Auto Muscle Enhancer HD [Commercial]

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032
    Sigurd said:

Last posting before I work on the animations. Here is another Brute character I worked on awhile ago. I was trying to see how much of The Brute's character I could keep and still get the what I was looking (75% btw). Reduced hand and foot size and some tweaks to the arms and forearms to make it look more realistic. The AME worked great at 50% but you can see from the Flex pose that it could use a little more work on the bicep. I may have to crank The Brute down a little more so I can crank up AME to get the desired bicep flexing. I really like the shape of The Brute so I was trying to keep as much as I could while adopting the AME. His current shape is plausible but only for someone who spends much of their time in a gym. Maybe a Bouncer, Powerlifter, or Wrestler. Perhaps a genetically altered individual or someone from a Heavy Gravity Planet. At a later date, definitely after animation, I will mold him into something a little less extreme. This would be more likely for Military, Police, or a Fighter. I put some body hair on him originally. I think it looks good but if someone would like to see it without the hair for a better look at the musculature let me know, or I might just post it later when I have a little more time.

Yes, like a mutant, the Beast from the X-Men before he grew blue fur is the 1st character I thought of.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,085

Wow! That is what I was going for. He is still my favorite X-man. Nicholas Hoult is a great actor but I thought totally wrong to play Beast. I think because Beast is scholarly they thought they needed someone who looked like a professor. Thank you again for the comment.

The animation is 976 MB. Is that too big to have as an attachment? I try to upload it here and it says uploading and then freezes.

• leemoon_c43b45a114leemoon_c43b45a114 Posts: 850
    edited May 2020

Hi Sigurd!  What format is the animation?  I just tried to attach my updated video and the .mp4 file type is not allowed.  Will send it over to youtube and link to it below.

Lee

https://youtu.be/XLwMJv5SXos

Post edited by leemoon_c43b45a114 on

OpenGL. I just tried again at a lower resolution but it did not help.

• i53570ki53570k Posts: 212

I like how the renders people posted demonstrating AME can add the musclar tension that base G8M lacks in certain poses.  I am wondering if this can be achieved without making a characeter more ripped or bulked? 

For me it's very important because I don't render bodybuilder characters but also do not like the lack of realism of musclar tension in poses.  I also hope AME G8F takes into account that woman has more body fat than man and too much muscle enhancement could ruin anyone going for a natural looking character.

!53570k, here are some comparisons. I have a totally base G8M on the left and exact same G8M on the right. The one on the right has AME installed. I have one example of the AME full and the rest are dialed down quite a bit to illustrate a subtle difference. This I believe demonstrates the muscle tension you were asking about without the added muscle bulk or volume. If you would like further examples, please let me know as I am happy to demonstrate. If you have a particular pose or view please let me know, I will see what I can do. The pics should be labeled so you can see the details of the dials.

G8M AME Body 100 AME Flex 100 AME Musculature Def 0 AME Veins 0 Flex Pose.png
    1536 x 2048 - 2M
    G8M AME Body 25 AME Flex 75 AME Musculature Def 0 AME Veins 0 Flex Pose.png
    1536 x 2048 - 2M
    G8M AME Body 25 AME Flex 75 AME Musculature Def 10 AME Veins 0 Flex Pose.png
    1536 x 2048 - 2M
    G8M AME Body 25 AME Flex 75 AME Musculature Def 10 AME Veins 0 a 15G8M M.png
    1536 x 2048 - 2M
    G8M AME Body 25 AME Flex 75 AME Musculature Def 10 AME Veins 0 FL Block 04 G8M M.png
    1536 x 2048 - 2M
  • DMasterDMaster Posts: 410
    edited May 2020

Lee

way to go. 1st step on to the giant leap. Yes, when you start learning animation. do not spend time rendering out images. Alway just do GL rendering or work at the base level to review the animation in real-time.

Also, to get that V shape back muscle - activate try turning the arm or shoulder.

1-Try slappy animation = pose him at every 1/2 frames. That is make a pose at f100 then go back  to f50 to make corection, then fix f25 and f75. alway go back 1/2 of the frames.

2- Master the foot planting on the ground above all else.

3-have fun. save out your animation and start selling the animation.

