Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895

@Horo: 67 hours more? Wow! Hope it turns out just as good as you expect!

@Tim82: Your gorge is really coming alive. People will want to know where you took the photo! The bug is also quite good and the skin texture is awesome!

@Rembrandt: great landscape and weather render. I'm not too sure that the clouds fit the type of weather, would expect kind of an anvil structure, which I would not know how to create, though. Furthermore, the top-down flash does not look as realistic as the horizontal one. Maybe because there are not enough 'branches'? Nevertheless, in total it is a great render!

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035
    edited February 2016

Thanks Horo. :)

Here is one of my bryce renders. A night time sceen. Still working on it all. The laptop scene color is a bit different than my desk top. Nothing complicated yet, just trying to get use to all the buttons, etc.

moonlit_mtn.jpg
    1200 x 600 - 41K
    Post edited by Liana on
    edited February 2016

Now an early morning version. I think.. :)

Oh...Please feel free to give suggestions. I don't know where everything is or how all the 'buttons' work yet. :)

I had a thought about adding a moon or sun as a separate object. My thoughts are, I may have more control over how it looks in the final image. Learning, learning, learning..

earlymorn_mtn.png
    900 x 450 - 344K
    Post edited by Liana on
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859

@Liana, its looking pretty good so far :) ....keep at it!!!

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited February 2016

Liana – your renders are nice, I remember when I did David’s Simple Landscape tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-Pe-IVp_dY I only moved the sun position to get the different moods for the day. I should look for those renders and post them in my Pinterest account.wink

A Wings 3D object using Horo’s GreenPath Hdri from the http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-environments-beneath-the-waves pack.

twistedcube1.jpg
    540 x 540 - 178K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,540

c-ram - No luck this time. My worry was that a power outage may hit - but half an hour ago the computer froze while I looked at a gallery entry. 49 hours lost. We've complained years ago that Bryce doesn't save regularly when rendering. Well, I've known the risk. Restarted the render now and will save it manually daily twice.

Liana - good start. The moon in the first picture is not round. When the camera FOV is set wide and the object is not centered it gets distorted. This may be charming or annoying, depending on what you're after. You're making progress, just keep it up.

Mermaid - great shape, I didn't realise at first that it is mirrored.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 871
    edited February 2016

Pauly Studd, lifelong crook, born 1947 in a trailer park in northern Kentucky, recently often felt increadibly tired.

I bought lately the package "Mec4D Facial Hair". It is really fun to use and works IMHO quite well in Bryce, too. Rendered with Premium Effects, 36 rpp, no TA, but a Dome Light with a quality of 81 and 100 % soft shadow. Render time about 2 3/4 hours.

pearlystudd.jpg
    600 x 798 - 288K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • @ Hansmar  Lightning is a bit difficult to incorporate in a render. I agree that the horizontal one looks far better than the vertical lightning. I need to go back to that render sometime.

@ Liana   learning to master Bryce (but who really does that?) is the fun bit of it. laugh

@ David Brinnen  Thanks for the help with the pro materials!! I used them a lot pre-harddrive crash and couldn't find them anymore. Now they are back up and running thanks to you.

@ Mermaid010  That is another great render!

This is one of my early renders. It has great potential for tweaking and improving but I remember I was very happy with it at the time.

edited February 2016
    Horo said:

Liana - good start. The moon in the first picture is not round. When the camera FOV is set wide and the object is not centered it gets distorted. This may be charming or annoying, depending on what you're after. You're making progress, just keep it up.

Ahhhh...that explains that. Yea, it was sort of annoying to me. :) 

@Mermaid...Oh, I have Pinterest! :D If I could recreate some of the scenes I have pinned there.

Elvis your guy looks pretty cool. :)

Rembrandt..A volcano how neat is that. Looks like a person can do lots with Bryce. I have been working on a Daz render is an outdoor scene with a horse and person. I will post it in another thread. I need some experienced lighting people who have worked with outdoor type scenes to help me out a bit. Another way for me to learn. :)

Thanks everyone for the comments. :)

Post edited by Liana on
  • c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    @horo : another option you can use is the crop render mode. I'm always using this option to calculate an image.

Interesting. What exactly do you mean by this.

