Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    Tim82 said:

I thought i would share a work in progress :)

That looks really great! How do you get such good looking grass? I've tried the different materials in Bryce, and they all look awful to me. Though, that could just be my own inexperience with the software. But, are you using a custom texture by chance?

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

David Brinnen that is wickedly awesome.  There is an intersting phenomen happening when I look at the picture full size it is like looking through a tunnel.  When I look at the thumbnail it looks more like I am looking down into the eye.  Kind of a cool optical illusion.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

David, you probably know this but the squishiness to your images can be avoided by setting the width to 800 (set manually when uploading through the Image icon thingy - right of Flag etc.,).

Jay

• Thanks Jay, you know I really didn't know that.  I shall give it a go on my next upload.  I'm not very familiar with HTML and CSS.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,540
    edited January 2016

David - you can always edit your post and adjust the width, which is 800 px max in this forum. You can open the tab next to Image Info (Link), enter the image link again and have it displayed on a new window and that one can have the full size.

Post edited by Horo on
  • If a small pinch of pepper makes your soup taste good, a large spoon full of pepper will make it taste absolutely great!

With this impeccable bit of logic and reasoning in mind, I went full out on the clouds in this render.

One 'home made' cloud layer, one from a set and a cloud hemisphere gave this result:

a rather stylish and dramatic cloud scenery if i say so myself...

I had some mountains in there but this render was all about the sky so I had them deleted.

@ David Brinnen. I am very impressed by your cloudscape!

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    Rembrandt said:

If a small pinch of pepper makes your soup taste good, a large spoon full of pepper will make it taste absolutely great!

With this impeccable bit of logic and reasoning in mind, I went full out on the clouds in this render.

One 'home made' cloud layer, one from a set and a cloud hemisphere gave this result:

I had some mountains in there but this render was all about the sky so I had them deleted.

Nice!

• sriesch said:
    Rembrandt said:

If a small pinch of pepper makes your soup taste good, a large spoon full of pepper will make it taste absolutely great!

Nice!

Very nice!

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    Rembrandt said:

It is a masterpiece in terms of Bryce! 

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited January 2016

Here's another strange space cloud, along very simiar lines to the last one.

Cloud_loop3.jpg
    800 x 800 - 208K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Here's another strange space cloud, along very simiar lines to the last one.

That one is alive, it has a face

• Here's another strange space cloud, along very simiar lines to the last one.

This immediately made me think of Jerry Pournelle and larry Niven's book "The mote in God's eye".

Very, very nice indeed.

@ Slepalex, Sriesch and David, Thank you!

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895

@Fencepost52: Wonderful mountain scene. Looks very realistic. And the others are great too, specifically the terrain with the river. The balloons in this one are a bit distorted.

@launok: Nice city scenes. I like the version with the mountain more. Disadvantage of those Sketchup models is their plastic look. I think with Bryce textures you can get even better results.

@David Brinnen: Nice objects you have made, interesting workflow. I really like the colours of the ‘wheels’. Lovely clouds in your ‘Dreamworks’ render. Nice eye in the sky too.

@Rembrandt: Very interesting ‘Dutch seapainting’. I like the white waves. The waves up front look a bit sharp and glassy. The sky is wonderful storm. You may want to increase the quality of the sky or lower the thickness to get rid of the banding effect (top right). Last sky-scape is really, really good!

@dHandle: Wonderful looking abstract! The lens flare does add some spice.

@vivien: Very good looking terrain scene. And the bridge works very well too.

@Dave Savage: Wonderful New Year’s card; thanks a lot and best wishes for you too! And, I really like your Bryce farm.

@Jamahoney: You should be more careful with this dangerous stuff (Mercury, not Bryce, of course).

@Electro-Elvis: Nice portrait.

@orbital: Beautiful sci-fi render. Wonderful colours!

@Horo: Bad-ass machine and nice terrain. Why throw away a terrain? You can always find some use, I think.

@Ati: Welcome to the forum. Nice start of your render carreer!

@Atlantis: Somehow very alien and dangerous, your render.

Sorry, no renders myself, just now.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited January 2016

Hansmar said:

@Jamahoney: You should be more careful with this dangerous stuff (Mercury, not Bryce, of course).

Cheers, Hansmar...I'm not sure though as Byrce can be pretty dangerous stuff, too...it's given me so many headaches crying

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • Hansmar said:

@Rembrandt: Very interesting ‘Dutch seapainting’. I like the white waves. The waves up front look a bit sharp and glassy. The sky is wonderful storm. You may want to increase the quality of the sky or lower the thickness to get rid of the banding effect (top right). Last sky-scape is really, really good!

Thank you.

Banding is a big(ish) problem with nearly all Bryce sky lattices.

Post production gaussian fading seems to work best for me but then you end up with a non-pure Bryce render.