Post edited by DMaster on
    edited May 2020

Playing around with AME. Rendered in Iray, assembled in Photoshop.

Wonderful images. Love it.

1-try composite 2 or more render images. Like photoshop you have 2 layers. 

render one image with muscle veins and more defined details - then composite over the normal image - now erase the region where you need no detail...putting stress and detail muscle only on the arm area.

This way will add even more life to you already amazing works. (save shape setting so you can just turn on and off on next pose+image)

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,130

Here's the first animation I've attempted in DAZ Studio.  Be warned: It's rubbish.

Rendered on a Mac Mini using OpenGL (instead of Iray) to speed things along.  It's a sequence of bodybuilder poses slung together without much regard to how they flow into one another.  You'll see! LOL!

It doesn't do AME/ASE any justice, but thought I'd share it anyway.  AME and ASE are incredible products and I'm looking forward to seeing folks do some proper animations with them.  I'll go back to still rendering now. :-)

Lee

https://youtu.be/0yk5Er4Es-c

Oh, very nice, Lee. I'm also on a Mac. When I tried Open GL, just on a still, the lighting seemed way too high. Did you have to lower the lighting for the animation? Or, did you have to make any adjustments at all in going from iRay to Open GL as the render mode? And you did just use Open GL, not Intermediate Open GL, right? I like the skin coloring in your animation. I think it's very good.

DMaster said:
    Fauvist said:
    DMaster said:

Bring it to life guys. Start animating.

DMaster, could you let us know what skin textures/shaders or settings you are using to get the sheen or glossiness on the skin in your promotional renders?  And if a particular set of lights, or type of lighting you use to bring out the skin textures?

Thanks!

Render with Marmoset..I have no time to render in DAZ. 

D.Master: I don't want to change the subject of the thread, but could you give some explanation as to why you render with Marmoset? Also, can it import a DAZ scene? Do the shaders come in OK? Is it faster than DS? Do you need the Nvidia GPUs?

inquire said:
    DMaster said:
    Fauvist said:
    DMaster said:

Bring it to life guys. Start animating.

DMaster, could you let us know what skin textures/shaders or settings you are using to get the sheen or glossiness on the skin in your promotional renders?  And if a particular set of lights, or type of lighting you use to bring out the skin textures?

Thanks!

Render with Marmoset..I have no time to render in DAZ. 

D.Master: I don't want to change the subject of the thread, but could you give some explanation as to why you render with Marmoset? Also, can it import a DAZ scene? Do the shaders come in OK? Is it faster than DS? Do you need the Nvidia GPUs?

it is real time rendering. Daz will move on to this about next year or so. if not they will fall behind.

I cannot teach you about Marmoset materials, but the best bet is just open a sample skin material scene and then load in daz maps.

it get easier as you understand it use. It will save you years of rendering. once the material are set you can just load in any characters.

1-open daz and export your character as OBJ. Export FBX to get material - seperate the material to load back on to OBJ. FBX do not have Joints morphs fix. Thus OBJ is the best.

2-open Marmoset import your  OBJ

3-in Daz post your character and export to same file - Marmoset will update the OBJ file and render in real time

4-it is GPU render - faster the better but need not. I work with a 970GTX

edited May 2020
    DMaster said:

Lee

way to go. 1st step on to the giant leap. Yes, when you start learning animation. do not spend time rendering out images. Alway just do GL rendering or work at the base level to review the animation in real-time.

Also, to get that V shape back muscle - activate try turning the arm or shoulder.

1-Try slappy animation = pose him at every 1/2 frames. That is make a pose at f100 then go back  to f50 to make corection, then fix f25 and f75. alway go back 1/2 of the frames.

2- Master the foot planting on the ground above all else.

3-have fun. save out your animation and start selling the animation.

Thank you Dmaster! I started tinkering with animation way back when I had an Amiga with the NewTek VideoToaster card. It came with Lightwave 3D v1.0.  Back then, renders and animation took a very long time to complete.  This would have been in the mid to late 1980's.  We've come a very long way since then!  I'm still too impatient to wait for animation renders, though the OpenGL pre-viz format renders quite fast.

I'm truly enjoying your AME and ASE products.  They add so much to the Genesis 8 Male characters.  Thank you for creating these invaluable tools!!

