Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105

Great first attempt, well done.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,540

trembling3d - great start, keep it up!

Tim - thank you, you're too kind. This island render isn't too bad but it doesn't fully convince me.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited January 2016

@Dave, Thank you, well I guess I've spend an unhealthy amount of time fiddling around with the DTE.  However, a good material is eminently reusable and can really transform the look of a terrain.  Good render with the Celtic cross, the material does look familiar.

@Horo, The abstract render puts me in mind of a 1970 special effect (but that might be because of my current interest in 1970's sci-fi.  Watching Space 1999 now.    The shape of the island is very good.  The material and the light is good too.  It would be interesting to see this scene remixed to give some different moods.

@Tim, Brilliant snake in the grass!  Positioning all that grass must have been tedious.

@Trembling3d, interesting first try, so long as you have fun using the software, you will find learning is not a chore.

There is an eposide of Space 1999 called "Black sun".  This was inspired by that.  I remember as a child drawing black holes in the skies over craggy terrains populated by Darleks shooting figures of men with laser beams.  Seems I've not really changed all that much.  HDRI is DS-sky02_3840, the terrain Straits_4096 from one of the High Resolution terrains as is the material.  The galaxy behind the "black hole" is Horo's and mines Space Construction kit.

Black_sun1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 780K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859

@David, thank you, and it was! :)

• Thank you for the comments. It was fun and there is plenty of room to get better :)

• Rembrandt_2647480Rembrandt_2647480 Posts: 113
    edited January 2016

@ Dave Savage, whoa, that is a very nice render!

@ Tim82, very, very nice snake.

@ trembling3d, keep 'em coming, a very nice stone circle. (granny Weatherwax would be proud of you laugh)

@ David Brinnen, I kind of miss the just visible threads your planets hang on, Yup, I watched those same 70s sci-fi shows.

@ Horo, I like those two water levels!!

I just don't seem to get enough of that sea material (sorry)

Tried to add a bit of foam on the waves with the waterfall material from the pro-landscapes set.

Added a dash of sunrays and a pinch of rainbow for dramatic effect and just a dollop of birds because everybody likes birds, right?

Gave the rocks a bit of reflection to make them wet.

Post edited by Rembrandt_2647480 on
  • NavimNavim Posts: 79

I've been Brycing since Vers. 3 in the mid 90's with some years off in the interim. Harkening back to the old days of competition Brycing on the 3DCommune, I was always amazed at some of the waterfalls I saw being done. So after several deadends of trying to do with one mat I think I may have hit upon a solution of using multi-repped lattices with a different material assigned to each which are then grouped and stretched out on the Y axis. Attached is the first large scale usage of this technique. I would have posted it in my gallery here but it will not accept my images although I have no problem posting same to RuntimeDNA or 'osity.

Rainbow Falls Upper Run.jpg
    576 x 720 - 143K
    edited January 2016

David - thank you. Of course the material on the island is good, it's two of yours. Below is the same terrain but higher. The result looks less "tame" than the island variant.
    Your "black hole" scene looks great.

Rembrandt - thank you. You came up with a very nicely done rough sea. I'm not fully convinced with the reflection on the stones. Perhaps specularity would be preferred.

Navim - your waterfall looks very good. Indeed, waterfalls are not the easiest to get right.

As David suggested, I took the terrain again, made it higher, gave it a different material (from the High Resolution Terrains Set 4), copied it four times, reduced resolution and moved them farther away. A starfield and a blue distant light (from the Space Construction Kit) in the backdrop. The HDRI from the Deep Space HDRI 2 Set gives ambient light and makes the sky a bit more "spacey". The sun is the key light.

Parched Region

ParchedRegion.jpg
    800 x 480 - 114K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895
    edited January 2016

Great work everybody. Been away too long to react to all the renders, but I've seen newbies and old faithfuls making nice works.

Here is one I made recently.I started making some renders with pillars from different vantage point to show the different way that perspective works (when looking up or down, for instance). I decided to continue with one POV and added 'random' elements to get a nice look. Looks like a Museum to me.

museum.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • vivienvivien Posts: 184

Hi everyone.... Just to let you know Im still looking at all your renders, but unfortunatly my husband passed away on the 10 Jan,age 59, after suffering for many years of heart failure. I will be back just don't know when at the moment.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433

Oh heck, really sorry to hear that Vivien... sad

Oh no, I'm really very sorry to hear that Vivien, please accept my sympathies.

