UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• DreamWeeverDreamWeever Posts: 175
    edited September 2021

Chumly said:

Wow... took a couple days, but just got through all 40 pages of this thread... whew... 
    Great info and awesome renders folks!

*addendum*
    With the next release, if at all possible, could the ability to tell US where add on files are be added?  I like to control the user facing files myself, as I got tired of all the different ways PAs choose to spell "Environment" etc, so I reshuffle the deck to my liking.  It appears that Ultra Scenery needs things in their original locations.

Would it be difficult to add this capability... so that I can tell US that all my tree assets are in "Flora"?

Cheers!

Whee finally got though all of this and the first thread :) 

Can I second this?

I have had a custom library set up for years as it was the only way I could find where tings were. Having to have things in their default locations for US to be able to find them is a bit of pita as it messes up the custom library. Not a deal breaker just a bit of a pain.

While I am here can I also add voice to those asking for more road options too please? And not just modden roads but fantasy/medieval ones too. Things like track one and two from the base pack but double the width ( think two sets of wheel tracks)? Please?

Also loving the backgound WIP @HowieFarkes, would it be possible to have hills and forests too not just mountains? 

Did I say how much I love this?

WindyDay.jpg
    1600 x 1146 - 310K
    Post edited by DreamWeever on
  • Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

Ya, ya, that's it!  Fun and  NOT an adiction.

But you will for sure.

Just want to mention an oft overlooked feature if new to USC.  If you select the root item then launch the script again, it'll load your curent settings & from there you can tweek.

• barbult said:

richardandtracy said:

I have a slight problem with Barbult's instructions. I have no internet connected PC/Mac I can use with DIM. My only web connection is an Android tablet, which isn't very good at running any PC/Mac programs, which is what DIM is. There really needs to be a full manual download.

Yes, they advertised manual download but did not deliver. I know you wrote a help request and got no help, but I am going to submit another one.

Request #387242

The manual download zip file for the Accelerator for UltraScenery is incomplete.

Why DAZ can't supply two manual installation files, one for the content directory and one for the program files directory, is something I do not understand.

Cheers,

Alex. 

• Tonights adventure 

TheBoardwalk.jpg
    1423 x 851 - 990K
  • More or less worked out how to use maskes to make a clearing :) Now just need to work out adding a path lol

WoodsCottage.jpg
    1423 x 851 - 1M
  • Norman_RNorman_R Posts: 95
    edited September 2021

I've posted a duf file of the a clean version some time ago here:  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/440187/albert-mansion/p3 maybe you can use this wink

Thanks. I used your .DUF file.

Post edited by Norman_R on

Quite nice.  Very "Wind in the Willowsy".  Just moments ago I saw that a Sunken version of Albert Hall is in the store. Thought that quite fast; coincidence I guess

Anyway,

Water Splashes in USC

I picked up a Splashes pack this weekend mostly to have some basic items.  Haven't worked much with liquid shaders; usually just click & apply after the correct selections.  But after loosing 20-30 minutes realizing that, in the venacular of the Daz Universe for some reason increasing the OPACITY amount in an Opacity Tab is how you make something more Transparent, I pretty much got it to work.  

I was hoping to be able to copy the USC Water surface & apply to the splashs, but that's not the case.  I believe Howie said the Water is a custon Shader. Is there a workflow of blending USC water with other shaders? I got it pretty close with a lot of T&E, but would like a better method.

• UthgardUthgard Posts: 853

Have you tried selecting the ultrascenery water surface and saving the shader so that you can apply it to the splashes?

• Doc Acme said:

Quite nice.  Very "Wind in the Willowsy".  Just moments ago I saw that a Sunken version of Albert Hall is in the store. Thought that quite fast; coincidence I guess

Anyway,

Water Splashes in USC

I picked up a Splashes pack this weekend mostly to have some basic items.  Haven't worked much with liquid shaders; usually just click & apply after the correct selections.  But after loosing 20-30 minutes realizing that, in the venacular of the Daz Universe for some reason increasing the OPACITY amount in an Opacity Tab is how you make something more Transparent, I pretty much got it to work.  

I was hoping to be able to copy the USC Water surface & apply to the splashs, but that's not the case.  I believe Howie said the Water is a custon Shader. Is there a workflow of blending USC water with other shaders? I got it pretty close with a lot of T&E, but would like a better method.

Not sure if this will work with USC as haven't tried it there yet, but its what I have done with other things.

In the scene tab select the item you want to copy the surface of, go to the surfaces tab and select the appropriat surface. Right click, copy selected.

Back in the scene tab select the item you want to copy the settings to, surfaces tab select the surface. Right click, paste to selected.

That will normally do the trick, if you would like some scren shots let me know and I will get some for you.

Geuss I got lucky with this matching as well out of the box lol. Not a proper scence just messing about with an idea

Waterfall.jpg
    1423 x 851 - 1M

Ya, that's what I first tried Dreamweaver.  Accidentally applied a Water shader to the USC water & it accepted it.  Looked awful, but it worked going that direction.