Lee

edited May 2020
    inquire said:

Here's the first animation I've attempted in DAZ Studio.  Be warned: It's rubbish.

Rendered on a Mac Mini using OpenGL (instead of Iray) to speed things along.  It's a sequence of bodybuilder poses slung together without much regard to how they flow into one another.  You'll see! LOL!

It doesn't do AME/ASE any justice, but thought I'd share it anyway.  AME and ASE are incredible products and I'm looking forward to seeing folks do some proper animations with them.  I'll go back to still rendering now. :-)

Lee

https://youtu.be/0yk5Er4Es-c

Oh, very nice, Lee. I'm also on a Mac. When I tried Open GL, just on a still, the lighting seemed way too high. Did you have to lower the lighting for the animation? Or, did you have to make any adjustments at all in going from iRay to Open GL as the render mode? And you did just use Open GL, not Intermediate Open GL, right? I like the skin coloring in your animation. I think it's very good.

Thank you very much, inquire!  I did a small update to that animation last night that prevents the figure from doing a spin halfway through the video.  It's a few posts up from here.

The OpenGL animation rendering takes significantly less time than Iray for sure.  I did not use Intermediate OpenGL, just the standard OpenGL option.  The light set I used was the IBL_Light preset (comes with DAZ Studio?)  I have adjusted the intensity on all 3 lights to get the glossiness I was looking for.  Two of the lights are specular and one infinite light was for overall light.  I believe the texture set is mostly from Dark Guard, probably with some different eye textures.  Didn't adjust the textures at all, just played a little with the lights to highlight the physique.  Also on the 2 specular lights, I used Point At to aim the lights at the lower abdomen which seems to cast light nicely across the figure.  Hope this helps some!

Lee

@leemoon_c43b45a Thanks very much, Lee. I'll have to try this. I tried some animations before, but they took too long.

• Sigurd said:

OpenGL. I just tried again at a lower resolution but it did not help.

What video format is the animation?  The forum won't take MP4 as far as I can tell.  I didn't investigate further and just decided to chuck my videos onto youtube and call it a day. :)

Lee

• inquire said:

@leemoon_c43b45a Thanks very much, Lee. I'll have to try this. I tried some animations before, but they took too long.

You are very welcome.  The animation I posted earler is 900 frames and it rendered to a .mov video in less time than it took for me to set up the animation to begin with.  It wasn't even close to real time, but it was still WAY faster than Iray.  I seem to recall it took about 15 or 20 minutes to complete the 900 frames and write the video file.  Could be wrong about the time, I just knew it was a lot peppier than I was thinking it would be.

Lee

edited May 2020

Lee, it is an AVI file. I just tried to attach it again to no avail. I guess it is still life for me.

Below is Brutus resigning himself to not being able to attach the video.

Brutus Schmidt Ultra 10.0 CDIG8Male Kneel A 000 Degrees.png
    1536 x 2048 - 2M
    Post edited by Sigurd on
  • hookflashhookflash Posts: 167

Not to derail this thread, but has anyone tried exporting their AME animation from Daz in Alembic format and then rendering in Marmoset Toolbag? In theory, it should work as long as the Daz Alembic exporter really is "vertex exact," as the product page says.

• Sigurd said:

Lee, it is an AVI file. I just tried to attach it again to no avail. I guess it is still life for me.

Below is Brutus resigning himself to not being able to attach the video.

It may be that the forum only accepts still imagery, since neither AVI nor MP4 are able to be uploaded.

On the sunny side, your still images and characters are excellent and I enjoy viewing them.  Brutus looks awesome.

Lee

edited May 2020
    hookflash said:

Not to derail this thread, but has anyone tried exporting their AME animation from Daz in Alembic format and then rendering in Marmoset Toolbag? In theory, it should work as long as the Daz Alembic exporter really is "vertex exact," as the product page says.

https://youtu.be/o2DauchvTkA

ABC render in marmoset. Once in marmoset it just play. And I can pan around the animation. Video was just a scene capt of Mamoset.

DMaster said:
    hookflash said:

ABC render in marmoset. Once in marmoset it just play. And I can pan around the animation. Video was just a scene capt of Mamoset.

