Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited February 2016
    @ Hansmar and Mermaid : thank you both. If you like this model, you can find it at 3d warehouse.com but you've got to convert it to use it in Bryce because it's natively a sketchup file. So, here it is, decide to place it in a country side to make a big contrast between nature and modernism. I'm really proud of the result because I find it photoreal for bryce. Dandelions are coming from Vizpark product and they're very nice and suitable for some closed up because of there high resolution. There're all instanced manually and there's about 2 thousand species. Other plants and trees are coming from xfrog bundles.
    Modern house.jpg
    1485 x 600 - 1010K
    Post edited by c-ram on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,540

Tim - spider is very well done. The grassy mound had great vegetation and rock, I think it's just a bit low contrast and on the dark side. Lit cube is a really great object. The car is nicely presented with the gloss from the lights in this dark place.

Rembrandt - beautiful "2D-ish" scene.

Dave - "chips" look great.

c-ram - another of your most beautiful renders, Marco. It looks very photo-real and the use of foreground DOF is a nice detail.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859

@Horo, thanks and i agree about the low contrast part, im still working on the scene, so it is not a final just yet :)

@c-ram, nice render, it turned out nicely :)

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

I have been busy lately and not on here much. I really like everyone's renders so far. I have been playing with Bryce and daz off and on along following along with some videos. On top of being busy my pc's power supply decided to die just as i was working on upgrading. Ha! I might be a week or so before i get it up and running again.

I am working off my partner's refurbished Dell Latitude i5 2520 laptop, which seems to be handling things pretty good. It is a windows 7 pro 64 bit with 16 GB of ram. It seems to be handling Bryce and a few others programs well better than his old laptop. :D It is breaking me in for my new pc since I was on xp and a intel duo core yet.

Great work as usual everyone!

this is an old render, i wanted to make it a little bit more photo real and also change the material from just a plain gold :)

pw2_full.jpg
    1514 x 845 - 685K
  •  

c-ram said:

I've also build a new computer recently. I've make my choice on another 4 cores/8 ways i7 6700k...

...I have also made my choise on Windows 7 system.

Depending on how you use your computer, you might need to act very carefully from now on. Although "extended support" (security patches, etc) for Windows 7 isn't due to end until January 2020, Microsoft has now decided that only applies if you are using a CPU previous to sixth generation / "Skylake". For new technology users, except for a very limited list of sixth generation PCs from certain partner manufacturers, extended support for Windows 7 (and Win 8.1) is already ended.

http://www.computerworld.com/article/3023507/windows-pcs/faq-microsoft-mandates-new-windows-support-rules.html

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/lifecycle#gp/LifeWinFAQ

If you run your self-build i7 6700K machine almost entirely offline (e.g. dedicated workstation) then you probably won't be negatively affected by this policy change. However, if you use this Skylake PC (on Win7) as a regular internet connected device, you are now vulnerable to new security dangers.

Too late to comment more (i.e. rant)...

@Horo and Tim : thank you both, running right now to my next Bryce project. @ Peter Fulford : Thanks for this advise! You pointed right, I'm using all my workstations offline. So I will not be concerned by the policy change. For the Internet I'm using a laptop with Ubuntu and a Samsung tab.
  • takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,957

As I've said before, I've rarely seen a poorly done Bryce render...Outstanding work, especially from those who scolded me in the other thread! wink Looks like I'm gonna be off to do some scenes now, very inspirational! 

its not finished yet, thought i would share :)

Forest_Snake.jpg
    1514 x 845 - 1M
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited February 2016

C-ram – another awesome stunning render, very photorealistic, a really masterpiece.

Tim- beautiful antique pocket watch, the Forest Snake is awesome.

I started with David’s Spooky trees https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-lDcqH78Is and diverted a bit.

foggyexwithlights.jpg
    720 x 540 - 393K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited February 2016

C-ram – another awesome stunning render, very photorealistic, a really masterpiece.

Tim- beautiful antique pocket watch, the Forest Snake is awesome.

I started with David’s Spooky trees https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-lDcqH78Is and diverted a bit.

ETA: not sure how I got a double post, Sorry about that

Post edited by mermaid010 on

@mermaid, thanks :) ...and i like the new render, especially the yellows in the background :)

edited February 2016

work in progress :)

Gorge.jpg
    1514 x 845 - 978K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    @Mermaid : nice spooky tree. My advise : Try to produce more shadows on the ground and maybe soft them a little bit. @Tim : I really like your cave/canyon scene! I'll had some palm trees in the background, lit by the light it'll be very nice!
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895

@c-ram: very, very good with those dandalions!

