeah - he's shot down every attempt I've made to explain why I use C4D and Photoshop over Blender and GIMP V_V

edited December 1969

Oh noes the Open Source Apocalypse must be coming soon :lol: The great thing about free advice is there is so much of it :)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Well, I'm like 4 hous minimum from the coast... Good excuse for air conditioning and pools lol

Can't live too far away from water :)

edited December 1969

Sounds like a dush bag. You use what you like to use. What has the features that you need, and allows you to do the things you do. Just ignore them Rezca, they will stop it eventually. Those sorts of people are only interested in getting a reaction. So don't waste your time by giving them the attention.

As far as software being better than the other... It's not the software that makes it good, every software is only as good as the person who uses it. Our computers are mindless. They do only what the user/programmer tells it to do.

I love photoshop, It's my imagery software by choice, I'm comfortable with it, my skills are in photoshop... for me, I dont need any alternative. I DONT tell people Gimp sucks use photoshop! Photoshop is perfect for me. But what works for one, doesn't necessarily work for the other.

edited December 1969

I use Painter for everything and GIMP for everything else so don't know how to drive Photoshop, it wasn't around when I started in CGI, you had to use Perl to write your own convolution matrices until the Amiga came along :lol:

edited January 2013

The main reasons I use Photoshop is because I do a lot of drawing, and while both GIMP and Sketchbook are pretty good in that area (Honestly I hear a lot of digital drawing artists claim Autodesk Sketchbook is a bit more capable than PS in some areas, but I haven't been able to try it yet to confirm if I feel that way too XD ), some of the brushes I make use of the most are PS only, and I love the canvas rotating that CS4 and 5 added. Not a major letdown if you don't have it, but it saves a lot of time. Some things like BodyPaint work quite well with PS naturally (Almost everything is similar - layers, masks, etc - and BP can even read/write PSD files!) which is quite a plus for me.

Finally, regardless of how powerful or flexible something is, how comfortable you are with it is perhaps the most important factor (Unless you're on a huge deadline and not meeting it means life or death for you and your project XD ). A lot of people were siding with Cinema's new sculpting over zBrush and Mudbox for the sole reason it was built into a program they'd been using for years and was easier to handle. Sure, most acknowledged it was seriously lacking compared to zBrush, but they preferred it over the alternative =P

Sometimes even the free stuff can be a pain to some folks at times too... Being free doesn't automatically make a software the perfect shining program for everyone who happens to use it =P

Post edited by Rezca on
This discussion has been closed.