Just clic on a zone of the image you want to render, select an area by moving your mouse while you maintain the left bouton, then hit render on the area selected.
    Hope this may help you Horo.

i use the crop render option also :) ...its awesome to just preview a small section of your render before committing to the full render :)

edited February 2016

c-ram & Tim - you're talking about plop render, do you? I know it and use it for corrections. Once a render is bigger than the display, it gets a bit difficult.

Electro-Elvis - that's a great render.

Rembrandt - volcano looks great. I like the birds a bit less, too big black areas.

Post edited by Horo on
    @Horo : yes that's what I'm talking about. You can unzoom on your picture to use it but you're right, it's a little bit difficult to select a zone you like to render. However, with practice, it becomes familiar to use.

@Horo, yes i was also talking about plop render :)

ill probably add more to this, but this is what i have for this scene so far :)

hillside_rest.jpg
    1514 x 845 - 1M

c-ram - thank you for the clarification, Marco. It's a bit late for this project but I will experiment with this plop-render "tiling" method. I can see the benefit. The rendered image can be moved and each part of the picture accessed when not in wire-frame mode.

Tim - thank you for confirming. That's going to be a cosy place, what you're working on.

@Horo : you're welcome. When I'm using this method I only save each parts of the plopped picture when each plopped render is finish. Then I load all those parts in photoshop to assemble the final result.

Excellent idea. I MUST test this method.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

To use plop renders on bigger than viewport pictures I am starting the render, than hit esc and click the magnifier with a "-" until the picture is inside the viewport.

I am working on a render where the part I have to plop render again and again on an object (changing materials again and again and ...) that is outside the viewport.

@ tim..You make that prop look way better than in it's promo image. :)

@Liana, aww thanks smiley

You're welcome :)

Your render got me to thinking about the image I was asking for help on in the lighting department. Anyways, I will tell more in that thread. I may need some tips. Hint, hint! :D

• @Tim82: Very naturally looking scene. I wish I had such a view. It is just another great work from you. I love your pocket watch, your snake, actually everything and the skin material in your robo-insect scene is just stunning.

@Liana: Your island scene would be a good object to try IBL. Your shadow areas are quite dark. IBL would give your scene even an more natural look.

@mermaid010: That is really lovely. The glass material is very convincing and the background is very well choosen

@c-ram: I missed your modern house. Impressiv as all your pictures.

@Rembrandt: Wow, that I call clouds! Looks very naturally.

• @ Electro_Elvis  Woah, I really do like the fabric on the hat and jacket. very, very nice render that one!

This is a render inspired (that is nice word for copied) by one of David's instructional video's.

I couldn't find the pro-materials anymore that I used a lot pre-HD crash and David Brinnen was nice enough to point me in the right direction.

A few changes in this rendered version: The foamy waves terrain I 'overlayed' with a slightly flattened out copy with a transparent bright blue water material.

The wet sand between the breaking wave and the beach is a simple cube stretched out.

The beach in the front is from a picture I googled using "abstract black white" and used as a terrain.

The beachball in the front is from the Bryce tutorial objects, found standard in Bryce and is a small tribute to David's excelent tutorials. laugh

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited February 2016

@Rembrandt, I'm glad you were able to find the materials you were after.  I'm still not fully converted over to the new PC.  So I have to remember to check my old on to do my email.  Windows has continued to throw some spanners in the works, like it does... but well, it's working now so I shouldn't grumble too loud.

A little landscape from me using one of Horo's Sunless Skies HDRI which I find very good.  An X island from one of the High Resolution terrain sets and a material from the first of those sets.  A few random clouds added, the last cloud recipie to be uploaded to my youtube channel.

Sunless_feb20.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 468K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895

@Liana: Good start. Keep going!

@mermaid010: wonderful structure and good render.

@Electro-Elvis: Your crook looks nice (as a render, I mean).

@Rembrandt: Great vulcano. Closest birds are indeed rather big and dark. The 'bridge' or cave looks very good. The foam/sea looks very white too me, though

@Tim82: Wonderful looking place and great sky!

@David Brinnen: Masterfully done again. What a wonderful sky and clouds!

• Check if its good!!!

336b.jpg
    1200 x 670 - 299K
This discussion has been closed.