UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• It's been raining for 3 days here in Georgia and I'm really missing my public park.  So I created a virtual one...

Missing the Park.png
    1323 x 1028 - 3M
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 24,033

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

Your link doesn't seem to work for me.

Grrrr .....

https://static.onecms.io/wp-content/uploads/sites/20/2021/08/31/alligator.jpg

And now I can clearly see why the rounded back is bugging you.  Have you tried using Mesh Grabber?

Yes, I did use Mesh Grabber on it.
  • Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Doc Acme said:

At Sea HDR's

Thought I'd ask here first & see where that leads.  Some time back I bought the "Above The Clouds" HDR series and have used them much more than I thought I would frankly. I'd like to find a series like that, but Out at Sea.  I went back to the Clouds site but nothing like that there.  Broadened a Google search some but still no luck.  Maybe something like that needs a rock solid base, but in this day & age of drones & milli-gnathair precision, I'm thinking something like that just might exist.

Anyone hear of anything like this? Hmmm. Maybe I'll have to run this by a relative who's drone certified & lives in Port Angeles.

Perhaps some products at rendo would fit. There is a a "Lonely Ocean Island" HDR from scienceartnature, featuring an ocean with a beach. And two HDR sets from JeffersonAF titled "Skydome Oceans" and "Skydome Oceans 2". Both are basically just ocean and sky, but rae intended for Bryce (images in JPG format, though).

Thanks for looking.  I'm looking for bit more dramatic waves way off rather than at the shore. 

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,106
    edited September 2021

You could make your own using

Ocean Wide

Big Ocean

iReal Animated Ocean

Post edited by Fishtales on

Fishtales said:

You could make your own using

Ocean Wide

Big Ocean

iReal Animated Ocean

Yes, DA Big Ocean works pretty well. These are some images I posted earlier in this thread.

Those are pretty good suggestions.  I've Big Ocean but not familiar with the other two.Will investigate further.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Doc Acme said:

Hmm, not quite what I'm looking for, but it's not urgent. Just one of those things I happened to notice:  Sky, Land, but no Sea in isolated shots. Might have to whang something together in HDRLightStudio perhaps.

Here are some from Dreamlight:

Swedish Beaches and Rocks

Exotic Beaches

Swedish Beach

Sunset Beaches

Ocean Park

I'm looking more for something along these lines folks:

stormy-sea.jpg
    1440 x 550 - 545K
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,106

There are these.

Rigged Waves

The Last Wave

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793

And now I can clearly see why the rounded back is bugging you.  Have you tried using Mesh Grabber?

I think, it all depends on what the alligator/croc is actually doing. 
    If it is just floating, the animal can be in kind of a "C" shape, in which the head and the upper portion of the back is exposed above the water.

If it is swiming or moving, it elongates itself and most of the top, from stem to stern, is exposed.

I posted a vid of what is going on "viewed from below" with a floating alligator earlier, but here it is a again....
    https://videos.clipstock.com/s3fs-public/previews/119-0023-01-209-preview.mp4?VersionId=LyDB5tXCjR9uNcQxOBvKy9gIV84O4jxx

Ah, that's more like it Fishtales. Wasn't aware of either product. Thanks.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,825

is it time for a new injection, a booster, of ultrascenery fineness? 

• daveso-confused said:

Howie was working on that background mountains product. I wonder how that's going?

Cheers,

Alex. 

• Just missed a TangoAlpha flash sale, damn. I bought the main addon yesterday. Pretty neat and 'kin fast in Octane, I found IRay a bit on the bogged down side. Looks lovely.

alexhcowley said:

daveso-confused said:

Howie was working on that background mountains product. I wonder how that's going?

Cheers,

Alex. 

that will be nice to have 

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 606
    edited October 2021

alexhcowley said:

daveso-confused said:

Cheers,

Still going... have been spending a lot of time getting the foundations of the plugin in an acceptable position so lots of coding being done without a lot to show for it yet. Expect some pretty picture spam in a few weeks though.
    Post edited by HowieFarkes on
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378
    edited October 2021

HowieFarkes said:

alexhcowley said:

daveso-confused said:

Cheers,

Still going... have been spending a lot of time getting the foundations of the plugin in an acceptable position so lots of coding being done without a lot to show for it yet. Expect some pretty picture spam in a few weeks though.

Howie,

Thanks for the update. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is eager to get his hands on this product.

My credit card has just breathed a sigh of relief.  The poor thing has yet to recover from the PA sale.

Cheers,

Alex. 

P.S. for those who haven't seen them, check out page 32 for some early test shots of the mountain  background product.  