I haven't tried the Preset save test yet though Uthgard but worth doing so I'd think just in case.

Splash06 Diff Rough 3pnt75.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • Doc Acme said:

Ya, that's what I first tried Dreamweaver.  Accidentally applied a Water shader to the USC water & it accepted it.  Looked awful, but it worked going that direction.

I haven't tried the Preset save test yet though Uthgard but worth doing so I'd think just in case.

Ah ok, yeah some times it works others it dosent. What you got there looks pretty good to me though 

It'll do.  That's just a quickly thrown together scene to test with is all.

While I was fiddling whith that, I guess a couple neurons bumped together & I remembered some Video Co-Pilot items I bought quite some time back, their Motion Pack items.  These sets are in a propriotary format, but via the UI in After Effects, it's pretty easy to export out single items to OBJ.  So, I've ~ 200 more splashes, liquid pours, etc. now.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,394
    edited September 2021

Dance of the Little Fairies

Using Alienator Pro, I swapped the grass tufts for candles and rushes for an Alien Botanical plant. The USC Fairy Circle mushroom instances were translated up a bit and the emission channel activated to red.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
    edited September 2021

Disneyland, eat your heart out!

Post edited by Doc Acme on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 24,034
    Doc Acme said:

Disneyland, eat your heart out!

The perfect reply!
    edited September 2021

Check the Daz Blog. @Gogger has the featured image!
    Featured Image: “ArborGate” by Gogger in the Daz Gallery

Post edited by barbult on
  • barbult said:

Gogger said:

barbult said:

Gogger said:

Still stuck in the UltraScenery Forest - this time I stumbled across a WraithGate - it looks active. A blue glow. A humming sound and a vibration in the ground...

That's another nice image! Those purple flowers really look great in this environment. I see why you are still stuck in this forest. yes

Thanks, @barbult, the sad thing is... there is another! I just couldn't help it. :) This is the one I MEANT to do when I ended up doing the gate instead. It is using a fallen log model from Hivewire and a wishing well from here.

And to answer another post above, the flowers are FLINKS flowers and they come as individual as well as varying groupings of them. Quite nice to work with and no trouble. I manually placed them, adjusting for the terrain, maybe five or six groupings here.

It is taking on a beautiful fairytale look. I like watching the evolution of this scene.

Gogger, you could always use the gateway as a destination for yet another UltraScene.  Then just layer them together in Photoshop (or editor of choice).

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    edited September 2021

Doc Acme said:

Oh, I'm SO depressed!!  I've been hard at work renovating my Albert Mansion and people keep destroying it!!  Sigh.... I'm sure my mansion will sink soon... too many opportunities.  Although, I do wonder how they're keeping the power on under water.

Nice work, Norman_R!

(EDIT:  oh..... it's only $3.49... glub, glub, glub)

Post edited by sandmanmax on
    edited September 2021

I used the new PC+ Swamp Huts in the UltraScenery Swamp.

USC Swamp Hut_Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,831

barbult said:

Perfect!  

• xmasrosexmasrose Posts: 1,403

barbult said:

Looks so real!!!

• xmasrosexmasrose Posts: 1,403

barbult said:

Looks so real!!!

• barbult said:

What everyone else said. Very well done!

• DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

What everyone else said. Very well done!

The two elements of the scene merge together beautifully, don't they?  I have these huts on my wishlist so I hope to be doing something similar soon. 

Cheers,

Alex. 

edited September 2021

barbult said:

Looks great

sandmanmax said:

Nice work, Norman_R!

(EDIT:  oh..... it's only $3.49... glub, glub, glub)

thanks
  • Thank you barbult  for your great tutorials.

Norman_R said:
    Thank you barbult  for your great tutorials.

You are welcome! I'm happy to see someone putting the ideas to use. That is a nice image.
    Thanks for the swamp hut comments. They do go well with the UltraScenery swamp and wetlands add-ons. I wanted to put in some alligators, but the AM alligators are just not shaped and posed like Florida alligators. I think I'll have to try to morph them someday.
    edited September 2021

barbult said:

Thanks for the swamp hut comments. They do go well with the UltraScenery swamp and wetlands add-ons. I wanted to put in some alligators, but the AM alligators are just not shaped and posed like Florida alligators. I think I'll have to try to morph them someday.

barbult Thanks :)

he also has this https://www.daz3d.com/crocodilia-2-gharial-and-crocodile 

Norman_R said:

barbult said:

barbult Thanks :)

he also has this https://www.daz3d.com/crocodilia-2-gharial-and-crocodile 

I also have Crocodilia 1 Alligator and Caiman, but it diesn't have Iray shaders and I had difficulty converting, so I bought the Iray version of the alligator. This is what a Florida gator looks like in the water (photo from Saturday) and I haven't been able to achieve that yet with the Daz Studio product. I think it part shaping and part posing that is frustrating me.

20210911_152906 - Alligator.jpg
    4000 x 2252 - 2M
    20210911_152759 - Alligator.jpg
    4000 x 2252 - 2M
This discussion has been closed.