• Rembrandt_2647480Rembrandt_2647480 Posts: 113
    edited January 2016

My condolences, Vivien.

Post edited by Rembrandt_2647480 on
  • I too shall add my condolences, that is very sad news Vivien, I am sorry for you.

@ vivien, i would like to offer my condolences also, im so sory to hear the sad news, I hope you and your family are all ok and doing well.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115

Very sorry to hear that Vivien.

My sincere condolences.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

and from me too, sincere condolences Vivien

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited January 2016

Vivien...may he rest in peace.

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited January 2016
    Vivien, I'm dedicating my last render to you and your family.. a very, very sad news.. Hope that you'll get well sooner. My sincere condolences. To all of you, my bryce friends, no comments on this picture publication please.
    Mossy.jpg
    1650 x 1250 - 1M
    Post edited by c-ram on
  • Vivien, I am sorry to hear that, my sincere condolence.

I just finished this and thought i would share :)

small_island_1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Nice rock spire island!

• The roots and butterfly were liberated from the internet. One light placed just behind the camera, the roots are a construct of "crystal" and "Dreams of Xanadese lake", both are standard in Bryce.

I wanted to test the limit of what size model i could get away with importing to bryce and rendering, this model is 1.4GB in size :)

War_M1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited February 2016

Just playing with light.

Profile2.jpg
    650 x 650 - 124K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105

Just playing with light.

Yep, that works. The eye needs a bit more work though to get it loking watery/ transparent though :)

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    vivien said:

Hi everyone.... Just to let you know Im still looking at all your renders, but unfortunatly my husband passed away on the 10 Jan,age 59, after suffering for many years of heart failure. I will be back just don't know when at the moment.

My sincere condolences.Vivien, sorry to hear about your great loss.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited February 2016

Upgraded from four core i7 920 Brycing to six core i7 5820K.  For most applications, because the clock speeds are pretty close, there's little difference to be seen, but for Bryce, because it can use up to 8 cores, there is a resonable performance boost.  I considered, very briefly, a 5960X 8 core processor, but couldn't really justify with myself the additional £500 I'd have had to fork out for the privilege, and spent the money instead on a more potent GPU setup.  Just going through the traumas of Windows update (Still on Windows 7 - I don't trust 10).  Thanks to updates going a bit wonkey it took two hours for the computer to boot while it installed and then recovered from a failed update.  Urth.  Anyway, here's a little fantasy space render made with components from Deep Space HDRI 1 and the Space Construction Kit by Horo and myself.  Doubtless inspired by my watching more Space 1999.

Space_fantasy1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 374K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on

@David, nice scene :) ...and windows10 is perfectly fine, all of there spyware crap is all telemetry based and can be turned off and controled using Spybot Anti-Beacon from safer networking ;) ....as long as you stick to chrome firefox ect...your good to go pretty much, just stay away from microsoft edge browser!!!...I mean you can turn off about 95% of its spy crap, but there are a few things you cant, also i recomended Spybot Anti-Beacon becuase when w10 restarts, by default any privacy settings you disable...re enable by default every time, Spybot Anti-Beacon keeps it all disabled! :D ...but for me personaly...I honestly am loving W10, mainly because it is more gpu based :D ....rant over! lol

• Tim82 said:

@David, nice scene :) ...and windows10 is perfectly fine, all of there spyware crap is all telemetry based and can be turned off and controled using Spybot Anti-Beacon from safer networking ;) ....as long as you stick to chrome firefox ect...your good to go pretty much, just stay away from microsoft edge browser!!!...I mean you can turn off about 95% of its spy crap, but there are a few things you cant, also i recomended Spybot Anti-Beacon becuase when w10 restarts, by default any privacy settings you disable...re enable by default every time, Spybot Anti-Beacon keeps it all disabled! :D ...but for me personaly...I honestly am loving W10, mainly because it is more gpu based :D ....rant over! lol

Thanks for the tip Tim, my main worry is that I have so much software to run and some of it is a bit long in the tooth that I just think maybe some of it just won't run.  Doubtless we will eventually be forced to use Windows10, but until then I am inclined to stick with what I know works.

This discussion has been closed.