Too bad Vue 2015 doesn't export cloud formations because that program has a few very nice ones that come standard.

It does however export complete skies as HDR files -if you buy an extra module- but exporting those takes a very, very long time.

Bryce devs still have some work to do on that one.

• djMikulecdjMikulec Posts: 9
    edited January 2016

My first image post to this thread.

Bryce 7.x Pro w/postwork for lightning bolt, flare and ghost effects.

If the image isn't allowed because of the post processing, feel free to delete. Wasn't sure.

Post edited by djMikulec on
    edited January 2016

Rembrandt - great clouds. You counter banding by increasing quality (and render time) in the Mat Lab. Bryce can also export skies, HDRIs and complete HDRI skies in different transformations and different file types.

David - great cloud, too.

Hansmar - thank you.

djMikulec - welcome to these forums. Outstanding Bryce render. Nothing wrong with post processing. Some are purists trying to make Bryce everything they want but the final result counts, not the means how it was arrived at.

Post edited by Horo on
  • Thanks for the words Horo. The full sized (1528 x 979) version will be up on 'Rosity this weekend.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 871
    edited January 2016

This is a study with a imported genesis 3 character. The first two pictures show the result after the import without any postwork. For the first one I used the bridge function, the second one was exported and imported. The third one is the result after fixing the skin and eye texture.

IMHO the genesis 3 character is harder to transfer into Bryce than the former characters. I learnt, that e. g. according to which hair you use the bump map can get corrupted, which never happens with a genesis 2 figure.

g3studybridge.jpg
    600 x 600 - 37K
    g3studyexp.jpg
    600 x 600 - 34K
    g3study1.jpg
    600 x 600 - 39K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • Horo said:

Rembrandt - great clouds. You counter banding by increasing quality (and render time) in the Mat Lab. Bryce can also export skies, HDRIs and complete HDRI skies in different transformations and different file types.

Ah well...

That's another problem with Bryce, it makes an idiot of me with almost every statement I make about it.

The layers within layers I encounter within that brilliant program are just staggering.*

* The "making an idiot" rule probably does apply here as well.

Anyway, This evening I started on a sky-only render and came up with this:

clouds and a baloon type thingy.

Electro-Elvis - good examples, thanks for testing. I think the bridge to Bryce wasn't updated for new characters. Exporting/importing obj seems to be the safest way, though going back to Studio for pose adjustments is lost.

Rembrandt - using Bryce and being an idiot is an oxymoron. laugh If volumetric objects intersect, funny effects result. This is not you doing something wrong, it's a known bug in Bryce 7, this worked fine in earlier versions.
    Nice cloudy sky here and great sun rays.

• Horo said:
     If volumetric objects intersect, funny effects result. This is not you doing something wrong, it's a known bug in Bryce 7, this worked fine in earlier versions.

You are right, after cleaning up and adding a few bits it seems to work better.

lots of sky with bits in it.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    dHandle said:

My first submission ever.

I got distracted from 5 other projects and started messing around with abstracts in Bryce.  Just followed an OLD (2010, I think...) tutorial with no sound, and ended up with something interesting.

This is straight out of the render..no postwork (yet).  Trying to decide how I can jazz it up a bit.  I'm thinking maybe a few well-placed lens flares...

Oh wow - do you remember the link to that tutorial?

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

All the stuff is just way too cool! :) Makes me want to jump in with both feet and try it. Ha!

edited January 2016

Welcome Lianam. Yes, do so and if you get stuck, just ask. We're here to help.

Post edited by Horo on
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859

awesome new renders smiley

and welcome Lianam, as horo said definitely do so...bryce is not just a great tool to learn with, its also awesome fun in the process laugh

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited January 2016

Using one of Horo's Sunless Skies.  http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-sunless-hdri-skies  And a mixture of terrain and material from our High Resolution Terrain sets.  Inspired by watching Blakes 7 episodes on youtube.    Which is a Sci-fi from the late 70's and is of course really corny - so if you are going to watch it, please do not get your expectations up too high.  In this series there are barren planets that often resemble quarries in the UK.  Not quite as grand as as what I came up with.  I've matched volume clouds to match the HDRI sky as best as possible.  And rendered at HD resolution.  So if you click on the attached image, I think it should be possible to see that.  In theory.

A quick question for anyone that knows the answer.  How do you go about searching the forum now?  I can't seem to remember where to find the option.

B7_ridged_glacier1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by David Brinnen on

The Commons: Forum Search. Top sticky item. Sorry, very busy doing horror work, I'll comment later.

•  

Horo said:

The Commons: Forum Search. Top sticky item. Sorry, very busy doing horror work, I'll comment later.

Thank you!  Sorry to hear about horror work.  Endure if you cannot enjoy!

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    @David : very nice canyon scene!
This discussion has been closed.