UltraScenery - new(er) territory [Commercial]

Comments

• How on earth did DS survive trying to render that without bombing out?

Remarkable.

Regards,

Richard

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,063

richardandtracy said:

How on earth did DS survive trying to render that without bombing out?

Remarkable.

Regards,

Richard

well it took 48 hours to build

but yeah only an hour to render my 8K 360 which I had to the erase those terrain copies from, even fit easily on my 2080Ti with 4GB of VRAM to spare used about 16GB of RAM though loaded 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,809

is there anything about this road that could be used in U;trascenery?
    Rad Road for Simple Grasslands Expanse | Daz 3D

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,532
    edited September 13

I splashed out a massive $1.80 yesterday & bought VanishingPoint's 'Fortified Manor'. After applying the DAZ Uber shader, scaling to 50% and popping into USC1, I got the image below:

Then with a bit of tweaking the sun position, removing the extended forest and adding a character (Kayleyss's Michelle in a G3F Samuri suit)..

Regards,

Richard

Fortified Manor 01 R01.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Fortified Manor 01 R02.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 761

Nice lighting.

edited September 14

Must admit, I do like it.

However, I reckon there needs to be an easier way of working out which direction the sun is from any object in the scene.

Does anyone know of anything that could do the job - possibly an MCasual script or similar? DS isn't really fast enough to have Iray rendering to show the sun's direction the 'normal' way, and guessing followed by a test render takes an enormous time.

Regards,

Richard.

• richardandtracy said:

Must admit, I do like it.

However, I reckon there needs to be an easier way of working out which direction the sun is from any object in the scene.

Does anyone know of anything that could do the job - possibly an MCasual script or similar? DS isn't really fast enough to have Iray rendering to show the sun's direction the 'normal' way, and guessing followed by a test render takes an enormous time.

Regards,

Richard.

Perhaps this recent thread could be helpful. 

Sun-Sky render - How to see the sun and cloud placement - Daz 3D Forums 

• Thanks, I had missed that thread and it's given me a few pointers. However, it still sounds somewhat hit and miss, even though better than total guesswork. Almost want a non-perspective camera attached to the sun, or a great big arrow pointer to the sun (possibly aimed at the sun by a script). Got to investigate the sundial mentioned too. Regards, Richard.
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378

The easiest way to control the direction of sunlight, in a sun-sky render, is to use a "sun camera."

1) Create a camera - what it's called doesn't matter.

2) Add the camera to the "SS Sun Node" parameter on the render pane environment settings.

3) Select the camera. What ever direction you point the camera is now the direction of the sunlight in the render.

Cheers,

Alex.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,338

Very nice render and composition, @richardandtracy

It is something, I also would like to achieve with US2 scenes - incorporate other items in them.

• Must admit I had no idea that was possible. Will try it next time I fire the PC up. Thanks.
  • alexhcowley said:

The easiest way to control the direction of sunlight, in a sun-sky render, is to use a "sun camera."

2) Add the camera to the "SS Sun Node" parameter on the render pane environment settings.

3) Select the camera. What ever direction you point the camera is now the direction of the sunlight in the render.

Cheers,

Alex.

Got a screenshot of the camera & ss sun node?

Thanks

DoctorJellybean said:

alexhcowley said:

Cheers,

Alex.

Thanks

Here you go.

Cheers,

Alex. 

Sun Camera Settings.jpg
    1920 x 1150 - 509K
  • alexhcowley said:

DoctorJellybean said:

alexhcowley said:

Cheers,

Alex.

Thanks

Here you go.

Cheers,

Alex. 

Ah, thank you for the quick response!

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,809

alexhcowley said:

Cheers,

Alex.

thats real helpful. thanks. Its the direction of the sunlight, not pointing at the sun? can that be done by plugging a camera in the sun disk setting? or similar 

• It does seem to hide the time and date settings though.

daveso said:

alexhcowley said:

Cheers,

Alex.

thats real helpful. thanks. Its the direction of the sunlight, not pointing at the sun? can that be done by plugging a camera in the sun disk setting? or similar 

The view through the camera is the direction of the sunlight.   

Cheers,

Alex.

DoctorJellybean said:

It does seem to hide the time and date settings though.

Sun cameras replace the time and date settings.  Personally, I've always found them fiddly to use. With sun cameras you just point the camera at the scene, adjust the angle to suite your needs and press render. Others, of course, may prefer the alternative.

Cheers,

Alex. 

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 761
    edited September 14

There's still no solution to why Ultrascenery 2 still crashes daz for me everytime. I am using the beta realease and I can at least get to use U2 there. Hopefully the final daz release (whenever that may be) will fix my issue. 

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,330
    edited September 14

alexhcowley said:

DoctorJellybean said:

It does seem to hide the time and date settings though.