Wow, that's awesome! And I'm guessing it took a tiny fraction of the time to render compared to iRaysmiley

real-time render with good 1080+GPU 

• i53570ki53570k Posts: 212
    edited May 2020
    Sigurd said:

!53570k, here are some comparisons. I have a totally base G8M on the left and exact same G8M on the right. The one on the right has AME installed. I have one example of the AME full and the rest are dialed down quite a bit to illustrate a subtle difference. This I believe demonstrates the muscle tension you were asking about without the added muscle bulk or volume. If you would like further examples, please let me know as I am happy to demonstrate. If you have a particular pose or view please let me know, I will see what I can do. The pics should be labeled so you can see the details of the dials.

Thank you very much.  Those dials give me a pretty good idea of how AME works.  I am happy to see that ~25 AME adds so much realism in muscular tension in poses without altering the intrinsic looks.  The two from right renders are espeially telling in that the character looks like he is actually standing againt gravity instead of just existing in space.

Very much looking forward to how AME G8F turns out.

Post edited by i53570k on

i53570k, I am glad I can help. This is such a versatile product, if you do not like how it looks, keep playing with the dials and you probably will.

hookflash said:
    DMaster said:
    hookflash said:

Wow, that's awesome! And I'm guessing it took a tiny fraction of the time to render compared to iRaysmiley

I don't want to derail this thread, either, but, please, what is Alembic format? Then, D.Master answered, "ABC render in Marmoset." Don't know what that means, either. Is ABC the same as Alembic? Does "I can pan aroiund the animation" mean within Marmoset? And the video D.Master posted was "just a scene caption" from Marmoset? Wasn't it a full render?

I'm just trying to understand the full potentials of this wonderful product. I'm playing around right at this moment with animaltion in DAZ Studio, Basic Open GL.

I"m really eager about this because Marmoset can apparently use Apple's Metal GPU rendering, and, I guess you know, nVidia is feuding with Apple, so it looks like iRay is out of the Question for Mac users, at least iRay in GPU (CPU only).

inquire said:
    hookflash said:
    DMaster said:
    hookflash said:

I don't want to derail this thread, either, but, please, what is Alembic format? Then, D.Master answered, "ABC render in Marmoset." Don't know what that means, either. Is ABC the same as Alembic? Does "I can pan aroiund the animation" mean within Marmoset? And the video D.Master posted was "just a scene caption" from Marmoset? Wasn't it a full render?

I'm just trying to understand the full potentials of this wonderful product. I'm playing around right at this moment with animaltion in DAZ Studio, Basic Open GL.

I"m really eager about this because Marmoset can apparently use Apple's Metal GPU rendering, and, I guess you know, nVidia is feuding with Apple, so it looks like iRay is out of the Question for Mac users, at least iRay in GPU (CPU only).

The Blender manual actually has a pretty good explanation of Alembic here:

https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/files/import_export/alembic.html

Basically, it allows you to transfer pure mesh data (static or animated) between 3d applications, such as Daz and Marmoset, without having to worry about the usual incompatibilities that you get with formats like FBX and DAE.

@hookflash: OK, thanks for the info, hookflash.

From a Google search I've just done on Marmoset:

Marmoset Toolbag uses a somewhat customized shader language, which is a kind of union of HLSL and GLSL syntax conventions. ... This syntax allows Toolbag shaders to compile and run in Direct3D, OpenGL, and more recently Apple's Metal.

edited May 2020
    inquire said:

From a Google search I've just done on Marmoset:

Marmoset Toolbag uses a somewhat customized shader language, which is a kind of union of HLSL and GLSL syntax conventions. ... This syntax allows Toolbag shaders to compile and run in Direct3D, OpenGL, and more recently Apple's Metal.

This is something beyond this forum. FYI

ABC is just a file format like FBX or OBJ. Daz will export it out as ABC. Open Marmoset and import in ABC and you see the animation. It does not have Materials. It only has vertexes translation info. (you will need Daz3d alembic plugin to do this)

For Now, Just Use FBX on export. For you to see the animation + some material. note FBX does not have the Joint morphs embedded in the export. 

If not Marmoset. DAZ Iray will do the job nicely - time.