@Tim82: Ah, that's why your work sometimes is so dark. The watch looks very good and the snake and the landscape (gorge) are already wonderful.

@mermaid010: Good to see that you dive into spooky. I think that the contrast in tone between trees and shadows is a bit large. The area surrounding the trees is a bit light, I think.

Thanks Tim, C-ram and Hansmar for the comments and suggestions. 

Tim- another awesome render

Tim - clock looks great, very nicely presented. The snake in the vegetation looks very realistic. The gorge is gorgeous, I like the detailed foreground.

Mermaid - interesting spooky trees render

I always like the scenic renders best. Nice work Tim. :)

@Liana and all who comeented thank you :)

edited February 2016

i decided to add a plant or 2 to my gorge :)

Gorge_2.jpg
    1514 x 845 - 1004K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • @ Tim82, Spectaculair work with that snake and the gorge. The plants really make it come 'alive' . (I'll probably steal your idea one of these days)

@ Mermaid010, keep watching those tutorials, they make all the difference in understanding Bryce! Well done.

Some renders seem to make themselves. This is one of those. A few tweaks here and there and it suddenly seems to click.

I was playing around with the sky tutorial and the FoV of the camera. (and yes every FoV greater than 120 is a gamble on what you get) and decided that just adding a few bits and bobs was more than enough for this picture.

@Rembrandt, thanks :) ...and your more than welcome to use my ideas for your renders, im looking forward to having a look at what you come up with :)

I seem to have a thing for insects, real or robotic at the moment :)

Mosquito_1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    edited February 2016

You're welcome Tim.

Nice work Rembrandt and Tim.

The insect sort of reminds me of the robtic insects in the movie Golden Compass.

I have not actually finished something to my satisfaction yet. Still waiting on parts for my pc. The laptop allows me to work in Bryce, but rendering is a pain. Plus it gets a bit too warm for my liking. I need one of those coolers for it I think. :) Learning lots poses, camera, lights, etc in Daz and just getting use to Bryce.

Post edited by Liana on

Horo-thanks

Tim - adding the trees was a good idea, beautiful render.  I glad to see you posting regularly these days, I love all your work, the lighting for the mosquito render is awesome. yes

Rembrandt – thanks. This is my 3 or 4 re-visits to David’s and Horo’s tutorials. Although my comprehension is not so great, too few gray cells, I have lots of fun just playing with Bryce. laugh Your render is beautiful, I love the clouds – awesome

thankyou Liana :)

thanks mermaid :) ...i appreciate that very much :)

Tim - again, your gorge is gorgeous. The robo-insect is somewhat frightening sitting on skin.

Rembrandt - beautiful landscape.

Liana - if your laptop has a multi-core CPU, try render in normal priority, it takes a bit longer but the machine gets less hot. Low priority uses 1 core, normal half of the cores and high all of them (up to 8).

My computer is currently blocked with an old render advancing less than 1% per hour. I got a request to include it in a book and I have to re-render at higher resolution. I lost a day network rendering, the result was without TA. I used obscure lighting, a lot of transparency, soft shadows and high rpp, everything known to slow the render and the combination doesn't make it better.

@Tim : your gorge is looking better with all that vegetation! Nice result! @Rembrandt : nice landscape, I really like the way the clouds are covering the mountains. @Horo : If you want me to render your work, I can do it with my 3 i7 machines. Just tell me.

c-ram - your offer is very kind, Marco. It's my fault, I bragged I could render it larger and only realised later that this is about the worst render I ever made concerning render time. This teaches me to look before I talk in the future. That network rendering doesn't honour TA was a new experience. I lost over a day until I saw the result is crap. Luckily, Aurélia from Paris is happy if the publisher gets it on Monday at the latest. Only 67 hours to go ...

@Horo : you're welcome. Hard to tell how much time a render is going to take if you've never try to calculate it with T.A on.. this is not the same process but you already know that. If you or another member of our community have to produce a high res picture quickly and for any reason, you can ask me and I will try to do my best to send you back the result a.f.a.p. Glad to read that luckily you get your Render in about 67 hours now.
This discussion has been closed.