UltraScenery - new(er) territory [Commercial]

Comments

• Strange, it appears to be properly installed (according to Help->About Plugins) and then I copied the installation zip files to the correct directory and.. nothing. The log file refers to the correct directory. I just wonder if the registry contains a conflicting directory (eg the 4.21 directory as opposed to the 4.22 directory). Just wondering, as it's the latest one where Howie has got even cleverer with it, and could possibly be conflicting with something in my setup. Regards, Richard.
  • If manually copying to thje application folder are you sure UAC isn't getting in the way?

• Sorry, what's UAC? The 4.21 & 4.22 setups are identical with USC1's accelerator, the UltraScenery directory for USC2 and the UltraScenery XT directory all present in the same way. USXT works properly on both versions, as does UltraScenery 1 with accelerator. The only differences otherwise in the plugin directory between 4.21 & 4.22 are file dates on other plugins & the presence of a Face Transfer2 plugin file. TBH, I've lived without 4.22 all year, and not missed it's slow rendering in USC1/2, and as 4.21 seems to have the same sun node effect, I think I can probably live without until next version (hopefully DS5.x.x.x). Regards, Richard.
  • UAC is (on Windows, I think the MacOS equivalent is Gatekeeper) is the system that asks for permission, with a greyed out background, before allowing chnages to be amde to a protected folder (such as anything in Program Files)

• If UAC is getting in the way, I have no evidence of it. I have copied files using File Explorer without objection from the OS, got full details and looking at the security settings, I have admin rights. Ah, well. Regards, Richard.
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,809

What were the fixes or changes in the new patch for USC2?

richardandtracy said:

Details are here: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/98176/start

Regards,

Richard 

thank you very much

• I'm trying to isolate an error I'm seeing when I run a script from the command line using DAZ Studio in headless mode (i.e. executing the script from the command-line using the -headless flag). 

2024-08-07 21:59:01.000 [WARNING] ::    UltraScenery.dll failed to load - Cannot load library C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\UltraScenery\UltraScenery.dll: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

The command line to run the script is as follows:

C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/DAZStudio.exe" -headless -noPrompt -noDefaultScene -cleanOnLaunch "0" -instanceName 50001 "x:/working/scripting/TestScript.dsa"

If I start DAZ Studio normally (with the UI up) and then run the same script from the command line it works as expected. It appears like something in the UltraScenery initialization fails if the UI is not available. Has anyone seen this behavior and would there be a workaround I could try?

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,532

I just wanted to make a suggestion, in case the creators of US2 are still monitoring this thread.  MartinJFrost has made so many gorgeous flower packs, and I have a ton of them.  I know there was a release of a tool to make some of them work in Alienator Pro 2, but what I would REALLY love to see is a new ecology that puts them directly into US2.  One of my favorite new features of US2 is that you can mix the ecologies, and if I could make a beautiful field full of mixed flowers, I would be thrilled!  Maybe make one that specifically uses the plants that he has so generously released as Daz+ products?  Please, please, pretty please?

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378

Fae3D said:

I just wanted to make a suggestion, in case the creators of US2 are still monitoring this thread.  MartinJFrost has made so many gorgeous flower packs, and I have a ton of them.  I know there was a release of a tool to make some of them work in Alienator Pro 2, but what I would REALLY love to see is a new ecology that puts them directly into US2.  One of my favorite new features of US2 is that you can mix the ecologies, and if I could make a beautiful field full of mixed flowers, I would be thrilled!  Maybe make one that specifically uses the plants that he has so generously released as Daz+ products?  Please, please, pretty please?

This has been done already with the US2 version of the US1 Australia set. Hopefully, that has sold well so there will be a positive incentive to bring out more.

Cheers,

Alex. 

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,934

would this product work in USC2? it would be very uesefulload  for my next setups

Ultra scenery Road Works and Path Materials for Ultrascenery Terrains

https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery-road-works--road-and-path-materials-for-ultrascenery-terrains

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,991

sidcarton1587 said:

I'm trying to isolate an error I'm seeing when I run a script from the command line using DAZ Studio in headless mode (i.e. executing the script from the command-line using the -headless flag). 

2024-08-07 21:59:01.000 [WARNING] ::    UltraScenery.dll failed to load - Cannot load library C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\UltraScenery\UltraScenery.dll: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

The command line to run the script is as follows:

C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/DAZStudio.exe" -headless -noPrompt -noDefaultScene -cleanOnLaunch "0" -instanceName 50001 "x:/working/scripting/TestScript.dsa"

If I start DAZ Studio normally (with the UI up) and then run the same script from the command line it works as expected. It appears like something in the UltraScenery initialization fails if the UI is not available. Has anyone seen this behavior and would there be a workaround I could try?

That might be a question that only the developer can answer. I also assume since you reference UltraScenery.dll, that you are using UltraScenery2, not the original UltraScenery.

• hey guys I'm trying to create my path through a field but it is not letting me create multiple masks for US2 is there any way I can do this? any help will be appreciated thanks

https://imgur.com/a/7qqyZGf

the goal is to lower the field so I can create a path over it thanks 

Linwelly said:

would this product work in USC2? it would be very uesefulload  for my next setups

https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery-road-works--road-and-path-materials-for-ultrascenery-terrains

@Linwelly I don't know, because I don't have it, but you don't need it if you only want to change the materials on the paths.