Post edited by alexhcowley on

HowieFarkes said:

alexhcowley said:

daveso-confused said:

Cheers,

pretty picture spam ..can't wait laugh 

• The Hideaway

While we wait for the mountains from Howie, I used FirstBastion's Hidden Waters Lower Falls for the mountains. The waterfalls in that set was replaced by one from Sickleyield's Rigged Waterfalls Iray. And finally I used a mask to create a clearing for the truck.

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,595

DoctorJellybean said:

The Hideaway

While we wait for the mountains from Howie, I used FirstBastion's Hidden Waters Lower Falls for the mountains. The waterfalls in that set was replaced by one from Sickleyield's Rigged Waterfalls Iray. And finally I used a mask to create a clearing for the truck.

I'm looking forward to mountains integrated as part of US, too. Here I used some mountains from Highlands by @Aako. Having mountains in the BG certainly goes a long way towards creating a feeling of distance and scale:

It's good to have things to look forward to!

- Greg

• Marty3DMarty3D Posts: 33
    edited October 2021

Hi. I've just picked up the accelerator for ultra scenery and I have problems.

I have ultrascenery v1.3 installed and the Script version is 1.3.3.1

UI for accelerator and inside of daz plugins pane it says my accelerator version is 1.0.2.4

Everything is installed through Daz Central. The plugin worked without accelerator fine, now it runs through a few parts really fast and then hangs, usually at the creating instances stage or creating aspens instances or something like that. I have uninstalled , re installed through DC and then restarted computer and same issues.

I tried to look at the manual zip file from account product page but there is no .dll inside of the zip file to swap out in the 64bit/DAZ3D/DAZSTUDIO4/plugins folder.

Help cheers.

Post edited by Marty3D on
  • Marty3D said:

Hi. I've just picked up the accelerator for ultra scenery and I have problems.

I have ultrascenery v1.3 installed and the Script version is 1.3.3.1

UI for accelerator and inside of daz plugins pane it says my accelerator version is 1.0.2.4

Everything is installed through Daz Central. The plugin worked without accelerator fine, now it runs through a few parts really fast and then hangs, usually at the creating instances stage or creating aspens instances or something like that. I have uninstalled , re installed through DC and then restarted computer and same issues.

I tried to look at the manual zip file from account product page but there is no .dll inside of the zip file to swap out in the 64bit/DAZ3D/DAZSTUDIO4/plugins folder.

Help cheers.

Uninstall everything UltraScenery related, and use DIM to install.

DoctorJellybean said:

Really? Will this be a pain with an E:\ Drive Daz3D  install in custom location?

• Marty3D said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Really? Will this be a pain with an E:\ Drive Daz3D  install in custom location?

Just make sure that the paths in DIM is the same as in DazCentral.

edited October 2021

Just installed with DIM and I get the same issues, it just hangs creating the instances. I have the script installed, two parts via DIM. The UltraSceneryCreator recognises my install as being accelerated inside the GUI.

I hope this isn't an Octane Render thing because otherwise it's pretty much game over, I ain't using IRay only for it. The product works fine without the accelerator, in Octane too, but I can't understand why it wouldn't now work with the accelerator installed.

edited October 2021

OK. I disabled Octane Render plugin and restarted DAZ3D. Now it works fine, builds in around 5-10 secs sometimes. 

I'll look for a work around. I really think the PA needs to mention this on the store page for accelerator, not down in the forum sections.

• Marty3D said:

OK. I disabled Octane Render plugin and restarted DAZ3D. Now it works fine, builds in around 5-10 secs sometimes. 

I'll look for a work around. I really think the PA needs to mention this on the store page for accelerator, not down in the forum sections.

Glad to hear that it is working now.

The PA can really not be expected to test it against other plugins, only DAZ own.

• Marty3D said:

The issue is that Octane Render appears to have an issue with instance groups - which are a standard included (if not particularly common) feature of Daz Studio. I think it is more incumbent on the developers of Octane to fix that than for everyone else to warn that a standard feature of Studio will cause problems with Octane.
    edited October 2021

I used UltraScenery for the lawn and UltraScatterPro Matrix mode for the corn fields.

On the farm cornfields_Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • smaker1smaker1 Posts: 278

HowieFarkes said:

Marty3D said:

The issue is that Octane Render appears to have an issue with instance groups - which are a standard included (if not particularly common) feature of Daz Studio. I think it is more incumbent on the developers of Octane to fix that than for everyone else to warn that a standard feature of Studio will cause problems with Octane.

Yes! The only way I found was to disable Octane plug while making ultrascenery scene creation. Make short Iray renders to see if all is correct, save scene , activate the plug and restart DS4, reload the scene and then make octane render (but I don't modify the "ultrascene" anymore or go back to step one) . Problem, for me, is coming from the plug as I have no problem in the standalone version but I'm not a tech guy :-) 

I do my renders in Octane standalone so I use this process only with "ultrascenery needs" to make an export otherwise the Octane plug is deactivated.

This discussion has been closed.