Sun cameras replace the time and date settings.  Personally, I've always found them fiddly to use. With sun cameras you just point the camera at the scene, adjust the angle to suite your needs and press render. Others, of course, may prefer the alternative.

Cheers,

Alex. 

I use date and time settings extensively, pretty much any time I create a render with sun-sky, so losing them would not be an option for me. 

Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,338
    edited September 14

alexhcowley said:

Cheers,

Alex.

Great tips.

I have added the cube primitive to the "SS Sun Node" parameter on the render pane environment settings.

That way I can move sun by moving the cube.

Below are the results with different cube positions (inside camera view).

Also have used the new update to UltraScenery 2.

Version 2.0.1.5

us2at20240914sc07pic06.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 618K
    us2at20240914sc08pic02.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 707K
    us2at20240914sc08pic03.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 694K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited September 14

I'm not sure I'm getting the sun node camera to work in DS4.21.0.5.

Using USC1 v1.3.6.4, I set the scene, then chose Sun/Sky, created the camera, positioned it, selected the camera as the sun node, and then used the sun node camera for the render.

The shadows are from right to left, when they should be invisible (hidden behind every tree because they're created by the sun, so when the sun & camera are the same, should only see stuff lit by the sun).

Regards,

Richard

Temp SS Sun Node Camers.png
    1920 x 1080 - 5M
    edited September 14

OK. I have installed DS4.22.0.16 and the sun camera works.

Going back to DS4.21.0.5, that ALSO works. Ho hum. I actually now have 7 versions of DS installed - most (except 4.22) work properly.

Have found my USC2 plugin is now missing all text in DS4.22. Makes it hard to use. USXT, USC1 and accelerator all work by copying the plugin DLL files & directories into the DS4.22 plugins directory without further ado. Will figure it out. Eventually.

Regards,

Richard

USC2 Plugin in DS4.22.jpg
    460 x 928 - 39K
    DS4.10 to DS4.22.jpg
    153 x 163 - 10K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,991
    edited September 14

The missing text might be a style problem, with two things set to the same color.

@richardandtracy Edit: I think I remember a previous problem with disappearing text when the plugin wasn't properly installed. Check Help>About Installed Plugins and be sure UltraScenery2 is there with a green plug. If it isn't, check DIM and be sure UltraScenery2 - Realistic Landscape System Win 64 (if on a PC) is installed. Maybe your installation failed when it got to the beta part of the installation, or something. Let us know if that fixes it.

Post edited by barbult on
    edited September 15

Look, there's a Koala in that tree! Can you spot it?

Closer look...

DS 4.22.1.202 Beta USC2 Australia 5 looking up Koala Catalyzer Render_001 Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    DS 4.22.1.202 Beta USC2 Australia 5 looking up Koala Catalyzer Render_001 Camera 1.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on

barbult said:

Closer look...

Barbult,

It's just above the branch fork on the left hand tree.

Cheers,

Alex. 

alexhcowley said:

barbult said:

Closer look...

Barbult,

It's just above the branch fork on the left hand tree.

Cheers,

Alex. 

That's right.

• barbult said:

The missing text might be a style problem, with two things set to the same color.

@richardandtracy Edit: I think I remember a previous problem with disappearing text when the plugin wasn't properly installed. Check Help>About Installed Plugins and be sure UltraScenery2 is there with a green plug. If it isn't, check DIM and be sure UltraScenery2 - Realistic Landscape System Win 64 (if on a PC) is installed. Maybe your installation failed when it got to the beta part of the installation, or something. Let us know if that fixes it.

Never use DIM or anything else. Have always installed things manually.<\p>

Regards, Richard.<\p>

Well, then I'd suggest manually reinstalling the UltraScenery plugin folder and it's contents into the Studio4 Public Build plugins folder.
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105
    edited September 17

Playing about with the Australia Ecology, DOF and lighting (just Sun and Sky).

No DOF in this one.

2024-09-13 15:27:44.173 [INFO] :: Total Rendering Time: 47 minutes 28.97 seconds

2024-09-14 12:47:54.811 [INFO] :: Total Rendering Time: 59 minutes 40.9 seconds

2024-09-15 11:23:46.630 [INFO] :: Total Rendering Time: 40 minutes 10.75 seconds

2024-09-15 11:54:20.872 [INFO] :: Total Rendering Time: 18 minutes 40.78 seconds

2024-09-15 12:23:02.097 [INFO] :: Total Rendering Time: 10 minutes 48.50 seconds

Click on images for full size.

in-sight-copyright-001.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    in-sight-copyright-004.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    in-sight-copyright-006.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    in-sight-copyright-007.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 983K
    in-sight-copyright-008.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 938K
    Post edited by Fishtales on