• You can access the terrain materials directly by selecting the UltraScenery2 object in the Scene pane and opening the Surfaces pane.
    • In the Surface pane, expand the Default surface and you will see Roadbase Layer and Roadsurface Layer.
    • You can change the images in the diffuse and normal (really bump) sections. In the attached render, I changed the images to the diffuse and bump textures for the UltraScenery River Pebbles.
    • You can also change the tiling values and diffuse color values.
    • If you get a combination you like, save a material preset, but do not save the layer mask in your preset. That will allow you to use a preset you created for one path on another path.
    • As you are building a scene, if you change terrain presets or materials (or maybe even some ecologies) you will need to reapply the new path materials, because they will be overwritten. That is why it is a good idea to save them as a Materials Preset that you can easily reapply.

The problem with things like cobblestones or bricks, is that they will not be oriented to follow the path curves, the way a mason would lay them. That usually ends up looking "wrong". They also often have obvious repeating tiled patterns on anything but a very small section of visible path.

I attached my pebbles path preset for you to try, along with some screenshots and a render.

Oaks Ecology Track 02 with River Pebble Path.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 3M
    Screenshot 2024-09-21 134421 Surfaces Pane.jpg
    668 x 757 - 122K
    Screenshot 2024-09-21 Save Preset.jpg
    675 x 704 - 62K
    duf
    duf
    Road base and surface pebbles.duf
  • butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,213
    edited September 21

Linwelly said:

Yes, it works.

USC2 015A.png
    1920 x 1080 - 5M
    Post edited by butterflyfish on
  • Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,532

alexhcowley said:

Fae3D said:

This has been done already with the US2 version of the US1 Australia set. Hopefully, that has sold well so there will be a positive incentive to bring out more.

Cheers,

Alex. 

Yup, saw it, loved it, bought it!  I didn't even have the Australia set yet, I bought it specifically to put into US2.  I, too, hope it did really well, I'd love to see more "old" ecologies upgraded!  I can see me fanatically collecting sets that I don't really even need, just to get the ecology items to mix with other things.  But my absolute biggest US2 need right now is for lots of pretty flowers ^_^

butterflyfish said:

Linwelly said:

Yes, it works.

thanks a lot that's very cool!

edited September 22

barbult said:

Linwelly said:

@Linwelly I don't know, because I don't have it, but you don't need it if you only want to change the materials on the paths.

• You can access the terrain materials directly by selecting the UltraScenery2 object in the Scene pane and opening the Surfaces pane.
    • In the Surface pane, expand the Default surface and you will see Roadbase Layer and Roadsurface Layer.
    • You can change the images in the diffuse and normal (really bump) sections. In the attached render, I changed the images to the diffuse and bump textures for the UltraScenery River Pebbles.
    • You can also change the tiling values and diffuse color values.
    • If you get a combination you like, save a material preset, but do not save the layer mask in your preset. That will allow you to use a preset you created for one path on another path.
    • As you are building a scene, if you change terrain presets or materials (or maybe even some ecologies) you will need to reapply the new path materials, because they will be overwritten. That is why it is a good idea to save them as a Materials Preset that you can easily reapply.

The problem with things like cobblestones or bricks, is that they will not be oriented to follow the path curves, the way a mason would lay them. That usually ends up looking "wrong". They also often have obvious repeating tiled patterns on anything but a very small section of visible path.

I attached my pebbles path preset for you to try, along with some screenshots and a render.

thanks a lot barbult, once again you serve the really nice tricks,  I would have gotten that then, even when not working 1:1 but by your method, because there are some materialy I can use really good for future scenes

Post edited by Linwelly on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,338
    edited September 22

An attempt to incorporate the cave from

https://www.daz3d.com/ka-modular-caverns

into UltraScenery 2

us2at20240922p.jpg
    1980 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited September 23

My adventure with Hedge Maker

us2at20240923.jpg
    1980 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
  • paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,330
    edited September 23

Artini said:

My adventure with Hedge Maker

Fun! I just picked that up in the last few days when it popped up on sale. I should have a try with it. 

Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on

Thanks, @paulawp

I have purchased Hedge Maker pretty long ago, but has not used it so much

until I got https://www.daz3d.com/hedgerow-kit-bundle recently.

edited September 24

More fun with Hedge Maker...

us2at20240924.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on

Nice hedge. I find the colors and shape of the whole image very pleasing.

Thank for the comments, @barbult

I also like the colors and shape of my image and will continue with further experiments.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,040
    edited September 25

@Artini both images evoking memories for me. The first of the weird trails along the Central Coast of California where my son would do long-distance running in high school, jumping over snakes they came across. The second the current activity in the Rockies as folks are trekking to take in the changing leaves and seasons.

Thank you. Mary

Post edited by memcneil70 on

Thank you very much for the lovely comments, Mary

edited September 27

USC2 is just unusable for me. Render times are atrocious. I tried some stuff yesterday . 2 of the renders timed out at the 2 hour mark. It looked cooked enough prior to that though, but it just seems something is amiss. I was hoping the new DS release, 4.0.19 might improve things, but it didn't. I didn;t read what was changed though prior to hoping.

Post edited by daveso on

What about USC2 in Daz Studio Beta?

Have you tried it on your computer, @daveso ?